Jung Daehyun was a player?!?

Relationship Status: Married?

--Soomin's (Your) POV--

On our way home from the grocery, a girl called Daehyun's name. I don't know who she is, but I can tell by Daehyun's face that he's shocked to see her, like he wasn't expecting to see her at all.
The girl, who has this sophisticated yet intimidating aura, approached us. She has this bright expression on her face. She's looking directly at Daehyun's face, like you can feel whether a person's acknowledging your existence or not, and I felt like she wasn't acknowledging mine. She cheerfully talked to Daehyun, while Daehyun doesn't look that happy.


 


Girl: Daehyun! It's been a while! You look great!
Daehyun: ... 
Girl: What's wrong? Aren't you happy to see me?
Daehyun: ... Why are you here?
Girl: Why am I? Is that the proper way to greet me? You're being cold to me, Daehyun. You weren't like that. 
Daehyun: I need to go.
Girl: What?! But, we just met again! Do you want to have dinner with me? *holds his arm*
Daehyun: *shakes her hand off his arm*
Girl: Daehyun! What's wrong?


 


She looked surprised when Daehyun shook her hand off his arm. I have no idea what's going on, but I don't feel so good about this at all. At that moment, she finally took her first glance at me. The cheerful look and vibe she had completely disappeared. The moment she laid her eyes on me, I could feel a sudden tension occur. She looked at me from head to toe, as if she looked disgusted. She quickly took her gaze back to Daehyun.

 


Girl: Are you being cold to me because of her? That's not nice. You shouldn't act like that just because you got a new girlfriend.
Daehyun: She has nothing to do with this.
Girl: With what? I'm not saying anything. Unless she doesn't know what number she is.
Daehyun: She's not--
Girl: She doesn't know? Did you trick her into thinking you're some kind of loyal, stick-to-one kind of guy? Or maybe she likes the guy who changes girlfriends on a weekly basis.
Me: ... Daehyun, what is she talking about?




I asked him in a way that I thought only Daehyun could hear, but it looks like she heard. She took a step, to stand in front of me, and take a look at me for the second time. Daehyun put his arm in front of me, as if he's protecting me from her.




Girl: Wow, Daehyun. This is the first time i've seen you like this. Are you seriously dating her? Then you should be telling her that stuff.
Daehyun: Whatever is going on between me and her has nothing to do with you. I don't have to explain anything to you.
Girl: Why not? She is your girlfriend after me, isn't she? Or were there more girls between that? *looks at me* So, she's the girl that finally got Daehyun to stick to just one girl this time?

 



I really have no idea what she's talking about, but it seems she was Daehyun's past girlfriend. He doesn't seem to deny it, so it must be true. 



Girl: Sorry. It's rude not to introduce myself. My name's Jiwon. It looks like Daehyun doesn't like talking about his past girlfriends, so how did you two meet? Any different from ours? Did he steal you from some other guy too?
Me: What? Daehyun's not like that!
Jiwon: You don't know? Daehyun--
Daehyun: Stop it, Jiwon! She has nothing to do about this!
Jiwon: What? I'm just telling her our story, Daehyun! Wouldn't it be better if she knew sooner or later? That way, it wouldn't hurt too much, like how you hurt me and all those other girls.
Daehyun: Shut up!
Jiwon: Are you trying to make her feel like she's secured again? You are good at that. Setting our expectations high, then leaving us in the end. Just like the natural born player you are.
Daehyun: Whatever happened in the past, I already put it behind me. That's not me anymore. Now, can you just leave us alone?
Jiwon: Is it that easy to forget? Daehyun ... We can still work it out, if you want. I still like you, regardless of what you did to me. We can still work it out. Just like the old times. All the girls you were with, we're all the same, even her ... but I promise you that we can make it work again. I'll be better. I'll try to make you serious myself. You don't need her. I know you can be serious about me. You did love me right?
Daehyun: ...

 

 


What the..? Who is this girl? She sounds a little bit too desperate. I thought she was someone who could be more sophisticated, but I guess looks can be deceiving. I didn't know what to say, or how to react. It's hard to comprehend everything she's saying, but it's hurting me inside somehow. Honestly, I felt like I was just listening there, but not really there. I looked at Daehyun, and he seemed confused. Was he really with her? Does he love her?! With all these worries crossing my mind, I felt Daehyun's hand hold mine tight. He looked at me, and he gave me an assuring look. Is he telling me he doesn't love her?

 


Daehyun: This girl *raises our holding hands* is my wife. No offense, but she's nothing like you, or any of the other girls. She's ... one of a kind. She ... she changed me. I can't look at anyone else. Whatever happened in the past, I already let it go. I'm happy with what I have now. Now, if you'll excuse us.
Jiwon: Daehyun! Wait a sec-!

 

 


He pulled me, and walked away from her, without even looking back. I was taken back by his words. I know he's probably only pretending, but it still felt different. I'm glad he said i'm not like any other girl, but it something about what she said is hurting me inside. Somehow. Was Daehyun really a player? It didn't look like Daehyun felt anything special about her, but what if he did? He never said he didn't ... Just thinking about that hurts somehow. I know we're only pretending to be married ... but still. I must be crazy. I shouldn't be affected. It has nothing to do with me.

--Daehyun's POV--

That girl. I can't believe she came back. Ahhh! I've been wanting to forget that part of me, because it's not a part I want to be, but here is she about to ruin everything for me. I finally understand who Lee Minhyuk is. The stupid things you did, Jung Daehyun, look where it's getting you now.

I couldn't ever bear to talk to Soomin. I was so embarrassed, because of what happened. That wasn't something I wanted her to see, but all throughout of this, she never let go of my hand. She never asked anything, as if she's just waiting for it to come directly from me. When we got in the house, there was a long, awkward silence. She must be thinking of what she said. Then ... she took a deep breath and streched her arms.


 


Me: T-that was a long walk. I'm tired ...
Daehyun: ...
Me: I should ... I should get dinner ready. Right? Do you still want samgyeopsal? 
Daehyun: ... Sure.
Me: *nods* Okay. You should take a bath first, while I get dinner ready. I'll see you in a bit.


 

\
She quickly took the bags and ran into the kitchen. Just when I thought i'm good at making her happy, here I am making her sad again. I'm pissed at myself, because I know that's probably messing with her head. I want to explain ... but where do I begin? I hesitantly went to the kitchen, seeing her preparing our dinner. I could see that she's not like herself. She would stop randomly, or start preparing stuff normally, then slowly drifting off and stopping. After thinking whether I should talk to her or not, I knocked on the door. She talks, but doesn't turn around.




Daehyun: Soomin.
Me: Y-yeah?
Daehyun: Are you okay?
Me: Y-yeah. Why wouldn't I be?
Daehyun: I know what happened there is bugging your head right now.
Me: W-why would it? It has nothing to do with me.
Daehyun: ...
Me: I'm fine. I'm fine. Maybe i'm just a little tired. I might go to sleep early after making dinner.
Daehyun: I dated Jiwon in the past. It's not something you know, but a lot of the stuff she said was true. I was really a player before. Because I was mad at the world, I dated a lot of girls. After a while, I would break-up with them. At some point, I would date two at once. I didn't care about what the guys were saying, I just wanted to get my mind off the problems. It was all for fun. I was never intimate with them or anything like that. Jiwon ... she was the last girl I dated. In her case, it was special. She had a boyfriend, at the time I was pursuing her ... and I finally remember who it was. It was Lee Minhyuk. I don't really remember much about it. The only time I remember an interaction with him before was when he picked a fight with me at that same place he took you at. Jiwon stopped us, and broke up with him there and then. Right in front of everyone else, and chose me. Maybe that's why he hates me so much. After a while ... I broke up with her. She was so devastated, that she moved somewhere far. I haven't heard from her since. She even faked committing suicide, before finally deciding to just move. That really woke me up. I didn't want to be the person who'll drive someone to their death, even though I knew she just faked it. That's why I decided to change, so that I never do that to anyone else. The guys have been very supportive. They helped me out of that slump I was in. Seeing her again ... it made me think of who I was before. I really hated that side of me. So, when I saw her ... I didn't know what to say, because I saw something I didn't want to see again along with her.
Me: Daehyun, you know you don't have to explain anything to me.
Daehyun: I want to. I just want you to understand. I don't blame you, if that part of me changes how you think about me.
Me: I believe you. Don't you remember? I said i'll be believe you. I know you wouldn't lie to me. But ... I just wanted to ask ... Did you love her?
Daehyun: Huh?
Me: Did you love Jiwon? Were you ever in love with her?
Daehyun: ...
Me: ... Can't answer? Well, it's not really my position to ask. You really should take a bath now, while I cook the rice. You want me to make a lot, right?

 



She went back to what she was doing again. It seems like she's trying to be cheerful about it. Something still doesn't feel right. Maybe I didn't explain myself well enough. Was there something I didn't say? She's probably still confused. The more she's with me, the more she's getting involved in all my drama. I honestly can't take making her feel all depressed like this.

-- Soomin's (Your) POV--

Somehow, tears started falling from my eyes. I don't know why the thought of him having feelings for her kind of hurt. He couldn't say whether he did love her or not. She became his driving force to change, so maybe she is special ... And she dated Minhyuk. Is Minhyuk only around me to make Daehyun pay for what he did to him? I really don't know what to think anymore. He's probably hurting too, because she reminds him of the past he wants to forget. I don't want to burden him anymore. Maybe he's worried about how I feel. He doesn't need to worry like that about me. I'll just act as if it's all okay. It has nothing to do with me.

--Minhyuk's POV--

I got together with Junhyung hyung, Gikwang hyung, and Jiwon, who just recently got back. I was still hesitant to see her again, but it didn't affect me as much as I thought it would. Maybe it's because I had Soomin on my mind all the time.


 


Junhyung: So, how was your first reunion with Daehyun?
Jiwon: Like you said, he would be all over that girl. But after all that, they're probably shaken right now. Who knows what that could do.
Gikwang: Seeing you, he probably remembered Minhyuk again. He might not be able to get closer to Bang Soomin again.
Junhyung: I'm sure Minhyuk can handle it.
Jiwon: Well, it felt like Daehyun and her are really going steady.
Junhyung: Anyone can pretend if they needed to, badly. I still don't believe it. That's why you and Minhyuk are here.
Jiwon: I didn't come back to help you make your dreams come true. I really did want to get back together with Daehyun, but it looks like that girl will make it harder for me to do just that.
Junhyung: Minhyuk will handle Soomin, and you'll handle Daehyun.
Gikwang: Wouldn't your sister get mad?
Junhyung: Don't worry about it. Our main plan is to expose the lie behind their marriage. Plus, I still have other plans.
Gikwang: You're really full of surprises.
Junhyung: Just make sure you two work together if you have to. Don't let your past ruin my plans.
Minhyuk: I have my plans too, hyung.




I don't really want to work with this girl. She's just going to make it difficult for me to get closer to Soomin. But maybe after hearing the story between me, Jiwon and Daehyun, she might actually feel some remorse for me.

--Soomin's (Your) POV--

We tried to act as normal as possible that night. I didn't want to think of what happened, but I just slept it all in the end. It was hard to get myself to sleep, but I tried until I finally fell asleep. We didn't talk much the next day. He went to work, I went to my own school as well. It was a pretty normal day in school, but Minhyuk wasn't around again. It wasn't any of my business, so I didn't bother asking. But it looks like I shouldn't have been asking myself where he was, because as school ended (and i'm on my way home), Minhyuk was by the school gate again. I tried ignoring him, but he blocked my way. He asked if we could talk, and remembering what happened between him, Daehyun and Jiwon, I couldn't help but agree to go with him.

He took me to the coffee shop near school, the place where Youngjae works at. I looked around to see if he was here, but it's not. I guess Minhyuk wants a sincere talk, since he brought me to a place with lots of people around. I really wanted to ask
him about Jiwon too.


 


Minhyuk: I hope you don't mind that I got some Americano coffee for the both of us
Me: It's okay. How much should I pay you?
Minhyuk: We're not in high school, Soomin. We don't have to split our bill. I already paid for it.
Me: ... Thank you.
Minhyuk: No problem.
Me: So, you don't attend school these days?
Minhyuk: No. Actually, I transferred back to my old classes. I knew being in the same room for studying would be awkward for you, after what happened, so I took the initiative to back off.

 



What? He transferred out of my classes? Is this really the same guy that kept pursuing me before? It can't be.

 


Minhyuk: Soomin, I just wanted to apologize for what I did to you. To Daehyun. I wasn't thinking, and I just did what I wanted. I should've thought of how you felt, or what kind of relationship you're in.
Me: So, you did know Daehyun before?
Minhyuk: I'm sure you already know.
Me: Does that mean you were only after me because of Daehyun?
Minhyuk: I didn't know you were with him until after a while of meeting you.
Me: But you said--
Minhyuk: Like I said, I only knew about it after a while. That's when I thought that I wanted to steal you from him. I really do like you, but I did stupid things because my anger for him just erupted as soon as I figured out you were with him.
Me: So, you mean it?
Minhyuk: Yeah, but for the second time, he made me look like a total loser.
Me: What do you mean?
Minhyuk: Well, the girl I used to love left me for him, and now the girl I like is with that same guy. I must be a total loser, right?




He's trying to smile, but I can see that he's All I could think about right now is how this guy in front of me must be hurting too.

--Daehyun's POV-- 

I couldn't concentrate in class all day, thinking of Soomin. My students probably had a hard time learning, because I couldn't concentrate. I feel sorry for them. I know the only way I can get out of this is to fix the problem, but I don't exactly know how. When school was over, I went to the bar to meet Soomin. We changed our daily routine, and decided to meet here after both our classes and jobs were done, but Soomin wasn't in the bar when I got there.

 



Himchan: Maybe she had something to do in school, so she'll be late?
Daehyun: No. She would tell me as soon as possible. Didn't she tell any of you?
Yongguk: Nope.
Himchan: She didn't call me. Or text.
Daehyun: Where could she be? Maybe something happened?
Himchan: You worry too much. Maybe she's out with her friends.
Yongguk: You seem too uneasy, Daehyun. What's wrong?
Himchan: Yeah. What's up? Did something happen with you and Soomin? Is that why you're so worried about her?
Daehyun: Yeah. But I don't know if I can fix it.
Yongguk: What happened?
Daehyun: Well ...


 


I told them about Jiwon coming back, and what happened last night. They seemed pretty surprised she was back, and looked concerned.

 


Himchan: First Juyeon, and now Jiwon. You're really taking all the ladies to yourself, huh Daehyun?
Daehyun: Shut up, hyung. I'm not joking.
Himchan: Why did she come back?
Daehyun: I don't know. But now, after everything she told Soomin, things haven't been the same again.
Himchan: It seems like destiny hates it when you two are getting along just fine.
Daehyun: Maybe she's thinking of me as a bad person now.
Himchan: Soomin knows you better than that. She understands you better than that. She knows who you are now. The past isn't important, especially since you told her how you truly felt, that it was something you didnn't want to be. She understands you. Trust her.
Yongguk: I guess it's Jiwon's return that made everything more complicated for you guys again.
Daehyun: I'm sorry, hyung. I know i'm already causing more trouble for Soomin as is.
Yongguk: ... You know Daehyun ... I really didn't want to bring this up now, and don't get mad at Youngjae, but he's been telling me stuff. Daehyun, be honest with me. What do you really feel about Soomin? Don't think about what you think I might say or feel or what. Just tell me how honestly how you feel about her? ... Do you like her?


 


I've never seen Yongguk hyung so serious. It looks like he wants an honest answer, and I don't really know what I should say. Do I? This girl. This awesome girl, who i'm hurting too much ... do I dare say I love her?

===============================

UPDAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!

It's quiet an early update, right?

I started writing this new chapter early, and finished it early. I thought it might be too short, but I needed to separate this chapter from the rest. So ... there's the story on why I posted it now. Haha.

I'm sorry this isn't a happy chapter, but it's the new plot that I needed to let out, in order to develop the story ... so yeah. I try my best to make sure everything is connected, so there are some details that needed to be included.

Plus, I don't think I can write stories that only involve "happy moments", for long fics like these. I think situations like these are needed in order to deliver a more exciting story. I mean, it wouldn't be so fun if they're justalways  happy. There's no need to write anymore, really. Haha. I don't know. That's just what I think.

Still, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, somehow.

Sorry if there are typos here, or at the previous chapter. I'll fix it, when I have time.

I'll try my best to update the next chapter as fast as this, but I doubt that because I have exams I need to prepare for. Plus papers I still need to work on. Still, I will try. I won't promise specific times, because I at that, but I do promise it won't be too long.

 

Also, I would like to give a shoutout to vivibest211!

Thank you for supporting my story, and for your kind words on Twitter! Stay awesome!

If you guys also want to tweet me, you can @dorobbongie!

Please tell me how much you hate this chapter. Haha. Just kidding, but you can do that if you want to.

 

Thank you everyone.

Thank you to all the comments, and for always supporting this story!

It all really means a lot to me.

Your kind words help give me this boost, that encourages me to write new chapters ASAP.

I really appreciate it!

Please wait for the next chapter!

Thank you!

 

-dorobbongie :3