Chapter 36

But she's a playgirl....right??

Jooyeon POV

“Well… I don’t know.” Answered Kai

“Me neither.” I lied

“However, I received a message from your mom while you took a bath and she said that we have reservations for tonight at the hotel’s restaurant so we need to get ready.” I said

“Maybe we can continue talking about this during dinner.” Kai said and I nodded.

“Then, I’ll take a bath and change.” I said as I stood up and went into the bathroom. After changing into the dress

I went out and saw that Kai was ready.

“Let’s go.” I said and we exit the room and headed to the restaurant. Once we arrived I was in awe. It looked very expensive and romantic. Being from a rich family, I’m used to this kind of places, but this one was different. The waitress guided us to our reserved table and left. After ordering our food, there was just silence, well….more awkward silence. Another waitress came and served wine. Kai quickly took a sip.

“Aren’t you going to taste it?” he asked me and I shook my head as a response.

“I can’t drink.” I answered. I once drank with my friends after my parents left to China and it didn’t went well. Nothing well. Plus, we are still underage. We married because our parents are very wealthy and they have connections.

“Excuse me. Can you please bring a coke?” Kai called the waitress and he nodded before getting it. I unconsciously smiled because he remembered that I love cola.

“Why are you smiling?” asked Kai curious

“Nothing.” I said still smiling. Gosh!.... what is happening to me? Seriously, Jooyeon. You need to control or else Kai will notice some day that you have feelings for him.

“So… about what we were talking earlier?” continued Kai

“Uhm… about treating each other as housemates or roommates?” I asked and Kai nodded

“Maybe at home. But you know there will be times where we need to act. Like in front of our parents or their friends.” He said and I sighed. I forgot about that.

“Then, let’s enjoy our stay here and sort those things when we arrive.” I suggested

“ok.” He accepted and just then the waitress came with our food. After we finished eating, we decided to tour around the hotel. We somehow ended up at the casino.

“This place is huge.” Kai mumbled in amazement. I didn’t liked it at all. It smelled like alcohol and smoke. It was over crowded and everyone was very rich and bragging about their money. Except the girls in short dresses that wanted to fool some wealthy and rich men. I just quietly followed Kai as he traveled around the place. It was hard not to lose him from my sight since I kept bumping into people that were in my way. After struggling for a long time, I lost sight of Kai. I looked around everywhere near, trying to find him, but it was useless.

“Are you lost, pretty?” asked a drunk handsome man who approached me.

 

He seemed young and he was obviously rich, but the scent of alcohol coming from him was so strong that it was all I could smell at the moment. At the same time that I was watching him, he was eyeing me from head to toes as well.

“Get lost.” I said in disgust and continued watching around for Kai.

“Aww… come on~” he begged whining like a child. I had to look  at him once more and I felt pity of someone so handsome and young that would be wasting his money on a casino, drinking so much and damaging his body and on top of that trying to flirt with a complete stranger.

“You are seriously drunk. Get lost and go back to your room or something.” I told him again. I was about to move far away from him when he grabbed my wrist.

“But I’m lost too.” He said in a cute way and pouting. I chuckled because even if this guy was drunk he managed to look charming or something.

“I’m sorry.” I said and I tried to look for Kai again.

“Don’t leave.” Said the guy as he pulled me and embraced me in a tight hug. I stiffened and inmediatly tried to get away from him but he didn’t let go.

Kai POV

I was looking for Jooyeon all around the casino. I swear she was behind me and when I turned she was gone, so here am I trying to find her. I returned the same way we came in in case she stood somewhere waiting for me and I finally found her, but I was shocked. She was hugging some stupid guy in the middle of the crowd that ignored them. I quickly felt very angry and something else I couldn’t decipher. It  hurt me even if I wanted to deny it, so I   approached them and heard her talking

“-o please let go. Look for someone else.” After hearing those words from her I softened a bit. But still, how can she let some random man hug her? The man kept hugging her and I went nearer them from behind her.

“Aish! Jinja!... get lost.” She said trying to push him. I unconsciously reacted and I pulled the guy away from her while giving him a death glare.

“Hey! I found her first.” The moron whined

“Don’t touch her.” I said with an icy tone but the guy was to drunk to notice.

“Move. She’s mine.” He demanded in a possessive way but I sighed before grabbing Jooyeon by her wrist and guiding her far away from the guy. I didn’t stopped walking for some time because I was in deep thoughts until Jooyeon got her hand away from mine. Once I felt the emptiness I quickly turned around to face her.

“Thanks.” She mumbled and I sighed again. I turned and found that we were near to one of the bars from the casino so I went to it and sat there. Jooyeon followed me and sat beside me while placing her arms on the table. I looked at them and noticed the wedding ring on her finger. It brought mixed feelings to me and I felt as if I was carrying a lot of weight on my shoulders.

“Give me something.” I told the bartender.

“What do you want, sir?” he asked me while checking out Jooyeon at the same time. I scoffed and said

“Just give me something, hurry up.” I said with a glare and cold tone. I watched Jooyeon and she seemed uncomfortable. I just want to drink to forget about all this problems and feelings.

“Here.” Said the bartender giving me a glass and I quickly drank from it. It burned at the beginning but I shrugged it off and kept drinking. I quickly finished it and asked for another one. When I placed the second empty glass on the table, I called the bartender again.

“Jongin.” Jooyeon called me and  I noticed that she had been quiet while I drank. I looked at her and she continued

“I think you should stop. It’s enough.” She said in a serious tone but I ignored her and turned to the bartender

“Why haven’t you left already? Hurry up and get me another shot.” I told him and he nodded before leaving to get it. I heard Jooyeon sigh and the bartender returned with the glass. I sipped the drink as the bartender suddenly spoke.

“Is he your boyfriend, aghassi?” he asked Jooyeon. I anticipated her answer and sipped more from the drink even if I was getting a bit dizzy already.

“It’s complicated.” She replied and her answer disappointed me. What’s so complicated? You are my wife for God’s sake. Full of feelings I finished my glass and turned to the bartender with a glare. He understood and went to make another glass.

“Jongin! It’s enough.” Said Jooyeon almost shouting at me and holding my arm.

“Don’t tell me what to do.” I told her and accepted the glass from the bartender. As I drank it I watched Jooyeon into her eyes and she was doing the same, but there is something in her look that I can’t tell what it is. I finished the glass and placed it on the table. I cleared my aching throat and turned to her. She looked angry and she said

“Don’t you dare ask for another one.” She warned and I told her

“Don’t think you can tell me what to do just because we are married, wifey.” I said and from the corner of my eyes I saw the surprise on the bartender’s eyes and I motioned him with my hand to get me another one without taking my eyes from Jooyeon’s.