She's ... very important to me.

Relationship Status: Married?

--(Your) Soomin's POV--


I can't believe I dragged myself in such a mess as soon as I arrived in Seoul. I haven't even been here for that long, and look at what i'm going through now. When I first thought about living in Seoul, my expectations never reached this point. It's crazy ... but I don't really regret it. In my short time of living in Seoul, I've made such great friends. Everyone has been taking good care of me, and I don't think I would survive in Seoul without them ... But how long is this act supposed to last? What happens to me after all this? I have to leave Daehyun, don't I? I can't stay with him forever. Once he stops needing my help, I have to leave him. Wow. That actually feels a little sad. It's only been a while, but I already got used to having Daehyun around. It's hard to imagine that I have to leave him once this is all over, even though we still haven't made up for me talking to Minhyuk again. We're okay now, but he only talks to me when he thinks he needs to. All my thoughts were interrupted by the hand that was waving right at my face.

 

 

Daehyun: Hey! Wake up!!!
Me: Oh. Sorry.
Daehyun: Are you okay?
Me: Yeah ...
Daehyun: Are you sure? Do you not want to go? I can go by myself, and you can wait somewhere for a while if you don't want to do this.
Me: No. I'm fine. I'll go with you. I said I will, right? You need me there, don't you?
Daehyun: Well ... yes. But if you're not feeling well th---
Me: I'm okay ... so ... you're not mad at me anymore? For talking to Minhyuk?
Daehyun: ... I am. I still am, but you did that for me, right? I can't be mad at you for doing something for me. Just promise me you'll never do something that dangerous again, okay?
Me: *nods* Thank you for worrying about me. So, we're okay now?
Daehyun: Weren't we always okay?
Me: You never said you forgave me until now.
Daehyun: If it'll make you stop talking about this, then fine. We're okay now.
Me: Thank you ...... Daehyun, can I asked you a question?
Daehyun: Sure. I guess.
Me: ... How long is this gonna last?
Daehyun: There's a short ceremony so--
Me: No. I don't mean the memorial service, what I meant was...
Daehyun: What?
Me: ... 
Daehyun: What? What is it?
Me: ... Nothing.
Daehyun: That was definitely not a 'nothing'. Come on. Ask me.
Me: It was nothing. I was just thinking about Mingguk. I want to get back to him. Himchan oppa and the others might be having trouble.
Daehyun: They'll be fine. Don't think about them too much for now. We're almost there. Just relax.


 

 


Daehyun gave me an assuring tap on the shoulder before looking back at the road. I couldn't ask him how long this whole 'pretend thing' would last. I don't know why I suddenly didn't want to ask ... maybe it's because I didn't want an answer. I'm gla he said we're okay now. I don't think I can continue feeling at ease knowing we still haven't made up. We're on our way to the cemetery where Daehyun's parents are buried for a memorial service, with Daehyun driving a rental car. It's still pretty early in the morning, but that's usually when memorial services are held for some, I guess. He says this usually becomes a big event, where their close family, friendsh and business partners would come. This isn't the kind of memorial service i'm used to. Is this what it's like when you're in a rich family? I wouldn't know. 

 

 

Me: Daehyun.
Daehyun: Hm?
Me: Do ceremonies like these happen often?
Daehyun: Yeah. Isn't it normal to have something like this yearly?
Me: No, I meant, do they always have to make it a big event? 
Daehyun: Well ... before, they didn't. It was usually just the family. Aunt didn't even like having the memorial ceremonies, after all she's not blood-related with my parents. My uncle is my father's brother, and my aunt doesn't care about that side of the family. When they needed me to get married to Juyeon, that's when they started all this. It's really stupid. They're just trying to use my parents to lure me to them. I don't even know most of the people who attend.
Me: It must be pretty sad then.
Daehyun: You could say that. I want to be able to visit my parents alone. I just want peace and quiet, and to be able to connect to them. That's why even though I attend the ceremonies they planned, I still go back by myself when all of that is done and everyone's gone, so I can have some 'alone time' with my parents.
Me: Then I guess I have to leave with everyone else afterwards.
Daehyun: ... You can come with me if you want to.
Me: Huh?
Daehyun: If you want to go with me ... it's fine. I want them to meet you.

 



I could feel my cheeks getting hotter, and I could see his face kinda getting red too. I don't know why this is getting me shy, but it is! I can't keep quiet though ... he might notice.


\


Me: I-i'll go with you. If it's okay.
Daehyun: G-great ... Thanks. Anyway, Junhyung and Juyeon would definitely be there. Don't worry though. I would never let them hurt you.
Me: I know. I'm not worried.
Daehyun: Really?
Me: I am a little worried, but you're there. I'm sure i'll be fine.




But i'm really nervous. I didn't want to tell him, because I didn't want him to worry. I just have to prepare myself for the worst.

--Daehyun's POV--

Why are there so many people here? We finally got to the cemetery, and there are tons of cars all over. It was so hard to get in, because of the traffic right outside! This is crazy. I can't believe they invited this many people again. I doubt any of them even know my parents. I hate how they're disrespecting them in such a way. Soomin and I got off the car. She's been trying to look like she's fine, but I know she's nervous. I took her hand and intertwined it with mine. I'm nervous too, but I should be calm for her sake.




Daehyun: We'll be fine.
Me: I know. I know. Thank you. I really needed that.
Daehyun: Just go with it until they all leave. Or actually, we might leave first. Who knows. Depends on how long we can last.
Me: *nods*

 



On our way to the tombs, I greeted some few familiar faces. Mostly some relatives, I have no idea who everyone else is. When someone comes to me to talk, I tell them about Soomin, though it looks like they're not that happy seeing her. They probably talked to aunt and uncle first before us. When we got closer to the tomb, my aunt and uncle approached us. 
 



Mrs. Jung: It's about time you got here! Everyone was waiting.
Daehyun: I'm sorry for being late. There was a traffic right outside the cemetery. I can't help but wonder why. *sarcastic tone*
Mrs. Jung: Oh. You brought her along.
Daehyun: Of course. She's my wife.
Me: Good morning *bows*
Mrs. Jung:  Look at you. You probably tried your hardest to fit in.
Daehyun: Can you at least show us some respect? We came here for my parents, not for some drama.
Mr. Jung: You two better stop. You have to greet all the guests.
Daehyun: I barely know them. I greeted our relatives. 
Mrs. Jung: Those are our business partners and important clients! You have to go and greet them.
Daehyun: Why do I have to do that? I don't know them. I doubt they know mom and dad personally too. There's no point.
Mrs. Jung: Daehyun! How dare you say that?!
Daehyun: Do we have to argue about this every single time?! Why don't you just stop inviting all these people here and let us have some peace while remembering my parents?!
Me: Daehyun ...
Mrs. Jung: How dare you!
Mr. Jung: You two! Stop! You're humiliating us infront of all these people!
Juyeon: Daehyun!!!


 


Oh great. Just as things are getting worse, the ice princess shows up. Juyeon, Junhyung and her parents just arrived. My aunt, who looked like she was about to explode a couple of seconds ago, suddenly changed her expressions to a bright, happy face. Pft. What an actress.
 

 


Mrs. Jung: Mr. and Mrs. Yoon. Thank you for taking your time to come here. *bows*
Mr. Yoon: It's no worries. This has become a family thing for us too. I rarely get to see my own children, since they're always all over the place, so this day has become a day for us to get together as well.
Daehyun: *whispers* Why don't you put the two of them on leashes so they won't run around everywhere?
Me: *whispers* Daehyun! I heard that!
Mr. Yoon: Excuse me? Where you saying something?
Mrs. Jung: Nothing! He was just going to greet you, right Daehyun? 
Daehyun: No, I wa--
Mrs. Jung: Daehyun!
Daehyun: Fine! Fine! Thank you for coming to my parent's memorial service. *bows*
Me: !!! *bows*
Mr. Yoon: Oh. And who's this girl? You can't seem to let go of her hand.
Mrs. Jung: Oh. Her? She's just one of his short term girlfriends, you know.
Daehyun: What 'short term girlfriend'? She's my wife!


 


She's crazy. She's trying to save face again. I bet she said that because the Yoon's still don't know, except for Junhyung and Juyeon of course.


--(Your) Soomin's POV--

I know that they're a family, but there's so much tension between them. I always thought that you'll feel calmer when you're with your family. I guess that's not the case for this. Junhyung and Juyeon's parents look shocked to hear I was Daehyun's wife.

 



Mr. Yoon: Oh. I see.
Mrs. Yoon: So the rumors were true. To think we were going to get our daughter married to your son.
Mrs. Jung: That can still be arranged.
Daehyun: What are you saying?!
Mrs. Jung: Daehyun! Show some respect in front of our guests!
Mrs. Yoon: No. It's okay. Our relationship with your family will still be very strong. You have to be careful though. Once Daehyun takes over of the company ... you might lose more than you'll gain.
Daehyun: What do you mean?
Mrs. Yoon: Oh, i'm sorry. That was what everyone was telling us. That Daehyun's golddigger wife is here. I also heard how she's such a great actress. It must be tough.
Mr. Yoon: Now, honey. That's not a nice thing to say.
Juyeon: Mom. You weren't supposed to say that! *smiles*
Mrs. Jung: Oh, don't worry. Our Daehyun is slow at realizing those things. Don't worry. He will, eventually.


 


Their words are hurtful. They're saying things as if it were a joke, or I wouldn't understand. It hurts, but compared to what happened last time, this isn't half as bad. Daehyun's grip on my hand got tighter and tighter though. He let out a long sigh and looked at everyone.
 

 


Daehyun: Are you finished now?
Mrs. Yoon: Excuse me?
Daehyun: Are you finished disrespecting my wife now? We came here for my parent's memorial service, unlike you who only came here for your 'business interactions'. How about you look at yourselves first before disrespecting my parents and my wife?! 
Mrs. Jung: Daehyun!
Daehyun: You think you can always control me at times like these. I've had it! You can say all the bad things you want about Soomin, but I know how she really is!
Mr. Jung: You two. Stop it! People are looking!
Daehyun: Maybe you wouldn't have to worry about that if you didn't invite all these people who give no damn about my parents! You can't even respect your own brother, agreeing for something like this every year. I'm sorry. We have to go.

 



Daehyun tugged my hand and guided me back to the car. His hands are trembling. His grip just keep getting tighter and tighter. He didn't say a word as we got in the car and left, his face looks very pissed though. He drove us to a nearby fast food chain and parked there. Is he ... hungry?
 



Me: Don't tell me you pulled that act just because you were hungry?
Daehyun: Of course not! I just wanted to get away from them and wait til that entire ceremony is over, so I can visit my parents. I knew we wouldn't last very long.
Me: I'm sorry I didn't say anything.
Daehyun: No. You don't have to be sorry. Actually, I did pull that act in order to get away from them. They're all teaming up to say bad things about you. I couldn't take it. I'm sorry.
Me: *shakes head* No. Don't be sorry. I knew that was gonna happen. To be honest, it did hurt. I can't believe rich people are quick to judge people lower than them, when they even don't know anything about them. I never heard such hurtful words, but when I think about it, I bet they only said those things because they badly wanted me out of your life. I mean, they think we're married and you're not giving me up, so I guess in their minds they have to get me to give up on you instead.
Daehyun: ... 
Me: Why are you all quiet now? Did I say something wrong?
Daehyun: No. I just though that you're right. That's why I have to protect you more. They know I won't budge, so they want to go after you. Don't worry. I'll never leave your side.
Me: I know. I'll never leave your side too. I'll be here as long as you need me.
Daehyun: ...
Me: Why are you all quiet again?
Daehyun: ... To be honest, i'm actually really hungry. Can we get off and go inside now?


 


I couldn't help but laugh. He totally ruined the moment! It's hard to be serious when he's like this, but I guess i'm glad we don't have to be too serious all the time. It just feels relaxing when he's around. Somehow.

--Juyeon's POV--

Mom totally ruined my plans by blabbering ! Now Daehyun's gone, and I had to sit through the entire memorial service! I can't believe this ... who still does memorial services these days?! This is just a hassle.

 



Junhyung: Why do you look so grumpy?
Juyeon: This is boring. Mom drove Daehyun away!
Junhyung: All those things mom said, you're the one who told them all of that. If it's anyone's fault, it's your's.
Juyeon: You didn't even say a damn thing!
Junhyung: I knew that was gonna happen, so I just stared at Soomin for a while.
Juyeon: I thought you already gave her up to Minhyuk.
Junhyung: It depends on the situation.
Juyeon: Now I never got to do my plan. You have to tell Minhyuk to hurry! I don't want to see that girl with Daehyun any longer.
Junhyung: You know I don't know how that guy works.
Juyeon: Is it true? Is what Gikwang oppa said true? I didn't know he knew Daehyun before.
Junhyung: He used to say he didn't too ... I guess he just doesn't want to remember that he did. I knew Daehyun was a playboy in his days, I just didn't think he would encounter Daehyun during those times.
Juyeon: Why doesn't Daehyun remember any of that? If he knew Minhyuk, he would've said so when he first saw him.
Junhyung: Beats me. I still don't know that much about what happened between them. All I know is Daehyun owes Minhyuk, and that's why Minhyuk wants Daehyun to feel exactly what Daehyun did to him.


 

 

I don't get it ... why did Minhyuk only tell us about this now? It doesn't make sense. If he wanted revenge on Daehyun, that would've been his purpose in the first place. Why did he only want revenge now? He's so mysterious. I hope this service ends soon.

--(Your) Soomin's POV--

After eating, we went out to buy a basket of fruits and some flowers before heading back to the cemetery. Hours have already passed since we left. It's already after lunch now, and it looks like everyone's gone now. I'm glad it's not as cluttered here, like to how it was hours ago. Daehyun can finally have some alone time with his parents. He placed the basket of fruits and flowers he bought infront of their tombs before bowing down on the ground. I didn't know what to do. I wanted him to have some alone time with them, so I just stood quiet far behind him. I wonder if he's ever brought a girl here before? I want to ask, but I don't see why. He doesn't look like the type who's into this kind of things, so I doubt ny presence here is any important. As soon as he raised his head up, he looked over at me.

 

 

Daehyun: What are you doing?
Me: Huh?
Daehyun: Why aren't you here?
Me: I thought you needed some time alone.
Daehyun: I didn't bring you here to just stand there. Come here and show my parents some respect.
Me: O-okay.


 

 


I immediately went next to Daehyun and bowed to his parents. This feels weird. You don't usually friends around like this to your parent's grave. This is more of a ... couple thing. It's weird. We don't have to pretend when there's no one around, but I did want to meet his parents too. I wanted to see how he's like with them, so I just kept looking at him after I bowed.

 


Daehyun: Hey mom and dad. How are you two doing up there? I'm sorry I haven't visited in a while. I hope you're not upset with me ... I guess there's no point in telling you everything that's happening, since you probably already know. I'm sorry if i'm lying to everyone, I haven't forgotten what you thought me before about lying, but you know why i'm doing this right? If you were here, I bet you would be scolding me about how it's bad to lie, huh? I wish you were here ... so that I don't have to lie and upset you.
 



He was looking down, but it looked more like he was looking far far away. He really misses them. It must be sad for him, since he lost his parents at such a young age. I can't even imagine the pain he's feeling ... After a while, he looked up, looked at me and took my hand. He then looked at the tombs again.

 


Daehyun: By the way, mom, dad, this is Bang Soomin.
Me: *bows* I-i'm Bang Soomin. It's nice to finally meet you.
Daehyun: She's helping me out. You must be mad that i'm forcing her to
lie with me, but I need her. Mom, Dad, I can't do this alone. Can you help me make sure Soomin is safe? Help me protect her, okay? She's ... very important to me. 
Me: Daehyun ... *blushes*
Daehyun: Take care of her too, please.
Me: Uhhh ... Mr. and Mrs. Jung. I don't know that much about you, but seeing Daehyun now, you raised him well. He's always nice to me and to his friends. He's always giving, and he takes care of people well. He doesn't even ask for anything in return. I know you're looking and smiling at him from heaven now, no matter what bad things he think he's doing. 
Daehyun: ... You're embarrassing me. *blushes*
Me: I'm just saying the truth! I'm not done yet! ... I also know it's selfish, but because he asked you to help take care of me, can I also ask you to help me take care of him? You're probably already doing that, even if I don't ask, but I want to be able to take care of him too. Do you see how your son acts when he has his tantrums? I would definitely need your help.
Daehyun: Hey!
Me: *laughs* I was kidding! Anyway ... Mr. and Mrs. Jung. Please always look after Daehyun. Help him get through what he's going through now. He deserves to be happy. I know that's what you want for him too.


 


It was awkward talking to his parents, knowing that I wouldn't get a response and I barely know them, but it actually felt great. He's a great son. He really loves them. I'm gla I got to see him like this. I wish they were still around for him, but I know they're always looking after him. We spent about an hour or two there. He looked so happy, yet also like a longing child. I hope that when this is all over, he's able to find second parents who aren't like his aunt and uncle or the Yoons. I know that's a bad thing to say, but he needs someone who can love and nurture him like how his parents did. After dropping the rental car back, we walked on our way to the guys to get Mingguk. It's just quiet again, and he's walking ahead of me again. I guess he's still thinking about his parents. 
 

Everyone was laughing in the bar when we arrived, but as soon as we got in (and they saw our faces), everyone turned quiet. They already know what happened. Despite that, Himchan oppa stood up and welcomed us in with a smile. 

 

Himchan: Great! You guys got here just in time!
Daehyun: Yeah. Why do you look so happy?
Youngjae: Well ... we knew you were going to have a crappy time today, so we thought of something that can cheer you up!
Daehyun: Does it involve any of you getting hurt?
Youngjae: No.
Daehyun: Then I doubt that's gonna cheer me up.
Youngjae: Don't be such a grump. we're going on a picnic tomorrow!
Daehyun: Picnic? Doesn't that sound too girly?
Youngjae: Well, we have Mingguk, we can't exactly bring him to just anywhere. This is the best we could think off.
Daehyun: You know that just means more work. We have to prepare food. Mats. Maybe even a tent. 
Himchan: You don't have to worry about any of that! We're going to prepare all that! All you need is to be there!
Daehyun: Yongguk hyung, you actually agreed to this?
Yongguk: You two might need it, so I thought 'Why not?'. This is a great opportunity to relax and show Soomin around Seoul.
Daehyun: Well ... If hyung is up for it, then fine. But i'm still bringing my food, just in case you guys mess up.
Me: I'll help with anything, if you need some help.
Daehyun: We have to go now, because we need to go get some ingredients in the market.
Himchan: Hang on! You can't leave without telling us what happened first!
Daehyun: You already know what happened!
Himchan: It's still better to hear what exactly happened!

 

That day, it was decided that we'll go out on a picnic near Han River. It was mostly decided by them. They didn't let us leave until we told them what happened. They were worried, but they didn't seem shocked about it. They already knew it was going to happen too. They talked about what happened a little bit, but decided that we should worry about this some other day and just get ready for a day of relaxation tomorrow. I've never been to that part of Seoul, so i'm very excited to see  the place. Daehyun sounded reluctant, but i'm glad he agreed to come along. It wouldn't be as fun without him.

 

============================================================

Good evening!
I told you I would update as soon as I can.
Even though I currently have a cold, I tried my best to write the next chapter.


How was the new chapter? Was it good? I tried to make it as good as I can.
I hope everyone liked it!

Thank you to everyone who is still reading/supporting this story.
I will try my best to update a soon as I can next time too.
All your comments and messages are 
loved and appreciated!

There really isn't that much for me to say. 
I can't think straight with this cold.
Everyone take care!
Christmas is near, and it's getting colder! 
Don't catch a cold (like me)!

Have a great day!
 

-dorobbongie :3