The Beginning

No Escape in Love

 

 

DARA’s POV

 

 

We were almost at the YG Building when his phone suddenly rang from his pocket jeans. He fished them out and answered it, speaking the language I was very familiar with.  “Yeah. Alright. Okay. I’ll talk to you soon. Bye.”

 

I didn’t ask who called since it was none of my business so I stayed there, looking from the window. It was unexpectedly snowing at the very moment. I cursed remembering my clothes aren’t that fit for winter right now.

 

I briefly glanced to my right. Jong Hun looked troubled while staring at his phone. “Problem?” I asked, maybe it was because of the one he talked to.

 

His head snapped at me. “No.” His voice was unusually unsteady.

 

I didn’t push it further. Maybe it was a family thing. As I glanced back to the window, I noticed we were already at the desired location.

 

I wandered some money on my bag and gave it to the driver. “Drive him to wherever he wants.” I was about to open the door when Jong Hun held my wrist in a tight hold.

 

“You shouldn’t have paid for it.” He simply said.

 

I crooked a smile. “It’s the least thing I can do for crashing your car.” He smiled but it never reached his eyes. “Can I borrow your phone?”

 

“Uh… sure.” I took it out from my bag and gave it to him.

 

He started typing on my phone before handing my phone back. “There. I saved my number in case of emergency.” He slightly smiled.

 

 I awkwardly smiled back. Then, I decided to get out of the cab before it gets more awkward. I gave one last wave before I headed to the building.

 

I got my phone from my bag and texted Dong-Wook and Chaerin. They’re the first persons that I need to talk to about the guys I just met by accident. The ones who can truly relate.

 

I’m here outside. We need to talk. ASAP.

-          D

 

I sighed deeply.‘Was Korea not safe for me anymore?’ That question continuously bugged me the entire time after what Jong Hun told to not go public.

 

Remembering the guys a while ago made me remember every detail that happened in the past. Gahd, how I wish to have a gun right at the moment and shoot them in the head. If Jong Hun wasn’t there with me, I’d probably be facing them and not running away. I decided to run because I don’t want anyone getting their selves killed because of me. I’d rather die than witness something like that again.

 

‘Was it time to go back home?’ I was starting to really like the country, the people and I don’t know if I could really leave. I don’t even know if I can face my parents for being gone without notice in LA.    

 

“Dara, what happened?” Chaerin’s voice entered my thoughts that made me blink into reality and face their worried expressions. Dong-Wook and Chaerin went in front of me.

 

“Inside.” I told her. They nodded at once.  The urgency in my voice told them to do so.

 

We ended up in the cafeteria where only a few YG staff was eating at. Dong-Wook and Chaerin sat across me.

 

“Speak.” They said as we were now settled on our seats.

 

“This morning. I’ve seen the guys that shot Chace and I. They also saw me.” I told them almost a whisper. The word ‘shot’ made me cringed.

 

They look stunned for a moment. “Are you sure about that, Dara? They might just be look-likes or something.” It was Dong-Wook that first reacted.

 

“I know what I saw, Ven. Those faces, tattoos and piercings…” My voice trailed as I shivered thinking about the guys I’ve seen. If they’re smart, they probably know who I am by now.

 

“Are you implying that they’re following or finding you?” Chaerin asked, her forehead creasing in a knot.

 

“I don’t know. It can’t be just coincidence, Chae. The world is too big for us to meet.” I told her. It can’t possibly be coincidence. I could feel up on my skin, those guys are up to no good.

 

“So what’s the plan?” Dong-Wook asked while Chaerin remained silent waiting for my response.

 

“I need to pack and leave.” I told them the only solution in my mind. If I could fly back to LA this instance they wouldn’t know.

 

“Who’s leaving?”

 

My eyes snapped to my back where a curious Kwon Jiyong was standing. He sat beside me and asked again, now with a serious tone, “Who’s leaving?”

 

I sighed before answering, “I am.”

 

“But Dara you don’t have to rush things. Maybe you just need to be in a much safer place…with us.” Chaerin said, her voice had a hint of irritation of how I think things.

“The only thing safe for me to do is leave. I don’t wanna jeopardize your careers because of me. Don’t worry, I can leave by myself. I already did it before and it won’t be any hard now.” I said looking at both of my friends.

 

“Can anyone explain why she’s leaving?” The forgotten guy beside me asked.

 

“She’d seen the guys that shot her and Chace and vice versa.” Dong-Wook said, his face twitched when he mentioned the word ‘shot’ just like me a while ago.

 

“And she’s thinking those guys are here for her so her solution is to leave the country immediately.” Chaerin shook her head, in disagreement with my solution.

 

“Can I talk with you for a second?” It wasn’t really like Jiyong was asking me permission because he just held my wrist and dragged me out of the cafeteria without waiting for my answer.

 

We ended up in the hallway, few meters away from the cafeteria.

 

“Are you seriously leaving?” Jiyong’s jaw tensed as he asked. His eyes prying mine for answers.

 

I had to avoid his gaze for some reason. “I don’t have a choice.” I told him, my face looking back at the cafeteria. Pretending I was looking at my two best friends.

 

I felt him held my wrist tightly that made me look at him. “You have a lot of choices, Dara.” He said.

 

I faked a laugh. “Like what? Stay and put your lives in danger?”

 

“Don’t underestimate YG’s security services.” His features trying hard not to show that he’s getting angry but his eyes showed it all.

 

“Jiyong, it’s not some antis or crazy fans you’re trying to protect me from and it’s definitely not just the guys that shot me before.” My voice was firm as I tried not to shout or cause a scene.

I had a thought that what if those guys were working now for the CIA’s enemies because they know me?

 

“Then tell me so I would know who I’ll be dealing with.” Jiyong’s softly said, his thumb caressing the skin of my wrist.

 

I gently took his hand away from my wrist. “I think I regret this whole girlfriend-boyfriend contract thing we had. You’ve been involved with me too much, Ji. This is the farthest you can go.”

 

“Da-”

 

My phone suddenly started ringing from my pocket. I took it out and looked at the LCD screen, it was Jong Hun. I knew Jiyong saw it too as he clenched his hand into fist. His knuckles started whitening.

 

“Excuse me.” I said, to be respectful and distanced myself from Jiyong.

 

I held the phone to my ear. “Hey.”

 

“I just saw the guys again coming out from the apartment building. They looked pissed.”

 

“W-what?!” I yelled in disbelief and then realized my action after a second. I cleared my throat before whispering, “D-did they saw you?”

 

I didn’t know they were so fast. So I was right all along, they’re here to find me.

 

“No, I was hiding so they didn’t notice me. I’m at your door right now. It’s unlocked. ” He said and then I heard cricking sound. “Sh*t! Your apartment’s a wreck, Dara.”

 

I fell silent, dumbfounded.

 

I recalled my memory if I left something that would lead me to places I could be. I only have clothes, toiletries, accessories, shoes, heels, and books in there.

 

I thought of my bag that I left back at the cafeteria with Chaerin and Dong-Wook. My contract with Jiyong is in my bag as well as my phone, wallet and other personal stuffs.

 

I sighed in relief.

 

“Are you still there, Dara?” I heard Jong Hun asked from the other line.

 

I gripped on my phone before answering him. “Yeah. Thanks for telling me. I won’t be back in the apartment if it really was a wreck.”

 

“Okay then. I’ll call you in case I see them again.”

 

I smiled. “Thank you.”

 

I heard him smile before he awkwardly said, “Ok, bye.” And then he hung up the call.

 

I hid my phone back to my pocket and looked to my left, to have a glance at Jiyong. He wasn’t looking at me when he smiled bitterly and said, “So are you two friends now? Can he protect you more than I do?”

 

“Jiyong, it’s not l-.”  I started but he cut me off.

 

He smiled bitterly once again, this time looking at me. “You know what? Fine. Leave. I don’t give a damn. Our contract’s over.” He said and just like that, he left.

 

I went back to the cafeteria with a frustrated expression.

 

“Where’s Jiyong?” Chaerin asked looking at where Jiyong and I talked.

 

“He left.” I said as I sat on the long wooden chair. I cleared my mind before telling the news about my apartment. “Jong Hun called. He saw the guys outside my apartment building and then checked my apartment. It was a wreck.”

 

“Oh god, Dara.” Chaerin gasped while Dong-Wook didn’t speak and lost with his thoughts. Both realizing what I said a while ago was true, that the guys were here for me.

 

“Stay here even just for tonight and let’s think your decision over.” Dong-Wook adviced. “I’ll talk to YG-hyung about your stay so don’t worry about anything.”

 

Then I remembered my car is still at the apartment. “I need to get my car, I’ll be back as fast as I can.” I was about to stand up when Dong-Wook held my wrist. His features crumpling in irritation and anger. 

 

“No, Dara. I’ll ask someone to get it. Give me the key.” He looked like my Dad in that very moment. I smiled and got the keys from my bag and handed it to Dong-Wook.

 

Dong-Wook’s forehead creased as he glared at me. “Stop smiling at me like that as if you’re not scared for your life.”

 

I put my two index fingers on the corner of my face and curved my lips downwards. He snickered at me before he stood up and left.

 

“So why did Jiyong leave? You two fought?” Chaerin asked.

 

“Kind of. I just told him that he can’t be involved with me anymore and he said ‘fine’ and he doesn’t give a damn if I leave.” I told her. She shook her head at me.

 

I eyed her. “What?”

 

She shrugged her shoulders. “Nothing. You really just don’t know guys that much.”

 

“What?”

 

“Forget that I said anything.” Chaerin said, not wanting to repeat or explain what she just said. “Wanna eat? They have chocolate-flavoured ice cream cake in here.”

 

Instantly, I forgot about what she said a while ago. “Really? Sure!”

 

 

 


 

 

JIYONG’s POV

 

 

I went to the recording studio where I usually get relaxed. Just like home. I sat on the arm rest of the couch and let my body fall backwards.

 

I held the side of my temples, massaging it.

 

Dammit, why can’t she just tell me whose she’s dealing with?! It’s not like some terrorist are after her.

 

Top suddenly came in. “Hey, I’ve been looking for you. Kiko’s at the lobby.”

 

I sat up straight in a flash. “What?!”

 

“Do I have to repeat myself? Get your out and face her and then get her out of this building, seeing that girl just makes me remember how bad your condition was before.” Top said, annoyed and then left the studio.

 

I face palmed myself and cursed my damn life for being so complicated and difficult.

 

Without hesitation, I stood up and went to the lobby. Better get this over with. Whatever it is.

 

As I was walking to the lobby, I saw her, seating at the black couch. She has her hair long now. She looked different from the girl I had a relationship years ago.

 

It kind of surprised me that I wasn’t angry. I was just not feeling anything towards her anymore. I remembered the months I locked myself at my apartment. It was a good thing that BIGBANG was on vocation as a group. Taeyang was on solo though.

 

After witnessing and bearing with my up situation, YG-hyung gave me tickets to LA, to wind up and forget. And so I did, thinking I was burdening my YG family in staying in Korea.

 

The sun and people had me forgetting of my relationship with her and then after months, I was well and happy. Thinking it was time to go back to Korea, I took a flight back home. And there, I met Dara.

 

Suddenly, I remembered my question, ‘Who’s leaving?’ and then her answer, ‘Me.’

 

Dammit!

 

“Jiyong?” I heard Kiko’s voice. I blinked my eyes, blinking away my thoughts of Dara.

 

“Hey.” I casually greeted her. “What brought you here?”

 

She was taken aback with how I talked to her. “I…Uh…Can we talk in private? Even just for a few minutes?”

 

I looked at my wrist watch. I still got 15 minutes left before the scheduled dance practice. “Okay. I got 15 minutes.” The 5 minutes left is for me to get to the building. “Let’s talk to the rooftop since I can’t really go outside the building.”

 

“Oh, yeah. I understand.” She said quietly. I turned my back and started heading to the elevator. She just followed quietly from my back.

 

I pressed the up button. The elevator door opened, I went inside. Waiting for Kiko to enter, I pressed the open button. As she was now inside, I closed the elevator door.

 

We went up in silence. Her, awkwardly standing at the corner and me, nonchalantly standing near the control buttons.

 

And that whole time, Dara was the only girl that was occupying my mind and maybe, just maybe, my heart too.

 

 



 

 

 

a/n: omg, I updated. lol! So here ya go! Give me some love and support through your comments! (: