my lunch buddy

borrowed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Day 5 the My lunch buddy

 

     After a fitful nights’ sleep, So min went to the office a little late than usual. At 1005, she lets herself in. Good, no Joongie just yet. She still has time to fix herself and her office. Today they would have at least 12 patients to see. She hurriedly went into the changing room to change into her scrubs and went back to her office.

     When she got to the office, there were already four patients waiting. All of them for follow ups. She got busy with their records so when Hyun joong comes, everything would be ready. She did not notice that someone already changed the flowers in her vase, again. This time, yellow roses.

     “Good morning, So min” greeted Hyun joong. Dressed in blue jeans, white long sleeved shirt, folded to the elbows and grey chuck taylors. He looked totally delicious. She just cant help it. She’s so into him now.

     “Good morning Doctor Kim” greeted So min. she was in her yellow scrubs with yellow flowers on the blouse and white chuck taylors. What is with the chuck taylors? Well they are both into collecting different colors of chuck taylors.

     “Give me five minutes, then show our first patient in. thank you” said Hyun joong. Going to his office, sits down and stares at the door.

     Ah So min, you look so fresh! I wish I can give you a big kiss! But no, I cant do that here! Stop it! You might scare her away! Give her time! Time! Aysh!

     After five minutes, So min lets herself in, and ushers his first patient. After the first three patients, Hyun joong called for lunch, to be delivered to his office, lunch for two. He wants to have lunch with Somin in the privacy of his office since he left early yesterday.

     “After this last patient, please tell the others that clinic will resume at 2 pm today. I have something important to do.” Says Hyun joong to So min.

     “Ok, doctor”, replies So min. She was disappointed because he would be again leaving her alone for lunch. She then left him with his last patient.

     Fortunately, no other came, two others called to cancel their appointments. So they have a free afternoon today. So min was already thinking of the children in the home. She wasn’t able to visit them lately, with her schedule at the hospital.

     At 1130, a delivery man came, with a box for Doctor Kim. So min accepted the box, she didn’t know what was inside. And waited for the last patient to come out.

     After a few minutes, Hyun joong came out with his patient, they were talking since the old man is a good friend of his grandfather.

     “Did something come for me?” asked Hyun joong.

     “A yes doctor. A box came for you.” Said So min.

     “Ok, I’ll just take this into my office. And you can now lock up. We have a free afternoon today.” He then left So min at the receiving area, locking his office door. She started to fix the office for the next day, knowing that she would leave early.

     When she was done, she was about to ask Hyun joong if she can leave already, he then called her to come in.

     When she went into his office, she noticed the food laid out on the table. It was set up like they were at a traditional restaurant. With the two of them seated on the floor.

     “Ah come So min, let’s have lunch. Come sit.” He then stood up and guided her to sit on one of the cushions that he laid on the floor.

     Surprised So min had no other choice but to sit.

     “So, now let’s eat”. Said Hyun Joong.

     “Ah I was about to leave. I thought you had something important to do.” A surprised So min said.

     Seated across from her is a smiling Hyun Joong, now putting food on her plate.

     “What is more important than this?” he says, while putting food onto his plate.

     Still a quiet So min.

     “This is my thank you lunch, since you helped me in the OR the other day. And my sorry I had to leave you yesterday make up lunch”. Was all he said.

     His answer left So min more confused. And happy since she’s sharing her lunch with Joongie. Confused because, she knows that he’s already set up with Min ji. And that he’s aware of this.

     She was still quiet and keeps her eyes on her plate. She avoided looking into his eyes. She might cry if she does this.

     What she doesn’t know, Joongie was also looking at her. He cant help but look at her sad face. He doesn’t know what to do. She has been like this since the other day. Quiet. Not looking at him directly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter