How She Met Him

No Escape in Love

 

I went out of the restaurant where my parents are. It was really boring in there.
 
 
 
 
By the way, this whole restaurant isn't like a family dinner. It's a business dinner. My parents and some of their co-workers decided to have dinner and talk about business as usual.
 
 
 
 
And I'm not the type of person to just look dumb infront of them since I don't know what they're talking about so I decided to excuse myself and left the boring dinner.
 
 
 
I glanced at my back and saw two of my bodyguards are following me. I ignored them and wandered around. Didn't know Texas can be this beautiful. It's been awhile since I went out of Los Angeles' territory and being out here is like a breath of fresh air. 
 
 
 
I walked at the wide road and looked for something interesting and fun. Well you can't blame me, I'm just 16 years old that wants to have a little fun.
 
 
 
As I was walking continuously, I heard laughters in some kind of a cowboy restaurant. I went inside it and saw three guys playing beirut, also known as Beer Pong, at the corner.
 
 
 
I glanced at the other people eating and drinking inside the restaurant, they looked all happy. And it made me more excited to be in here for awhile.
 
 
 
I glanced at my back and noticed that the bodyguards were now also inside the restaurant working with their earpiece saying, 'She's safe'.
 
 
 
I went to them and ordered, "Wait outside the restaurant."
 
 
 
"But Ms. Park..." They started to object but I cut them off.
 
 
 
"I won't run away. I promise."
 
 
 
They looked at each other for awhile before giving me a final bow before they went out of the restaurant. And as they're now out of sight, I turned my attention back to the three guys playing beirut.
 
 
 
Beirut.... I knew the game since I'm one clever and curious girl. I played the game like a lot of times with my other friends when parents and best friends (Dong Wook and Chaerin) are not around.
 
 
 
And well I'm 16 and at this age, I'm quite legal to do what I want.
 
 
 
"Wow! Beirut game!" I gleefully said and went to the guys that are playing. "Can I join?"
 
 
 
"Can a lady handle it?" One guy with blue eyes asked, provoking me.
 
 
 
I cocked an eyebrow. A little bit insulted that this hot looking guy is belittling me. "Are you
provoking me?" 
 
 
 
"Oooh" The other guys said as if there's something interesting going on in here while looking from me to Mr. Hottie.
 
 
 
"No. Of course not." The hottie with blue eyes shook his head then gave me a wink. "I'm just worried for a lady like you to play with guys like us."
 
 
 
"Try me." I said with full confidence and a perfect smirk. I'm not what they think I am and I'm gonna prove it. 
 
 
 
"How about you guys make a bet?" One guy with red hair suggested and I immediately thought that it was a good idea to make Mr. Hottie see that I'm not just an ordinary girl. 
 
 
 
"Yeah. Good idea." Another guy who's beside Mr. Hottie agreed while squeezing his shoulder.
 
 
 
Mr. Hottie heaved a long sigh before saying, "Fine. Let's make a bet." 
 
 
 
He then paused for awhile and then snapped his fingers as if he got some great ideas. And then he looked at me with such seriousness that makes me wanna laugh so hard. "If you win against me, I'll grant you any wish. Well that's if you really will win which... would never happen. But if I win, a kiss is enough."
 
 
 
One of my eyebrow instantly raised itself after hearing 'kiss'. I shook my head and responded, "Nah. Not gonna happen." 
 
 
 
"We'll see about that." Mr. Hottie with really nice blue eyes smirked then raised his hand at me. "So is it a deal?"
 
 
 
"Deal." I said and reached out for his hand and shook it. I pulled his arm and leaned my head into his ear and whispered, "Never regret what you just said."
 
 
 
"Of course." He whispered back with such a y husky voice. Damn. How can he be such an eye candy. I pulled away and released my hand from his. I saw his lips curving into a smirk. "Texas people are true to their words, Sweetie."
 
 
 
"Then let the game start!" His friends cheered as they prepared what's needed in the table. 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
I laughed as the game ended. And guess what, who won?
 
 
 
M to the E. Yes! ME!
 
 
 
Park Sandara won!!
 
 
 
And there goes my evil laugh, 'MWAHAHHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!'
 
 
 
I gave Mr. Hottie one of my trademark smirk which meant 'Hail the Queen! Hail Park Sandara!' 
 
 
 
His friends are now long gone afraid to be involved with my wish if I win. Which I did. 
 
 
 
"Okay. You won." Mr. H (Hottie) said as he face palm himself. I guess not really believing that a girl beat him. He removed his hands after awhile and looked at me. "What's your wish?"
 
 
 
My wish? I didn't thought about that. What do I need right now? Then it snapped at me of what I need. I looked at him with a sincere expression. "Be my friend for tonight."
 
 
 
He looked at me like I'm some kind of an alien that just landed in a really awesome spaceship. Well I wish I was, since that would be so cool.
 
 
 
After a moment, he finally spoke, "Are you serious? You don't want me to walk outside or make me eat disgusting stuffs?"
 
 
 
I rolled my eyes like duh. "I'm serious." I repeated what my wish is. "Just be my friend for tonight."
 
 
 
"Well. If you say so." He finally believed in me. Thank goodness! He then went closer to me, I
thought he was gonna hug me or something just like what friends do but then he didn't. Instead, he leaned his lips on my ear and whispered with, again, his y husky voice, "But don't you wanna make-out or 'something'?"
 
 
 
But a girl like me can never be tamed with that husky voice of his so I whispered back with much more sensuality in my voice while brushing my lips on his ear, "Don't rub it in, Handsome. Though you're a hottie, I don't need a make-out partner right now... Just a friend."
 
 
 
I pushed him slightly away from me. He looked like he froze on his spot. Maybe getting a ? kekeke~ I'm such a powerful woman, am I? kekeke~
 
 
 
He, then, shook his head as if throwing away some thought inside his head and raised his hands for a hand shake. "The name's Chace."
 
 
 
I smiled and reached out. "Dara." And we both shook our hands. Damn his palms are as smooth as mine. 
 
 
 
We retrieved our hands and he gave me a look of bewilerment as he said, "You're different."
 
 
 
My forehead creased. This better be good. I need a friend not someone who will insult me. "Different? What do you mean? Different good or different bad?"
 
 
 
"Hmm. Both?" "You have this really pretty face but then you have this tough personality."
 
 
 
"If that's a compliment, well thank you."
 
 
 
Then he looked at me sincerely, "That's not a compliment."  
 
 
 
What the...
 
 
 
The next thing I knew was I hit him hard on right arm.
 
 
 
"Ow!" He looked at me then to his poor arm. I guess I hit it too hard. 
 
 
 
"You hit like a man." He added as he massaged his arm. I take my sympathy back about saying 'poor arm'. He deserves it. 
 
 
 
And he deserves more. God! He's not like my friend right now. He's like the annoying brother I never had.
 
 
 
But I didn't know this is where our connection started. I discovered that he's one year older than me so he's a senior. And guess what, we're in the same school. 
 
 
 
And there, we became so much closer that no one can ever tear us apart.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

a/n: Comments! And B.T.W., thanks for reading and commenting!!!