Like A Real Couple

No Escape in Love

 

 
GD's POV
 
 
I lied beside her and told Dara, "You're really different." It's true. She really is different. She's the first woman I know that doesn't want anyone else to help her. She wants to stand on her own. She wants to be.
 
 
 
She sighed. 
 
 
 
"I know.", I heard her mumble like she's whispering through the air but enough for me to hear it. There's so much emotion in those two words that I can't seem to know. When will she break the wall between us? Why can't she let anyone help her?
 
 
 
She and I didn't said anything afterwards. Though I wanted to ask her a lot of questions, I know she needed space. 
 
 
 
But I still wanted to let her know that she doesn't have to keep all her problems and misery by herself. There are people who cares for her everytime she keeps everything to herself.
 
 
 
I don't know why but I went on top of her. Maybe I just didn't really know what to do. Maybe I thought she can't escape from me if I did this.
 
 
 
She opened her eyes sensing that I moved from the table. I looked at her, searching through her eyes. Searching what's hidden. I caged her using my arms and legs so she won't have any options but to stay.
 
 
 
"You're my girlfriend", I told her. It wasn't just a simple 'You're my girlfriend.' It was a sentence telling that she needs to depend on me from time to time. She needs to know that she have me. Whether this relationship is just business or not, she still have me. 
 
 
 
We stared at each other. I could feel her tensing below me. Her breathing became shallow, I noticed. Is she afraid of me?
 
 
 
"You know that, do you?" I was telling her if she really considers herself as my girlfriend. I wanted to know. 
 
 
 
I didn't dare to get my eyes out of her because I wanted to show her how sincere I am. If this wasn't the girl who cried last night, I would probably be laughing and making fun of her right now. But she is the girl who broke last night. The girl who needed someone on her side.   
 
 
 
She looked away from me. And that somehow answered my question, she didn't seem to understand that she is in a commitment with me. 
 
 
 
I leaned forward. I wanted to break the wall between us. I wanted to make her feel my presence in her life. 
 
 
 
She was still breathing sharply below me. Tensing. Nervous. Scared. 
 
 
 
But I didn't want her to feel those things. 
 
 
 
"You're my girlfriend." I held her face and gently turned it to face me. I wanted her to see me and I wanted to see her. The real her. 
 
 
 
I was now starting to do what I thought would make her feel that she have me. I was now breaking away from the distance between our faces while still looking at her eyes because I wanted to know if she'll push me away.  
 
 
 
But then she closed her eyes and it somehow made me happy. She was finally realizing that she is Kwon Jiyong's girlfriend.
 
 
 
My lips started to curve into a smile. I just can't help myself but be happy. And with that, I finally reached her lips and claimed it as mine. 
 
 
 
I wanted to tell myself that this is just a dream but when she kissed me back. This is far from a dream. This is reality; we were kissing on the rooftop like we're the only people in the world. 
 
 
 
But then that ended suddenly when we heard the rooftop's door opened. I cursed through our kiss and pulled away. I still wanted to stay on top of her but she was thinking the other way around so she pushed me to the side and wiped her lips. 
 
 
 
We sat up and looked at the intruder; a guy.
 
 
 
He was looking back at us. "Sorry. I didn't know someone's here." Yeah, right. I should've locked that freaking door. And put a 'don't disturb' sign. Fcuk. I still wanted to kiss her. 
 
 
 
"I-it's alright.", Dara stuttered as she said those words. Is she embarassed that someone caught us kissing? Is she embarassed of me, the great Kwon Leadah?
 
 
 
"No. It's not alri-"
 
 
 
She suddenly gasped and stood up. "Oh God! You're hurt!" She went to the guy. He was in fact hurt or so I thought. He has bruised and bloody lips. But for all I know, that might be some tomato sauce or something. 
 
 
 
This school is full of pranks when someone's new. I guess today was the day they'll pull a prank on the new girl. But why now when we're kissing?! Fcuk those pranks!
 
 
 
"Are you alright?", Dara asked as she fished out a handkerchief from her coat and gently placed it on the side of the guy's lip. Fcuk! Why is she caring for some random guy that disturb our make out time?!
 
 
 
"Gotcha!", The guy suddenly said as his accomplices went out from the door and popped some confettis on Dara. "Welcome to ____ University!" So I was right, it was a prank. Fcuk it!
 
 
 
Instead of being pissed, Dara laughed out loud. We all looked at her like she's some crazy girl laughing on her own. What's so funny of being pranked?
 
 
 
Her laughter finally subsided. She smiled at them. "I knew it was a prank! But thanks for welcoming me."
 
 
 
The poor school pranksters, who didn't accomplished pranking the newbie, went out of the rooftop after biding goodbye to us.
 
 
 
Dara went beside me on the table. "You're university is a lot of fun than I thought it would be." I looked at her in disbelief 'coz she's not feeling awkward towards me.
 
 
 
"What?!" She noticed my stares.
 
 
 
I shook my head. "Nothing." Now, I'm the one feeling awkward. Damn! It's supposed to be the other way around, right?
 
 
 
She stood up and got her bag. "Let's go. I still need to find a new place to stay. I don't wanna live on the hotel forever, you know." She turned her back on me and walked out of the rooftop.
 
 
 
I sighed before I stood up and got my things. Then I noticed the paper bag I was holding awhile ago, inside were two hot macchiatos and two croissants for both of us. I sighed once again before I threw the paper bag on the nearby trash bin and followed Dara out of the rooftop.
 
 
 
I wonder when will I ever get to kiss Dara again.
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
It was already night when we found her an apartment just near mine 'coz I insisted it. I just wanted her to be close so it would be easier for me to protect her.
 
 
 
I called some people I know to do the decorating and furnishing job on her apartment. And while we wait, we decided to stop by at a nearby coffee shop.
 
 
 
It was the same franchised coffee shop (but not the same location) where Dara and I first met. I suddenly, remembered how agitated we both are with each other. She was really an irritating girl that had no idea who she's talking to. 
 
 
 
We arrived at the coffee shop (The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf) after a good 15 minutes walk. I opened the glass door and waited until Dara went in before I followed. 
 
 
 
 "Two hot caramel macchiato, Large.", I ordered on the barista at the counter. I felt Dara's gaze on me so I looked at her.
 
 
 
 "You remembered?", Dara asked. I just smiled and mentally answered her, 'Yeah, I remembered.', as I turned to the barista that asked, "Anything to eat, Sir?" 
 
 
 
I looked at Dara. She shook her head.
 
 
 
"No. We're good.", I told the barista. She then smiled at us and said, "That'll be 8 dollars. Name?"
 
 
 
I thought for awhile before I spoke, "SanJi." Dara gave me an amused expression. What's so amusing with combining our name? Or was it lame?
 
 
 
We settled ourselves on the vacant seats near the glass window of the coffee shop. We could see what's going on outside. Cars passing by. People strolling around. 
 
 
 
"Didn't know you still remembered such small detail.", Dara's words entered my ears that made me looked at her. 
 
 
 
I smirked. Of course I remembered that faithful day. Every detail of it is plastered on my head 'coz that was the day I met my so called 'Ms. Smarty Pants'. 
 
 
 
"I'm no child prodigy if I didn't."
 
 
 
 
 
Dara's POV
 
 
 
 
There it goes again. I just rolled my eyes at him and got my phone from my coat. I'm gonna send text messages to my dear best friends who did something that I don't approve about.
 
 
 
 
To: Chaerinnie, Vennie
From: Dara
Subject: You owe me a lot *angry face*
 
Buy me a laptop (I want a macbook pro 15"), chocolates (my favorites), chrome hearts 
sweaters ('coz its getting cold lately) and A CAR (you know what style I want)!!!
 
:) You owe me that much.
 
P.S.
 
I love you! Mwah! See you tonight!
 
 
 
 
I giggled after the messages were sent. I was happy because I'll be having new stuffs later and I love anything that's new.
 
 
 
After we got our coffees, we decided to take it out since I still having packings to do in my hotel room and ofcourse, because I'm excited to recieve the things I told my best friends to buy for me.
 
 
 
"Why were you giggling back there?", Jiyong suddenly spoke.
 
 
 
I smiled. "Oh, it's nothing. I was just excited for the things Chaerin and Dong-Wook brought for me." I took a sip from my coffee. The hot feeling it gives are really refreshing and takes away the coldness you feel from the strong wind.
 
 
 
We're heading to BIGBANG's apartment since Jiyong insisted on giving me a ride to the hotel.
 
 
 
The atmosphere suddenly went awkward and silent. I'm so sure it's about the kiss earlier. I should've banged my head on a hard wall for kissing him back. Yes we did said in the contract that we can kiss but I didn't know it would happen this soon. And I have to say, he's a really great kisser as to what he said before when I first met him.
 
 
 
I didn't noticed I was now walking ahead of Jiyong. I turned around and started walking backwards. I gave Jiyong a smile just to break the ice. "By the way, I forgot to say thanks for letting me stay at your room last night. And say my thanks to your mom and Seunghyun too."
 
 
 
"You should be really thankful. You were such a handful. I slept at a couch for 7 hours. But that night was the longest sleep I ever had in awhile." 
 
 
I felt bothered. He was working so hard for their album and when he finally gets some time to sleep, he sleeps at a couch. I realized how hard it is to be in Jiyong's shoes. He should be in partying at a club with his age but no he's not. He can't because he has a lot of things to do and to be done. That is one reason, I don't want to be famous as an idol, an actress or a socialite. I just can't carry such huge responsibility in my life.  
 
 
 
"Sorry." I'm feeling a bit guilty. Woah, Park Sandara? Feeling guilty? That's new. Just a bit, okay! "I think I'll just call a cab. I don't want to disturb you more than I already have."
 
 
 
"B-" I knew he would object so I beat him to it. "I'm gonna take a cab. No 'but's." And another reason that I wanted to take a cab was because I don't want to be awkward around him and him otherwise. 
 
 
 
I looked at Jiyong's side (I was still walking backwards) and saw a cab coming our way. "There's the cab!" Both of us stopped walking.
 
 
 
For a split second I saw disappointment in Jiyong's expression. And I immediately thought 'Aww. My boyfriend wants to spend more time with me.' but I shook it off my head 'coz maybe he just wants some company while walking to his apartment. 
 
 
 
Then, he started pouting. Like seriously pouting like a kid. 
 
 
 
I chuckled. I could see myself from him when I was in LA pouting infront of my nannies to give me a free day and let me out of the house. He's like the male version of Park Sandara.
 
 
 
I threw myself at him, caughting him off guard, and gave him a bear hug. It didn't take long before he snakes his arms around me and hugged me back. 
 
 
 
We looked like a real couple right now. And it scares the hell out of me that I'm getting closer and closer to him each day. 
 
 
 
He rested his chin at the top of my head while I snuggle on his chest. I could feel him smile from the top of my head and unconsciously I find myself smiling on his chest too. I guess, its a good thing we have height difference so he won't see what I looked.
 
 
 
 I feel like a schoolgirl having the time of her life while hugging her long-time crush.
 
 
 
I removed my right arm from him as I raised it to get the attention of the cab that was just a few feet away from us. And when the cab stopped at our side, I gave Jiyong one last tight hug before I pulled myself out of him. "I gotta go."
 
 
 
He bowed his head in disappointment, still pouting, while I chuckled. I intended to give him a peck on the cheek so I tip-toed as I closed my eyes. But instead of his cheeks, my lips found his own. I didn't retreated since there was no time and so I just gave a sweet peck on his lips. I felt him stiffen from his spot. I pulled away, not daring to have an eye contact with him. 
 
 
 
"I'll just text you when I'm already at the hotel. Sleep tonight, okay? Don't work!", I said, giving him small glances as I went inside the cab. He regained himself after a few seconds. He leveled his head down to keep a glance at me. 
 
 
 
He then looked at the cab driver. "Drive safely, Ahjussi. I'm entrusting my girl on you." The cab driver chuckled and nodded. I felt a little bit embarassed.
 
 
 
He turned his gaze on me. He looked at me with so much care just like in the rooftop. "Good night, Ms. Smarty Pants." He raised his hand up, and gave one wave before the cab sped off.
 
 
 
My lips curving into a smile as I lied my head on the headrest. "Good night, Kwon."
 
 
Right at that very moment, it finally sinked into my head...
 
 
Korea's Most Fashionable Idol and Child Prodigy, Kwon Jiyong, is my boyfriend. And being in a relationship with someone like him is one roller coaster ride but there's no way Park Sandara will quit just because of that reason not unless any of us broke the rules we made.
 
 
 
But for now, I think I'm gonna enjoy myself with what I have.