Hello Cute Baby!

Relationship Status: Married?

--Your POV--

 

After convincing Daehyun , he went with me to Seyoung unnie's house to pick up the baby. He must be feeling so uneasy , he keeps rubbing his hands together even though it's not cold.  It's actually pretty hold out today.He kept saying "I don't know how to take care of a baby!" ever since I told him about it. We arrived at Seyoung unnie's house. He's waiting for me to press the doorbell. He still looks awfully nervous so I patted his shoulder and his hand stopped.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Me: You don't have to worry about taking care of the baby. I'll do it all.

Daehyun: Who says i'm worried about it?

Me: If you're really not , then relax!

Daehyun: I'm completely fine!

Me: Then why do you keep rubbing your hands together?

Daehyun: I .... I like rubbing my hands together.

Me: Really? *raises and eyebrow*

Daehyun: I just never held a baby before ... so I'm thinking , what if I have to hold it or stuff?

Me: If you're that nervous about seeing someone else's baby , what more when you have your own baby?

Daehyun: D-do you want a baby of your own?

Me: W-what? W-why is this suddenly about me?!

Daehyun: F-forget about it! Just get the baby so we can leave! It's so hot out here.

 

 

 

 

 

He's acting weird again , maybe because he's nervous. He would just complain about not wanting a 'noisy , little brat' around the house at home , but from the moment I started living with him , I know he just talks a lot as a defense mechanism to try and hide what he actually 'really' feels. I turned around from him to the door, as he wipes the sweat falling to from his forehead to his face , and pressed the doorbell. About a second after , the door opened!

 

 

 

 

 

Seyoung: I thought I heard voices out here! It's been a long time , Soomin!

Me: It has been , unnie. How are you?

Seyoung: I'm fine but forget about me! It's your first time in Seoul! How have you been?

Me: I'm doing great so far. I met nice people that are helping me get used to living here now.

Seyoung: That's great. Wow. You're soooo pretty! You look so different from before. Prettier!

Me: T-thank you unnie.

Seyoung: Last time I saw you , you were still a little girl playing house with Seoyeong!

Me: D-don't talk about that unnie , it's embarrassing.

Seyoung: Why? You were so cute back t-- *looks at Dae* Who is this?

Me: Oh. This is Jung Daehyun , he's my ... my ...

Daehyun: I'm her husband.

Me: E-eh?! Hey!

Seyoung: What?! You're married?! No one told me that , Soomin!

Me: N-no! It's not like that!

Seyoung: Eh? Then what is he saying?

Daehyun: Hey! You're not allowed to deny it!

Me: A-actually ... he's my fiancee! Yeah! That's right. Fiancee. He just likes to put the title in already.

Seyoung: Ohh. I see. I was terribly shocked there. I wanna know the story! Let's talk about it inside! Come. Come.

 

 

 

 

 

She gestured for me and Daehyun to come in her house. Uh-oh. What do I tell her? I can't tell her i'm married to Daehyun because she'll tell Seoyeong and Seoyeong will probably ask my parents about it. I can't tell her i'm fa'fake' married too , because if my parents find out , they'll get worried. What do I do? I have to think of something fast! She led us to the living room and , there , we saw the baby sleeping in a crib. She told us to sit down on the sofa as she gets drinks for us.. Daehyun started murmuring words at me at the most quiet way he could.

 

 

 

 

 

Daehyun: Why did you tell her i'm your fiancee?!

Me: I-i panicked! If my parents find out , i'm dead!

Daehyun: Well , now i'm the dead one!

Me: I doubt Junhyung or Juyeon would know Seyoung unnie!

Daehyun: You never know! Do you know what could happen to me?

Me: I'll fix it!

Daehyun: Do you have a plan?

Me: I'll think of something ...

Daehyun: You're so gonna get it later!

 

 

 

 

 

I need to think of something now or else ... Daehyun will get mad. She came back holding a tray with 3 tall glasses , two already filled with orange juice , and a pitcher filled with the more juice and sets it down on the coffee table.

 

 

 

 

 

Me: Thank you , you didn't have to bother though.

Seyoung: It's fine. I've prepared it even before you two got here.You two seem to get along.

Me: Not really.

Seyoung: *smiles* Do you wanna see the baby?

Me: Of course!

 

 

 

 

 

We stood up and went to the crib , where the baby is sleeping. The baby was sleeping on his side , while hugging his blanky. I looked at his face , he has really long eyelashes and his milky white skin really stands out. He looks like a cute little angel! I looked over at Daehyun , who was still sitting at the sofa , happily drinking the juice. He looks like he doesn't plan on standing up so I just looked back at the baby when Seyoung unnie started to talk.

 

 

 

 

 

Seyoung: His name is Mingguk. His father's name is Daehan , so I thought it'll be nice to name him Mingguk. (A/N: 'Daehan Mingguk' means 'South Korea') Though the reason we broke up was because we didn't get along because of some decisions he made , I don't want to take my baby's other life away from him.

Me: That's really a nice thing. I'm sure he wouldn't want a part of his life to be a secret. But if you don't mind me asking , where is his father now?

Seyoung: He went to America to continue studying and pursue his dreams. I wanted to support him , but then I found out I was pregnant. He had to make a choice if he's gonna stay with me as I go through my pregnancy with Mingguk or not. The situation is more complicated than it sounds. I can't get into details though. Let's just say that maybe me and Mingguk weren't a part of his 'dreams'.

Me: Don't you ... still love him?

Seyoung: Even if I did , he chose to go to America rather than to stay with me. I can't change anything now.

Me: ... I'm sorry for asking.

Seyoung: It's fine. It was quiet a long time ago already! Well  , forget about that. I live alone now and do work here in the living room a lot when i'm home. I get too engrossed into work , so I want to keep the baby next to my side. I should be the one who's sorry for the sudden favor. The business trip to abroad was just announced all so sudden , I didn't have time to find someone I fully trust to take care of the baby.

Me: It's fine. If it was me , I wouldn't want to leave my baby alone in a place i'm new to.

Seyoung: Exactly! But I heard you go to school so ...

Me: Oh. You know Yongguk oppa , right?! He and his friends can take care of the baby while i'm at school.

Seyoung: Really? If it's Yongguk then i'm sure my baby is in good hands.

Me: He promised to help , i'm sure the baby will be just fine.

Seyoung: So ... about you two. Where did you two meet? It's only been a while since you moved into Seoul , right? Don't tell me you just met and fell in love at first sight?

Me: Ah! N-no! It's not like that! It's actually ... uhh ...

 

 

 

 

 

No matter how much I try , I can't think of an excuse! Daehyun's gonna be mad at me , I said i'll think of something!!! I looked over at him and he looks as if he's also waiting for an answer! Uggh! Why isn't he saying anything?! I elbowed his shoulder lightly so unnie wouldn't notice. I looked at him , pleading , trying to send him signals that I need help. At first , he gave me an 'it's your fault , so fix it' face ... but after a while , he seems to have given in and thought of his own excuse.

 

 

 

 

 

Daehyun: ... I've been to Ijjak-do a couple of times. We met there.

Seyoung: Really?

Me: Y-yeah! He's a friend of Yongguk oppa.

Seyoung: Ohh ... I see. If you're a friend of Yongguk's , then I guess you can be trusted. So , Daehyun , do you live here in Seoul?

Daehyun: *nods* I was raised in Gwangju and Busan when I was younger first , but then my family moved to Seoul and I started living here permanently

Seyoung: Ahh. I see ... Soomin , where are you living now?

Me: Uhh ... with Daehyun.

Seyoung: Really?! Then , Daehyun , are you still going to school too or--?

Daehyun: I'm working as a high school teacher. I'm mostly into music, but I took minor courses for various subjects too , so I could teach other subjects.

Seyoung: I see. That must help Soomin a lot since she's studying.

Me: It's not really that hard to the point where I need help. I can still manage , somehow.

Seyoung: When's the wedding?

Me: We still have no particular date. It may take a while before we decide on when though. We just got engaged recently. It all happened so fast. Too fast , to be honest. Maybe we'll think of something in a year or two?

Daehyun: *glares at me*

Seyoung: Ohh. Looks like your fiancee doesn't like the sound of that. Does your parents know you're already engaged? Seoyeong told me your parents said you were here to study , no one said anything about you getting married.

Me: Uhh ... Well , actually ...

Seyoung: Hmm?

Me: I ... I haven't actually told them. I'm planning on telling them soon ... So , can you please keep it a secret for a while? Even to Seoyeong?

Seyoung: Sure ... But why? .... Wait. Don't tell me ...

Me: What? *panics and drinks the orange juice*

Seyoung: Are you pregnant?!

Me: *spits the orange juice out* *coughs*

Seyoung: Are you okay?!

Me: *breaths* W-WHAT?! N-no!!! I'm not pregnant! I'm just thinking of how to tell everyone myself!Yeah. Let's go with that one.

Seyoung: Ohh ...

Me: I-i'm sorry for the mess. I was just shocked. I'll clean up the mess later.

Seyoung: It's ok. It was my fault for saying something so bluntly. Well , now that we're talking about it , Daehyun ... I hope you don't get our Soomin pregnant before you actually get married.

Me: E-eh?!

Daehyun: W-what?! *blushes*

Seyoung: I got pregnant after we got engaged , but we ended up breaking up anyways. Just because you're engaged , doesn't mean you're life together is already secured.

Me: D-don't worry. I don't plan on getting pregnant for a long time just yet!

Seyoung: I sure hope not. Not until you get married for real.

Me: S-so ... what time is your flight?

Seyoung:   Oh! Thanks for reminding me! I'll be leaving in a couple of hours. I want to stay and chat more , but the cab I called is already waiting for me downstairs. Here's the spare house keys , in case you need to get something for Mingguk , you can come here anytime. You can also eat the food on the fridge or if it's not convenient for you to come home , you can stay here  when you want.

Me: Is this really ok?

Seyoung: I trust you completely. I prepared the things you'll need to take with you. Bottles , Milk , Diapers , but here's some money in case you run out. *hands an envelope* I put in a little more , in case you'll need something for yourself.

Me: N-no! It's fine!

Seyoung: Take it. You're gonna need it. He eats a lot when he's hungry. If there's anything more that you need , don't hesitate to call me.

Me: Thank you. I will. I'll take good care of Mingguk.

Seyoung: I know you will , i'll see you in a week! I'm not sure how long it's gonna be , but that's my estimated time. I'll call you a  day or two after I go home to tell you. And don't worry , your secret is safe with me. I'll act completely surprised when someone tells me about it!

 

 

 

 

 

She kissed her fingers and put it on the baby's forehead as she said her goodbyes to the sleeping child. She , then , took her suitcase from her bedroom and quickly said her goodbyes to us too. We were left in her house , just the three of us. 

 

 

 

 

 

Me: *sighs of relief* That was a tough one. I thought I was done for!!!

Daehyun: It was your fault!

Me: I panicked!!! Oh! *covers my mouth* We shouldn't make any noise! The baby is sleeping!

Daehyun: We should put tape over your mouth so you'll just shut up for good.

Me: You're the one who needs tape over your mouth.

Daehyun: Shut up. When are we going? I'm tired ... and hungry.

Me: We can't leave while the baby is still asleep. Unnie said it was fine to eat something from the fridge , want me to whip up something for us to eat?

Daehyun: I guess.

Me: Then i'll cook , you watch the baby.

Daehyun: Why do I have to watch the baby? He's sleeping.

Me: What if he wakes up while i'm cooking?

Daehyun: Then come here and take care of him.

Me: You're really gonna make me do all the work , aren't you?

Daehyun: Duh.

Me: *sigh* Fine. I wish Himchan oppa was here ... or Youngjae. He said he'll help too.

Daehyun: Why are you looking for those fools when i'm here?

Me: You said you don't wanna help!

Daehyun: Fine. I'll cook. You look after the baby.

Me: Really? It's been a while since I had your cooking!

Daehyun: Are you excited that i'm cooking or are you just complaining that you're doing all the cooking now?

Me: I-i'm not! Your cooking is just really good , so I thought it'd be nice to have some of it.

Daehyun: Will it be ok with her if I touch her things?

Me: Yeah. It'll be fine.

 

 

 

 

 

Daehyun went to the kitchen , leaving me and the baby alone. I was looking around the living room , when my eyes led me to the bookshelf. I looked at the books on the shelf , it was mostly business management books. I heard she's got a high position in her company. I saw a romance novel and pulled it out. Something was sticking out from it. I took it out and .... it was a photo of Seyoung unnie with her friends. It looks like a reunion photo. It's lively and they all look really happy. She was with her other friends , but what caught my attention was the guy hugging happily her from behind , who I assume is Daehan. He doesn't look like a bad man , and the way he's smiling while hugging her looks like he's geniunely happy to be with her ... I wonder what's the real reason he left unnie. I went on over to the baby , the photo still in my hand. It's sad to think that this baby is gonna grow up without a father. 

 

 

--Daehyun's POV--

 

The fridge here is really packed , mostly with vegetables and fruits. I could tell she makes here baby's food herself. There's not much processed baby foods here. I should take note of that when the baby's in my house already. I took some of the ground pork and beef and decided to make hamburger steak. After I finished mixing the ingredients ... it's awfully quiet. I wondered what Soomin was doing , so I put the meat aside and went to the living room. She has something in her hand and was quietly looking at the baby.

 

 

 

 

 

Daehyun: What's wrong?

Me: Oh. I didn't notice you there.

Daehyun: What's that?

Me: I found it on one of the books. It's a photo of Seyoung unnie with her friends and Daehan.

Daehyun: Daehan , you mean her ex-fiancee?

Me: *nods* Yeah. 

Daehyun: You're thinking of the baby , aren't you?

Me: How'd you know?

Daehyun: It's obvious. What's it about?

Me: I was just thinking of how his parent's actions affect him more than anyone else.

Daehyun: If the reason they broke up was because they didn't get along , then it's better that way. He'd be affected more if they were still together , arguing infront of him.

Me: That is true. But I think she still loves him.

Daehyun: What are you talking about?

Me: She said that even if she still loves him , she can't do anything anymore. Maybe she still loves him. She named her son after something close to his name and all too.

Daehyun: Hey. It's none of our business. All we're here for is to take care of the baby. And if Daehan is in America , we can't do anything. It's their problem. 

Me: ...

Daehyun: Don't look so down. You're really just too nice , aren't you?

Me: Huh? Why is it suddenly about that?

Daehyun: You already care about Mingguk when it's your first time meeting him.

Me: He's a baby. Of course i'd worry.

Daehyun: He's still lucky that he has his mother with him.

Me: Unnie's really doing her best for Mingguk.

Daehyun: And that's what matters. Don't worry too much about it now , ok? After I cook and the baby wakes up , let's head over to the bar , ok?

Me: Sure ... Oh , and Daehyun ...

Daehyun: What?

Me: Thank you for what you said.

Daehyun: There's no need to thank me for that.

Me: You knew I was sad , didn't you? Thank you for cheering me up.

Daehyun: I-i didn't do it to cheer you up , for your information!

 

 

 

 

 

I could feel my face getting hot , so I quickly went back to the kitchen. It's embarrassing. What the ....Why do I feel so weird again?! It's her fault for saying weird things! I'm trying to say things that'll open up her mind , and she goes on saying things like that?! Ahhh! Why do I feel so weird? Why is it such a big deal?!

 

 

--Your POV--

 

He's taking it in a weird way again. He always run away from embarrassment too. After we ate , the baby woke up. I was expecting a crying baby , but he's more well behaved than I imagined. We got ready to leave unnie's house. Daehyun carried his things while I carried Mingguk as he headed off.

 

 

 

 

 

Me: There you are. You're one heavy baby , aren't you?

Mingguk: *giggles*

Me: Hey! You're making fun of me? You're so cute , so I can forgive you.

Daehyun: We should've taken the stroller with us.

Me: I can get it next time I drop by. I wanted to carry him too.

Mingguk: *pulls Daehyun's hair and laughes*

Daehyun: Ow!! T-that hurts!

Me: Don't yell at the baby!

Daehyun: But he's pulling my hair out!

Me: You don't have to yell. Mingguk-ah , can you please let go of Daehyun ahjussi's hair?

Mingguk: *lets go of dae's hair*

Me: See?

Daehyun: The hell is 'Daehyun Ahjussi'?

Me: Hey. He's only 1 so you're old enough to be his ahjussi.

Daehyun: Why does he look so happy while i'm hurting?

Me: He must like you.

Daehyun: Doesn't look like it.

Mingguk: *opens his arms to Daehyun*

Me: Oh , do you want Daehyun ahjussi to carry you?

Mingguk: *smiles*

Me: He wants you to carry him.

Daehyun: M-me?

Me: Yes.

Daehyun: I-i can't!

Me: Why not?!

Daehyun: I just can't! What if I drop it?

Me: First of all , he's a human kid , so don't call him "it". You'll do fine. Give me the bag , you carry him.

Daehyun: Ok , but stop calling me ahjussi , because if i'm old enough to be an ahjussi then you're old enough to be an ahjumma!

Me: Hey!

Daehyun: Come on. Give it to me.

 

 

 

 

 

We stopped walking by a bench , where he placed the bag down on. He hesitatntly takes Mingguk from my arms as he holds his arms out to Daehyun. He tries holding the baby in his arms in many different ways and doesn't look so comfortable. It's actually adorable , how he's not used to holding a kid. He tries to hard to find out how and where he should hold the baby.

 

 

 

 

Daehyun: What are you smiling about?

Me: Oh. Was I smiling?

Daehyun: You're smiling from ear to ear.

Me: Oh. Sorry. I didn't notice.

Daehyun: Are you making fun of me?!

Me: No. It's just cute , how you're trying so hard.

Daehyun: I-i'm not trying hard! I just never held a baby before! And you shouldn't call a man 'cute'!

Me: But it's really cute! Don't you remember? I used to take care of babies in Ijjak-do too. Whenever i'm with the parents of the babies I take care of , the fathers would always hold their babies like they're so used to it , but the mothers would tell me how hard it was on them at first. Just seeing how that actually looks ... it's really cute. No wonder they look so happy talking about it. Even if it isn't your baby , it still looks cute.

Daehyun: If that simple thing can make you happy , then anything can make you happy!

Me: What's so simple about that? You don't get to see this everyday!

Daehyun: Yeah. Totally different from the girls I used to know.

Me: You're just making fun of me again , aren't you?

Daehyun: Maybe.

Me: Mingguk-ah , isn't his hair so soft and silky? Makes you wanna tug on it more , right?

Daehyun: Hey! Don't start teaching him bad things!

Me: I'm just kidding. baby , be nice to Sir Daehyun. Ok? I'm sure he's getting hungry , we better get to the others now.

 

 

 

 

 

After he finally found out how to hold the baby , we headed to the others. Everyone at Hongdae kept looking at us , they must be thinking we're some crazy people for bringing a baby to the 'club' district of Hongdae. Eventually , after making our way through the glaring eyes and whispering of people who we don't even know , we got to the bar where the others were already waiting.

 

 

 

 

 

Himchan: There you guys a--- Woah! When did this happen? It's a Daehyun Jr.?

Daehyun: Stop acting like you don't know any of this.

Himchan: It just surprised me , you looked like a real family when you went in! Wow!

Daehyun: Where's Yongguk hyung?

Jongup: Went out. Dunno where. He said he'll only be out for a short while.

Me: Ohh... By the way , this is Mingguk. 

Himchan: *runs to us and holds Mingguk's hands* Hello , you cute baby! I'm uncle Himchan. Aren't you adorable!

Mingguk: *laughs*

Himchan: Woooow! you're so cute , do you like uncle?

Daehyun: He probably laughed because you look funny.

Himchan: You know nothing about kids!

Mingguk: *pulls his hair*

Himchan: Oww!

Daehyun: That's right! Pull it harder!

Himchan: Yah! You shouldn't let this guy hold the baby! He's learning bad things from him!

Daehyun: For your information , I never taught him anything! You just have really irritating hair.

Me: But he was pulling yours just a while ago too!

Daehyun: No one asked you!

Youngjae: Mingguk-ah , i'm Uncle Youngjae. I can't let you call me hyung , since i'm old enough to be your uncle. Better not listen to what those two say too much. You'll only learn bad things!

Daehyun: You're the one with lots of bad thoughts here.

Jongup: I'm Jongup hyung. I don't wanna be called an uncle.

Zelo: Mingguk-ah! I'm Zelo. *talks in a robotic tone*

Mingguk: *laughs*

Zelo: He's so cute! Noona , can I play with him?

Me: Of course , but I need to feed him first.

Youngjae: Himchan hyung and I made fresh mango puree for him.

Me: Really?! That's great!

Himchan: Everyone was so excited to see the baby!

Me: It looks like it , this place is all clean!

Youngjae: We can't have the baby staying in a dirty place when you're gone , so thhe maknaes and I cleaned the whole place.

Me: Thanks. I can really count on you guys.

Himchan: Daehyun , you look like a real father now! *fakes crying* You were so young ... N-now you're a real man! huhuhuhuhuhu.

Daehyun: Knock it off with the deadpan jokes! I'm hungry  , so here!

 

 

 

 

 

He gave the baby to me and stoomped the kitchen. He always runs away when he's embarrassed. Zelo , Jongup and I took the baby to the breakroom , where we fed and played with him. He hasn't cried once just yet since we got him. He's a really playful baby , though he can't walk on his own just yet.Zelo and Jongup are really having fun playing with him.

 

 

 

 

 

Zelo: Hyung , can I borrow the rattle?

Jongup: But i'm using it!

Zelo: Mingguk can't keep his eyes off of it! I wanna play with him too!

Jongup: I'm still playing with him!

Zelo: Hyung!

Me: Hey. Hey. Don't fight. 

Zelo: Noona , hyung won't let me play with Mingguk!

Me: You really love babies , don't you?

Zelo: I can't say I do. It's my first time playing with a baby. They're really fun and cute , so maybe I do love them.

Me: Just like you!

Zelo: *blushes* N-noona , don't say that.

Me: But you're really cute like the baby.  You're still the original baby of this place.

Jongup: Hey! I thought you wanted to play with Mingguk? Now you're just having too much fun talking to Soomin!

Zelo: B-because you wouldn't give me the rattle! 

Me: The baby really likes you two.

Zelo: When he grows up , I wanna teach him how to ride a skateboard!

Jongup: I wanna teach him how to dance!

Zelo: Oh , me too! me too! I can teach him that! And beat boxing! I can do beat boxing , i'm sure he can too.

Me: Woah. Settle down. The baby will only stay with us for more than a week. This isn't forever.

Zelo: WHAT?! But I want to play with him longer than that!

Me: You can keep playing with him while he's here.

Zelo: Noona , can I come over to your place when you and the baby are home?

Me: Sure. It'll be nice if someone can play with the baby. Oh! I think Seyoung unnie packed his other toy here , let me get it so you both can play with him.

 

 

 

 

 

I picked up the bag unnie gave us and searched for his other toy. I'm glad at least Jongup and Zelo are gladly playing with the baby. I was afraid all of them would feel awkward playing with him , but i'm glad they're happily playing with each other. I left the baby with the maknaes for a whille to get a drink. I went out of the breakroom just to find myself eavesdropping as Daehyun , Youngjae , Himchan and Yongguk oppa a rehaving a conversation.

 

 

 

 

 

Youngjae: I'm sure you'll be fine. If anything happens , you can call us. We'll head over right away.

Himchan: If you're this nervous about a kid who's not even yours , i'm excited to see what you'll be like with your own kid!

Daehyun: I don't plan on having my own kid soon! I'm just worried that something might happen. I don't wanna look like i'm making Soomin do all the work. Mingguk's mother is close to her , it'll make me look bad.

Yongguk: So you really did tell Seyoung you two are engaged?

Daehyun: That's really why I wanted to talk to you soon , hyung. Because Seyoung knows about me and Soomin , I don't know what could happen. I'm sorry i'm getting her involved even more. She promised not to tell any of your relatives since Soomin asked her to though.

Yonggguk: I can't even imagine what her parents reaction would be if they found out what she's doing here.

Daehyun: She'll be fine! I'll take full responsibilty of everything.

Yongguk: Responsibilty falls on me, not on you , because i'm supposed to be her guardian. Since it's just Seyoung , and you did say she promised , it'll be fine. We just have to prepare for the worst , not just from your side , but for her side. Seoyeong is coming to Seoul , so that's another story. That girl gets excited too easily , she might blab about things.

Daehyun: I'm sure we can take care of it. There's something else important I need to tell you guys though.

Youngjae: What?

Daehyun: My parents' death anniversary is coming soon , so auntie and uncle are expecting me to come and visit to pay our respects together.

Yongguk: Are you going?

Daehyun: They want Soomin to come , but i'm sure it's because they're plotting something again. I don't know if i'll take Soomin with me or not. I mean , after what happened last time , I--

Yongguk: You shouldn't think about it that much. At least now she knows what to expect.

Daehyun: I just don't want them to make her cry again.

Himchan: That's why you have to train to be more couple-like.

Daehyun: But you know that when we celebrate my parents' death anniversary , the Yoon family is there too. I can't bring her when it's just us against them.

Youngjae: Just don't take your eyes off of her. She'll be fine. It's Soomin. We've talked a lot , and I know she's a strong-willed girl. Since Junhyung has been snooping around lesser than usual , you should be careful.

Daehyun: I know that already. I'm always careful.

Himchan: I'm more worried about Soomin , if I was junhyung , i'd go for Soomin to find out the truth. Not you.

Daehyun: I'll protect her!

Yongguk: I just hope they don't cause a scene while you have Mingguk. We don't want the kid involved.

Daehyun: I'll protect Soomin and Mingguk!

Himchan: Wow! that sounded so fatherly! You're really growing up!!

Daehyun: Shut up!

Himchan: I wouldn't be shocked if you and Soomin come in here again with your own baby!

Daehyun: W-what the hell are you talking about?!

Yongguk: Youngjae told the ytwo of us something. I wanted to talk to you about it too.

Me: What?

Youngjae: You know , about Soomin and you--

Daehyun: H-hey! That's not what it looks like! Shut u---- Huh?

 

 

 

 

 

Oh my gosh! I accidentally bummped into a wall decoration from where I was hiding and it fell off of it!! I quickly put it back on the wall and ran back to the breakroom! Pheeww. That was close. I'm glad they didn't see me but ... wow. That was embarrassing though. I shouldn't have listened to their conversation! I wonder what Youngjae meant about me and Daehyun though.

 

 

--Daehyun's POV--

 

What was that? Something sounded like it fell , but when we went there , nothing fell and no one was there. Must be my imagination. It was almost getting dark , and the bar is gonna get packed anytime soon , so we headed on home. Mingguk is one energetic baby. He played a lot , so when we got home , he was starting to get really sleepy. 

 

 

 

 

 

Me: Do you want me to cook dinner first , or should I put him to sleep first before I cook dinner?

Daehyun: He looks really sleepy. We should put him to sleep first.

Me: Then i'll cook after he sleeps.

Daehyun: But i'm hungry!

Me: Then , can you cook dinner for tonight?

Daehyun: I'm tired.

Me: What's with all the complaining?!

Daehyun: I carried him all day. I'm really tired.

Me: I can't put him to sleep while cooking.

Daehyun: ...... *stares at the baby*

Me: What's wrong?

Daehyun: All I have to do is feed him the formula as he sleeps , right?

Me: Huh?

Daehyun: That's what Himchan hyung told me , it's not like I researched on it.

Me: What are you talking about?

Daehyun: I ll put him to sleep ... so you can go on with cooking.

Me: Really? Is that ok?

Daehyun: I'm hungry! T-this is for me to get my food faster. Plus , I .... I shouldn't make you do all the work , that'll make me look like a bad husband. I should be a good one , even if it is all pretend.

Me: I'm glad then. Thank you. Thank you so much , Daehyun. I'll cook you something more delicious this time. I'll do it fast!

Daehyun: Like they ever were delicious , to begin with.

Me: Hey Don't be rude! I'm trying to be nice to you!

 

 

 

 

 

She prepared the formula and showed me how to feed the baby. She watched for a few seconds before she went to the kitchen to start cooking. This isn't so difficult , but my arm with my hand holding the bottle is getting tired. I haven't done much , but taking care of a baby is tiring.

 

tumblr_mqm4yerTd81sxbg8io1_500.gif

 

Good thing Himchan hyung and Soomin already gave the baby a bath a while ago before we left! I was watching them , and it looked so easy but I bet it wasn't. This kid is full of energy , he hasn't cried once just yet. After a while , his bottle was already empty and he's already asleep! Wow!

 

 

 

 

 

Daehyun: Wow! You ate it all?! I get sleepy when i'm full too.

Me: You two look so cute.

Daehyun: When did you get here?

Me:  Dinner's ready , so I came to tell you. I'm sure you're really hungry already.

Daehyun: Oh.

Me: You actually managed to put him to sleep on your own?

Daehyun: Of course , you thought I couldn't?

Me: I knew you could.

Daehyun: It's because i'm awesome.

Me: We're lucky Mingguk doesn't cry so much. He's much easier to take care of than the others babies i've had to take care of by myself. I'm glad you're all here to help me.

Daehyun: You help me , i'll help you. It's how we should be.

Me: Thank you. I'm proud seeing you like this.

Daehyun: Why?

Me: It's your first time taking care of a baby , but you're doing so well. I'm sure you'll be a great dad someday.

Daehyun: I doubt that a person with hate in his heart like me could ever become a great dad.

Me: Well , I believe you can. You only hate your auntie and uncle because you think they're using you , but when you tell me stories about your parents , I always think you're a person who loves unconditionally. I'm sure you'll love your kids unconditionally too. 

Daehyun: Tsk. You never know.

Me: Of course I know! This is a new experience for you too , so if you need me , i'll be here for you. I'll help you. And ... if you really need me there , i'll go with you to your parent's death anniversary.

Daehyun: Who told you that?

Me: I'm sorry , I accidentally heard you talking about it with the others when you though me and Zelo and Jongup were at the breakroom. You don't have to worry about me anymore. I know what i'm facing so i'll be really prepared. I promise!

Daehyun: I won't let them say anything to you this time.

Me: It's fine. I'm gonna prepare myself mentally for this. I won't let you down! Let's eat dinner now?

Daehyun: We're just gonna leave him here?

Me: *chuckles* Don't worry. He's gonna be fine. He's sleeping. We'll just be in the other room.

Daehyun: Why are you laughing?

Me: Because you're so into this! It's cute.

Daehyun: I said don't call me 'cute'! And i'm not into this at all. I was just a little worried.

Me: Ok. If you say so. Oh , by the way , Youngjae was saying something about me and you , what wwas it about?

Daehyun: E-eh? You heard that?

Me: Yeah. What was it about?

Daehyun: N-nothing! Don't even ask again!

 

 

 

 

I went off to the kitchen as fast as I could. T-that Youngjae! He's just saying rumors , they're not even true! If this goes around , i'll really kill him! I never taken care of a kid before so I don't know what happens when you leave it alone as it sleeps. I thought I should always keep my eyes on it ... Opps , I called the baby 'it' again. She wouldn't like it. I can't imagine myself having a baby yet. The thought pops up in my mind sometimes , but I never think it could actually happen at any moment. Maybe this 'babysitting' thing can give me a chance to experience how it really feels like to be a parent to a kid.

 

===========================

 

I finally finished it!
Honestly , editing how this whole thing would look like took me more time than writing the whole chapter itself!
I'll try to do it faster next time.
I changed my netbook , and the new one I got slows down/hangs whenever I type.
It's really weird.
 
Hope you liked this chapter~!
Feel free to comment or make suggestions~!
I might not get to reply , but I read and appreciate them all!
Will try to update again soon!
Thank you to all the subscribers and readers~!
TTYL~~ :*
 
-dorobbongie :3