Acceptance is better than denial.

Relationship Status: Married?

--Your POV--

 

I started working at the bar a few days after we got Daehyun to give his blessings. Because I had to be at the bar by 6PM to prepare , I had to get permission from the school. My schedule was changed , since my usual last period subject ends at 7PM. I used to have a vacant 2 hours at around lunch time , but my last period Chemistry teacher has agreed to just put me in his afternoon class , so my last period would end at 5PM and I only get an hour for lunch. Not like I needed 2 hours anyways. I'm really glad that my old class and new class were both pretty much around the same topic , I didn't have a hard time adjusting.

 

I woke up early so I cooked some packed lunch for both of us , afterwards , Daehyun took me to school.

 

 

 

Me: Where's Youngjae?

Daehyun: Why are you even looking for Youngjae?

Me: Don't know. I got used to being with him a lot.

Daehyun: You're with me , so you shouldn't be talking about other guys.

Me: *smirks* Is my husband jealous?! My husband is sooooo over-protective!

Daehyun: *blushes* Shut up.

Me: I'm kinda miss Youngjae.

Daehyun: W-what?! Why?!

Me: I like talking to him! We can talk about so much , sometimes we even forget we're already in front of school.

Daehyun: Is that why you look so happy every time you're with him on your way to school?

Me: Huh?

Daehyun: You always look so happy. You don't even leave the school gate until you're sure he's out of your sight. Is that it? Guys like Youngjae are your type?

Me: It's not like that. Youngjae's a nice friend and you know he's good in talking. He's ... wait a sec , how did you know I don't leave the school gate until I don't see him anymore?

 

 

 

 

His eyes flew wide open at my question. He started blushing hard and made awkward stuttery noises before looking away and not talking at all. Hm? Did I just hit the nail on something? I'm curious how he knew that though. Youngjae couldn't have told him because even Youngjae doesn't know that.

 

--Daehyun's POV--

 

How did I know that? HOW DID I KNOW THAT?! Ok , maybe Youngjae was right. I'm a bit of a worrier. I didn't feel like it was right to just let Youngjae do what I should be doing for her , so I followed them around the first couple of days when Youngjae started to take her to school. It's not weird! I just wanted to make sure she's safe myself. It's not weird , isn't it? I was just worried , but I can't tell her that , Youngjae caught me once.

 

 

 

 

 

Daehyun: Uhh ... You're late! I gotta go!

Me: Huh? I'm not late yet. Class isn't gonna start soon.

Daehyun: Well , you don't wanna be late right?

Me: I guess.

Daehyun: I have to get to school too.

Me: Oh yeah. Make suure eat your lunch.

Daehyun: I will. Thanks for cooking lunch for me.

Me: It's no big deal. Take care.

Daehyun: Mmn.

 

 

 

 

 

I turned away from her and walked off , but she called my name and ran towards me. She raised her hands to my neck and started doing something to my necktie. She's too close , my heart is pounding. This is so awkward. I'm not used to this. She's concentrating on my necktie too much , I can't not look at her face.

 

 

 

 

Daehyun: W-what are you doing?!

Me: I'm tying your necktie. What does it look like i'm doing?

Daehyun: W-why?

Me: It's not tied properly! 

Daehyun: ...

Me: Here ... here and ... *raises hands* Done!

Daehyun: *looks at his tie* T-thanks.

Me: You're welcome. This makes us look like a real married couple , doesn't it?

Daehyun: ...

Me: Why are you so quiet? And why are you blushing?!

Daehyun: N-nothing! I gotta go!!

Me: ?

 

 

 

I couldn't contain myself anymore and ran off. Stupid heart , why did it start pumping blood through my veins too fast?! Now my face is all red! ARRRGGGGH! She must've thought I was acting weird! ARRRRGGGH. I hate this. It's her fault though!

 

--Your POV--

 

Daehyun was acting pretty weird. Maybe I did something weird? I just tied his necktie! I wasn't aware I was already doing it myself. Guess out act is becoming a little too natural for me? I watched him run off before I went into school. Same old , sameold. After a few classes and lunch , I went to my transferred class. I was writing some notes in my notebook as we waited for the professor. After a while , he arrived and we all stood up to great him.

 

 

 

 

 

Students: Good afternoon sir!

Prof: Sit down. We have another student who transferred to this class. I'd like all of you to welcome him.

 

 

 

 

I was already having a bad feeling about this. He asked the student to come in and ... it was Minhyuk! I knew it! It was so weird that he was so quiet around me during our other classes this time , when he kept asking me why I didn't come to Chemistry last time for a hundredth time.

 

 

 

 

Minhyuk: My name is Lee Minhyuk. I transferred to this class for ... personal reasons. I hope to get along with everyone.

Prof: Sit next to the empty seat next to Ms. Bang Soomin. I'm sure you know who that is.

 

 

 

 

He sat down to the seat next to me with a smile. I knew it wouldn't be too easy to get away from him but why and how did he switch to this class?!

 

 

 

Minhyuk: I'm still your partner , right?

Me: Why are you doing this?

Minhyuk: Class is boring without you.

Me: ...

Minhyuk: And you made a promise. You can't take it back. I don't wanna be anyone else's partner. Just yours.

Me: ...

Minhyuk: Was it him?

Me: Huh?

Minhyuk: That guy you were with this morning. Was he your boyfriend?

Me: !!!

Minhyuk: Ahh ... so he is.

Me: We're in class , we shouldn't be talking about this.

Minhyuk: ... If you say so.

 

 

 

 

He saw me and Daehyun?! I really can't tell people in school i'm "married" because what would I say after our deal is over? I can't say he's my boyfriend too , because he's not! If I tell them he's my boyfriend then it might come out and they might find out we're not really married! AHHH! This is so complicated. I thought i'd just keep quiet about it , but now I have to say something out of those two to get away from Minhyuk ... or maybe I should just go with Youngjae's advice?

 

--Youngjae's POV--

 

Daehyun came by our cafe for lunch break. Since it was my lunch break to , we went to a nearby restaurant to each together. He told me that Soomin asked her how he knew about her watching me leave before entering the school. When he talks , he talks too much , now his secret is coming out.

 

 

 

Youngjae: She knows?

Daehyun: Almost. Of course I had to make up something. It'll make me look weird if she found out.

Youngjae: Just come open about it. I know you more than anyone else. It'll be less complicated if you do. It7s really simple , if you think about it.

Daehyun: Huh? What should I come open about?

Youngjae: You really want me to say it?

Daehyun: Yes.

Youngjae: You're already falling for Soomin , right?

Daehyun: W-what?! Don't be crazy!

Youngjae: You don't have to deny it! Acceptance is better than denial.

Daehyun: Why would I fall in love with her?! She's ... she's ... she's not my type at all! 

Youngjae: No normal guy would follow a girl around like a stalker!

Daehyun: I didn't follow her like a stalker! I just wanted to make sure she got to school safe! That's it! I don't my plans ruined because of her!

Youngjae: Is that why you got mad at her when you thought she was seeing someone else?

Daehyun: H-hey! You know nothing , Youngjae! I was ... I was worried she might forget our deal if she starts seeing someone else.

Youngjae: Whatever you say ... you should remember though , Soomin is pretty.

Daehyun: So?

Youngjae: It's not impossible for guys to fall or her and make moves on her. Get it? She's smart. She's nice. If someone makes a move before you do ... you'd be sorry man.

Daehyun: S-so?! It doesn't bother me! Who'd make a move on her? Zelo? Junhyung?

Youngjae: Zelo likes her. Junhyung likes her.

Daehyun: She only sees Zelo as a little brother and Junhyung likes any girl.

Youngjae: There are many guys at her school. You know , I actually always see this guy , he looks quiet familiar. He always has his eyes on Soomin. It's kinda creepy , but I don't think girls there see it as creepy since he's kinda handsome.

Daehyun: W-what?!

Youngjae: He's really handsome! He looks like he's a student there too , that must mean he's smart. Maybe he's asking Soomin out?

Daehyun: How do you know that?!

Youngjae: I asked her if guys at school make moves on her! She said some , but she doesn't really care.

Daehyun: She never tells me that!

Youngjae: Why would she tell you that?! I asked if there's a really persistent one who doesn't stop. She said there is. That guy I see looks persistent enough , maybe it was him. I gave her advices on how to stop these persistent guys.

Daehyun: What advice is that?

Youngjae: Guys like girls who are hard to get , so she should just agree to go on one date and show him she's not the type of girl he likes.

Daehyun: WHAT?! Are you stupid?! Why did you tell her to goon a date with someone else?!

Youngjae: It's just advice! It's her choice if she follows it or not , besides , I think it was a good advice ...

Daehyun: You're just making it worse for me! *stands up and runs out*

Youngjae: Yah! Jung Daehyun!!!

 

 

 

 

He just went off , without looking back. I wonder what he's planning on doing? He's my bestfriend , I know him better than anyone ... or maybe I just think I do? I know he likes Soomin now , he's just denying it. Or maybe I really am just interpreting it the wrong way?

 

--Your POV--

 

Minhyuk kept quiet from Chemistry up to our last class for the day. After class , he probably waited for it , he started following me as I leave the campus. He doesn't stop , until we reached the gate. I couldn't leave , because I had to wait for Daehyun. He probably knows that because I could see a smirk form on his face when we reached the gates. He held my arm and pulled me back to face him , because I was avoiding eye contact.

 

 

 

Me: Let go!

Minhyuk: Can we talk?

Me: ...

Minhyuk: I'm not stopping at anything.

Me: Leave me alone!

Minhyuk: No. I've never been rejected before. I hate how rejection feels!

Me: This is really getting out of hand. I'm not interested! how many times do I have to say that?

Minhyuk: You can say it as much as you want because i'm not gonna listen anyways!

Me: *sighs* All you want is a date , right?

Minhyuk: Yeah. Just one date. If you're really not interested , then i'll stop.

Me: ... Do you promise that?

Minhyuk: Yeah.

Me: Then fine. I'll go on a date with you. 

Minhyuk: Really?!

Me: Promise me you won't tell anyone and you'll stop all these once and for all after the date?

Minhyuk: *holds my shoulder* You don't have to worry about anything. Thank you , Soomin. You won't regret this.

 

 

 

He said , then kissed me on the cheek. He smirked again afterwards before he left. I was shocked that he kissed me , I didn't expect that. He looked so confident. What did I just get myself into again?! Uggghh. Why do I listen to Youngjae's advices?! What's taking Daehyun so long , by the way?! If he got here earlier ,I could've escaped that whole situation.

 

--Daehyun's POV--

 

I'm so mad! So mad! Why am I so mad? Soomin just so happened to agree to date that guy! I saw it! I was making my way to her , when I hear her say she'll go out with him. He even kissed her! I'm really mad and I don't know the exact reason why! Am I mad because she agreed to date him or she's definitely ruining my plans?! I didn't know how I should approach her , so I just left her there before she could see me behind her.

 

I went to the bar , Yongguk hyung attended on me as I ordered.

 

 

 

Yongguk: Why are you drinking so much again?

Daehyun: It's your cousin's fault! She's ruining everything! Everything!

Yongguk: What did she do? And where is she?

Daehyun: She agreed to date some guy from her school! She was at school , probably waiting for me , when I last saw her. 

Yongguk: And you left her alone?

Daehyun: She can handle herself! She doesn't need me!

Jongup: Hyung , you were jealous?

Daehyun: I wasn't! I already said it doesn't bother me , but she's ruining everything! She can't date while she's married to me! What if they find out?! This is Youngjae's fault! Him and his stupid advices! *drinks*

Yongguk: Relax! Don't drink too much , customers are coming in soon. Himchan isn't here yet.

Daehyun: Where is he? He's always here , irritating me , at times like this.

Jongup: Hyung went out to get drinks , since we're running out of supply. So don't drink too much , we might run out.

??: Hey!!! Why didn't come to school?!

 

 

 

 

The three of us turned our heads towards the door and we saw Soomin with Himchan hyung. She's the last person I wanna see , now that i'm feeling all tipsy.

 

 

 

Me: You're so cruel , Jung Daehyun! You're here drinking while I was waiting for you! I even texted and called you but you weren't answering! That's just cruel! You're such a mean husband!

Daehyun: Me?! A mean husband?! You're the mean wife! He's the 2nd guy you were with today , maybe not just 2nd!!

Me: ... Huh?

Yongguk: He's getting a bit drunk , don't mind him. Why are you two together?

Himchan: Traffic was bad , we took another route and I saw Soomin at the front of her school , waiting for Dae.

Me: I don't know what you're talking about , Jung Daehyun. What's wrong?

Daehyun: ... *continues drinking*

Me: Will you stop drinking and answer me?! *takes his drink away*

Daehyun: Leave me alone! And give me that back!!! I'm trying to think here!

Me: Think about what? What's wrong with you?! It was getting cold out there! I thought I was going insane. You should apologize for making me wait for nothing!!!

Daehyun: Apologize?! Why didn't you ask that guy to take you here? In fact , why didn't you just have your date right here , right now?

Me: H-how did you know that?!Daehyun: Why do you care?! Leave me alone!

Me: Daehyun ... Were you there? Why didn't you approach me? I was waiting for you to come and save me , you know!

Daehyun: Save you?! You would've been safer if you didn't listen to other people's advices! Why do you even listen to Youngjae's advice?! How come you can open up to Youngjae when you can't open up to me?!

??: Did I just hear my name?

??: Why is hyung yelling at noona?

 

 

 

 

Youngjae and Zelo arried at the bar together.

 

 

 

Daehyun: She did what you said , are you happy now?!

Youngjae: Woah. Woah. Woah. I don't wanna get involved.

Daehyun: Well , you are! It's your fault!

Me: It's not his fault! I only did what Youngjae adviced because he was right! 

Daehyun: You should've thought of me before you did anything!

Me: I was thinking of you! I needed to get him off my back for you! I did the only thing I could to get him off my back. 

Daehyun: Why can't you just tell him and everyone else you're married?! That's what I did!

Me: How crazy would I be if I told people at school that?! What?! After our deal is off , what do I tell them?! It's ok for you to tell people that you got divorced because you're a guy , but what about me?! People will look at me funny , people will talk about me. I don't want my 4 years in college to be like that! I wanted a normal life in Seoul from the start but I already sacrificed half of that for you.

Daehyun: Are you boasting that off?! I'm doing my best for you too!

Me: That's not what I intended to do.

Daehyun: There's a better way to get away from guys , you don't go on dates with guys you don't like! You probably took Youngjae's advice in consideration because you like him too!

Me: What?! That's not it at all!!

Zelo: Hey , hyung. You're too much. Don't talk to noona like that!

Me: I didn't know what to do! How should I know what else to do?! You think I wanted to date him in the first place?

Daehyun: Just shut up!

Jongup: Uhhh ... Noona , he's kinda had too much to drink already. Maybe you two should talk to later. 

Himchan: Alcohol is getting in hus head , don't worry. He doesn't mean what he's saying. Go and get dressed for work.

Me: *nods* Ok , but don't let him anymore than what he's already drinking now.

Jongup: We'll try.

 

 

 

 

She slumped her shoulders and went to the back of the bar. She looked like she still had a lot to say , but just held it in and left. 

 

 

 

 

Himchan: *awkward laugh* Hahaha. Marriage is hard , isn't it?

Youngjae: Hey Dae , i'm sorry.

Daehyun: Shut up.

Zelo: You were so mean to noona!! You really hurt her feelings!

Daehyun: Me? Hurt her feelings?! Did she consider my feelings?! Aren't you sad she's gonna go out on a date with another guy?

Zelo: I-i am. But noona really didn't really know how to handle the situation! You should've thought of that! If your jealous , why can't you just come clean?!

Daehyun: *holds him by collar* I said i'm not jealous!!! You'll never understand what i'm going through!!!

Youngjae: H-hey!!! Let go of Zelo! Don't hit a kid!!! *pulls Dae away from Zelo*

Zelo: I don't understand? What don't I understand? Your adopted parents forcing you to marry? At least you have relatives that want you , even for that reason! What about me?! I don't have anyone! My parents both left to be with their other families. They left me homeless , they don't care about me! I have no relatives. No one wants me , how do you think that makes me feel?!

Daehyun: Aren't you too old to mope about that?

Zelo: Aren't you too old to mope about your problems yourself?! 

Himchan: H-hey , relax guys.

Yongguk: Jongup-ah , Daehyun's broken. Take him home.

Daehyun: I don't wanna go home!!

Yongguk:  Just go home , Daehyun!! Don't wait until I get mad.

 

 

 

 

Yongguk hyung yelled. None of us could say anything else. Jongup took my arm over his shoulder and took me out of the bar. he never gets mad , how could I talk back at him?

 

--Your POV--

 

So Daehyun saw? Maybe he's upset because I did something that could ruin his plans. I doubt he's upset because I agreed to go on a date with another guy. I'm being stupid again , but if he saw me , why didn't he approach me? I shouldn't have told him those things about sacrificing half of the normal life I wanted too. It was too much of me. Now I feel bad. That they're fighting because of me. As I hear them fighting from te changing room , tears just strted pouring out. It's my fault they're fighting. If I didn't wanna date Minhyuk , I should've just said no. Dae's right , he's doing his best for me too. He's doing too much for me and I don't wanna cause trouble for him , or rather them. I said yes to Minhyuk without thinking about it. Making decisions on my own was a bad and irresponsible choice. Someone knocked on the changing room door as I changed my clothes.

 

 

 

 

Zelo: Noona , are you ok?

Me: Yeah, I'm fine. I just finished changing , i'm coming out now.

 

 

 

 

I went out of the changing room to see Zelo , Himchan oppa and Youngjae waiting for me.

 

 

 

 

Youngjae: Sorry you two fought because of me.

Me: It's not your fault.

Zelo: Hyung was really mean to you , and to me too! 

Me: I'm sorry , Zelo-ah. I didn't know what you were going through.

Zelo: It's ok. Hyung was drunk , so he said things he didn't mean to say. He's usually considerate about my feelings when it comes to my family issues.Plus , it was a long time ago already. It doesn't bother me that much anymore.

Himchan: He's drunk. He'll be all better after he sobers up.

Me: I'm sorry everyone. He was like that because of me.

Himchan: It's ok! He's just pouting. He probably got too jealous.

Me: What?! I doubt that's the reason. He's probably just mad because i'm ruining his plans.

Himchan: *sighs* Well , customers are coming in so we should get ready.

 

 

 

 

Zelo asks. I don't. I don't like him. I know that deep inside but I couldn't say it. I couldn't say anything else more. I'm upset because they fought , and it's the first time i'm learning about Zelo's family problems. I just wanna go home after all these and apologize to Daehyun.  Maybe I shouldn't go on a date wth Minhyuk anymore too.

 

================================

 

School is being so lame right now.

I guess it was bad for me to go straight to school just after my vacation ended. 

I'm really lazy. Hehe.

 

Anyways , I think i'm going too fast here?

I really don't want to go to fast , so maybe i'll just have one side's feelings develop for the other first. 

I really have so much plot in mind already , I just can't add it yet because i think it's a bit too early for that.

I hope you guys will wait for it! I have lots in stored for everyone!

 

Thank you , readers and subscribers!

You are all loved <3 :)

 

-dorobbongie :3