ten days

borrowed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The door opens, Hyun joong and Somin, standing there. When they stepped inside hand in hand, his grandparents, SOmin’s parents, Eun jo, Jun pyo, Woo bin, Yijong with their dates and their families were all there.

“Come in. Hyun joong. somin.” Grandpa Kim tells them. He and his wife were seated in the middle of the room, with all the ones present seated around him. No one spoke. Everybody’s looking at the two. They look perfect for each other, we’re sure to have cute grandbabies.

Hyun joong was holding to Somin’s hand  tightly. He feels its going to be bad news. They were standing by the door, while everyone was seated on the floor, looking at them.

They bowed to the elders.

“Hyun joong, Somin, take your seats. Hyun joong sit beside your grandmother, Somin sit with your parents.”

They had no choice but to let go of each other’s hand and sit with their parents.

“Tonight, we will discuss about the two of you. Hyun joong, we talked about this beforehand. I already told you everything, about your engagement and Somin’s. but not to each other.” Grandpa Kim said to them.

“Hyun joong, you are engaged to the daughter of my very good friend, and Somin, you are engaged to a doctor. Don’t ask me who they are. Now, I want to hear your side. What do you have to say Hyun joong? you asked for my help, this is the best help I can give you. Now speak.” Granpa Kim told Hyun joong. not a smile on his face, he was very serious.

Hyun joong and Somin only looked at each other from across the room. Hyun joong has to do his best to convince everyone why their engagements to other people should be cancelled.

“Grandpa, Grandma, Mr and Mrs Jung, aunts and uncles, I have never felt this way about a person. I admit that before Somin came to my life, I played around. Women came into my life and left without me caring one bit.”

“I was self centered, only doing what seems fit for me. I had no regard for others feelings. But Somin changed all that. I was a man who did not see a future, where I will be married, having kids with the woman that I love the most. I was a drifter. Yes I have a wonderful career. But I had no future to speak of regarding my personal life.”

“When Somin came into my life, I started to see my future. Future with Somin. When I was lost, she was light to me. She made me realize that career, no matter how amazing, cant equate with love.”

“I am here now, to ask for Somin’s hand in marriage. I know that I can make her happy. I will take care of her, love and cherish the way she should be. I will provide for her and our family, in the best way I know how. I promise to make her tear up, not because of sadness but of happiness. She’s my everything. Please help me. I don’t want anybody else.”

Hyun joong was crying while he was pleading his case, and was looking into Somin’s eyes all the while. So

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter