White Flag

No Escape in Love

 

 
 
Back to the University.
 
 
 
 
DARA's POV
 
 
 
 
I'm using my new laptop as a past time while the old professor is teaching stuffs that I really don't care about. Well he can't tell me I can't use my laptop since I have an alibi. I'll just say that I'm using it as my notebook to put some notes on what he's teaching. 
 
 
 
Hehe. I'm really smart.
 
 
 
First I started browsing www.people.com where I get my hollywood scoops. Then, I went to www.instyle.com where I played the fashion game. Presently, I'm Googling on how to say sorry without saying it and not noticing that you're apologizing.
 
 
 
SOLUTION #1: 
 
 
Do something good without his/her knowledge.
  
 
 
 
SOLUTION #2:
 
 
 
Admit your mistakes but don't say sorry.
 
 
 
 
I think I'll go with #1. I'm really not good in talking so I might just do something good behind his back. But what?
 
 
 
 
Gahd! I can't think of anything. What if I just write him a poem? He loves my poems though I think its crappy. Yep, that's right. I'll just make him a poem. 
 
 
 
 
I started typing while glancing occasionally on the professor and the white board so he would think that I'm listening and writing down notes.
 
 
 
 
After awhile, I finished my poem. But I think its kind of a lyrical poem.
 
 
 
 
 
 
"White Flag"
 
 
 
 
Got the smile that brigthens my day
eyes that mesmerizes my being
voice that gives me mixed emotions
You got everything
 
 
And let me say
I need you in my life
I'll do everything just to make you stay
 
 
I kept my feelings
Kept it inside my broken heart
 
 
'Coz I don't wanna worry you
Don't wanna appear weak infront of you
 
 
I felt no air
When you left
Felt drought came
Felt like hell
 
 
Do you feel the same?
 
 
Will you comeback ...
If I tell you, 'I missed you'?
If I tell you, 'you mean a lot to me more than you could ever know'?
If I raise this white flag as a sign of my surrender from the war we have?
 
 
Please
Choi Dong-Wook
Give me an answer
 
I wanna know
 
.
.
.
.
.
.
 
 
 
 
Was it good? crappy? 
 
 
 
I sighed. Let's just hope Dong-Wook will like it. I'll just give this poem if I got the courage to face him. 
 
 
 
Then, I started reading my poem again. Should I edit it to make it more convincable? 
 
 
 
"Ms. Park!" I heard a loud old man yell that irritated me since I'm really concentrating in this damn poem.
 
 
 
I frowned. "What?!" I looked up and saw that the professor looked at me with his unbelievable tone. I'm in trouble. "Oh. S-sorry I didn't mean to shout. You were shouting so I thou-"
 
 
 
"Detention. Now.", The professor cut me off and said through gritted teeth. 
 
 
 
"Ooh. Where?" I sounded excited but when he cocked an eyebrow on me, I changed my tone into a sad one while face palming myself. "I mean. Oh no... Where?..."
 
But deep down inside I'm totally happy like Oh God! Detention! I missed it! I wonder where? Dean's office? Clean the wide track and field? Thank goodness I'll be leaving this boring class at last!
 
 
But its only my first day and he's giving me detention already. Wow, he's generous.
 
 
 
After an hour...
 
 
 
I got detention in the Dean's office. The Dean was a fat-middle-aged guy but he's really nice. He's just like my principal way back in Los Angeles. We had tea and chatted for awhile.  
 
 
 
Ah~ I really love detention. 
 
 
 
 
Night came...
 
 
 
Jiyong was at the front door of my last class when I went out. He was leaning on the wall with such cool attitude or was it just a normal attitude of him?
 
 
 
"Let's go.", He announced as he held my wrist and dragged me to his car. He was smiling mischievously that made me frown.
 
 
 
"What kind of help do you need from me?", I asked him. We were now seated at his car.
 
 
 
He glanced at me. "You'll know later." I didn't asked anymore since I'm sure I won't get any answer. Then, we drove to the YG Building. 
 
 
 
I feel so weird when I saw the Building. My mind is full of questions. Is Dong-Wook in there? What if he ignores me when we came across each other? Gah! This is freaking me out. 
 
 
 
"Hey. Do you plan to stay here?", I heard Jiyong asked. 
 
 
 
I looked at him as Ismiled nervously, "Can I?". He shook his head. o.o --- My expression was literally like this. 
 
 
 
"You're turning into a drama queen. Maybe I should call you Miss Drama Queen Pants." He was now outside, opening the door for me. I grumpily went out of the car and pouted. He's calling me names again.
 
 
 
"Do you want lollipop, baby?" He asked as if I was a kid that's having tantrums or something. I glared at him. This guy is seriously getting on my nerves now.
 
 
 
He chuckled in response before he dragged me inside the building. We went into this recording studio. There were a lot of cool stuffs that I wanted to take home if only I know how to use it.
 
 
 
But why did he bring me here?
 
 
 
"Yah! Why did you bring me here?", I asked. 
 
 
 
He sat on a revolving chair in between two tables and searched through the papers on the table.  "I told you. I need you help. Seat on the couch."
 
 
 
I grumpily obeyed and sat on the couch. I looked at him with my annoyed expression. "Now what?"
 
 
 
He faced the apple desktop in front of him. Then different beats started popping out loud inside the room. It was like an instrumental piece without lyrics. And it was sick. I could feel myself wanting to dance with it but I controlled myself. 
 
 
 
"Nice, isn't it." 
 
 
 
It wasn't as if he's asking, it's more like a statement. He was smiling genuinely while moving his head and hands with the beat. So it made me realize that he created this amazing beats. 
 
 
 
"Yeah." I answered as I found myself moving my head too.
 
 
 
He stopped playing the dope beat that made me frown. Then he turned his seat on me wearing this geniune smile again. "I need your help for the lyrics of this beat."
 
 
 
I frowned more as I ranted, "Me? Why me? I'm not a producer, you know. I can't write lyrics or anything related to music." I really can't do what he's asking me. I can do lyrical poems but not the type to be put into songs. 
 
 
 
"Well you could just tell me anything and then, I'll evaluate it and write it on this paper." He raised the blank paper in front of me. "Please?"
 
 
 
 
I sighed in surrender. "Fine." He did a lot for me these days so I guess this will be my payment for all of it. "What topic is it? Love? Friendship? Nationalis- "
 
 
 
"About you.", He cut me off. 
 
 
 
My eyes widen itself. "What? Why?"
 
 
 
Is he serious? He's making a song about me? Seriously? A song about Park Sandara? But oh well, I can't help my charms spreading on him that he decided to make me a song.
 
 
 
"Yeah. Well, I already wrote one beforhand but then I wanted to know your ideas for this song." He winked at me as if I'm his fangirl. "Here. Take a look at it." 
 
 
 
He gave me another paper with the lyrics he made before. I was about to read it when he went inside the recording room. He placed the earphones on his ears and started singing or rapping the lyrics he made in acapella. I followed  reading while he was rapping / singing.
 
 
 
"A Story To Tell"
 
 
 
Listen up
Have a story to tell to y'all
Here we go
 
 
Got my ego down when I met this girl
A tigress hidden inside her beautiful face
Knows nothing about me
nothing about G-Dragon
 
 
She got me hating on her
Teasing her till she fires back
But got me tongue-tied when she cries
Got G-Dragon turn into Kwon Jiyong 
And swore to guard with my life
 
 
Didn't know I would meet someone like her
 
 
Dara's the name
And she's Kwon Jiyong's girl
 
 
So boys and girls get out of my sight
You don't wanna mess with the Dragon
And taste my wrath
 
 

He got this really nice rapping skills that made me look at him with so much respect as an idol. He's got the charisma and attitude while singing / rapping the lyrics. It was really nice to hear.
 
 
 
That's the story to tell
So keep listenin'
keep your senses workin'
or you'll miss my story tellin'
 
 
 
He stopped and looked at me through the glass. "How was it with lyrics?" He was grinning like madly that I'd never seen before.
 
 
 
 
 "I'm speechless." My jaw dropped. He's amazing. Why didn't I know that he's this great. Oh right. I don't really watch korean shows that much. No wonder he's so popular.
 
 
 
He frowned. "In a good way or in a bad way?" He was still inside the recording room.
 
 
 
"Both?", I answered.
 
 
 
Well let me think... He called me a tigress but I'm a rabbit since that's what everybody tells me so why am I a tigress? But then he wrote that I turned G-Dragon to Kwon Jiyong which meant his real personality shows when I cry. Muwahaha! Is that one of his weaknesses? Then I should cry more often.
 
 
He looked disappointed when I told him that. So to redeem himself I need to hear more of his voice. And since I really like listening him sing /  rap. "Can you sing a ballad or something?"
 
 
 
 
"Yeah. Do you wanna hear?" He said excitedly. "It's a song from a drama."
 
 
 
(I'll Protect You - Kim Jaejoong)
 
 
I can’t look at you even when I have my eyes open
I can’t find your heart which has become cloudy amongst the worn out memories
I can’t do more because I’m tied and cried too much
No matter how much I think, I think I’ll be okay when I see you 
 
 
 
He's a good singer. He's singing it with full of emotions in his voice that it felt like he meant every words. For once, I felt like I know what his eyes meant while he was looking straight at me. And it made me tear up. It was the same eyes Chace had when he's looking at me. Full with care.
 
 
 
I knew I had to let Chace go one of these days and look what's in front of me and treasure it.  I knew I have to be happy. And I knew Chace wanted me to feel that emotion though he's not by my side anymore. 
 
 
 
Maybe God took him away from me to realize that there's someone greater than him to love and care for me. Could it be Jiyong?
 
 
 
I want to protect you… even your bad habits make me smile when I’m tired
Although it may be difficult, I’m-
 
 
 
He stopped singing. "Hey. Are you crying?"  Yeah. I am. But of course I won't admit so I wipped the tears on my face and gave him an annoyed expression. "No. Of course not."
 
 
 
He went out of the recording room. "Wait. I'll get you something to eat. Wait here, okay?" And then he left me inside the studio. Now, I'm all alone. All alone. I'm all alone... 
 
 
 
The door suddenly opened and there came the person I don't wanna come across with, Dong-Wook. "Jiyo-", He stopped as he noticed me. "Why are you here?!" He sounded so surprised.
 
 
 
"Jiyong brought me here... Y-you?", I said while feeling a bit awkward.
 
 
 
He looked around the studio and the recording room. "He told me to go here. Where is he?"
 
 
 
I lied my body on the couch trying to relax myself. "He went out to get me something to eat." I glanced at Dong Wook. "Will that be you?"
 
 
 
"I think..." He's voice was filled with awkwardness. "...I'll just find him." He was about to leave when I stopped him with my arm on his wrist.
 
 
 
"Stay"
 
 
 
He looked at my hand on his wrist then to my eyes. "Why?" I looked around us thinking of an effective speech to make him stay but then I only had one in mind.
 
 
 
"Stay. Because I said so." Yep, that's my bratty self. 
 
 
 
He rolled his eyes on me and was about to leave again when I tightened my hold on his wrist. "Wait. Please stay for awhile. I... I want to give you something." 
 
 
 
I gathered all my courage and let go of his wrist and got the piece of paper on my bag that has the poem that I wrote in my class. I placed it on his palm.
 
 
 
He looked at the paper as if he'd never seen a something like it before. "What is this?"
 
 
 
"Just read it.", I told him. I sat back to the couch feeling shy of what his reaction will be. He sat on the revolving chair where GD sat awhile ago, then, he read my poem silently which made me feel anxious.
 
 
 
"A poem?" He's trying very hard not to smile, I noticed. He looked at me and at last let go of his hesitations and smiled at me. "I missed reading your apology poem." 
 
 
 
"I'm not apologizing... I'm just surrendering." My defensive self said. Until the end, I'm not letting my ego down to the drain. 
 
 
 
He chukled as if I said anything that's funny. "If you say so." 
 
 
 
"So... are we good for real?" I wanted to know if we're okay 'coz I really miss this very protective best friend of mine like crazy.
 
 
 
 
He smirked. "Hug me first." He raised his arms up. I grinned and gave him a hug that felt like I won't ever let him go. I really missed this guy. 
 
 
 
"I missed you, Vennie." I said through our hug. I was buried in his chest while he's chin was rested on top of my head. 
 
 
 
I felt him kiss the top of my head as he caressed my back. "I missed you too, Ssantokki." I grinned more. He's like my big brother, best friend, dad and boyfriend at the same time when he said those simple words. 
 
 
 
Then someone suddenly came inside the door but Dong-Wook and I didn't pullout from our hug. The person who entered the room was Jiyong with a playful smile on his face. "Oh. You've eaten your food already."
 
 
 
I pulled myself away from Dong-Wook and I's hug. "Not yet. This is just my appetizer." I pointed Dong-Wook. And then I went to Jiyong with squinting eyes. "You're my main course later. Such a naughty boyfriend setting me up."
 
 
 
My expression softened as I added, "But thank you. "
 
 
 
"Yeah. Thanks, man. She even made me a poem. Can you believe that?" Dong-Wook showed my crappy poem like he's very proud of it. Gah! That's supposed for his eyes only to see.
 
 
 
Jiyong's jaw dropped. "I made you a song!!! Why didn't you make me a poem too?!! WHHHYYY?????" He was now stomping like a kid with wearing his pout again. But I tried really hard not fall for that trap. 
 
 
 
I decided to defend myself. "I didn't know you wrote me a song awhile ago so why will I write you a poem??!!!"  I'm in my arguing mode again. This guy is really not good for my temper.
 
 
 
He groaned in frustration. "Then write now!!! I want my poem!!!" 
 
 
 
Gahd! Do I need to send my so called BOYFRIEND into a hospital? 
 
 
 
 
But somehow, it made me smile deep down inside that I met someone like him. And got the privilege to see the real him.
 
 
 
 
 
 
DONG-WOOK's POV
 
 
 
"Here's another weird fella." I mumbled to myself with a smile while watching Jiyong act like a spoiled kid while arguing with Dara.
 
 
 
 
I guess, weirdness isn't bad at all. 
 
 
 
 
It makes life more interesting.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

a/n: Comments! :D By the way, the new guy will probably appear on the next chapter. Doo-doong~ ^^