Compliments

Relationship Status: Married?

--Your POV--

 

I went back home in the afternoon after tutoring Zelo. I had to get ready to meet his relatives like what he said. I don't have so many nice dresses , in fact , I don't even have that many dresses! I don't really like wearing dresses , my usual attire is a plain shirt and jeans and that's about it. I took the best of my dresses that I could find and ended up wearing a white shirt with black hearts all over it , a simple black skirt with a ribbon design in the middle and a matching necklace that my mother gave to me.

 

photo image_1366525692977180_zps69375a9e.jpg

 

I don't know if this is good enough , but I guess this is ok. I know they're probably not happy they'll get to see me if they'd been forcing Daehyun to marry Juyeon all these years. I waited for Daehyun to arrived in the living room , it's already past 5PM. I was about to stand up and get my phone to call him when I heard the front door open , and Daehyun's rushing footsteps as he go inside. He's right in the living room , still trying to get his shoes off. He must've had something to do at school.

 

 

 

 

 

Daehyun: Hey. Sorry , i'm late. I had to do something at school. 
Me: It's ok. Don't rush too much like that , you'll hurt yourself.
Daehyun: I'm fine. Anyways , i'll get ready real-- 
Me: What?

 

 

 

 

He suddenly stops talking when he brings his face up to see me. He looks like he's seen a ghost. Do I look THAT bad? He's not saying anything at all. He could just say I look bad , he doesn't have to look at me like that. Maybe he thinks it's a rude to say that? Maybe not , he doesn't really care if he's rude to me or not. I hate people staring at me though.

 

 

 

 

Me: Hey! Does it really look that bad?

Daehyun: Huh? What?
Me: Does my outfit look bad?! Sheez. Tell me now so I can change. I'm dead nervous here.
Daehyun: A-ahh ... N-no. It doesn't.
Me: Then why are you staring?
Daehyun: E-eh?
Me: Do I have to keep repeating everything?!! I said why are you staring?!! Stop it! It's weird!!
Daehyun: I ..... I wasn't staring.
Me: Yeah you were!!! So , should I change or not?!
Daehyun: Not.
Me: Huh?
Daehyun: Don't. Y-you look .... beautiful.
Me: *eyes widen* W-what?
Daehyun: *blushes* N-nevermind. I need to change now!

 

 

 

 

He ran to the bedroom as soon as he could. Did he just ... compliment me?! He said i'm beautiful?!! He really did that?! I felt my cheek getting hotter. He's never complimented me before. Did he say that to make me feel better? Maybe he's just teasing me. I bet he doesn't mean it at all. I waited for Daehyun to get ready in the living room. He got out of the room , wearing a very neat black suit with a white necktie.

 

photo image_13665256929772232_zps5f81fba9.jpg

 

He looks super different. He's really handsome. It's so different from the Daehyun i'm used to seeing everyday. He was fixing his tie when he came out before looking back at me. We stared at each other for a abput a minute before he finally gave up and looked away.

 

 

 

 

Daehyun: What are you staring at?!
Me: Staring? You're the one staring.
Daehyun: No , I wasn't!
Me: Yeah , you were.
Daehyun: I said I wasn't! It was you!
Me: Why would I stare at you?!
Daehyun: Because i'm pretty handsome.
Me: Wow. Did the wind suddenly get stronger or something? Close the windows before we leave. Please. 
Daehyun: They're not opened.
Me: Ohhhhh. I knew that. *sarcastic*

Daehyun: Am I not saying the truth?!

Me: It really doesn't matter.

Daehyun: Are you admitting that you think i'm ahndsome?

Me: What? No! Who are you kidding? Doesn't it hurt more to hear lies from yourself?
Daehyun: No , because i'm not lying at all. Everyone tells me that. I'm so used to it.

Me: Are you sure that 'everyone' isn't just you?

Daehyun: Of course. 

Me: Hmm. Yeah. Whatever.

Daehyun: So , you think i'm pretty handsome?

Me: How about pretty annoying? We have to get to that dinner whatever with your parents , right? Let's just stop this , ok? We're not gonna finish here if we keep fighting.

Daehyun: You started it.
Me: I did?!

Daehyun: Because you were staring at my handsomeness.

Me: Now it's my fauly?! You're the one who--!! *sighs* This is pointless. Let's go.

 

 

 

 

I grabbed Daehyun by arm and dragged him out of our condo. The others know very well how Daehyun and I always argue about everything. If one of us won't give up , then our arguing will never end. They also know Daehyun well and that he wouldn't budge. He always thinks he's right so if he wouldn't budge then they told me I should. He's actually really nice , when we're not arguing , or when he's not picking on me. He's just a bit too full of it. He's so confident , he can compliment himself just like that.

 

--Daehyun's POV--

 

We made our way to the subway , where we'll catch a train to get to our destination. I was walking ahead of Soomin , I don't know why we're so awkward right now. I wouldn't tell her again but she really looks pretty tonight. She prepared this much for me. I looked over at her and she was rubbing her shoulders with her hands. She got so busy dragging me out of the condo that she forgot to bring her coat. I took off my coat and threw it towards her. She got shocked by the sudden impact when it hit her face and stopped walking. She gave me a really grouchy look.

 

 

 

 

Me: W-what was that for?!
Daehyun: Use it , if you're so freezing to death.
Me: But it's yours. I'm fine. We're almost there anyways.
Daehyun: You don't have to act tough around me. Trust me , you need it way more than I do.
Me: Are you sure?
Daehyun: Yeah. Just use it!! It's your fault for forgetting your coat anyways.
Me: Sorry.
Daehyun: It's fine. Let's just go before we miss the train.

Me: You know , i'm kinda thinking that maybe you're just using me as a coat hanger right now.

Daehyun: Coat hanger? Hmm ... If that's what you want me to refer to you as just so you would put the coat on , then fine. You're my coat hanger. Now do what you do and hang my coat on you.
Me: That sounded so weird.

Daehyun: You just think of the weirdest things.

Me: Maybe I do. The cold is getting in my head.

Daehyun: Put it on! We wouldn't want what's left of it to freeze!

Me: That's mean! And even if I put the coat on , it's not gonna do any help for my head!!!

Daehyun: Aish , just shut up. Are you not gonna put it on or you just don't know how?!

 

 

 

 

I took the coat from her hands and draped them over her shoulders. She was stopped talking and stared like what I was doing was strange , my heart is beating fast right now. I've never felt my heart beat like this. I quickly looked away and walked ahead of her. It's so cold but I can feel my face getting hotter. As we were passing by some establishments , I could see guys giving staring at her as she walks by , she wouldn't notice even me looking at her because her gaze was at the streets. One of the guys staring at her from a cafe we passed by stood up and looked like he was gonna approach her. She's being defenseless again. I stopped walking ahead and went next to her. I put her arm over her shoulder and pulled her close to me. The guy had a disappointed look on his face when I gave him a victorious smile and went back to where he was sitting. I looked back at Soomin and she had a confused look.

 

 

 

 

Me: What are you doing?
Daehyun: It's cold.
Me: Huh?
Daehyun: It's cold! You took my coat , so i'm freezing.

Me: I didn't take it. You let me use it! You're so weird.

Daehyun: Well , i'm cold too.

Me: Then i'll just take it off and--

Daehyun: No! You need it. This is fine.

Me: Yeah , but isn't this a bit embarrassing? People are looking at us.
Daehyun: So what? We're married.

Me: They don't know that.

Daehyun: Yeah , well they should.
Me: But still--
Daehyun: No buts. It'd be a pain if you get lost. You're just walking ahead , you're not even looking which way i'm going to.
Me: I know the way to the train station. I take the train to go to school everytime , just so you know. I wouldn't get lost.
Daehyun: Yeah but you'll surely trip. 
Me: I'm not a kid.

 

 

 

 

I dragged her along while holding her hand. No ert was able to keep their eyes on her. After 30 minutes of travel by foot and by train. we finally arrived at our destination. My adopted parents are part owners of a 5-star restaurant. Before we got in , I told Soomin some details before we headed inside.

 

 

 

 

Me: You don't call them mom or dad? I thought they were your adopted parents?
Daehyun: Yeah , but I don't call them that. I only met them after the accident when my relatives were trying to find out who will adopt me. 
Me: I see.
Daehyun: Also , auntie is very very straightforward.
Me: Like you?
Daehyun: If you say it like that then I guess I can say it's in our blood? Anyways , don't take anything she says seriously. You should already know that they like Juyeon for me. I'm sure she'll say things that might offend you. 
Me: What about your father? I mean uncle?
Daehyun: He's straight forward too but I doubt he'll talk to you the way auntie would talk to you. In fact , I doubt he'll even talk at all. To you , at least. 

Me: Why?

Daehyun: I'm sure he'll scold me somehow or tell me 'you could've been like this , that' and stuff. He really wants me to be the heir of his company. It's not like he has a choice , They don't have kids. He thinks the path I chose is ... too low for what they can provide? Yeah. Something like that.
Me: Wow.
Daehyun: You're imagining how my life living with them has been a blast , huh? *sarcastic*
Me: No kidding , but now i'm more nervous hearing all that. They might eat me alive.
Daehyun: *laughs* There's a possibility! It'll be fine. Relax. You can't show you're nervous. You just have to think that this dinner is an important and crucial part of this whole marriage thing.
Me: I know that already and it's making me even more nervous just thinking about it.

 

 

 

 

--Your POV--

 

A staff led us in a VIP room. As we were getting closer , I could feel my heart pounding faster and faster. This lie is getting bigger and bigger faster than I expected. Is it right that i'm getting involved in all these? It's none of my business , afterall. Well , I can't complain now since we're already here. It's not like I can turn my back on him now. I took a deep breath before we entered and flashed the biggest smile on my face.

 

The big smile on my face weakened little by little when I finally saw them. Half of the reason is because i'm nervous. The other half is because they're stares are so intense and their smiles look so forced. I knew this is what i'll get but I guess it's tougher when you're actually facing it than just imagining it.

 

 

 

 

Mrs. Jung: You finally made it.

Daehyun: Did you wait long?

Mrs. Jung: Not really. We just got here minutes before you did.
Mr. Jung: Is it really this hard to get you to meet up with us?
Daehyun: I'm busy.
Mr. Jung: With what?! That school? You'll have a better future if you worked for the company instead!

Daehyun: I'm happy with my job.

Mr. Jung: Happy with your job? Happiness isn't gonna get you success. You need to think of your priorities.

Daehyun: My students are my priorities. Teaching them makes me happy. My happiness helps them , so to me , that's enough to call it a success.

Mr. Jung: You really don't understand.

 

 

 

 

Hearing him talk about teaching with so much passion makes me happy. He really loves teaching. He really loves his students. He would usually stay up late doing school stuff. He's not only a music teacher , he teaches other classes sometimes , which makes him very busy. His students are lucky to have him as a teacher. I never heard his thoughts about teaching before because we never talk about our ... feelings. I feel like i'm seeing a different side of him. He's pretty cool ........ What am I thinking? Why am I admiring him?! Wake up , Soomin! You can't daydream right now. He'd make fun of me if he finds out i'm complimenting him in my head.

 

 

 


Daehyun: Did we come here to eat or to hear you scolding me? Can you please act more decent? There's someone else here , you know. We should at least act like we're a normal family.
Mrs. Jung: Here's right , yeobo. We shouldn't argue right before dinner.
Daehyun: This is my wife.
Me: *bows* Annyeong Haseyo. My name is Bang Soomin. My husband has told me so much about you. It's really nice to finally meet you.
Mrs. Jung: Really? Like what exactly did he tell you about us?
Me: Eh?
Mrs. Jung: He probably told you how irritating we are.
Me: H-huh? 
Mrs. Jung: We took care of him for some time , of course we'll know some things about him. Like how it's quiet surprising that he already got married. He's usually not into girls.

 

 

 

 

I so wanted to tease Daehyun with a "So you're into guys?" and other stuff like that but I just quietly laughed it off. They asked us to sit down and an awkward silence filled the room.

 

 

 

 

Daehyun: So , are we not going to eat yet?
Mrs. Jung: Doesn't your wife feed you good food? Why are you so eager to eat?

Daehyun: My wife feeds me just fine.

Mrs. Jung: Are you eating good food these days?

Daehyun: My wife is a good cook and if she can't cook , you know I can.

Mrs. Jung: You should get a maid. Why not just go back home? We have everything there.

Daehyun: Can we just eat first?

Mrs. Jung: Dinner will be served soon. Just wait a little longer.
Daehyun: For what?
Mrs. Jung: There's still someone who's going to join us.

Daehyun: Who?

Ms. Jung: You'll know when she gets here. You can eat by then.
Daehyun: She?

 

 

 

 

Daehyun and I looked at each other. I don't feel so good about this. He's probably thinking of the same thing as me , but we just can't say it. I'm sure enough , I should know this 'she' pretty well by now.

 

 

=====================================

 

STOP!

Sorry , it's been a while since I updated.

I'm busy and i'm in Japan now , for vacation.

Thank you to those who are still reading this. 

I'm sorry I can't update regularly that much.

I'm really busy , even if I am here for vacation.

 

I hope you also wait for the next chapter!

This is quiet short since I purposely intended the next part to be on the next chapter!

I'll really try to update soon.

Thank you so much!!

 

-dorobbongie :3