grandpa's deal

borrowed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Day 2 – at the office.

    

     At 10 am, she knocks on the office door, she doesn’t have her keys yet. Kim Hyun Joong opens the door for her.

     “Good morning Doctor Kim.” She goes inside the office. And was led by Hyun Joong to her new office. Here, she would keep records, answer phone calls. Her office has a computer on one side, a cabinet where she can put her things and a pink table. And on her table, was the pink vase with a bunch of her favorite flowers, daisies, that she saw at the home depot yesterday when she was with Hyun joong.

     So min did not pay any attention to the flowers since she was busy taking note of everything in the new office. Hyun joong showed her where everything is. The records, records and of course more records! She has to keep notes, knowing her, a known scatter brain!

     Hyun joong while showing her everything, keeps noticing that she keeps on writing everything he says. She doesn’t pay him any attention or to the room that he prepared for her. It came as a surprise to him, because he thought that she was already falling for him, with what they shared yesterday afternoon at the mall. After showing everything to her, the first patient of the day, came in. he had no choice but to leave her on her own.

     So min then entertained the new patient, Mr. Bang. Mr Bang is a regular at the clinic, he also knew the other secretary of Dr Kim, but he eventually warmed up to So min, with her smile and her pretty face.

     She then showed Mr Bang to the office of Dr Kim. Still not minding him, not paying him any attention, which terribly irked him. He was expecting a warm thank you for the new things that he surprised her with this morning, with him coming very early just to fix the place for her. He even went out of his way to buy her daisies! But no, she only said good morning and that’s it. Hmmmm I have to get her attention soon or I might go crazy!

     So min went back to her office, paying no attention to her surroundings and to her boss! So min got busy acquainting herself with the records of the patients, how to handle the files on the computer. Oh well, I have a computer, but obviously I cant play with it. Tsk tsk

     She got busy the whole morning until 130, since 8 more patients came to see Doctor Kim today. She didn’t notice the time since this morning because she was busy with files on the computer.

     “Nurse Somin, let’s have lunch. I have no other patients who are coming today, so let’s have lunch at the canteen.” Invited Hyun joong.

     “Alright doctor, but I still have to practice how to use this computer. I get loss with the files, I’m been at this since this morning, but I still cant get it,” complained So min.

     “alright, after lunch, I will teach you how to operate the files for the records. Ok, so now don’t worry, lets just eat first”. Hyun joong assured her.

     The two left for the canteen, and on their way, other doctors and nurses from the other offices, kept looking at them. Everybody was envious of her, Dr Kim Hyun joong never eats with his assistant. He goes to do his business alone. They cant help but admire the two, they are just perfect for each other. He with his blue slacks and white dress shirt, blue chuck taylors and her in her light pink scrubs with teddy bears for the blouse and pink chuck taylors. It was not meant that they wear matching outfits since it was her first day, but they just like the same things.

     When they were seated at their table, and about to start with their lunch, a very well dressed lady came to their table. She automatically lays her hand on Hyun Joong’s shoulder, which irked him.  The lady kept looking at Somin, with hatred in her eyes.

     “oh Min ji, its you.” KHJ said, quickly removing her hand on his shoulder.

     “I didn’t know you eat now with your secretary. By the way, Im Dr So Min ji. You  must be the new secretary of Dr Kim.” Min ji said, while looking at Somin.

     “good Afternoon Doctor So. Im Jung So min, the new assistant of Dr Kim”. Introduced Somin. So min found it very disturbing that when she saw Min ji lay her hand on Hyun Joongs’ shoulder, irritated her. Stirring something in her.

     “Dr So, this is Nurse So min, my new assistant. Now if you don’t have anything more to say, we would like to eat.” Dismissed Hyun Joong. Irritated.

     “Oh well , I guess I better leave then.” Min ji then left the two. She just cant believe that Hyun Joong dismissed her like that. She knows he doenst like her, not one bit. Even after she tried to persuade the old Doctor Kim to set them up for a date, to no avail. And now, he’s having lunch with his new assistant! And they’re talking! This cant be!

     “Sorry for that. But Min ji has been after me since we were in grade school. I don’t find her appealing at all. As a friend, she’s ok, but as a partner, no. So don’t pay her much attention. Ok?” explained Hyun Joong. Hyun Joong didn’t know what came into him, explaining everything to So min. he just found it easy for him to ex[lain it to So min.

     “That’s ok, doctor. But why cant you like her? She would be perfect for you.” Says So min, looking down at her food.

     “I already found my match.” Hyun Joong looking at So min’s reaction, but she was looking at her food, so he cant see her reaction

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter