alarming!

borrowed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Hyun Joong walked out of Dr Moon’s office in a daze. He was thinking of ways to tell Somin the news. He’s worried because they have just started their relationship. They haven’t spent much time together yet, then now he has to leave. And there’s the concern for Min ji, what if she hurts Somin while he’s abroad?

Without him knowing it, he was infront of his grandfather’s office, opening the door and greeting Mrs Kang.

“Hello MRs Kang. Is grandpa inside?” Hyun joong asked.

“Hello Joongie. Yes he’s inside. You can go in now.”

“Thank you.” He knocks on his grandfather’s door, opening it.

The minute he saw his grandfather, he rushed to him.

“Grandpa, help me. I’ll be going to Boston next week. I don’t want to leave Somin behind for six months. We just started our relationship. And I’m afraid Min ji would harm her.” Hyun joong tells his grandfather. He has never seen his grandson act this way about a girl. It’s always the girls who are after him and he caring so little for them.

“Why is Somin afraid of Min ji?” Grandpa asked, alarmed. Mrs Kang saw what happened in the hallway when she was on her way to their office this morning. She wanted to intervene but it would sound suspicious. So she let them be, and reported to Dr Kim what happened. Now grandpa Kim is afraid for Somin’s safety as well, he knows how brutal and evil Min ji is. He has been avoiding Min ji’s grandfather, who is another doctor and friend of his to set them up for marriage. He knows that Minji is crazy for Hyun joong since they were in grade school.

“Well I found Somin in my office asleep, she was crying the whole morning, and she has a cut on her lip. Min ji was waiting for her this morning in the hallway, and threatened and hit her. It hurts me so much to see Somin cry because of MInji. And now I’ll be sent to Boston for six months! Grandpa, please, can you talk to the grandfather of my fiancé, to not go thru with the engagement? I really love Somin, and she loves me too.”

Grandpa Kim kept his silence. Now they have to decide about the planned engagement before Hyun joong leaves for Boston. A meeting has to be called tonight. with Min ji around, something might happen to Somin.

“Alright, I’ll try talking again. I understand how you feel Hyun joong. let’s hope for the best.”

“Grandpa, what if I just take Somin with me and we can get married in Boston?” Hyun joong’s thoughts were racing, he’s thinking of ways to avoid his “engagement” to MInji.

“Don’t do that. Somin deserves an engagement party and a grand wedding. I also know that she’s already engaged to a doctor.” Grandpa Kim is really happy to see Hyun joong panicking.

“What! Who is this doctor? Do we know this person?” Hyun joong was panicking from what his grandpa said. “I have to know so I can talk to him. Maybe he also doesn’t like to be engaged to someone he barely knows. I can make Somin happy because we love each other. She doesn’t love that “doctor”, she wont be happy!”

“Hyun joong, let me handle this. I’ll talk to them tonight. Now go back to Somin, she needs you. Be ready for anything. Take her out, go to the mall. Make her happy.”

“Yes grandpa. I’ll file my leave so I can spend my days with her.” Hyun joong bids his grandfather good bye.

“Hyun joong, get Somin a new dress and you a suit. You might need it.” Grandpa says when he was almost out the door.

“Thank you Mrs Kang. Thank you,” bidding goodbye to her.

He hurriedly went back to his office to be with Somin. They have to talk about his six month study abroad. He still doesn’t know how Somin would take it.

She’s still lying down, sleeping. He sat in front of her, looking at her the whole time. She looks so peaceful. He spent moments memorizing her face, the way she sleeps. Thinking of how hurt she must feel when  he tells her about his study abroad. Oh baby, I hope grandpa’s plan work. I only want you, nobody else.

She woke up when she felt his kisses on her forehead.

“Joongie, you’re back. How did it go?” Somin asked smiling, sitting up. Hyun joong seated himself next to her on the couch, pulling her into his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter