The Beginning (Part 2)

No Escape in Love

 

 

 

JIYONG’s POV

 

 

“So?” I asked her, Kiko I mean. We were now at the rooftop. It’s been awhile since I’ve been here. It was a good thing that the sun light wasn’t so bright at the moment. I was facing the buildings head, hands on my pockets while Kiko was somewhere at my back.

 

“I just…just wanna apologize on how things ended between us. We’ve never seen each other since then and-.” She started saying but I had to cut her off before she could say anything more.

 

“I’m sorry if I may sound rude to you but it’s all in the past. I forgot about it by now.” I said, turning around to look at her. She was just like a mere acquaintance on my vision, nothing special. 

 

She sighed and then smiled. “Was it because of someone that made you forget?”

 

“What?” I asked, not too sure what she meant.

 

“Your girlfriend.” She simply answered, still smiling.

 

Expression of recognition flashed on my face. “Oh! So you’ve seen the news?” It wasn’t much a surprise that she’d seen it since the news about his relationship was all over the television, Korea and Japan.

 

“Of course, I’ve seen it. I just came by to see it for myself, to see…if she’s worth it for you more than I do.” She said with a light laugh.

 

“Well I can’t really say she’s worth it for me.” I joked with a laugh. “She’s a really…uhm…thick-skinned girl, not literally. She decides on her own. One minute she’s all kind and sweet the next, she’s saying something that makes me agitated. She hangs out with guys without thinking of what I might feel. And…-” I stopped when I noticed she was looking at me knowingly.

 

I scratched the back of my head as I asked, “Oh, sorry. Was I babbling?”

 

She slightly covered as she chuckled, “Yeah but do continue. It’s alright.”

 

With that said, I won’t continue of course. It’s like saying, ‘yeah I heard you farted but continue it’s alright.’

 

I didn’t dare continue and just changed the subject. Any subject will do. “So are you going back to Japan today?”

 

She chuckled, her eyes flew to the side and then back to me. “You sounded like you can’t wait for me to go.”

 

“Sorry. I didn’t mean it that way.”  I really didn’t mean it to offend her. It was just the only question I had so we could change the subject.

 

“But yeah, I’ll fly to Japan today. I’ve had my vacation and right now it’s time for work. Well anyway, how’s BIGBANG?” She looked at me with interest.

 

I turned my back at her and looked at the nice landscape ahead of me. “Just a few more days and we’ll be back on the scene.”

 

“So how’s your girlfriend dealing with your popularity? Was she ever been jealous, you know how close you are with your fangirls?” She suddenly asked.

 

I briefly glanced at her as I laughed. “She doesn’t give a damn. She’s not the type to get jealous.”

 

“So she trusts you then?” I felt her presence beside me. I looked to my side and saw her admiring the view of the buildings and the sun.

 

I faked a smile. “Not too sure about that. Sometimes she hides things from me so I can’t really tell if she trusts me.” I told her as I remember that Dara didn’t tell me who are the people she’s trying to escape from and why does it seem like it’s too dangerous for me to get involve to.

 

“Some things are better kept, you know, and maybe it was for your own good.”

 

I glanced at my wrist watch to check the time, 15 minutes already passed. “Sorry, I gotta go. Hyung’s gonna flip if I’m late for the practice.”

 

“Sure, I understand. He still doesn’t change, huh?”

 

“He’s much nicer now except when it’s about work.”

 

We headed back to the elevator. I pressed the ground floor and the 4th floor where the dance studio is.

 

Just as we’re at the 5th floor, where the cafeteria was, the elevator suddenly opened, it was Dara with Top, laughing and goofing around. ing Top had to kiss her hair, almost near her temple, and the latter just slapped his arm playfully. What the hell! I scrunched my nose and glared at them. They didn’t even realize that the elevator door was open. But before they noticed it, I quickly pressed the close button.

 

I shut my eyes tight, clenched my fist just the same and mentally cursed Top. Why the hell was she with Top? Isn’t she with Dong-Wook hyung and CL? ! Top’s gonna get a piece of me later!

 

“Was that her?” I heard Kiko asked.

 

I didn’t respond. Not really in the mood to talk.

 

“I’ll take that as a yes.” I heard her smiled from my side. I ignored her and kept my thoughts within me. I’m not the type of guy that shares my personal problems, YG hyung was an exception to that though.

 

Then the ‘ting’ sound of the elevator door as it opened was heard. “I… I gotta go. Have a safe flight.”

 

“Thanks, Jiyong. I hope you’d resolve whatever it is with your girlfriend. And don’t make it end up like us.” I heard her softly said, but before I could respond, the elevator door automatically closed itself and before it does, I caught a glimpse of her hand raised and sincere smile as a sign of goodbye.  

 

I had the urge to smile back as the elevator came to its close. So it wasn’t the talk I had expected. She was okay, we both are.

 

I pushed my hands into the insides of my pocket and started walking to dance studio.

 

 

 

 

 

DARA’s POV

 

 

 

“I never knew you were this funny, Seunghyun.” I told him after I playfully hit his harm when he kissed my hair. He did it because he was trying to prove what my ‘beautiful’ hair does to him. He had been with me since CL had to meet with Teddy. He stopped by at the cafeteria to eat since he said he’s really pissed off and food will keep him calm besides his toys.  

 

Top grinned at me and slightly messed up my hair. “Oh you should see my older sister, she’s a queen joker.”

 

“I should go now. YG hyung’s probably at the dance studio.” He said as he glanced at his wrist watch and then pressed the down button, near the elevator.   “Let’s eat together tonight with the other members, okay?”

 

I grinned at him. “Yeah yeah. Whatever. Dance your off, alright?”

 

He snickered at me. He told me a while ago that he’s not the best dancer but he still could though. “You’ll be fine alone?”

 

“I’m alright. I’ll just wander around. This building is really amazingly beautiful, you know.”

 

The elevator door opened. But before he went in, he reached put his hand on my hair and patted it. “Alright. Later!” He said as he went in and grinned at me before the door closes.

 

Chuckling, I went around the building.

 

It took me half a day before I completely memorized everything. At my point of view, this building looked like a museum of YG’s artists / actors. And he’s so proud of it. Music videos playing simultaneously at a wide screen TV at a lounge area.  Awesome recording studios, where I checked Chaerin recording for a little bit.

 

She’s an awesome rapper, I tell you. She got the swag and remarkable vocal. I smiled as I’ve witnessed her taking a step forward to her dream. I’ve heard from her that next year would be her debut. As I had checked it was 21st of June today.  

 

I also realized I’ve been here for almost 5 months.  January 4th, the date of my arrival at Incheon International airport. The most memorable date of my stay here in South Korea.

 

I focused back my attention on Chaeirn. She gave me two thumbs up before I excused myself to Teddy and Kush and went out to wander around more.

 

I’ve met really nice and hard-working people around from idol manager’s, graphic designers, assistant producers, and other professionals or non-professionals that work in YG. It inspired me how close this family was.

 

I just wish I had one back home.

 

The last stop I went to was the rooftop. It was a really nice one. Not the empty lot kind. There’s garden and then fountain in the middle of it.

 

The view from to where I am was breath-taking. The sun started to set and it was beautiful. But the sun reminded me of Los Angeles, my home.

 

I think it was time to call my parents and inform them to where I was. I don’t want them to be late and see me in a coffin, dead. I wondered what they’re reaction would be like but I bet they’ll scream at me and lock me on our home. But being locked was better than being out and having all the people around you dead or harmed.

 

I grabbed my phone from my jean’s pocket. I held it up and took a picture of the sunset. This might be the last sunset I could see from this country.

 

I deeply sighed and closed my eyes, thinking if I really had the guts to leave and forget that I even went in this country.

 

“Dara.” I heard Jiyong’s voice somewhere. I turned my head, about face, and saw Jiyong standing a few feet away from me with emotion I haven’t seen before.

 

He stepped forward and forward, until we were just two feet away. And in a flash, he held my head, s his free arm around me, giving me a tight hug. “I’m sorry. Please…don’t leave.” 

 

I kept my arms on my sides even though every nerve on my body wanted to hug him back. “Ji. I’m s-”

 

“I’m sorry I was insensitive of saying I didn’t care if you leave. I’m sorry for being so insecure of this guy whom you’ve known for almost a week that knows something much more about you than I do. If you really decide to leave, I’ll just close my mouth about it, but can’t you tell me why?” His voice was sad as he kept his arms around me, not wanting to let go.

 

It wouldn’t hurt if I tell him, would he? There’s no point not to tell. I’ll leave, he knows why. And that’s it. I hope.

 

“My parents…” My voice trailed off as I hesitate to continue. “They work for the CIA.”

 

His grip on me loosened a bit. For a moment, I thought he would let go and question me but he didn’t.

 

So I continued, “And I think their enemies are after me.”  It was better not seeing his expressions because I wasn’t sure if he’ll like what he hears or not.  But with how he tensed in front of me gave me clues on what his expression was and right then, I regret telling him my secret.

 

I took a step backward, getting away from his grasp that was loose on my body. When I was finally free, I found my tongue and talked. “So as I said, this is the farthest you can go. You’re an idol, celebrity, and you can’t hang on with such a danger magnet like me or you’ll end up dead and I don’t want that to happen.”   

 

He didn’t say a word. Silence sometimes means yes so I took it that way. Before I could step away from him more and leave the rooftop. He had me rooted on my stop as his lips came crashing down on mine.

 

It was a kiss that meant so much. A kiss meant for me to stay. As I closed my eyes, wanting to succumb of the touch of his lips on mine, visions of him dead was all I could see. Lying on his own pool of blood, his eyes staring blankly at mine, not moving, not blinking.

 

I shut my eyes tight and held my hands to his chest and pushed him abruptly. Fresh tears forming my eyes as I mouthed, “I’m sorry.”

 

I made my way out of the rooftop in a fast speed. But before I was totally away, I heard a loud curse and a crashing sound.

 

 

 

 




 

 

 

 

a/n: Comments are loved! :)