Encouragement from someone you least expect.

Relationship Status: Married?
--Soomin's (Your) POV--
 
Is he really serious? The others look just as shocked as I am. Daehyun wants to end our fake marriage now. Does he really not like me that much? I thought I already let out all the tears I could in the comfort room, but I felt the need to desperately hold back a new set of tears ready to burst out. Everyone looks just as shocked as I am, about his sudden announcement.
 
 
 
Himchan: Daehyun, are you sure about this?
Daehyun: We can't keep hiding forever. It's better if they just find out now, and i'll just leave and lead a peaceful life in Busan. They won't follow me there.
Youngjae: You can't be serious. 
Daehyun: Do I look like i'm joking?!
Youngjae: Then why just end it so suddenly?!
Daehyun: ...
Youngjae: Why can't you tell us why you want to end this now? 
Daehyun: ... It's for the best. For both of us.
Youngjae: Don't you realize that you're just hurting yourself, and Soomin?!
Daehyun: You don't know anything! Don't you think this lie is hurting the both of us much worse?
Yongguk: Then are you sure this is what you want?
Daehyun: ... Yes.
Youngjae: What about Soomin? You seem to have everything planned for yourself, but what about her? What are you gonna do about her?
 
 
 
 
Daehyun, who seemed like he was avoiding to meet eyes with me, finally took a look at me. He looked as if he was in deep thought, and I could see some kind of hesitation in him, but that quickly went away. He immediately turned his eyes away from me, in a matter of seconds, but our exchange of looks felt like forever. Is this is for us, Daehyun? Just like this?
 
 
 
Daehyun: ... I always pay the rent for the apartment 3 months in advance. Once it's time for me to leave, she can stay there for at least 3 more months. I'm sure that'll be enough time to look for a new place to stay, or she can keep staying there.
Youngjae: Wow Daehyun. Wow. You're hopeless.
Daehyun: I'm staying with a friend tonight. So, can one of you guys take Soomin home?
Youngjae: Daehyun.
Daehyun: That's all I wanted to say. I'm leaving ... Take care of Soomin.
 
 
 
 
And with that, Daehyun left. I couldn't even say anything to protest. I was at loss for words. Is this is, Daehyun? So it's really going to end here? The tears I tried to desperately hold back just burst out. I'm still trying to fight, for them not to come out, but it's just useless. He really doesn't like me. I already told myself not to expect anything from the start, but even so, it hurt a lot. I thought by keeping my feelings to myself, I could stay with him longer, but it looks like that's not gonna happen. I feel like crying even more as I stop myself, and that's when I felt a pat on my shoulder. I looked up to see Yongguk oppa, standing right next to me. Himchan oppa and Youngjae were also there, looking at me with sorry eyes.
 
 
 
Yongguk: ... You should stay here for a while. I'll close the bar down, before someone gets here.
Himchan: Y-yeah. Once they're here, they'll never.
Me: No. It's fine. I'll just go back home.
Youngjae: Want me to take you home?
Me: N-no. I'll be fine. I can go home by myself.
Youngjae: But ...
Me: I know you're all worried. I'm ... i'm sorry for crying ... I just ... I'm ... This doesn't mean anything.
Himchan: ... 
Youngjae: ...
Yongguk: ...
Me: O-oh! I ... uhh ... I have something I need to do. Like right now. I'll go home by myself! Bye!
Yongguk: Hey! Wait!
 
 
 
 
It must be pretty hard for them, because I know they're just as speechless as I am, so I just ran off without looking back. I don't want them to worry anymore. I know it's as hard for them to process as it is for me. So, this is it. I used to always ask Daehyun until when do we have to pretend, and now i'm finally getting what I am. I didn't think it'll hurt as much as it does now. I didn't even get the chance to confess my feelings to him. It's pointless to even think of confessing now, especially since he already wants to end it. You're too late, Soomin.
 
--Minhyuk's POV--
 
I went to meet Junhyung hyung and Gikwang hyung, after walking with Soomin. I've never seen Soomin so troubled. I'm beginning to wonder if that story really was just about her friend, because no friend would be that worried about her friend's problem. Maybe she's having trouble with her relationship with Daehyun? That's the only thing I could think of. Shouldn't I be happy that they're relationship is in trouble? When I saw how sad Soomin looked, I couldn't even be happy. My flow of thoughts were cut off by the hand shaking my shoulder.
 
 
 
Gikwang: Earth to Minhyuk! Are you listening?!
Minhyuk: Huh?
Junhyung: In your dream world again?
Minhyuk: Oh. Sorry. I was just thinking. What were you talking about again?
Junhyung: *sigh* I said my sister was pissed about Jiwon.
Gikwang: Well, duh. The plan was to get Daehyun to marry your sister. With you trying to use Jiwon to lure Daehyun away from Soomin, then that wouldn't change the problem. You'd have to get Daehyun away from Jiwon now.
Junhyung: That's not necessary, because the plan was to use Jiwon to ruin Daehyun and Soomin. Daehyun's not gonna take Jiwon back. I used Jiwon to taunt Soomin.
Minhyuk: ...
Gikwang: Why are you so quiet?
Junhyung: Yeah. Shouldn't you be finding out if that taunting worked? Aren't you trying to get close to her again?
Minhyuk: ... I don't know.
Gikwang: She still hates you?
Minhyuk: No ... It's just ...
Junhyung: Weren't you going to go through her school records, to see if she's married? Shouldn't the school know that?
Minhyuk: ...
Junhyung: Don't tell me you can't do it?
Minhyuk: Isn't your family's company big enough to stand on it's own? Why are you so desperate for a merger with their company?
Junhyung: There are lots of internal affairs between our companies that you wouldn't be able to understand. The Jungs and our company owe each other. They have a big share of stock in our company, and it goes the same for us with their company. As much as our side wants to take full control of both companies, it's still not possible. This merger will open a chance for us to buy the Jung's share of stock in their company, making it ours. 
Minhyuk: And you're going to through all this just for that? Daehyun doesn't even care about their company.
Junhyung: You know, you should stop worrying about the stuff that has nothing to do with you, and just do what you're supposed to do. Everything is already set. We can buy out the entire Jung corp., all we need is for Juyeon to marry Daehyun in order for the stock to be open to be sold.
Minhyuk: ...
Junhyung: What? Are you giving up now, because you already failed? You're willing to lose to Daehyun again?
 
 
 
It's all just business about him. You'd never think such a mischievous guy like him would be this serious about his job. I'm not even too mad about the Daehyun remark anymore, all I could think about is Soomin. I thought if I destroy Daehyun, i'll be happy ... but ever since meeting Soomin ... my priorities have change.
 
 
--Your POV--
 
Daehyun didn't come home last night, like he said. I never felt this lonely since staying here. I wonder where he stayed at last night? He said he was gonna stay with a friend ... Maybe he stayed with Jiwon? Or worse, maybe with Juyeon? No. Daehyun's not like that. What's the point of going through all this trouble with me if he's just gonna be with Juyeon anyway? The more I stay here by myself, the more depressed I feel like i'll get. I left the house right after I got ready for school, and decided to just have breakfast on my way to school. I wonder if Daehyun's going to his school now? Maybe he's gonna drop by home first? Well, it's better if he doesn't see me right now. It looks like he wants to avoid me again. One minute we're okay, the next he minute he avoids me. He's always so complicated. Of all the men in this world I could've fallen for, why fall for a guy who will never open his heart to me? Thinking of it, tears started falling from my eyes again. I've been crying all night. I can't be crying on my way to school now too. I wiped my tears away and headed for school, trying to forget everything. At the school's entrance, as soon as I got in the building, a guard came towards me.
 
 
 
 
Guard: You're Bang Soomin, right?
Me: Yes. Is something wrong?
Guard: The administration told me to tell you that they needed to speak with you. They said they couldn't contact you last night, so I was instructed to tell you to go to the office, if I were to see you.
Me: Oh. Okay. Did they say something else?
Guard: They said you need to go to the office as soon as possible, and they will provide a letter for your professor, if ever you have a class to attend to.
Me: I see. Thank you. *bows* I'll head there straight away.
 
 
 
I was so busy crying all night, I probably didn't hear the phone ringing. Even my own cellphone. Luckily, I got to school too early, so it looks like I wouldn't have to miss a class, but why would the administration want to see me? At the administration office, I was instructed to go to the Students Affairs Office. There, a middle aged lady, who looks like she's in her 30's,  was sitting at the desk.
 
 
 
Lady: Bang Soomin, am I right.
Me: *nods* Good morning.
Lady: Please, have a seat. *gestures to the chair in front of her*
Me: Thank you. *sits down*
Lady: ... Do you have any idea why you're called here today?
Me: N-no. Am I in trouble?
Lady: *smiles* No. On the contrary, I wanted to talk to you on behalf of the school for your excellent academic records. 
Me: Huh?
Lady: Based on your grades, and evaluation from your professors, you've been doing an outstanding job. You're clearly ahead of everyone in your year.
Me: I-i'm not sure about that. I just try my best.
Lady: Well, the reason why we called you here was because the school will be joining an architecture competition, and the winner's design will be used as the design plan for the renovation of Gimpo Airport's domestic terminal. We've seen some of your work from your professors, and we'd like you to make a design that we can use to represent the school in the competition.
Me: *nods* ...... Wait?! WHAT?!
 
 
 
No way. This is huge! I was just nodding at everything she said, but wasn't processing it as fast as I was hearing. She looked pretty shocked at my exclamation. I shouldn't have yelled like that!
 
 
 
Lady: Is there something wrong?
Me: N-no! I'm sorry. I was just shocked.
Lady: I see. *smiles* I understand. It's a really great honour. In this project, you'll get to work with your top upperclassmen. The school knows that with all of you working as a team, it would be an absolute victory for us.
Me: This is all too amazing. Are you sure you want me to do this? I'm just a freshmen.
Lady: Yes. It is highly unusual for the school to be sending freshmens to competitions like these, but your work and passion for architecture has been standing out. You would be a great addition to the team. Will you accept the offer?
Me: O-of course! It's an honour!
Lady: Great! The school will assemble a meeting between you and the other participants you'll be working with very soon. Please look forward to a call from us. If not, we will send you an email.
Me: *nods* Thank you so much. *bows*
Lady: Okay then. You may leave for your class ... Oh! One more thing before you do.
Me: Yes?
Lady: Before selecting the participating students, we held meetings about the possible candidates. Before selecting you, some were actually opposed to letting you participate, because some officials heard that you were married. Is this true?
Me: W-well ........
Lady: It's not that we have anything against married women, it's just, they felt that you would not be able to focus on the task we're about to give you. If you're married, it'll be hard to make time for work and your family, so--
Me: I-i'm not married.
Lady: You're not?
Me: No. I'm single ... and I promise to give my full attention to the project.
Lady: Okay then. Thank you for clearing that up. You may go now. *bows*
 
 
 
Why did it feel wrong again? I told them the truth, so what's so wrong about that? Besides, Daehyun and I will stop pretending in a week, so what's the point? I don't have to tell anyone i'm married. After my deal with Daehyun ends, everything will go back to normal again ... I'll just use all my time preparing for the competition to forget about Daehyun. That's what I should be doing. I have to start taking my studies seriously, especially now that i'm appointed to such a great task. 
 
In the end, I couldn't concentrate in any of the classes. I just kept thinking about Daehyun. Where he is. What's he doing right now. My thoughts were all about Daehyun. I don't wanna screw up, or become a burden, to anyone at the competition. I need to get myself together. I was on my way home, I wanted to do some research about Gimpo Airport's domestic terminal, when I heard someone call out my name. Before I knew it, I was pulled into a tight embrace.
 
 
 
Minhyuk: Soomin!
Me: M-minhyuk! What are you doing?!
Minhyuk: I heard about the competition! You got in! You didn't even tell me! Congratulations!
Me: Thank you ...
Minhyuk: You're so amazing.
Me: ... Can you let go of me now?
Minhyuk: Oh ... Opps. Busted *lets go* But i'm really happy for you. They don't usually ask freshmens to join national competitions like these.
Me: Yeah. It's going to be tough. I just hope I don't mess anything up.
Minhyuk: You won't. In fact, I know some of the juniors and seniors that'll be in the competition with you. You want me to introduce you to them?
Me: ... I think i'll just go home.
Minhyuk: What? You look so gloomy. Are you sick?
Me: No. I'm fine. 
 
 
 
I tried to give him a bright smile, but it looks like that failed. He looked more worried than he did when he first asked me if I was okay.
 
 
 
Minhyuk: ... Did something happen?
Me: ... 
Minhyuk: With Daehyun?
Me: ...
Minhyuk: ... I see.
Me: I'm just really tired. And I still have to study the place, in order to come up with great designs.
Minhyuk: Then, let's go to Gimpo Airport.
Me: Huh?
Minhyuk: I think it's the best way to study the place. Besides, you can relax better if you're away from it all. For a while only, of course.
Me: I'm not sure if ...
Minhyuk: I won't do anything bad. Trust me. Let's go?
 
 
 
I know that I shouldn't go with him, and I do believe he's wouldn't try anything with me again. Daehyun would hate me for doing this, but it's not like I have to hide anything anymore. I don't want to keep thinking about him for a while too. I really wanted to study Gimpo Airport, and just focus on my work, so I decided to go with Minhyuk. There was no traffic at all today, so we managed to get there in about an hour. It's my first time to actually observe an airport. We went around for about an hour, with me just taking notes and photos of certain spots that catch my attention. It was already getting late, so we left after I got everything I needed. At the parking lot, right in front of Gimpo Airport, there was an empty field right next to where Minhyuk parked. We stayed there for a while, and Minhyuk got us drinks at a nearby vending machine.
 
 
 
Minhyuk: Here you go. It's hot.
Me: Thank you.
Minhyuk: So, how is it?
Me: How's what?
Minhyuk: The airport.
Me: Oh. It was amazing. I can't believe we'll get a chance to design for a place like this.
Minhyuk: Isn't this your second time here?
Me: Yeah. I arrived here from Busan. I was on a connecting flight, so we landed at Busan first before here. I never really got to look at the place though. I was too busy trying to figure out where I should go to even have time to observe the place. I quickly got on the bus, not even looking back. Thank you for bringing me here. *smiles*
Minhyuk: That's the smile I wanted to see. Now, everything I did here is all worth it.
Me: By the way, I forgot to return your jacket. I left it at home, but I'll give it back to you tomorrow.
Minhyuk: Don't worry about it. You can keept it for as long as you'd like.
Me: ... Why are you being so kind to me?  
Minhyuk: Do you even have to ask that?
Me: Because you like me?
Minhyuk: That. And I just want to. When you're sad, I want to do something about it. It should be Daehyun's job to make you happy, but when I see that he can't, I immediately want to be the one doing it for you.
Me: ...
Minhyuk: Well, since I kind of let it out there already, let's talk about Daehyun.
Me: ... I don't really wanna talk about Daehyun.
Minhyuk: So, you did fight?
Me: ...
Minhyuk: ... Is that why you told the school you weren't married? Or were you never really married?
 
 
 
My eyes widened. He knows?! How did he know?! I didn't know how I should deny, because i'm the one who told the school that. 
 
 
 
Minhyuk: You're probably asking yourself how I figured that out. My family has connections within the school, and someone just happened to have told me. I can't believe I let that guy, who kept saying he was your husband, punch me.
Me: ... News spreads really fast.
Minhyuk: So, you're really not married?
Me: ... Yeah.
Minhyuk: Then ... that problem last time ... Was it about Daehyun?
Me: ...?!
Minhyuk: I'm still confused about it too. I just guessed, but I guess I was spot-on. Soomin. I know you feel like you're alone right now, but I want you to trust me. Please trust me.
Me: ... Daehyun asked me to pretend to be his wife. He needed his relatives to back off from his life, and that was the only way he could do that. In exchange, he let me live with him. I didn't have anywhere to go when I first got here, so I took his offer. 
Minhyuk: So your like his accomplice? 
Me: I guess you could say that. Lying is bad, though I don't consider it as a crime. We lived together just to strengthen the fact that we were married. That's all. There was never nothing between us.... Nothing.
Minhyuk: ... but you fell in love with him?
 
 
 
Talking about the Daehyun, the tears I kept trying to hold back were b out of my eyes yet again. I didn't want to cry in front of Minhyuk. Ever since I realized my feelings for Daehyun, i've been crying in front of everyone, which is something I would normally never do. Minhyuk took my hand and squeezed it tight, as if trying to give
me some energy to continue talking. 
 
 
 
Me: I never thought I would fall in love with him. I never even told anyone that, as a fact. I always wanted to believe that I wouldn't fall in love with him, but in the end, I did.
Minhyuk: Did he reject you?
Me: ... He wants to end our marriage, and we'll be separated after that. 
Minhyuk: You didn't tell him how you felt?
Me: How could I?! The moment I was thinking about it, he said he wanted to end us. I couldn't even say anything when he told me that. I hate that i'm crying over this guy. Even if I try, I just can't get him out of my mind. I can't unlove him. All I want is to be with him, but he doesn't feel the same .... Even if he didn't plan on ending it, it would've been the same anyway. The most important rule was to never fall in love. And I broke that rule. I fell for him. We were over the moment I realized that I loved him.
 
 
 
Minhyuk just kept quiet after that, but I couldn't stop crying anymore. This is the first time I opened up about my feelings for Daehyun. Minhyuk pulled me towards him, in a hug. He was patting my back, as of to calm me down. Was it right that I told Minhyuk that? I just can't hold my feelings back anymore. Telling Minhyuk took a big burden out of me, but that wasn't enough. It still hurts. My heart is still in pain.
 
Minhyuk drove me over to Yongguk oppa's after that. He's been quiet ever since our talk, but he's been treating like i'm something fragile. He's really nice. What if I fell in love with him instead of Daehyun? Maybe I wouldn't be having such a tough time now, if I were to fall for him. But no, I know who I love, and it's Daehyun. We parted ways at the bar, and he drove off. I didn't feel like going home early, even if Daehyun's there or not. The place was busy, there were lots of customers, but Himchan oppa went to me as soon as he saw me.
 
 
 
Himchan: Hey. How are you?
Me: I'm fine. You look busy, do you need some help?
Himchan: I can handle this. You're probably tired from school, you should just rest.
Me: No. It's okay. I'll help. I don't have anything to do anyway.
Himchan: Thanks. You're always a big help.
Me: ... So, have you heard from Daehyun?
Himchan: He really didn't come home?
Me: No.
Himchan: He hasn't dropped by here. Normally, if he has a problem, he'd be here drowning in beer. I guess he doesn't want to see us right now.
Me: I'm sorry.
Himchan: It's not your fault. If anything, I should be the one saying sorry. This was all my idea. The whole situation went more smoothly in my head than how it actually ended up right now.
Me: Maybe I screwed up, so he wanted to end it.
Himchan: Well, I don't know what's going on in his head. There must be a reason.
Me: *nods* 
Himchan: It'll be okay. I believe in the power of DaeSoo.
Me: Oppa ...
Himchan: You're our princess, Soomin. I hate that Daehyun made you cry, but I know he can make you happy too. He just needs to realize it.
Me: ...
Himchan: Haha! I'm saying stuff I don't know again! Haha! I guess that means I need to stop blabbing! Let's get to work! 
 
 
 
For a second, I thought he was gonna be completely serious, but I guess I shouldn't expect anything less from Himchan oppa. He really knows how to help make you smile though. He's also right. Daehyun's probably the sole reason for my tears now, but thinking back on everything we did, there were many moments where he made me really happy. I don't want anyone else, I just want Daehyun.
 
--Minhyuk's POV--
 
So they're not really worried. Man, Junhyung hyung would be so happy to hear that. The plan was also to expose their lie, and now I have solid proof ... but when I got a called from Gikwang hyung today, with Junhyung hyung asking to meet up, I didn't go. They're gonna be mad, but I decided to just keep what I know to myself. Seeing Soomin in so much pain. That really broke my heart. At first it was all fun and games, but she really had that effect on me. She changed me completely. I feel like my old self again. I know that telling Junhyung hyung her secret would hurt her more, and that's the last thing i'd want. 
 
--Soomin's (Your) POV--
 
I tried to get myself busy, just so I would stop thinking about Daehyun. None of us have heard from him yet, and he wasn't home again when I got there. He must really be avoiding me. He's even going through all the trouble of not staying in his own apartment just to avoid me. He must really hate me. I ended up crying myself to sleep again, that night. The next day, I ended up waking really late. I may have overdid helping them last night, that I totally lost track of time. I'm late for school!!! I did everything I had to do as quick as I could, but at this point, missing two classes was inevitable. Still, I hurriedly tried to finish prepping myself, and the moment I headed to the door and grabbed the knob, it opened. My heart literally stopped. I thought it was a burglar or something of the sort, but the person behind the door turns out to be Daehyun! Daehyun's back?! He looked pretty shocked to me, As shocked as I am seeing him. I thought I was in trouble, for a second there.
 
 
 
Me: You scared me!
Daehyun: Why are you still here? Your first class should've started by now.
Me: I ... uhh ... I woke up late. I was ... working ... last night.
Daehyun: Working? At the bar?
Me: *nods*
Daehyun: I see.
Me: ...
Daehyun: I just came by to get some clothes. I won't be home again tonight.
 
 
 
He walked past me, and quickly went inside. He's really avoiding me. He even made sure it was already time for my first class before he went here. I don't understand. We were okay. Why is he suddenly avoiding me like this? I'm supposed to be making my way to school now, but that rush I felt before I opened the door was gone. Not worrying about school anymore, I went back in to see what Daehyun's doing. He was at the bedroom, taking some of his clothes from the closet, and putting them in a backpack. I know I should just leave him be, but I couldn't help but speak out.
 
 
 
Me: You know ... If you don't want to see me that bad, I could just leave.
Daehyun: ...
Me: If I did something wrong for you to be like this with me, i'm sorry. 
Daehyun: ...
Me: Maybe it is better this way. For us to just end this whole pretend thing. My things have always been packed anyway, so I can leave anytime. So, should I just leave?
Daehyun: ...
Me: Don't worry. I won't run away. I meant what I said. I'll always be here for as long as you need. I'll leave when you don't need me anymore. 
Daehyun: ... I need you.
Me: ... Huh?
Daehyun: You don't have to leave. I'm leaving because I need you here.
 
 
 
He closed his bag, and stood right in front of me. Tears were already b from my eyes. Daehyun reached over my face, and wiped my tears away, before pulling me in a hug.
 
 
 
Daehyun: Don't think that I don't need you. You've been such a big help to me. I don't know what I would do without you. 
Me: Then why?
Daehyun: ... This is what I need to do, in order to protect you. You'll understand, someday.
 
 
 
The hug, that lasted for about a minute, felt like an eternity. I didn't want to let go, and I felt the way he hug me suggests he feels the same, but he did. He push me away from him. He took one last look at my face, reaching out for my cheek with his hand. I really wanted him to stay, with us just like that, but he let go of me and left. Why can't I understand? I can't understand, Daehyun. How am I supposed to understand when you're not here? 
 
-Daehyun's POV--
 
Soomin looked so crushed. She looked like she was in so much pain. This is the only way. Once I leave, I hope she can smile again. I hope she can smile like how she always did. She looks so beautiful with her smile, knowing that i'm the cause of the sadness on her face ... What are you doing, Daehyun? There's no turning back now. I know what I had to do. She'll be happy again, once i'm out of the picture.
 
The school suspended classes for today, so I didn't have much to do. I went on my way to a friend's house. He's a close friend of mine from my middle school days, and he let me stay with him for a while. On my way back to his house, I saw a familiar figure not too far at the way I was going. It looked like Lee Minhyuk. He was talking to someone on a car. I took a closer look to see who it was, and it was Junhyung! That bastard! He knows Junhyung?! I can't believe i'm leaving Soomin to be with this guy. Is he just using her to get to me?! Everything I felt was placed with anger. I quickly dashed over to him. The car left, and it seems like he didn't notice me. As soon as I got in front of him, I pushed him and punched his face.
 
 
 
Minhyuk: Daehyun?! What's your problem?!
Daehyun: My problem?! You knew Junhyung all along?! Is that why you tried to get close to Soomin?! Are you playing with her feelings?!
Minhyuk: You don't understand.
Daehyun: What don't I understand? I saw it all perfectly clear! *grabs him by the collar*
Minhyuk: Let go of me! I don't want any trouble!
Daehyun: Are you just using Soomin?! If you're only after her because of me, then just leave her alone! Don't you dare hurt her?!
Minhyuk: Me? Hurt her? From what I can see, it's you who's been hurting her!
Daehyun: What?
Minhyuk: *pushes him away* Aren't you supposed to be her husband? Why is she so sad? Shouldn't you be the one making her happy? Seeing how sad she is now, I should be the one punching you right now!
Daehyun: ...
Minhyuk: Are you begging me to take her away from you? Ha. I can't believe she chose you ... A guy who can't even make her happy. And you call yourself her husband ... Oh wait. You're not really her husband, maybe that's why you can't make her happy.
Daehyun: *grabs his collar* What are you saying?! 
Minhyuk: I already know the truth. You don't have to pretend! *pushes him away* You're not really married. Soomin told me that herself.
Daehyun: ...
Minhyuk: And by the way you're treating her, it's like you're asking me to take her away.
Daehyun: Does Junhyung know?
Minhyuk: Why? Does it matter if I tell him or not? You don't care about Soomin anyway, so why are you worried about that?
Daehyun: You probably told him already, since you like her so much. You're desperate to destroy me, so you'll definitely tell.
Minhyuk: You know, you're right. I like her, and I want to destroy you, so it makes sense that I tell everyone about your fake marriage ... But I didn't. I respect Soomin. She told me that because she expects me not to tell anyone. I can take keeping her secret just between us, but do you know what I can't take? It's you hurting her. Do you really not love her?!
Daehyun: That's none of your business.
Minhyuk: From now on, it is. I need to know. Tell me. Right here. Right now. Do you love her or not?!
Daehyun: ...
Minhyuk: You know that I hate you. A girl I used to love left me for you, and that hurt like crazy. I thought that was the last time I had to deal with you, but because of Soomin ... I can take you taking away the girl I love, but making her cry is a different story.
Daehyun: Then take her. Isn't that what you want?
Minhyuk: And you're okay with that?
Daehyun: If that's what she wants. It's her choice.
Minhyuk: ... Quit pretending you care about her. You only care about yourself. You think you're doing all this to protect her, but did she ask you to protect her? Did she tell you this is what she wanted? You're just protecting yourself. You're scared of rejection. You're scared of getting hurt. You're doing all this for yourself. Not Soomin.
Daehyun: ... 
Minhyuk: I thought you were smarter than what you take credit for. Guess not.
Daehyun: Shouldn't you be persuading me to leave her? What are you trying to do?
Minhyuk: I want to make Soomin happy. I know you are too. As much as I hate to admit it ... she'll only be happy if she's with you. So tell me. Do you love her or not?
Daehyun: ...
Minhyuk: What? You don't? Then should I just go to her now and--
Daehyun: I love her!!!
Minhyuk: *chuckles* That took you long enough to admit it.
Daehyun: Why are you doing this? Aren't you dating her now?
Minhyuk: Well ... as much as I want to, she doesn't like me. I know i'm gonna regret this ... but you need to man up, Daehyun. If you really love her, why can't you just tell her? If you wanna make her happy, don't expect another guy to do it for you. Whether you know her feelings or not, just do it. You'll have lesser regrets, if you follow your heart.
Daehyun: ... You seem different from the Minhyuk I saw last time.
Minhyuk: Must be Soomin's effect on me. You're lucky. Don't waste the luck.
Daehyun: She doesn't even like me.
Minhyuk: *sighs* I can't help you with everything, Daehyun. What's the point of being enemies if I just give you all the answers to your problems? You don't need to be a genius to realize what you have to do.
Daehyun: ... I can't believe i'm saying this ... but ... Thanks man. 
Minhyuk: Don't thank me. I'm doing this for Soomin. I mean, it's her choice. She can still choose me. *smiles* Probably not though. I don't want to see her sad ever again. I'm giving you a chance now, Daehyun. Show me that you can make her happy. The next time I see her crying because of you, i'll really take her away.
Daehyun: I'm not letting that happen ... Sorry about punching you.
Minhyuk: Yeah. *feels his cheek* That felt stronger than the one I got last time.
Daehyun: Sorry ... Do you think we'll be friends?
Minhyuk: Dunno.
 
 
 
I can't believe that of all the people, Minhyuk would be the one snapping me back to my senses. Everyone's been telling me the same thing, but it felt different coming from Minhyuk. A guy who hates me. Vowed that i'm his enemy over Soomin. I swear I didn't see this coming. I thought everything between me and Soomin would be over ... but Minhyuk made me realize that there's still a chance. He's right. I shouldn't be passing the responsibility of making her happy to some other guy. I have to do it myself. I love her. I have to be the one making her happy.
 
 
===================
Hey everyone!
How was the new chapter?!
I really tried my best to finish this as soon as I could!
Sorry if there aren't that much DaeSoo moments!
A lot of you probably wanted to murder me because of the last chapter. HAHAHA! Kidding. Hopefully, you don't.
But with the way the story's progressing, you can probably tell what'll happen next chapter. *winks*
 
Shoutou to busanwonbin99!
Thank you for reading!
I'm glad you're enjoying my fic so far!
I hope you enjoy the next chapters to come!
 
If you guys want shoutouts, you can tweet me at @dorobbongie 
You don't have to follow me. I'm not asking for new followers, since I rarely use Twitter myself, but you can if you want to)
Or you can send me personal messages on my wall, or you can comment on this story!
I will definitely give you guys a shoutout on the next chapter!
 
 
Thank you all so much for reading, loving and supporting this story!
It all means so much to me!
Please continue supporting it!
I'll try to update again as soon as I can! 
Thank you so much!
 
-dorobbongie :3
 
P.S. Sorry for any typos!
I will re-edit everything when I have time.