meeting!

borrowed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Day 2 the phone call

     March 1 Monday

     “So min, wake up, her mother calls her. “Its already 6 am. We have to go the supermarket.” Her mother, Gum Hee calls her. She shakes So min awake. “that’s what you get for playing last night (farmtown on facebook). Come on, lets have breakfast, Dad already left for his restaurant.” Gum Hee then leaves.

 

Jung So Min  POV

     “Oh!!!! Mom! I still want to sleep.” But oh my, I have to go! Today is the birthday of one of the little boys at the home, Min ho. I promised him, I would cook for him his favorite soup.

    

     She went to her bathroom and took a bath and readied herself for the day at the home. Ahhh this is the life of a nurse, unemployed, happy, no pressure.

     She goes down to have breakfast. Her favorite, waffles with chocolate sauce.

     At exactly 6:30 am, she leaves the house with her mother for the supermarket. They then pick the ingredients and the needs of the children.

 

     800 am – Happy Hearts.

     Gum Hee and Somin were at the kitchen of the home with the other mothers and their daughters, Jandi, Jaekyung and Ga Eul, all preparing the things they need for the party later. Most of the volunteers are mothers and their daughters who give their time and money to the children, the husbands have money, the wives spend their free time at Happy Hearts or just home. Now that their children are mostly grown up, they now devote their time to the home. The noise of the mothers bantering with their daughters, are sometimes deafening. But the children find it comforting, because they feel that they are a part of a family.

     The topic now goes to Gum Hee and Somin. Most of the daughters already have their boyfriends, some arranged and others are dating. The three friends of Somin, Jandi, Jae Kyung and Ga Eul are the girlfriends of KHJ’s three friends, Jun Pyo, Yi Jong and Woo Bin. So now the spotlight is on Somin and Hyun Joong. (so the six friends planned the eventual employment of Somin as Hyun Joongs’ new assistant)

    

     1000 am

     So Min was busy fending off questions about her non existent love life when her phone began ringing. (ringtone; paradise). She looks at her phone, she doesn’t recognize the number but still answers because it has been ringing for the past three minutes.

     “hello?” Jung Somin

     “hello, is this Jung So min?” Kim Hyun joong

     “yes, how may I help you? Who’s this by the way?” Somin asked.

     “this is Dr Kim Hyun Joong, at the Parang Univ Medical Center. Im calling about your employment here. I will see you today, at 2 pm, room 235. Will that be alright with you?” Hyun joong asked and ended the call.

     So Min was left speechless. She doesn’t remember passing her resume or applying at any hospital. She then turns to her mother, Gum Hee, who was listening to their conversation. So Min then notices that everybody stopped working and were staring at her. She can even hear their minds ticking.

     “mom, I have to leave early today. A Dr Kim Hyun Joong just called me to report at his office at 2 pm today. He said something about me getting hired as his new assistant. But I don’t ever remember passing any resume.” So min told her mom.

     Then everybody was talking again, paying her no attention.

     “SO MIN you have to go. It could be something good. You have been going with me everyday, I guess its time that you use your talent as a nurse.” Advises her mother, Gum Hee. And everyone else agrees with her.

     “alright mom, but we have to finish this early. I have to at least go home and prepare for this unexpected meeting”.

     Then the story and the banters continue. Forgetting about So min and her unusual phone call.

 

     1230 pm

     After her lunch with the kids at the home, she got a taxi to her house. She left her mother at the home with their friends so they can prepare for the Min ho’s party.

     When she got home, she readied herself. She had a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter