day one

borrowed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

All alone in his bed, after texting her, he tossed and turned. How can he win this time? He already knew that whatever they had, was temporary. He knew very well that they both belonged to other people.

Now, it’s almost time to say goodbye. But he’s still given a chance to prove them that he deserves Somin. He has to think of ways to do this.

At dawn, he messaged his three friends, Jun pyo, Woo bin and Yi jong.

Hey. I need help. meet me for breakfast? Starbucks?

At seven, he received replies.

Yeah, I’ll be there. Jun pyo

Hey, it’s too early! Woo bin

Ye, see you. Yi jong

 

After a fitful one hour sleep, he left the house in sweats to go and meet his friends at Starbucks. He ordered them lattes, and seated on the far left table in the corner. He was wearing his shades to cover his red rimmed eyes.

One by one they came, Woo bin came first then Yi jong and Jun pyo and seated themselves.

“So what’s the problem?” Woo bin asked.

“Well, you were there last night. I need help. how did you all did it?” Hyun joong asked, he looked troubled.

“For one, I now welcome you to our world. I always knew this day would come. The day when you’re going to us for help.” Yi jong said sipping his coffee.

Jun pyo was silently sipping his latte. “Show them that she is your world, that she’s the most important thing. Protect her.”

“She is the most important thing to me, you know that.” Hyun joong tells them, considering what Jun pyo said.

“I know. Take this two weeks to show them that. You know her more than anyone in this room. Protect her.” Jun pyo tells him.

“Take care of the Min ji business. No parent would want their daughter to be hurt by another woman who is obsessed by you.” Yi jong, adds.

The four friends, who haven’t seen each other for a few months, caught up with each other’s lives. Yi jong will be announcing his engagement to Ga eul in December and the wedding set in April. Woo bin and Jun pyo already had their engagements announced. The three also had to prove their intentions for their fiancés, they were also tested by the same group.

After sharing their experiences and Hyun joong listening to his friends, they said their goodbyes.

“So, good luck. We wish you all the best. You can do this. Just think of Somin first, before deciding to do anything.” Woo bin advises him, clapping him on his back before taking off on his lotus.

Hyun joong went back to Starbucks and bought coffee for Somin and her parents and Eun jo.

Somin woke up, but stayed in her bed. She’s worried about Hyun joong and herself. What if he failed? She doesn’t like the idea of her marrying anyone other than Hyun joong. he is her world. Somin was deep in her thoughts, her phone beeps.

Good morning baby. wake up, I’m downstairs in the kitchen with your parents, I brought your favorite cappuccino.

Really? You’re here?

Yep, in the flesh. I cant pass the day not seeing you.

Ok. I’ll be right down.

when Somin got down to the kitchen in her pink pajamas, Hyun joong was making waffles for everyone. He looked so natural in a pink apron, her entire family was there, enjoying their morning coffee and Hyun joong’s cooking.

“Good morning.” Somin greets her parents and brother, she went to Hyun joong, “Good morning babe.” She whispers to him.

“Good morning baby. I want to make you breakfast. And I’m practicing the role of husband.” Hyun joong whispers to her, smiling at her. the rest of the family were enjoying the food that Hyun joong prepared for them and didn’t pay them any attention.

“Well DR Kim, you have ten days after all. What are we doing today?” Somin asked him, sipping her coffee.

“First, breakfast then, we are going driving. You have to pass the exam this Wednesday. I want you to ace your parking.” He tells her, plating the food and walking to the table, with Somin following him.

“Hyun joong, sit down and eat. The food’s getting cold,” Somin’s mom tells him. He sits beside Somin. his hand holding hers under the table.

“IS it ok if I take Somin driving today?” HE asked permission. “Her exam is this Wednesday, and I want her to ace her parking technique.”

“Sure. And could you take her car shopping? I know you know a lot about cars more than I do. Eun jo cant take her, he’s leaving for Jeju this Monday.” Her dad tells Hyun joong.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter