Don't ever leave me.

Relationship Status: Married?

--Youngjae's POV--


Everyone has been really stressed nowadays, so we decided to go out and have the picnic. We needed to relax, and it'll be more fun with everyone around. We decided to go Han-gang riverside park, which is right next to the Han River, because we know it's the best place since we have a baby with us. We left for the Han Park early in the morning, so we could have lunch there. It gets really packed. When we arrived, the Yongguk hyung, Himchan hyung and Daehyun started setting up the tent, while the maknaes were bringing the food and the other stuff we brought after fixing the mat. I went to Soomin, as she takes Mingguk walking around on his baby walker. He was walking around and waving his arms energetically. He's a kid with full spirits.




Youngjae: He looks so happy!
Me: Yeah! He seems really excited to walk. Too bad I might not see him take his first baby steps.
Youngjae: Yeah. All of us would want to see that too, but i'm sure the next time we see him, he'll be running to us!
Me: *smiles* I hope so. It's so nice for you to think about going on a picnic. It's such a great day.
Youngjae: Yeah. You probably needed to relax after yesterday.
Me: We weren't there for that long, so I only had to take it all in for a while. It wasn't that bad. But wait, shouldn't you be helping them?
Youngjae: They can handle it.
Me: Yesterday, Daehyun and I went to his parents' grave after the memorial service was over. 
Youngjae: So, it was just the two of you there? He didn't mention that.
Me: Yeah. He talked to his parents almost like he's usually doing it. Then he introduced me to them.
Youngjae: As his wife? *smiles*
Me: No! Of course not! He introduced me as the 'girl helping him out'.
Youngjae: You don't sound pretty happy.
Me: It's not about that! I just realized that I don't know anything about his parents, but I could see how much he misses them.
Youngjae: He really doesn't like talking about them, because his last moments with them are probably his worst nightmares.
Me: What do you mean?
Youngjae: He kept blaming himself for why they died. I want to tell you, but it's better if it comes from him.
Me: I understand that. I'm not sure I want to ask though.
Youngjae: If there's anyone who can help him out of that thought, it's you. I'm sure he would tell you, if you ask. You can't say you're married to this man if you don't know that most important part of him.
Me: I guess you're right. Has he ever taken you guys, or many anyone else to his parents?
Youngjae: We visit them together occassionally, but I don't think he's ever taken anyone alone. You two are so cute!
Me: Y-youngjae! He just took me because I was already there. I'm sure it didn't mean anything to him!
Youngjae: *sighs* Someday you'll understand.
Daehyun: Hey! Youngjae! We need your help! Don't just slack off!
Youngjae: Looks like your prince is mad. I need to go help them.
Me: *nods*

 


 

Typically, the jealous Daehyun called me over, pretending that he needs helps when I can clearly see that they're done setting up. Sometimes i wish I could just bump their heads together. In their situation, it's not impossible to start developing feelings for one another. It's what I see, they just don't see it for themselves yet, or at least they don't want to admit it. Or maybe I just ship them too much? 

--Soomin's (Your) POV--

I wonder why Daehyun would blame himself for his parents' death. I want to ask, but I don't know if I should. Mingguk looks like he's having fun in his baby walker. He's laughing and very energetic. It's hard to believe this kid is kinda in the same situation as Daehyun and Zelo, only he has his mom. I'm glad his mom is there to give him all the love that his father can't give. I went down on my knees and called for Mingguk to come to me, but he was going on another direction that was a little to my side. When I looked over there, I saw Daehyun almost behind. Mingguk went straight to him.

 


Daehyun: Woah! Hey there! Don't run around just anywhere.
Me: Daehyun! Do you need something? Do you need help?
Daehyun: No. Youngjae told me you said you needed some help with Mingguk.
Me: Huh? I didn't say that.
Daehyun: Really? That Youngjae is just--- *stomps back*
Me: N-no! *holds his arm* It's alright. We could use some company anyway. 
Daehyun: O-ok ... *looks at his arm*
Me: *looks at Dae's arm* O-oh! S-sorry. I didn't mean to.
Daehyun: I-it's okay. Uhh ... Let's take Mingguk over there, near the riverside. I'll carry him, you carry his walker, then we'll put him back in that so he can walk around.
Me: Should we just leave without telling them?
Daehyun: We left our things there. I'm sure they wouldn't think we ran off. Plus, they'll probably just call us when they need us.
Me: Is it gonna be okay to bring him there?
Daehyun: There are rails around! He's not gonna fall! 

 

 


Daehyun carried Mingguk and played with him as they go. He looks so happy, as he sees Mingguk smiling and giggling. He's going to be a great dad someday. I'm sure of that. Before I get left behind, I quickly ran next to Daehyun.

The riverside was beautiful. There was still not that much people here, so it's great. The air was very fresh, and the breeze felt great on your skin. Daehyun was carrying Mingguk as he points out various things to the baby, making him giggle. It was the prettiest sight i've ever seen. They look like a real father and son. After a while, we sat down on a nearby bench and placed Mingguk back in his walker. He held Mingguk's hands as he tries to walk around. He just looks so happy, and it seems like Mingguk just smiles and giggles at everything Daehyun does. Even I can't help but smile. He's not even moving around, even when Daehyun lets go, he just keeps walking towards Daehyun. A little while later, an older lady came towards us.

 


Lady: My! What an adorable baby!
Daehyun: Hear that Mingguk? She said you're adorable!
Mingguk: *giggles*
Lady: Aigoo. He's a very energetic baby! I'm sure he'll grow up with such a bright smile and make others happy with it, because he has such great parents taking care of him.
Me: H-huh?
Lady: You're lucky your husband loves to play with the baby, and it looks like the baby likes him too. That means he's doing a good job as a father! You look like you're an happy family. I hope you continue raising him with your bright smiles.
Me: T-thank you. W-we will, right?
Daehyun: ... Right. We promise.
Lady: That's great. It's great to be young. I hope you cherish every moment together.  *kneels to Mingguk's height* Don't stress out your parents too much. They're great people. 

 

 


The lady stood up and left. Now I can feel my cheeks burning again. Weren't we already mistaken as Mingguk's parents before? I feel like it ... but it's still weird. When we're trying to act like a married couple, it just doesn't feel like we're doing it right ... but when we're just being our normal selves, everyone thinks we are what we're married. I looked at Daehyun, and he was slightly blushing too, but he just tried brushing it off and played with Mingguk again. How come it's so easy when we're not trying so hard? 
 

 


Me: It's weird ... isn't it?
Daehyun: What?
Me: We get mistaken as a couple when we're not trying, yet we have to try so hard for those people who we want to believe ... and it seems like it's still not working.
Daehyun: To be honest, even when we don't have to pretend, i'm kinda getting used to having you around. It just feels like you've always been there. I guess i'm used to the idea of having you as my wife now more than before.
Me: If you say stuff like that in front of the guys, they'll tease us again!
Daehyun: They're not here though.
Me: Maybe the reason we're not so believable is because i'm not trying hard enough to get used to having you as my husband. I feel the same way, about getting used to having you around ... it's just ... I can't act as a convincing wife.
Daehyun: I can't really blame you. I mean, I'm sure the way I treat you isn't how a husband is supposed to treat his wife, that's why you can't get used to the idea. Maybe that's why you can't get used to me, but you know ... it just feels like that. It just feels like you'll always be there with me. I'm just so used to your presence now. Maybe that's what the other people are seeing, that we're so used to each other without even trying. *smiles* I bet it'll be weird not having you around anymore.
Me: Me too. I think it'll be hard to get used to not having you around anymore ... but it's something I have to try and get used to once I leave.
Daehyun: Huh? What do you mean 'leave'?
Me: Well, I can't stay with you forever after this all ends, right? Then ...
Daehyun: ...
Me: *sighs* Daehyun, even if I can't stay with you forever ... I just want you to know that i'll be here as long as you need me to be. *holds his hand* I'll always be here for you, like what I said to your parents. I promised them.
Daehyun: Soomin ...
Me: I promised you that i'll help you. As long as you still need me, i'll be here. Living with you has been great, so far. It's not everyday a girl gets involved in such a messed up situation, but it's actually kind of nice. I mean, getting to know you and everyone else is nice, even if it's through something as weird as this. I'll cherish every moment we get to spend together.

 

 


Daehyun took my hand, that I was using to hold his, and we just looked at each other, almost as if we were talking with words. I still don't understand why I want to cry when I think of the fact that whatever Daehyun and I have now is only temporary. Am I falling for him? ... That's impossible! I can't be falling for him. I can't! We agreed that we can't! The reason he chose me was because he was positive he'll never fall in love with me. If i'm the one who ends up falling for him, i'll end up getting hurt. I can't tell what he wants to say. I can't read his eyes or his expression at all.

--Daehyun's POV--

I never thought about it, the fact that she has to leave after all this is over. I can't keep her with me forever, I just forced her into this whole situation in the first place! Why? Why does it hurt to think that she's not going to be right there one day? Maybe Youngjae was right ... Maybe I am having feelings for her. No. I can't be. I'll only end up hurting her. I can't do that to her ... Maybe i'm just confusing my feelings with something else. I can't even tell what she's thinking, even when i'm looking at her straight in the eye. Maybe she wants to leave. Maybe she wants this whole situation to end soon. Eventually, all my thoughts were haulted when we heard our names being called from a far.

 

 


Jongup: Daehyun hyung~! Soomin noona~! We're going to eat lunch soon! Come back~~~!
Daehyun: SHUT UP! ... He's so loud.
Me: ... Let's go back?
Daehyun: Yeah. I'll just carry Mingguk again.
Me: *nods*

 

 


We didn't really talk about what happened after that. We tried to just shake it off for now, and act normal in front of everyone. Even so, I don't think I can take this conversation off of my head for the entire day.

--Your POV--

Maybe I shouldn't have said those things to Daehyun. We're acting pretty normal, but when he's not talking and starts to get really quiet, it's like his mind is going somewhere that's far from here. I don't want to assume that it's about me, but he wasn't like that before I said anything. I tried to not worry too much about it for now, and just try to have fun in the picnic. We ate and talked about a lot of random things. They're really open to telling stories about themselves. They're not afraid to speak their minds at all, especially if it's embarrassing stories about the others.

 



Himchan: Then, I ended up doing all the chores myself! It was really frustrating.
Youngjae: You know hyung, the reason we don't do our chores as soon as you tell us to is because you get so impatient and end up doing them yourself.
Himchan: Really? Do I do that?
Daehyun: All the time. That's why you're the mom.
Himchan: Who are you calling a "mom"?!
Daehyun: You. Is there anyone else here that's a mom?
Himchan: Yeah. Soomin is.
Me: Huh?
Himchan: You're Mingguk's mom, and Daehyun's the dad!
Daehyun: Hyung! *blushes*
Himchan: What? Why are you blushing?!
Youngjae: Technically, that is true.
Me: I don't want to be involved in whatever you're talking about.
Yongguk: Well, now that we're talking about it, when's his mom coming back?
Me: I still don't know. She calls often to ask about Mingguk, and she also says she's getting busies everyday. It's really tough to be a successful professional and a full-time mom at the same time.
Yongguk: I heard it's getting tougher in school too, are you sure you can handle taking care of a kid?
Me: It's not that hard. He just sleeps when we have him. I'm more embarrassed I keep giving him to you guys while i'm at school. I was the one who was supposed to take care of him, but i'm just giving that responsibility to you.
Himchan: Hey now. Don't say it like that, we like taking care of Mingguk.
Daehyun: Yeah. Don't say that. We're always here to help you when you need us.
Me: I know. I feel the same way.
Youngjae: Yeah. After you were forced to marry Daehyun, what could be the worst thing you'll ask from us?
Daehyun: Shut up, Youngjae.
Youngjae: It's not like someone's here to spy on you.
Daehyun: You never know. Wherever we are, no matter what the situation is, Soomin is my wife.
Himchan: Wo-ho-ho! Someone's getting too serious!
Youngjae: Aww. Daehyun, you're so sweet.
Himchan: Mingguk, aren't your parents cute?
Mingguk: *laughs*
Himchan: See! He agrees!
Zelo: Noooooooo! Noona is mine!
Youngjae: Zelo, no one ships you with Soomin!
Zelo: T-that's not true! I do! I ship me and noona!

 

 


The rest of the day went on just like that. After every conversation, they would tease us, then go talk about something else ... and do it all over again. Though it was a simple picnic, it was pretty fun to just relax and talk, without having to worry about anything. We decided to head back home before the sun sets. We all have something to do the next day. The guys dropped me, Daehyun and Mingguk off at the train station. They insisted to drive us home, but Daehyun said they don't have to bother.

--Daehyun's POV--

Himchan hyung was driving us on our way home, but I decided to just have them drop us off the train station near our place, and we'll just walk from there.

 


Himchan: You should just let us drive you to your house, Daehyun. Mingguk's already asleep.
Daehyun: I knew that was gonna happen, that's why I brought his stroller along. You just take his walker with you. I'm sure he'll use it at your place tomorrow.
Himchan: Well, if that's what you want. I just don't get it though.
Daehyun: If you drop us off our place, you're going to have to drive around the neighborhood just to get out. You know it's full of one-way streets. Plus, I need to drop by somewhere.
Himchan: It's not really trouble at all, if we have to go around. If you're going somewhere, you should just have us drop off Soomin and Mingguk to your house.
Daehyun: I need Soomin with me, okay?!
Himchan: But she's tired!
Me: It's okay, oppa.
Youngjae: Hyung. Just let them go. 
Himchan: Fine. I bet Daehyun just wants to keep Soomin to himself.
Daehyun: Shut up.
Me: Too bad I can't say goodbye to Zelo and Jongup. They're both asleep.
Himchan: We'll just tell them we already dropped you off.
Yongguk: Can we just go? Let's switch. I want to drive.
Himchan: You still don't have a license!
Yongguk: It's just around the corner! Come on!
Himchan: Fine! But if we get pulled over, I won't cover for you.
Youngjae: Bye guys. Be careful on your way home.
Me: You too!

 



Finally. After all the argument, they finally left! I haven't told Soomin yet, but I was actually planning on taking her to the nearby park for a while. Youngjae told me about Soomin getting curious about my parents, so I thought maybe we needed some alone time to talk about it. It's not that I feel obligated to tell her, I just wanted to. I feel like I can just blurt my feelings out to her. It just feels different, if it's her. Home didn't seem like the perfect place to do so.

--Soomin's (Your) POV--

Daehyun took me to the park near his place. I don't know why we're there, and he hasn't said a word since. We just sat down a bench ... and nothing else was said. It was getting dark, so I knew I had to break the silence.

 

 


Me: So ... what are we doing here? Are you meeting someone?
Daehyun: No. No. I just ... I wanted to talk.
Me: Talk about what?
Daehyun: ... I brought you to my parent's grave, but then I realized that I never told you anything about them.
Me: I understand if you can't talk about them, it's fine.
Daehyun: I want to tell you. About them. It's not because I think I have to, I just want to.
Me: Daehyun ...
Daehyun: My parents were very simple people. Simple things made them happy, and they taught me to appreciate everything, no matter what the price is. I never felt like I needed any material things like toys and such, because they were always there trying to play with me. I couldn't think of any sad moment during my childhood. One time I fell while trying to learn how to ride a bike, and got a really big scar. Even though it hurt so bad, and I was crying like a baby, my parents tried all they could to make me feel better. Just having them there made me feel relief. They made me so happy. It was like their life revolved around me. I don't remember a single moment without them. They gave me everything that made me happy, so I asked them one day "What makes mom and dad happy?". You know what they said? They said just seeing me happy makes them happy.

 



Daehyun's tears were starting to form as he tells his story, but before they any could fall, he already started wiping them away from his eyes. I took Daehyun's hand, which made him stop for a while to look at me, and I smiled at him. I wanted to assure him that it was okay. He took my hand and held it tight, and went back to his story.
 

 


Daehyun: So ... basically, my childhood was the best memory of my life I have. My dad's brother, my stepfather now, became more successful in life compared to my dad. He was really smart, and was able to start his own business. It became what it is now because of him. He wasn't very close to my dad, but he always tried to help when he can. He was very proud though. He was too proud of the fact that he became the most successful one out of everyone in the family. We weren't really close when I was a kid too. He barely gave a damn about me. Don't even get me started on his wife. She's too proud of herself for no reason at all. So anyway, when I was younger I joined a kid's soccer team. My mom would take me to practices every week. I just moved in Seoul at around the time I joined that team. That's where I met Yongguk hyung and Youngjae. We weren't really close then. In fact, I liked keeping the ball to myself and away from them. We attended the same school at some time, and I got to know them. So, one day, our soccer had a match against another kid's team from another district. My parents were both there to support me. Cheering for me. Giving me water when I was thirsty. It felt great to play, and I really tried my best. In the end, we won! It was a great feeling. My mom and dad kept telling me how proud they were of me, and my mom kept hugging me. My dad drove us on our way home. We were talking about how great the game was, my mom was sitting on the passenger's seat with me while Dad drove us home. She promised to make me all my favorite foods. It was great. I was so excited ... but then it happened.
 

 


After telling his story about getting in the soccer team, and everything else cheerfully, he suddenly stopped. His grip on my hand got tighter. I could feel his hand shaking, as he looks down on the ground. His cheerfulness went away in an instant.

 



Daehyun: ... I didn't know exactly what happened, but when my dad was going left, we suddenly heard a loud noise. They said the light was green on our side, but someone from the other way was driving over the speed limit and ... it all happened in an instant. They said my dad tried to turn and get out of his way, but it was all just too sudden. All I remember is ... my mom hugged me really tightly. After that ... the car crashed onto something and rolled around ... some parts of my body were hitting the sides, but my mom protected my head really well. Something cut my arm, and I remember just crying after all that rolling ended. My mom was already unconcious ... I tried waking her up but ... she wouldn't. I couldn't remember everything clearly anymore. I just know someone pulled me out, and I kept looking for my mom and dad as I cried. After a couple of days in the hospital ... they just told me my parents were gone. If ... if it wasn't for me ... if it wasn't for that game then ... then ...
 

 


The tears he was trying to hide from me, they all started pouring from his eyes in an instant. He was trying his best to stop and wipe them all away, but I guess the thought of it just couldn't help but make him cry. He was really blaming himself for what happened. I couldn't my tears from falling too. It hurts to see him cry like that, especially his reason for crying like that. Without thinking, I hugged Daehyun. I just felt like it was the right thing to do. It was what I wanted to do. He hugged me back, and silently cried. I shook my head as I was trying to comfort him, saying it's not his fault.

 

 


Me: It's not your fault. Don't ever blame yourself. 
Daehyun: It is ... that's why my life's been miserable after the accident. It was my fault. I don't deserve to be happy anymore. I don't deserved to be loved the way I was loved by them. Maybe it's better if I just died with them.
Me: No! It's not! That's not true. You didn't want any of that to happen to anyone. You were the victim here too. Don't you dare think it's your fault. I don't know exactly what happened too, but I know it's not your fault. Your parents tried to protect you that day, because they love you. Daehyun, do you think your parents will be happy if you died too? They tried to protect you in any way they possibly could. If you died, they wouldn't be happy. They want you to continue living. Even though they're not here ... you have us. You have the guys, who were always there for you ever since. And ... you have me. I'll always be here for you. We all love you. Don't you dare think about stuff like that anymore, okay? Can you promise me that?
Daehyun: Soomin ...
Me: Just don't ever think about it like that. Never. Nothing's your fault. You deserve to be happy, because you're a good person. It might not be now, but someday. You'll get that happiness you've been longing for someday. For now, we'll give you whatever we can. 

 

 


Without saying anything else, Daehyun hugged me tighter. It was tighter, but at the same time, it felt like a gentle hug too. His tensed body started to calm down, and I could just feel relief from the way he hugged me. 




Daehyun: ... I know. I know you're alway going to be there for me, and that's exactly where I want you to always be.
Me: Of course. 
Daehyun: Soomin. I hope you never leave me ... there's something I need to tell you.
Me: Hmm?
Daehyun: Soomin ... I think ... I think I lo--

 

 


Before Daehyun could continue saying what he was about to say, he was interrupted by a loud noise. 

 


===============================================================
KYAAAAAAAAH!!!
CLIFFHANGER!!!

Sorry guys. I had to end it there, because it was getting too long.

How was it? 
Did I spoil it all for everyone?
Haha. I'm sorry if I did!  

I'm also sorry if it took me longer to post this chapter.

Sorry if there are typos. I'll try to fix them some other time.

My semestral break has come
to an end, and I spent most of my remaining break time with my friends and family. 

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TODAY (November 6)!
It's also my first day of going back to school, which is kinda sad. 
It's all good though.

Well, that's all I have to say.
Please feel free to express your hate for me, for spoiling it all for you guys, in the comments! Haha. Kidding. All your comments and suggestions are well appreciated. ❤︎

Thanks for reading and supporting this fanfic! ❤︎
I'll try to update soon~

-dorobbongie ❤︎