How He Died In Front of Her (2 of 2)

No Escape in Love

 

 
He looked at me and whispered, "Get yourself out of here if things got bad." Then I felt him slowly remove my grasp on his wrist. Every inch my fingers got loosened it was as if I was slowly and painfully getting my heart stabbed. 
 
 
 
He looked at me and whispered, "Get yourself out of here if things got bad." Then I felt him slowly remove my grasp on his wrist. Every inch my fingers got loosened it was as if I was slowly and painfully getting my heart stabbed. 
 
 
 
And when my grasp on his wrist was now gone, tears started forming on my eyes. "Chace, no! Please! No!"
 
 
 
Chace gave the scarred guy one big blow on the face but the guy just smirked as the two other guys held Chace from both sides. 
 
 
 
I closed my eyes not really wanting to see my boyfriend get hurt.
 
 
 
I wanted to help him beat the crap out of those guys but I was too mortified to even took one step forward.
 
 
 
And I was trembling hard, I can't even call for help.
 
 
 
I heard a couple punches and grunts from them. I wasn't that sure if it was from Chace or from the guys.
 
 
 
Tears started falling from my closed eyes. 
 
 
 
I really wish that this is just a nightmare and that I'll wake up soon.
 
 
 
But when I heard Chace's breathless and painful yell, I knew I can't escape this situation. "R-run!"
 
 
 
I remembered what he said awhile ago, 'Get yourself out of here if things got bad.' And he yelled, 'Run' which meant he was in a bad condition.
 
 
 
I opened my eyes.
 
 
 
I had a blurred vision as tears were continuously flowing out of my eyes but I saw one thing that made me stiff to death. 
 
 
 
One guy was pointing a gun on Chace.
 
 
 
I rubbed my eyes to get rid of my tears and held my hands up to them. "No! Please don't shoot!.... I'll... I'll do anything."
 
 
 
I walked cautiously to them. Tears were still blurring my vision but that didn't stopped me from seeing how bad Chace's look was.
 
 
 
One guy released his hold on Chace and immediately half of his body was limply hanging. Chace looked at me through his bloody vision. 
 
 
 
He shook his head telling me not to get any closer and just run. But I sobbingly mouthed, "No. I can't."
 
 
 
I saw him spat blood on the sand and saw him mumble, "I'm sorry."
 
 
 
My tears started to form out more than awhile ago as I saw him mumble 'I'm Sorry' a lot of times. He was full of blood around his face and I can't help my imagination to go wild as to what made him bleed like that. 
 
 
 
And what made me more cry was I was the one who asked him to be with me in here. If just didn't call him this morning, this won't happen to him... to us....
 
 
 
"Aww. Nice offer. But we changed plans." The scarred guy said while dangerously smirking. His gun was still pointed at Chace. "Killing someone and his girlfriend seeing it happen is better than you."
 
 
 
I shook my head wildly while my tears never stopped from trickling down my face. I was now trembling, like hell, in fear. "No! Please. I c-can give you m-money... A-ny a-mount."
 
 
 
The scarred guy chuckled dangerously. "Not gonna change my mind."
 
 
 
The guy who had pierces that loosened his grip on Chace was now on my back and pushed me forward to the guy pointing his gun on my boyfriend. 
 
 
 
I was too focused on Chace that I didn't see or noticed that the pierced guy was now holding both of my arms to my back, preventing me to go to Chace. 
 
 
 
The guy with bald hair was still holding Chace in place. 
 
 
 
I noticed Chace breath started to be gasps. It meant he was now in deep pain right now. I wanted to go to him no matter what might happen to me. I wiggled my arms from the guy holding it but it didn't worked so I kicked him on his foot.
 
 
 
The guy grunted but didn't loosened his hold.
 
 
 
"Say goodbye to your boyfriend." I heard the scarred guy said.
 
 
 
I snapped my head to him with my eyes wide open. "No! Please!"
 
 
 
It was like a slow motion when the bullet got out from the gun. It was like a slow motion when I got myself freed from the guy holding me. It was like a slow motion before I get to Chace and shield him away from the bullet. It was painfully slow to see how the bullet hit Chace's stomach, the same time I went to him.
 
 
 
I heard another gun shot.
 
 
 
Then I suddenly felt deep pain on my arm. I ignored it and focused on Chace's wound. The guy holding him loosed his grip and went to the guy who shot Chace. Chace fell on the sand.
 
 
 
Then there were loud sirens coming near us. The three guys got alarmed and ran out of the scene.
 
 
 
There were still the loud sound of sirens but all for me it was like nothing. All I could hear was Chace's labored breathing. 
 
 
 
I knelt infront of Chace and panickingly touched his wounds. "No..."
 
 
 
His eyes threatened to close. I held his face and placed him on my lap. I was now sobbing hard that some tears fell on his face. "No... Chace... Baby..."
 
 
 
"S-so this i-is the... f-feeling of d-dying...." I heard him said through his harsh breathing.
 
 
 
"Chace! This is not a j-joke!" I yelled at him while still sobbing. "I-I'll call 911... and g-get you to... the hospital."
 
 
 
I leaned my lips on him and gave him a peck. "J-just keep... yourself awake, baby." 
 
 
 
I tore a part of my dress and placed it on his bleeding stomach. Trying to stop the bleeding. If he loses a lot of blood, he'll pass out soon and I don't want that. 
 
 
 
I, myself, started getting cold. But I didn't know why and I still don't care.
 
 
 
"D-dara." I heard him call my name. It was like a whisper but anything that's coming out of his mouth was all that I could hear.
 
 
 
I leaned my ears to his mouth. I started hiccuping from too much crying but I still didn't cared.
 
 
 
"I... Love you." 
 
 
 
I started getting my hopes down that he'll survive. 
 
 
 
I kissed him. 
 
 
 
I kissed him like it was his only way of life. 
 
 
 
I kissed him more than I kissed him before. 
 
 
 
I kissed him while tears fall down my face.
 
 
 
I pulled away.
 
 
 
He started mumbling, "I love you, babe."
 
 
 
Again and again.
 
 
 
"I love you, babe." 
 
 
 
I hugged his head closer to me and sobbingly responded, "I love you, Chace. God... I love you so much."
 
 
 
"I love..." He breathed deeply. I noticed he didn't continued his sentence and I knew what it meant. I knew all too well that he's gone but I tried denying it. 
 
 
 
I looked at him and saw that his eyes were now closed. He wasn't breathing anymore. 
 
 
 
My body started to get cold and I felt like I was freezing to death. 
 
 
 
"No..." I said as flood of tears flowed out of my now sore eyes. 
 
 
 
I kissed him one more time.
 
 
 
And when I pulled away from him, I felt the freezing cold of my body started to get worse. Then my vision started to black out. 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
I woke up as I heard noises coming from somewhere.
 
 
 
I adjusted my eyes and looked around me.
 
 
 
 
I noticed I was in a hospital. And just then I remembered Chace. I sat straight and felt a strange pain on my right arm. I looked at it and saw that it was bandaged but still bleeding. 
 
 
 
I winced in pain as I pulled the IV out of my skin and other stuffs connected on my body.
 
 
 
I didn't care how sore I felt all over my body. I didn't care how my breathing was starting to shorten.
 
 
 
All I care was if the doctors revived Chace.
 
 
 
I walked fastly on the door and opened it. I saw my parents and two police officers. They all looked at me in worry. Then I saw Dong Wook and Chaerin at my parents back looking at me with the same amount of worry as my parents.
 
 
 
I saw them opening their mouths but I didn't hear what they were saying. I ignored them and weakly asked, "W-where's Chace?"
 
 
 
"You should get back to your room, Dear. You're wound is still bleeding so you better rest."
 
 
 
"W-where's Chace?" I repeated what I asked awhile ago. I don't care about my fcuking arm. I don't care if I lose blood. I just wanna see Chace.
 
 
 
"Obey your mother just for now, Sandara." My father said calmly.
 
 
 
My head started to hurt that they're ignoring my questions. "Are you guys deaf?! Where's Chace?! Where is he?! I-I need to get to his room... I need to check on him..."
 
 
 
I was now trembling. I don't know why maybe it was because of my bleeding arm or the fact that I still haven't seen Chace and my parents are ignoring my questions.
 
 
 
"He's gone." I heard my mom said. 
 
 
 
I felt cold all of a sudden. I shook my head widly at them. "No. That c-can't be. This hospital has the greatest doctors in the world. You're just kidding, are you?"
 
 
 
My father sighed, sadness visible in his expression. "He was dead on arrival, Dara."
 
 
"No." I shook my head again as hot tears formed through my sore eyes. It was painful to even shed a tear but what's more painful is 
deep inside my heart that would never heal. 
 
 
 
"Then why am I alive? Why am I still alive?!" 
 
 
 
Why?
 
 
 
Why didn't I lose all my blood from this fcuking arm?
 
 
 
Why can't I just be dead and forget what happened in the beach?
 
 
 
My mother and father got scared of how I was acting. Of how their daughter wants to just die. They didn't answered me and kept silent as they sat at a nearby seats. 
 
 
 
I looked at Dong Wook and Chaerin in my blurred vision; asking for answers.
 
 
 
Dong Wook sighed before he answered, "You had a gun shot on your arms and you lost a lot of blood but the doctors somehow helped you in getting it back." 
 
 
 
My knees started to weaken. 
 
 
 
I felt cold. 
 
 
 
I felt broken. 
 
 
 
I felt useless.
 
 
 
My knees started to weaken and I felt like fainting. But before I could fall on the floor, Dong Wook and Chaerin caught me. 
 
 
 
I started sobbing hard on their arms. My abused eyes were now hurting everytime hot tears form on it but I ignored it. 
 
 
 
I just want to cry hard. 
 
 
 
I just want this pain in my heart to leave. 
 
 
 
Even for a few minutes.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
a/n: Thanks for commenting and leaving those heartful comments.