Ms. Smarty Pants Meets A New Idol

No Escape in Love

 

The next day came; GD was sleeping peacefully in his own lalaland when he heard a couple of thuds from his apartment’s door. He groaned as the noises continuously ruin his dream, a dream from a lovely place with different designer clothes and shoes started having monsters eating all of it.


He shot his eye open as he stood up and grumpily looked at who the freaking hell is ruining his sleep. And when he saw who it was, he sighed in irritation and went back to his bed, completely ignoring the thuds from his door.

“Hyung, open up!”

“Hey Mr. G, wake up!”

It was TOP and Seungri’s voices.


“We’ve got news for you!” Seungri happily shouted as he knocked repeatedly at GD’s door. With that he stood up again and looked at the tiny screen near his door and spoke at it, “What kind of news? Good or bad?”

“Good for us but not too sure if it was the same for you.” TOP’s deep voice was heard.

GD decided to open the door to for himself what the news is all about. The next thing he knew, he was already being dragged to his living room and sat him in a single seat while the two crowded over him as if they were an FBI agent while GD was the suspect.

“Here.“ TOP handed GD the newspaper. The front page has a big picture of GD with a girl whose face is covered with her cap and sunglasses.

“G-Dragon is back again in Seoul with a new girlfriend.” GD boringly read the headline.

“Is this true?” Seungri curiously asked. He was really excited when he first saw the news. It has been years after his hyung’s painful break-up and he knows that he still felt it right now but hearing the news made him happy for their leader.

“A new girlfriend after 3 years, eh? Is she that great for you to be intimate in front of the reporters?” TOP teasingly asked.

GD ignored their questions and just smirked as he intently looked at his picture with his so-called ‘new girlfriend’ (the kiss picture). He could still remember how those lips felt on him.

“What’s with the smirk?” The two guests of his apartment giddily asked while the owner faked a cough and regained his bored expression.

“I just remembered something.” GD responded as he stood up and headed to his kitchen to ignore the two guys’s teasing look.

“What is she like?”

“Pretty?”

“Is she a foreigner?”

“Where did you guys met?”

TOP and Seungri asked with an obvious smile on their faces. Their like nosy mothers asking who the lucky girl that made their baby boy fall in love.

“And-..” Seungri was about to ask again when GD stopped him. “Stop it already.”

“One, she’s a really pretty girl. Two, she’s a Korean. Lastly, we met in the airport.” GD explained as he got really irritated with their questions and he still wants to sleep. His night wasn’t that nice and he only slept like 5am and now its 6am.

“Airpo-…” The two started but GD got the hint and cut them off, “She’s not my girlfriend. Believe me, she’s a pain in the eardrums and in the ego.”

“Wh-…”

GD drank a glass of water and headed to his room. “Off to bed. See you guys later.”

 

 


 

 

Beautiful scenery added with fresh air speaks perfection.

Dara inhaled the fresh air from Han River. It was a perfect view for her. Seoul is really a beautiful place to be in. The rich culture, the delicious delicacies, the people’s fashion sense and the awesome tourists’ spots would make you want to never leave this country.

‘If I could really just stay here for a long time…’ Dara thought as sadness entered her system.

Dara knew that her stay in here won’t be that long as her parent’s have a lot of connections to track her down. She knew that this escape plan would be a failure especially that her photos are not everywhere.

Her thoughts suddenly got interrupted by a screeching sound and a thud. And when she looked at her back, she saw a hooded guy, with sunglasses slipping off of his nose, lying on the ground.

“Omo!” She clapped her hands into in surprise.  After a few seconds, she regained her composure and helped the guy to stand up. 

“Are you alright?” She worriedly asked. “You should be careful biking in here. The grounds are slippery.”

“Yeah…Just some scratches and bruises…but I’m fine.” The guy responded as he fixed his sunglasses immediately. And when he was about to straighten his footing, he felt a stinging pain from it and made him groan.

“You’ve got yourself a sprain. Let’s sit over there so I could help you with that.” Dara said as she got the guy’s arm and placed in on her shoulder.  And as she finally let him sit at the nearby bench, Dara got on her knees and gently placed his injured foot on her lap.

She fished out her first aid kit from her backpack and started treating the guy’s sprained ankle. And when she’s done, she sat next to the guy and inspected him for any injuries. She looks like a nurse right now. She was silently thanking her nanny's for teaching her about this little nurse stuffs.

“I’ll take your broken sunglasses off of your face, neh? Its dangerous, the sharp broken piece of it might damage your skin or worst your eyes.” Dara said as she held the sides of the guy’s sunglasses.

“No, it’s alr-…” The guy tried to stop her but it was too late, the sunglasses were already down to his chin and later, off of his face.

“There. It would be a waste to have a scar on this beautiful face.” Dara said as she wrapped the broken sunglasses with her extra scarf and handed it to the guy.

The guy caressed the cloth with his thumb as he shyly spoke, “Thanks, Miss…?”

“Tell me your name first before I tell you mine.” Dara smartly responded with a smile. She really should be careful in telling her names to other people. They might be spies or people sent by her parents to get her to LA.

The guy looked from side to side, trying to see if people were to close to see his face. Then, he turned to girl beside him. “Don’t you know who I am?”

Dara copied his actions awhile ago then looked at the hooded guy, “Should I?”

The guy’s brows furrowed in confusion but later, then, smiled. “That’s weird…  Anyway, I’m Nichkhun.”

“Hmm... Nichkhun. Nice and unique name.” Dara said with a sincere smile.

“Well, that’s because I’m Thai.” Nichkhun smilingly said as he leaned his back on the bench and looked ahead of them, the Han River.

“Really? You look Korean to me though.” Dara was still facing Nichkhun, inspecting his beautiful face. It was like hypnotizing. A face that people won’t get tired of seeing every emotion it makes.

“I get that a lot.” Nichkhun turned his head to the Dara. The girl was caught of guard to even retreat her gaze.“I’m Dara, by the way.”

“Lovely name.” Nichkhun never left Dara’s gaze when he said those words.  Lovely scenery.

“Thanks.” Dara spoke  bowed her head. She started feeling herself blushing as the guy beside him looked at her with a smile.

“You’re welcome, Milady.” Nichkhun spoke in English forgetting that he was talking to a Korean girl.

Dara snapped her head the moment Nichkhun started speaking in English then later smiled at him. She, too, started speaking the language. “A Thai speaking in Korean and English… Interesting.”

And the English conversation starts now…

“Well that’s because I grew up in Cali.” Hearing the word Cali made Dara’s expression turn more happier. Unknown to the girl, Nichkhun felt something inside him when he saw Dara’s excited expression. It was like a work of art. He never knew that such face can be this magical to other people.

“Seriously? Omo! We’re the same. Where in Cali?” Dara, giddily asked. It’s such a nice feeling that you knew someone from the same country. For a moment, it felt like she was in Cali right now.

He chuckled before he responded, “Rancho Cucamonga.”

“Hmm… Not too far. I’m from LA.” Dara said as she got his one hand and shook them. Wow! Nice hands.

He chuckled once again at the girls’ enthusiasm. “So how did you get in here?”

“It’s a long story and I’m too lazy to tell you. Let’s just say that I am here for a long vacation.” Dara told him. She really doesn’t want to talk anything about it. It was an uncomfortable topic for her. “You?”

“Well, I’m a part of a boy group in here.” Nichkhun answered with a sad expression. “And now I realized, thanks to you, that I’m not that popular after all.”

“Oh, it’s not like that. I just don’t want Korean shows in LA, that’s it. But now that I’m here, maybe, you can show me around on whom I should know.” Dara explained herself. Seeing the guy’s sad face made her bothered. “I don’t want to break idol’s heart when I told them that I had no idea who they were.”

Nichkhun immediately smiled hearing that he’ll meet her again. “Sure deal.” Then, he noticed that time passed by really fast. He groaned in disappointment. “Urgh! I need to go. I still have recordings and practices to do. I wish I could just stay here with you.”

Dara nearly laughed her off at the guy’s lazy attitude to go back to his busy career. “I guess that’s the life of a Korean idol.“

Nichkhun pouted his lips. Such a cute attitude… He’s just like the guy version of me.

“Right.  I do hope this would not be our last meeting.” He sighed as he carefully stood up.  Dara did the same to help him.

“Yeah. I do too.” Dara pouted. Her expression speaks disappointment.  “Anyway, it’s a pleasure to meet a guy like you.”

“Pleasure’s mine, Milady.” Nichkhun bowed down like giving courtesy to a Queen. Dara giggled at his cute actions.

“Are you sure, you could stand or ride your bike now?” Dara worriedly asked as Nichkhun was now getting his bike.

“Definitely. Thanks to the nice girl right here.” He gave her his famous smile while the latter chuckled.

“Okay. Be careful, Mr. Thai Prince.” Dara reminded him. The guy chuckled at how Dara called him. It was a common name for him by all the people in here but hearing it from her makes it more special.

“I will, Milady.” Nichkhun slightly bowed his head and left. He left Dara with a smile on her face. A smile not all people had the privilege to see. Not even her parents.

 

 


 

 

GD’s POV

 

 

What a lucky day to see Miss Smarty Pants here in Han River.

It took me a few minutes before I decided to jog with my members. They were pestering me to jog and gain some abs but being a guy idol doesn’t mean you should have a six pack abs or a nice built biceps its all about the talent and your charisma on stage.

But now that I’m here, I think I’ll enjoy jogging with my members.

“Oh! She looks like the girl from the newspaper, is she?” Seungri was first who noticed her. He got really his eyes on her, eh? Such a bad decision. Tsk tsk.

“Yup, that’s definitely her.” I answered while still looking at the petite girl waving at a certain hooded guy. I bet that guy received Ms. Smarty Pants’ cold treatment and she was just teasing the guy as she waved at him.

“I wanna see her face!” Seungri started whining like a baby and was about to go to Ms. Smarty Pants’ direction when I held his collar from his back. “Stop. Let her be.”

“I know we’ll meet again but not now. I could feel it.” I reasoned out and I’m sure of what I said. “Let’s just observe her for now.”

“Who’s the guy that left? Is he her boyfriend?” TOP curiously asked.

“That’s impossible. If he was her boyfriend then he should’ve not left her in there.” I told him. And if ever that guy was her boyfriend, I pity him.  

“Omo! She’s leaving. What a waste! I still wanna see her face personally.” Seungri started throwing tantrums (stomping his feet on the ground). Poor maknae, do you think he needs an eye surgery?

“We’ll see her again. That’s for sure.” I smirked as I looked at her retreating back.

We’ll meet again, Ms. Smarty Pants.

 

 


 

 

DARA’s POV

 

 

It has been hours since I left Han River and now I’m with a very bad mood that you could clearly see the black aura surrounding me.

Okay, I seriously am not a map person. This whole direction thing . Now, I don’t know where the hell I am. My feet are sore after walking and wandering around this big city. GAAH!! I need a tourist guide or something.

God, now I’m missing my easy life in LA. Nanny’s holding my shopping bags.  Driver’s driving me around, wherever I want.

I miss them so much. <*insert a very pitiful expression*>

I pouted my lips as I sat on a nearby bus stop. Then a white bentley stopped in front of me. Omo! What if the driver of this car is my cousin or my driver or something?

Should I run for my life? But I’m hella tired to even stand properly.

The bentley’s window slid down revealing a unknown person on it.

“Hop in. I’ll drive you to your destination.”

I ignored the guy. He must be a ert thinking that I’m an easy girl that would ride to whoever car stops in front of me.

I got my newly bought phone and started using the GPS to locate where the hotel I stay in was.

“Miss Smarty Pants, come on! Don’t be stubborn; you looked tired already so hop on!”

I placed my phone on my lap and looked unbelievably at the guy on the Bentley.“Mr. Famous?”

“Yes, the one and only. Now come on before I change my mind.” Mr. Famous cockily said.

“Urgh! I’m really having a bad luck today.” I mumbled to myself but enough to purposely make Mr. Famous here it. I stood up and forced myself to walk.

I heard his car went beside me. “Ya! Ms. Smarty Pants!!! Come o-…”

Dara stopped walking and snapped her head to her side and glared at driver of the white Bentley. “Stop yelling, okay! Your zits are contagious; I don’t want my face to be like that. Who knows what will happen to my face after I sat on your car. Now, shut the HELL UP!!”

I made a run but I still heard his words. “Hah! That brat!!”

I went back at him with my irritated look, “I have a name, you jerk!”

“Tell me, Ms. Smarty Pants. I would be glad to know.” The jerk said with a smirk. God, not that smirk again…

“It’s Dara. Not smarty pants. Not brat. Not anything!!!” I answered and started walking, angrily.

“Dara, eh?” I heard him talking to himself as he followed me. Me walking while him, driving his car beside me. “Ya! Won’t you get tired wakling? Its easier to just ride here and get you to wherever you want to go.”

“I don’t mind walking so stop following me!” I yelled. This guy is really irritating. If I could just stitch his mouth then that would be heaven for me. Hearing his voice, calling me names, and seeing his presence makes my blood boil.

“If you don’t want to ride here, then I’ll just drive beside you until I can assure that you’re safe.” I heard him said. It was kind of sweet to hear someone saw those words. But with a person like Mr. Famous say those things, it creeps me out.

“Whatever. Don’t play sweet talk with me. It won’t work.”

He, indeed, accompanied me to my hotel. Good thing it was just a few blocks away from the bus stop or else I might really hop inside his car.

 


 

GD went back to YGE Building after he accompanied Dara to her hotel. He received a call from his manager that YG wants to meet him, immediately.

It took him a couple of minutes before he arrived at the said building.

 

 


 

 

“You know me Jiyong, I don’t really meddle with your personal relationships but don’t you think that this new girlfriend scandal wouldn’t do anything good in your career.” Yang Hyun-Seok said as he went back and forth inside his office while GD was seated near his table.

“I know I would have a really hard time working with my commitment with this girl and with this company. But please trust me, that’s all I need to work all of this out.” GD looked at YG’s eyes. A sign of seriousness.

“I always do, Jiyong.” YG sat on her seat.

“Tomorrow, there’ll be a couple of trusted reporters that would interview you about it.” YG told him with a serious expression. “Be ready.”

GD smiled knowing that he’s being trusted. “Got it, Hyung.” He stood up and gave the CEO a 90 degrees bow. He was about walk out when YG spoke, “And Jiyong…”

GD looked at YG with a smile. “Hmm?”

“I’m happy for you.” YG sincerely said with a smile. It has been years since he saw that kind of smile. GD always smiles but not the same as now. It seems different but in a good way.

 

 


 

 

Meanwhile at JYP’s recording room, Nichkhun was spacing out while his other members were busily helping the producer making some beats for their new song.

“Dara…Dara…Dara…” He mumbled to himself as he closed his eyes. Her pretty face entered his mind that made him smile. Uknown to him, his best friend, Wooyoung sat beside him on the couch and intently looked at him and curiously asked, “What Dara? Is that a girl’s name?”

Nichkhun shot his eyes open and looked at Wooyoung. Uh-Oh. He’s gonna start the playboy issue again.

“You’re such a playboy.” Wooyoung threw a playful punch on Nichkhun’s arm and when he was about to retreat his arm, Mr. Thai held it. He pulled it his arm and started strangling Wooyoung. “Look who’s talking. How’s you and IU?”

“Don’t change the…urgh.. topic, will ya?” Wooyoung tried hard to get away from Nichkhun’s strong arm. “IU…urgh… and I are just friends.”

“If you say so.” Nichkhun released his poor best friend. Wooyoung started coughing when Nichkhun asked,  “What do you think if you heard a girl named, Dara?”

“<*cough cough*> A pretty girl but has a strong personality. Why did you asked?” Wooyoung said as massaged his neck. Khun is such a good wrestler.

“Same thought.” Nichkhun chuckled and laid his back on the couch. “No doubt, we’re really best friends.”

“So who is she?” Wooyoung asked.

“A girl I met.” Nichkhun smiled whole-heartedly. A girl I met that made a huge effect on me.

“Playboy! Next time we guest in Strong Heart my topic would be ‘How the Thai Prince acts like a Playboy’” Wooyoung crossed his arms on his chest and nodded continuously.

“Then mine would be ‘How Mr. Baby Face was jealous that I have a lot of girl phone numbers than him.’” Nichkhun fought back and copied Wooyoung’s actions.

Wooyoung glared at Nichkhun. “You want a wrestling fight?”

“Sure I do if that would make you realize something.” Nichkhun smirked and accepted Wooyoung’s offer.

“Mr. Baby Face vs Mr. Thai Prince. FIIGHHT!!!” Both chorused and started wrestling with each other.

“This would be fun to watch after a tiring recording.” Chansung said as the other members watched how Wooyoung and Nichkhun childishly fought.

 

 


 

 

GD went out of the YG’s Hyung’s office and went straight to the recording studio. He met his co-members in there (TOP and Seungri only).  He told them what YG and him talked about.

“So hyung, the misunderstanding relationship would be for real now?” Seungri asked with his brow connecting with each other. He’s quite confused on how things will work out.

“Don’t you think she’ll turn that down? As what you’ve said. She’s not an easy girl.” TOP added.

“I’ll think of a plan for her to agree with it.” GD coolly said as he sat on the producer’s seat. “And besides, I know where she lives so it’ll be easy for me to meet her and make her agree with my plan.”

 


 

 


 

 

 

Dara was watching US news shows when she felt something weird inside her.

“Why do I feel like I should transfer into another hotel?” She asked to herself. Then remembered that GD new where she was staying in. “Oh, right! ‘Coz Mr. Popular already knows where I stay in.”

She stood up and started getting her clothes out of her closet and placed it on her luggage. And when she’s done, she headed to her door. She opened it and she saw someone standing in front of her.

“We need to talk.” That someone finally said and dragged her back to the room. 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A late update, neh? Mianhe... <*gives you a 90 degree bow*>

Bear with me for awhile. neh? I'm quite busy with my enrollment right now so yep...

Do you guys wonder who was the person that dragged Dara back to her room?

The answer would be in the next chapter so look forward to it, neh? 

<*wink wink*>