Tiffany and Co.

borrowed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

7 o’clock at Somin’s house

Ding dong.

“Oh come in, Hyun joong.” Somin’s mom opens the door for Hyun joong, leading him to the kitchen where Somin’s dad was.

“Good evening, Sir. Good evening, Maam.” Hyun joong, bows to the elders.

“Wait here, I’ll go call SOmin.” Geum hee leaves the room to call Somin.

“Min, Hyun joong’s here. Are you Ready?” Geum hee calls Somin, opening her bedroom door. Somin was standing in front of her mirror, looking at herself, not believing it’s the same Somin who left early this morning to go driving with Hyun joong.

“My baby, looks amazing. Now let’s go. Hyun joong’s waiting for you.” Geum hee, tells Somin. Oh my baby girl, you and Hyun joong look perfect together.

“Ok mom. Coming. Two minutes and I’ll be down.” Somin tells her mom. She picks her purse and takes one last look at the mirror.

“Hello everyone. Joongie, let’s go?” Somin calls Hyun joong, upon entering the kitchen. She was apprehensive at first, she doesn’t know what to expect. If Hyun joong would like it. But from his reaction, mouth open, and not taking off his eyes from hers, Somin  felt she is the most beautiful woman there ever is.

“Oh wow. Baby girl is that really you?” Somin’s dad, said to break the silence.

“Oh dad. Of course it’s me. Who else?” Somin jokes with her dad.

“Joongie, let’s go? Sorry it took me a while to come down.” Somin tells Hyun Joong. who was still looking at her, smiling at her like crazy.

“Oh wait, you have to take a picture of you! Wait!” Geum hee tells them, turning on her camera.

“One two three!” flash. “Perfect.”

Hyun joong looks perfect in his black tux. He and Somin looks perfect together. So min was wearing her champagne cocktail dress and stilettos. Her hair in an elegant French twist with minimal makeup.

“Min, let’s go? Sir, I’ll bring her home after the party. I really don’t know what time it will be over. But hopefully before 2 am.” Hyun joong tells Somins parents.

He then takes Somin’s hand in his, and whispers, “Wow, you look like an angel, and you’re all mine.”

“You don’t look bad yourself, Dr Kim Hyun joong.” SOmin replies Hyun joong. walking hand in hand to his car.

Inside the car, Hyun joong gets the gift he bought for Somin that afternoon. It’s in a blue box with a white bow. He opens the box and takes out her bracelet from Tifanny’s. He was already wearing “his” bracelet.

“Min, I have something for you. I hope you like this.”

He takes Somin’s hand, and fastens the “her” bracelet he bought.

“For me? Thank you Joongie. It’s beautiful!” Somin thanks Hyun joong.

“Anything for you Min. Actually,  we’re wearing matching bracelets.” Leaning to Somin and kissing her on the lips for the first time. The kiss started gently, with all reverence for the girl he loves with all his heart. The kiss growing in passion, leaving them breathless. Hyun joong pulling away first and leans to Somin, hugging her and kissing her forehead. Somin was totally surprised about what happened. In their months of going out together, there was never a time he showed or taken advantage of her. The most affectionate gesture he ever did for her was holding her hand. That’s it. This is their very first kiss.

“Baby, sorry. I cant stop myself anymore. I’ve tried being your friend. I love you.” Hyun joong admits his feelings to a silent and very surprised Somin. He was near tears when he tells Somin his feelings.

“Joongie, me too. I tried being your friend, because I know you’re engaged to someone. I love you too.” Somin admits her feelings, smiling at Hyun joong. “But I’m afraid that when the time comes, I might not be able to let you go.”

“Baby, we love each other, that is what’s important. Trust me, I’ll do everything to stop my engagement to the person my grandparents picked for me.” Hyun joong consoles Somin, holding her hands. “I promise to take care of you and always be with you.”

“I trust you Joongie. I love you.” Somin tells Hyun joong, giving Hyun joong a kiss.

“I love you Baby. but I believe we have a party to go to?” Hyun joong reminds Somin.

“Ok, Dr Kim. Let’s go!”

“Hey that’s grandpa! Haaha.” Hyun joong started driving to the Ritz, all the while holding Somin’s hand. Glancing at her whenever he has a chance.

 

Ritz Carlton Ballroom

 

Reaching the front of the Ritz, Hyun joongs gets out of his red Porsche, and opens the door for Somin. Playing the imperfect gentleman, he trapped Somin between him and the car, and stole a kiss from Somin, leaving her blushing.   

The valet then took the car, leaving him to lead Somin into the ballroom of the Ritz, where the party is being held. He didn’t tell Somin that it was an engagement party for his friend, Hyun soo, who came home from the US to meet his fiancé for the first time.

The ballroom of the Ritz was decorated elegantly. Flowers and candles everywhere. The bands hired played alternately. Conversations going around, among old and new friends. His friends, Jun pyo, Woo bin and Yijong were already there with their dates, Jandi, Jae kyung and Ga eul. And of course, Dr Oh Min ji, her family is friends with Hyun soo’s.

Hyun joong and Somin goes inside the ballroom, her feeling that all eyes were on them. Hyun joong holding tightly to her hand, giving her courage. Min ji spots them the minute they went inside the ballroom. She just had no chance to greet Hyun joong because her parents wanted her to stay with them.

“Baby, trust me. Ok? I’m here. Don’t worry about them.” Hyun joong, tells Somin, looking into her eyes making all her fears evaporate.

“Ok, Joongie. It’s just that I don’t know anyone here.” Somin admits.

“Don’t worry, you know me. And I wont leave your side. And you’ll like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter