Chapter 37

But she's a playgirl....right??

Warning: emotional chapter ;(

Jooyeon POV

“I told you not to ask for another one!!!” I yelled at Kai frustrated. I kept quiet for the first two shots that he asked for because I thought that maybe he was tired or had to much burdens, but this went to far. He’s young and if he keeps drinking it’s going to damage his body. I didn’t wanted to admit it, but I care a lot about him right now. So much that the frustration that I’m feeling because he refuses to listen to me, it’s wanting to make me cry. I don’t cry easily, but I just can’t understand why my heart hurts so much imagining that something bad may happen to Kai. Why can’t he listen to me? Why can’t he stop?

“JONGIN!” I yelled when he started sipping his new drink. I felt tears threatening to fall from my eyes, but I didn’t wanted Kai to watch me cry so I hoped that he was to drunk to notice them.

“I think you should get him out of here.” Said the bartender before leaving to attend another costumer.

“Shut up!” yelled the drunk Kai at him but the bartender was to far away to hear him.

“Please, Kai.” I begged him and he turned to me.

“Party pooper.” He said while sighing and standing up from his chair. He almost fell and I helped him to stand up properly. He already had a stronger alcohol scent than the guy from before.

“Get away.” He mumbled trying to release himself from me, but I didn’t move. Instead, I went closer. Slipping his arm above my shoulders and holding him from the waist to help him walk. I guided him out of the casino into a hallway.  When we reached the elevators, I pressed the button and waited for it to arrive.

“Jooyeon-ah! You ruined my shirt.” Kai whined like a child too. It seemed cute but I was to worried about him and stressed to pinch his cheeks. Jeez! He doesn’t even realizes that it was him who got  his shirt soaked with his drink when he almost fell to the ground before.

“yeah yeah yeah…. I’m sorry.” I said tired of this. I just want to wake up from this nightmare.

“Why are you so sad? I’m supposed to be the one crying.” He said chuckling in his drunk state. What does he mean by that? Was he drinking because something made him sad or disturb him?

“Let’s go.” I said annoyed with this different side of him when the doors from the elevator opened. We went inside and soon arrived at our floor. By the time we stepped out, Kai was sleepy and I had to practically dragged him into our room. After struggling with the cardkey on the door, it opened and we entered. I closed the door and guided Kai to our room.

“So soft.” Kai mumbled as he snuggled on the bed. I sighed and slipped off my heels before standing by his side. His front was against the matress and his back facing the ceiling. Half of his face was against the pillow and I was in front of him.

“But you know what? You are softer.” He said chuckling while closing his eyes. I blushed at his statement. Did he really meant it? Or is he to drunk?

“Come on, Jongin. You can’t sleep like that.” I told him but there was no response. I shook him and noticed that he was already asleep. I sighed before taking off his shoes and socks. I returned to his side and started turning him over so I could take off his dirty and soaked clothes with alcohol. I started ing his shirt when I felt him stir. I stopped and looked at his face. He was opening his eyes. Damn it! He woke up. Now it will be harder to help him. He looked at himself and noticed what I was doing.

“WOW! You couldn’t wait until tomorrow? We have a honeymoon week, baby, but let me help you.” He said drunk as he finished ing his shirt and I blushed.

“I didn’t meant it like that. Your shirt is wet.” I said trying to explain myself.

“Don’t be shy. We are married now~.” He sang while taking off his shirt. I started panicking and said

“Kai, seriously. Just wear another shirt. Please, Jongin.” I said trying to stop him, but Kai held my wrist and pulled me so I would fell into the bed. He pinned me under him and stood on all fours above me. My heart was beating so fast that it was unhealthy. I could have a heart attack right now. I could feel blood rushing to my face and my body heating up. He approached me until his lips touched my neck. I stiffened and Kai chuckled.

“I love it when you call me Jongin.” He said and closed  his eyes before his face started approaching mine. My heart stopped beating, I swear. Is he going to kiss me? OMG……Just when our lips were centimeters away I felt Kai pressed his entire body against mine. I looked at him and found that he had fallen asleep. I sighed and face palmed. I tried to move out from under him and when I finally did it, I sighed…Once again, running my fingers through my hair as I looked at the sleeping and shirtless Kai. I caressed his soft hair as he slept. Gosh! I don’t know but I love to this to him. It feels so soft and perfect. It’s not like when I caress Sehun’s or my ex-boyfriends’. A smile crept on my face and after I realized it, I let go of his hair and widen my eyes. This feelings. The pain from imagining him getting hurt or knowing that  we are married but do not have a chance to be together. And a lot of other problems without explanations that cloud my mind. All of them have sense to me now. I don’t like Jongin. I love him. I love Jongin so much.

I e of my hands into a fist while grabbing the blanket, with the other one I tightly grabbed the necklace that Kai gave me, which I unconsciously hasn’t taken off since I wore it for the first time and I let the tears fall from my eyes. Finally I understand. The pain in my heart was to much, and I hoped this tears would clean it away. I let out a sob and quickly turned to Kai scared that he may wake up and see me crying. I saw him sleeping peacefully and thought about him. He doesn’t even likes me. Why would he like a person like me? Someone so special and perfect as him wouldn’t like someone which everybody talks and gossip about as me. I stood up from the bed and ran to the living room.  I let out another sob and the tears wouldn’t stop falling. Why did this happened to me? Why all of the sudden? Without warning. Why is it so strong? This is ridiculous. This is stupid. If just Yongjoo wouldn’t have appeared into my life again she wouldn’t have turned it upside down. I placed my back against the couch and hugged my knees. I sobbed and cried until there weren’t any more tears to be dropped. Then I fell asleep on the cold and expensive floor.

 

“Arghh!!” I heard Kai scream and woke up. I sat up and noticed that I had slept at the floor. I quickly stood up, stumbling because of my sore body and went to the bedroom. Kai was in the floor holding his head.

“Stupid hangover.” He mumbled to himself without noticing my presence. I went to his side and helped him stood up.

“Yah…What…uhm…” he said but I ignored him and guided him to the bathroom. I pushed him inside and closed the door.

“What are you doing?” I heard Kai from behind the door. I pressed my back against the door and kicked it with my foot.

“Shut up and take a shower.” I said and Kai didn’t answered. When I heard the water running I sighed and went to the mirror beside the nightstand. I looked horrible from all that crying from last night and lack of sleep. I headed to the other bathroom and washed my face before taking a long bath. I could stay here, in the bath all day. I don’t want to face Kai right now. Does he remember everything from last night? Did he forgot? How will he act? What about me? But as much as I wanted to stay here, I can’t avoid him for the rest of our lives. Right? No. I can’t. so I decided to finish my bath and exit the bathroom wearing a towel since I forgot to bring clothes. I peeked from the bathroom but saw that Kai wasn’t around so I went straight to the closet. After picking my clothing I returned to the bathroom and changed into my new clothes.I walked through the hallway into the living room and went straight to the door, hoping that Kai was nowhere around h-

“Where are you going?” asked Kai from behind me. I froze while holding the doorknob. I didn’t answered, moved or turn around for minutes until Kai spoke again

“Jooyeon?” he asked and I heard the sounds coming from the couch’s material, indicating that Kai stood up, but he didn’t walked. Just stood there waiting for my answer.

“Do you……………do you remember anything?” I asked with a serious and calmed voice without moving my gaze from the doorknob.

“From last night?” he asked and I stood in silence, so he took it as my answer.

“I do. Everything, and I’m sorry.” He said and I felt my eyes moisten with fresh tears. I let a silent sob escape that he didn’t heard and swallowed my cry. I turned the doorknob and opened the door once I heard Kai’s footsteps approaching me.

“I’ll be back at night.” I said while leaving the apartment.

“Jooyeon, wait!” I heard Kai’s words as the door closed. I quickly went to the elevator and entered. Thank goodness it was at this floor. As the doors closed I let the tears fall. You don’t need to apologize, Kai. I’m sad because of other reasons.