A home is where the heart is.

Relationship Status: Married?

--Your POV--

 

It's been a week since our encounter with Junhyung , since then , it's been really quiet. It was hard getting used to live with Daehyun for the first 2-3 days but I didn't expect to get used to it this fast. We'd always end up teasing each other. I guess it is easier to get to know someone once you start living with them. He's blunt but he's really caring and like what the oppas said , he's been taking care of me even if he's busy with his own work. I have to go to school the next 2 days. Yongguk oppa has been offering me to work at the bar for a while for experience. I wanna take the job but Daehyun seems to not want me to. Today , we went to the shopping district. I told him I needed to go out to buy some school supplies and he insisted on coming with me.

 

 

 

 

Daehyun: Do you have everything you need?

Me: I can't find a triangular scale.

Daehyun: What's that?

Me: It's like a triangle ruler. It has 3 rulers in one and it shaped like a triangle if you look at its side.

Daehyun: Do you really need that? 

Me: *nods* It's a basic thing to have! I still need a drawing board and a T-square too.

Daehyun: You sure do need a lot.

Me: Yeah ... *looks in my wallet* I may not have enough to buy it all though.

Daehyun: What's wrong?

Me: The allowance I got from the school for school materials isn't enough. It's too expensive. *sighs* Maybe I should just buy a triangular scale and a T-square some other time.

Daehyun: But I thought you needed those?

Me: I'll just explain it to the teacher later. Maybe they have some there I could borrow.

Daehyun: I'll buy it for you.

Me: What? Y-you don't have to. It's ok.

Daehyun: If it's something you need , you can't go to school without it.

Me: No. You can't! That's too much. 

Daehyun: I'm buying it even if you say no. Don't play stubborn girl with me. We wouldn't buy it if you don't need it.

Me: You really don't have to.

Daehyun: Why?

Me: Because ........

Daehyun: What?

Me: You've been doing so much for me. I don't know how I should pay you back.

Daehyun: I'm not asking you to pay me back because you're already doing something for me. No one in their right mind would agree to pretend to be married , right? And you don't have to act like you're meek and reserved.

Me: I'm not acting like i'm meek and reserved!!

Daehyun: Doesn't matter.

Me: You really don't have to. You're basically paying for my living expenses right now. I don't wanna add up to your burden. I'm fine without it. I could buy a regular ruler first.

Daehyun: Just shut up and let's ask for those things to get this over with. I wanna go home.

 

 

 

 

 

 

He quickly went to the counter and asked for the things I needed. I really didn't want him to buy me anything. He's already doing so much for me and i'm just adding to his expenses , yet he still insists on spending for me. I don't want to get used to relying everything on him. He acts like he doesn't care but he probably does. He's always been like this. I don't know to pay him back for everything. I refuse to get help from Yongguk oppa if he doesn't let me do anything , like work for it , but Daehyun has always helped me ever since we met. He doesn't even let me do anything. He's really kind to a total stranger. After he bought my materials , we headed on our way home. He was holding all of the shopping bags , like what he did last time with my luggage.

 

 

 

 

 

Me: Those are heavy.

Daehyun: I know.

Me: Want me to help?

Daehyun: It's fine.

Me: I shouldn't let you carry my things. Let me carry those.

Daehyun: I said it's ok.

Me: Thank you.

Daehyun: For what?

Me: Everything. I don't know how to thank you even better. You're already doing so much for me. We've only known each other for more than a week.

Daehyun: I already told you , it's you who's doing me a favor. This isn't enough compared to what you're doing for me.

 

 

 

 

 

He said , without looking back at me. He's really bossy but he's been nothing but nice to me. I don't even feel like i'm doing anything for him but he makes a big deal out of me pretending to be his wife. Ever since our last encounter with Junhyung , we haven't faced a situation where Daehyun and I had to pretend to be married. Does he really need me to pretend to be his wife? I don't feel like he has that big problem. I can't keep relying on him. I have to do something , this isn't only for me but for him too. I can't rely everything I need on him. I have to say it! Say it! Say it like you mean it and you won't take no for an answer!

 

 

 

 

 

Me: Daehyun , will you please let me work at the bar?

Daehyun: No.

Me: Come on! Yongguk oppa wants to help. I wouldn't feel comfortable receiving money from him without doing anything.

Daehyun: You can't work at the bar because Junhyung comes there. What if he does something? I can't keep and eye on you , i'll be at school.

Me: Yongguk oppa and Himchan oppa promised to look over me , especially when Junhyung is around.

Daehyun: He's not the only one. What if other guys come at you?! You'd be all weak and defenseless again.

Me: I can handle myself!! Really!

Daehyun: If you have that much time to work then just study!

Me: Please ...?

Daehyun: No.

Me: At least think about it. I'm becoming a burden to you. I don't think I can keep living with you when I have that thought in my head!

Daehyun: You're not a burden , ok?

Me: ...

Daehyun: *sighs* If it'll make you feel better , fine. I'll think about it.

Me: Really?! Thank you!!!!

Daehyun: Hey. I said i'll think about it , I didn't say yes.

Me: I just have to convince you that i'll be fine! You don't have to be so worried about me.

Daehyun: *blushes* I-i'm not worried about you! I'm worried Junhyung might discover what our real relationship is!

Me: *smirks* Whatever you say.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I started skipping ahead of him like a little girl in victory. He's always denying that he's worried about me when he actually is. Even if I was hesitant about living with him at first , now I feel like i'm the luckiest girl to get to live with someone like him but if I say this to him ... He'll probably tease me and tell me not to fall in love with him or something. I hope he lets me work though. Yongguk oppa said I can come in and out of work everytime I want so I can still study that way. It wouldn't be too much of a burden but of course I wanna work my hardest. As I was having these thoughts in my head , Daehyun ran next to me and started to speaqk up , which made me stop skipping.

 

 

 

 

 

Daehyun: Can I ask something?

Me: You want to ask ME something?

Daehyun: We can't always be talking about me , I have to get to know my wife better too.

Me: My wife ....

Daehyun: So , can I?

Me: *nods*

Daehyun: Why did you wanna be an architect? I was just curious.

Me: I don't know. I never thought about it.

Daehyun: You just randomly chose to take up architecture?

Me: I really don't know. But when I realized I wanted to be an architect , I wanted to give my parents a better place to live in.

Daehyun: A better place?

Me: *nods* Maybe I chose it because I've always been fond of drawing ever since. I would draw big houses , a house i'd want to live in. But then I realized , a house is not just about how big it is. The important thing is about how you feel when you're in it. 

Daehyun: How you feel? What do you mean?

Me: If you're comfortable or not. If you're happy or not. A big house isn't as great as they think it is if you're not happy in it. I promised to give my parents a better place to live in. A place where they can be comfortable and happy. I want to be the one to create that place for us. Maybe for other people too.

Daehyun: A better place ......

Me: Also , when I get married , I want to design what house i'll be living in with my own family. I want to live in a place where I know i'll be happy. Where my family will be happy. The house you live in is important. You have to feel at home in it , a home is where your heart is.

Daehyun: Then what type of house do you want to live in?

Me: Just a normal one ... Maybe i'll add some things in that my husband and I would like but I basically want it to be normal.

Daehyun: *smirks* Will you even get married?!

Me: Y-yah! Look who's talking! The guy who forced me to marry him!!

Daehyun: *covers my mouth* Don't yell! Idiot!

Me: *mumbles*?!

Daehyun: Shut up!!

Me: *mumbles* *mumbles*

 

 

 

 

 

He's mad?! He's the one who called me an idiot! After I tried to calm down , he released my mouth. He looked pretty mad. I should be mad! I was being serious here and he ruins my thunder?! That's kinda unfair ... well , I did ruin his thunder when I said he was worried but , that's not really ruining his thunder because he really is worried! He's just hiding it. Uggh. It's so hard to get along with him.

 

 

 

 

 

Daehyun: Don't yell things out like that! What if someone hears?!

Me: You started it!

Daehyun: Don't be too loud! If someone hears , we're gonna get in trouble! 

Me: Sorry ... You're the one who called me an idiot!!

Daehyun: Are you not?!

Me: What?!!

Daehyun: Ok. I'm sorry. I don't wanna fight. Just shut up.

Me: I hate you!

Daehyun: I love you too!

Me: W-what?!

Daehyun: They say 'the more you hate , the more you love’’!

Me: W-what?!

Daehyun: They say 'the more you hate , the more you love’’!

Me: T-then ... I love you too!

Daehyun: I love you too!

Me: C-can we stop?

Daehyun: This is fun. You're not taking it too seriously though , aren't you?

Me: W-what are you saying?

Daehyun: I was just joking!

Me: I was just going along!! I really do hate you!

Daehyun: Oh really? *sarcastic*

Me: Hmp. Whatever. *pouts*

Daehyun: Why are you pouting? Disappointed it was just a joke?!

Me: No! Of course not! I just don't know how to deal with you. It's tiring. You're mean.

Daehyun: That's because i'm your husband.

Me: But hey ... you know ...

Daehyun: What?

Me: Another thing important about a house is the people you live with. At first I was uneasy about living with you but then it went away so fast. Thank you for welcoming me and taking care of me. I feel more at ease around you now than before.

Daehyun: *blushes* I ... I feel the same way. But it's only a customary to treat my guest well and make her feel comfortable during her stay.

Me: Daehyun , It's been a week , you said i'll only pretend for a while. How long is 'for a while' exactly?

Daehyun: Until they believe us. Junhyung still doesn't believe so i'm sure they don't believe us yet. Why? Don't you want to anymore?

Me: *shakes head* I wanna help you until you solve your problems.

Daehyun: Thanks but ... * my hair* It's only starting. If you think you're not doing anything , it's only just begun.

Me: *eyes widen*

Daehyun: What?

Me: Y-you're my hair.

Daehyun: There was something stuck there.

Me: I-is it gone?

Daehyun: Yeah ...

Me: T-thanks ...

 

 

 

 

 

But why is he still my hair?! My heart is racing faster and faster. I can feel my face burning red. Why am I feeling like this?! But my body can't seem to push him away. Do I like this?! Uggh! Why is he acting like this?!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Daehyun: We seem like we're married , right?

Me: Y-yeah ... Oh. By the way , i'm sorry about last time. I didn't know what to do. When Junhyung's around , I get tensed. I don't know what to say. I'm scared I might say something wrong that'll make him suspect more.

Daehyun: That's why I don't want you to work at the bar.

Me: I don't wanna rely on you forever so I have to help myself , right?

Daehyun: I already said i'll think about it.

Me: But with what you're saying , it sounds like you don't want to.

Daehyun: Let's go to the bar to visit the guys. I need to get something to drink.

Me: Beer in the afternoon?!

Daehyun: You don't care about what I drink in the afternoon.

 

 

 

 

 

He stopped my hair and walked off , leaving me behind. I ran after him. I guess he's just being nice. I shouldn't take his actions the wrong way. He already made it clear that he doesn't like me and I don't even like him anyways. It's usually like this though. Because i'm living in one roof with him , i've gotten to know him even better. A house is important for a family , it's a place where you develop a relationship with them. A house is not a home if you're not happy in it and I can't deny that i'm actually happy living with Daehyun because he doesn't treat me like a stranger even if we're complete strangers to each other. I just don't wanna get used to this because sooner or later , I have to leave his place and my own life.

 

 

--Daehyun's POV--

 

 

My expenses have gone up lately but i'm not saying she's a burden. I can't have Junhyung find out our marriage is fake or else , i'd be forced to marry Juyeon again. It's only just begun. Our pretend marriage is far from ending at this phase. We arrived at the bar and only Yongguk hyung and Youngjae are there. Shouldn't Youngjae be at work? Unlike me , who has the weekends off because there's no school on the weekends , Youngjae goes to the cafe to work everyday.

 

 

 

 

 

Youngjae: Mr. and Mrs. Jung are here! What a surprise!!

Me: I'm still Bang Soomin , you know!

Daehyun: What are you doing here , Youngjae? Don't you have work?

Youngjae: It's my day-off today so I came by to help around. I'm singing tonight!

Daehyun: I bet lots of people would come then. Where are the others?

Yongguk: Himchan and Jongup went to get some of the instruments. My friends borrowed them. Zelo's in school.

Daehyun: I told you to get the instruments back as soon as your friends finished using them.

Me: Zelo's in school on a weekend?

Youngjae: He was flunking in Math so he needed an extra class. He's really determined to pass it so he asked for extra classes himself. He'll be out in about 30 minutes so he should be here soon.

Daehyun: Why don't you two help him?

Yongguk: We do that but he wants to learn more. We can't teach him everything because we're all busy working. We still send 2 kids to school you know.

Me: If he needs help in Math , I can help him.

Daehyun: Are you even good in Math?!

Me: O-of course I am!

Yongguk: He'd be really happy to hear that from you. He talks about no one else but you all the time.

Me: Eh?!

Youngjae: It seems like our maknae has a little crush on you. *walks over and pinches Soomin's cheeks* But I don't blame him! You're so adorable!

Me: L-let go! *pushes his hands away*

Daehyun: Adorable? You must have bad eyesight. Who'd have a crush on her?!

Me: Hey! You're being rude!

Daehyun: I'm only saying the truth.

Youngjae: Now now. Don't start a lovers' quarrel here.

Yongguk: Hey Daehyun , have you considered letting Soomin work here? Since we're having a gig tonight , we could really use some extra help.

Daehyun: What about Junhyung?

Yongguk: He wouldn't make a move when we're around.

Youngjae: Come on! If you really want to , you can join us so you can watch over Soomin too!

Daehyun: I'm a teacher , i'm not allowed to take part times in places like these.

Youngjae: Oh come on , we won't pay you.

Daehyun: Wow. That's a WONDERFUL OFFER. *sarcastic*

Me: Daehyun. I wanna help. Please let me. If everything goes well tonight , you'll let me work. Ok? I'll make sure everything goes well.

 

 

 

 

 

They kept trying to convince me. If Junhyung sees her working , he'll suspect but I don't want her to keep thinking she's a burden. Even if hyung is offering to help her financially , she's thinking about Zelo and the others. Yongguk hyung is basically raising Zelo now , after getting abandoned. Plus , like he said , they're still sending Zelo and Jongup to school. She didn't want to bother Yongguk with her issues anymore and she wants to work for what she's getting. They all looked at me with pleading eyes , I had no choice but to sigh and nod. They all celebrated with cheers after I nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Youngjae: Finally! You're such an over-protective husband. Why don't you marry her for real?

Daehyun: Don't be crazy!

Me: I promise to work my hardest! You won't regret it.

Daehyun: But i'm staying here too , to keep an eye on you. We're not sure if Junhyung hyung would come or not.

Me: Thanks!

Yongguk: Come on , Soomin! I'll teach you everything you need to know. Let's get out of here before he changes his mind.

Me: Y-yes oppa!

 

 

 

 

 

Soomin and Yongguk hyung went to the back. He's probably gonna teach her about the drinks she'd have to bring when someone orders. I looked at Soomin as she was chasing Yongguk hyung until she was completely gone from my sight. I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked over to Youngjae.

 

 

 

 

 

Youngjae: How does it feel?

Daehyun: How does what feel?

Youngjae: To be married! It must be nice , having a wife.

Daehyun: It's tiring , I do all the cooking and stuff. Now I kinda don't wanna get married for real.

Youngjae: You seem to be getting along well to me.

Daehyun: We're not getting along at all.

Youngjae: Don't be too hard on Soomin. If you kindly ask her , i'm sure she can do her share of work at home and I'm pretty sure you make it look like it's ok and command her around not to help you. You probably always tell her to shut up too. 

Daehyun: I do not!

Youngjae: I'm your best friend! I should know!

Daehyun: It's not like i'm complaining about her not helping with that. I don't mind cooking.

Youngjae: Well , she wants to help , you should at least let her. You know , she looked hesitant at first but I could see in her eyes now that she's determined to help you.

Daehyun: I know. She already told me that.

Youngjae: You're not usually a bully to girls but you're so different around her. Do you like her?

Daehyun:*blushes* W-what are you saying?! I don't! I'd never like someone like her! 

Youngjae: You didn't have to be too defensive!! But why are you blushing?

Daehyun: I-i'm not! Compared to the girls I dated ...... she's not even worth comparing to them.

Youngjae: Yeah. Because they're all s and Soomin is an angel.

Daehyun: What? Are you saying I only dated s?!

Youngjae: I was kidding man! You're too serious! But hey! Daehyun , is it possible for you to fall in love with Soomin?

Daehyun: What?! I've only known her for a week , but I know she's not my type.! I told you i'd never like someone like her! I'm sure I wouldn't.

Youngjae: When you say it like that , I actually believe you!

Daehyun: Because it's the truth.

Youngjae: Whatever you say.

Daehyun: I wouldn't choose her if I'd end up falling for her.

Youngjae: You chose her because you had no choice.

Daehyun: I chose her because Yongguk hyung has something over her and he pretty much can tell her anything. She wouldn't be too much of a pain in the neck. Plus , I chose her because we're benefitting from each other.

Youngjae: *smirks* Benefitting?! What kind of benefits do you two get from each other?!

Daehyun: Y-you and your dirty mind! Aish!!! Go! J-just get me some beer! It's no use talking to you!!

 

 

 

 

 

I wouldn't like her like that! Though , her company has made me feel at ease and I've been looking forward to coming home lately , knowing that someone is waiting for me. I forced her into this fake marriage and now she's getting involved in my problem. Youngjae is just exaggerating things. Liking her would just result into more trouble for her. She's far from my type , i'm sure I wouldn't like her. I just need her for my plans. That's all there is. Liking her is not a part of it.

 

 

--Your POV--

 

After Yongguk oppa taught me everything I had to know , I took out the trash while Daehyun and the others cook snacks for us. I should help Yongguk oppa after all he's done for me. I went to the nearby dumpster and after throwing the trash out , I went on my way back to the bar. Just as I was getting near the front door , I saw a girl standing near it. It's like she's waiting for someone. I'm sure it's none of my business so I just left her alone but , before I could enter the door , I heard her call me out.

 

 

 

 

Girl: Hey. *walks near me* Are you Bang Soomin?

Me: *hesitantly nods* Y-yeah. Do I know you?

Girl: *looks at me from head to toe* What exactly did he see in you?

Me: Excuse me?

Girl: Are you really married to Daehyun?!

Me: Y-yes but ... Who are you?

Girl: I don't believe it! Oppa doesn't so I don't! I'll prove it!

 

 

 

 

Then she ran off. 'Oppa doesn't so I don't!'? ... Could that be Yoon Juyeon?! W-what is she doing here then?! Did she come to spy on me and Daehyun? I hope I didn't say anything wrong. I stood there , watching her disappear as she runs off , when I felt someone tap my shoulder! Who--?

 

 

=====================================

 

Sorry it took me so long to update.

Busy in school.

Unlike normal people , I have classes on weekends too. 

My college is weird , right? (-_-)

 

Anyways , I hope you enjoyed this chapter. 

I will again to update as soon as I can!

My schedule is not good for my body but i'll try my best to update soon!

 

B.A.P ONE SHOT HWAITING!


Himchan , get well soon!

We miss you like crazy!! :3

Thank you readers and subscriber! :3

 

-dorobbongie :3