Thorough Research

One Lock, Two Keys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

It's been a few days since that date/group study happened, none of the girls making any move yet since they don't even know how to plan things that might pick Amber's interest. Amber has never been interested in any of the things related to feelings or some petty stuffs to do that she considered more likely to be nuisance, she is a workaholic for sure, she basically live for the hospital and her family, thus making things more puzzling than solving a rubix cube. Both of the girls were also having a packed schedule due to the SRO projects here and there as well as their respective assignment from their major. They're kind of overwhelmed with everything yet they're also feeling pressured that they have their life goal that they have to achieve within 6 months, make Amber falling for them. Krystal let out a heavy sigh as she lean her head on the table during their lunch break, everyone was wondering what happen this time, "what's with her this time?" Sooyoung asked as she placed her tray on the table and take a seat. "She is overwhelmed with university life, typical first year struggle." Jessica came to take a seat beside her little sister "that is why you should be smarter next time soojung ah, not just randomly applied for SRO and not knowing the consequences." Krystal let out another heavy sigh as she got lectured by her sister. Suzy came to the table with Jia helping her to walk, Suzy also feel overwhelmed with everything, she slumps herself on the seat next to Krystal as Jia take a seat in front of her. "I bet she got the same problem eh?" Sunny asked while munching on her mashed potato. Jia just nodded as she was also feeling a bit tired because she help Suzy quite a lot, either with SRO or with school assignment, but she has better stamina than the other girl. Amber and Victoria still sitting on their usual corner, "what's with them?" Victoria asked as she stole glances to the two girls that looks like a mess. Amber turn her gaze to them for a bit before going back to read her book "probably overwhelmed with SRO and assignments, it's their first year after all." Amber then take another look at them as she felt a bit of worried with the two girls, Victoria notice it "if you're worried about them, why don't you just help them?". Amber shook her head and continue her reading yet she can't deny that she's a bit worried with the two, she let out a heavy sigh and began to write something on the paper then handed it to Victoria "tell them to buy these at the pharmacy". Victoria declined the task and told Amber to just go to them and give it herself, she decline it with a creepy smile all over her face.

Amber grunts in annoyance before standing up from her seat and walk towards their table, she stand behind Krystal and Suzy earning a confused look from everyone else "give this to the pharmacy, for them" Amber handed the paper to Jia before walking back to her seat and continue reading her book. "wow.. that's kind of weird, but acceptable. let me see that" Yuri ask for the paper and read the prescription Amber gave for the two in details , she look at the two girls and start examining them closely, the two girls just look at Yuri confusedly on what's going on, Yuri let out a small chuckles with amazement written on her face "she did it again. I don't know how she did it but she just somehow did it." Yuri wants to give the paper to Jia but Sooyoung took it to read the notes and look at the two girls "oh hell yeah, she's definitely a witch" Sooyoung said as she handed it to Jia. Everyone is curious on whatever Amber has written on the paper "well that medicine and vitamins, Amber wrote in details about the doses and everything else, I would prescribe the same for them after I actually examine them like earlier. it's exactly an on point examination, specific dose for each of them. That's why I said I don't know how she did that without examining them at all." Yuri explained. "she's a witch" Sooyoung said while munching her second portion of beef bulgogi. "Amber unnie?" the two girls asking the same question at the same time, confused with what just happened when they fall asleep "yes, your precious unnie just prescribe you something to help you not to die in your first year” they both turn their head to the song sisters' table looking confused only to be greeted by happy Victoria with a wink and waves, Amber didn't even bother to look at them, she just keep reading her book. "Both of your medicines are actually have similar purpose but different kind of substance. Like I will have to ask you first if you have any allergic reaction to any medication before prescribing these because this was not the first options available unless you do have some sort of allergic. Did she memorize every single person in this building or something? did you guys ever told her that?" Sooyoung still disbelief with everything. The two girls just shook their head in unison as they're as confused as the others. "She probably know it from our uni hospital database, both of them already hospitalized there before" Yuri said plainly, Sooyoung wants to say something else but decided not to because it'll just make things more irrational. "oh yeah, she mostly remember her patient's record for the past few months especially if it is a peculiar case. AH I SEE IT NOW! THAT'S HOW SHE DID IT! SHE MUST BE STILL REMEMBER THEIR MEDICAL RECORD!" Yuri said excitedly as she finally found the reason behind Amber's no touch examination. "are you fking serious? she memorize it?? heol I can't even memorize the subject I will have exam tomorrow. daebak." Hyoyeon said in such amazement. "she's a witch indeed" Jessica said agreeing with Sooyoung. Krystal and Suzy are on their deep thought wondering what's gotten into Amber's mind, 'she pays attention to us?'

it's been a full month since they were told the deadline, the two girls manage to do their work and responsibilities more efficiently, giving them more spare time to think about their plan for Amber. Their health is not deteriorating thanks to Amber's prescription, it helps them quite significantly to stay healthy and sharp. Somehow the lock holder just can't help it but keep an eye on the two key holders, she doesn't look that she care much about them but she always stays alert and observe the two from afar, taking mental notes on their habit and food intake, Victoria notice the changing behavior on her sister and she is happy that her sister finally care about someone else other than her. The two girls most likely doesn't even realize that Amber is keeping an eye on them and ready to jump in right away if something wrong happen to any of them. Krystal begin to bring the topic about the date deal with Suzy, they both agreed to have 2 date chances each as they were thinking about Amber's packed schedule at the hospital, they also agreed to take turns, they toss a coin to know whose going first, turns out to be Krystal. Suzy just smile and cheering for her, this unlikely bond they got is really unique and they both like it. Krystal started planning her date to the finest details so everything would be perfect, she really wants to impress Amber within the 2 chances she got, she is pretty much determined about it. Sulli and Luna were just cheering for her and help her to execute her elaborate plan somehow, it's quite complicated one and they kind of worried that it might be too much for a first actual date but Krystal really want everything to be just perfect so they just trying their best to help her.

Krystal waiting for Amber outside her classroom to give her the invitation for a date, she waited nervously outside the class, earning some attention from the other seniors, wondering what is the ice princess' sister standing there, waiting for Yuri or something? that's what they thought. Yuri exit the class and found Krystal outside her class "krys? what are you doing here?" Yuri asked confusedly, Krystal was about to answer Yuri but Amber is walking towards the door so her gaze immediately turned to her, Yuri understood the situation and just patted the girl's shoulder before making her way to the exit gate. Amber saw Krystal at the door, holding a piece of envelope, seems to be waiting for her. Amber stop in front of her, waiting for Krystal to say something, her aura is kind of intimidating but Krystal's determination is bigger than that, "let's have a date unnie, this saturday. The details is inside the envelope, see you later Amber unnie" Krystal smiles and walks away from her. Amber place the envelope inside her inner jacket pocket, planning to open it later on at home, she walks to the parking lot to meet Victoria that has been waiting for her, she got inside the car and Victoria already looking at her suspiciously "I saw Krystal with that face, something must've happened. What is it?" Amber just stare at her expressionless "she ask me out for a date this saturday" Victoria squeals in happiness and excitement, Amber winced on the high pitched noise that her older sister made, it hurts Amber's sensitive ears. "We'll drop by the mall, you'll need a new clothes" Victoria said as she just step on the gas pedal quite deep, making a loud noises all over the parking lot. "why new clothes? I have tons at home" Amber feels like it's not necessary to waste money on something that she already have and still in a good condition. "yes your clothes that mostly black or formal or doctor kind of clothes. You'll need something else for the date and remember, don't mess it up this time" Victoria warn her in stern voice, Amber was confused about it but she decided to just let her older sister do her thing.

It’s already Saturday, Krystal couldn’t sleep at all the night before, she was too nervous and excited at the same time. She went out early in the morning to have final evaluation on her plan today before the actual date happen, her mom just cheered on her and forced her to eat something before she left so she wont feel sick. The date is at 10am at the book cafe she found out from a website, the cafe looks neat, quiet, and peaceful, it fits Amber’s preferences. Krystal even make a timetable on what should they do for the day, she goes as detailed as possible so there will be no mistake, she wants to have a perfect flawless date for the first impression. She went inside the cafe not so long after they opened, she choose the best seat available according to her judgement on how Amber used to behave. She sat there and drink a warm chamomile tea while waiting for Amber, the aromatic tea gives her sense of calming even though her heart is pounding like crazy. Athena and Aphrodite already sit on the best seat to watch everything live, they didn’t disguise themselves as humans but just watching them as invisible goddesses. Khun walks through the door as he took a seat beside the goddesses, rolling his eyes in boredom, not looking forward for this date at all. “I’m pretty sure the staffs here would be fancying Amber a lot today, something that Krystal missed eh?” The demigod said nonchalantly, Aphrodite grows a bit concerned about the facts that it could be something bothering Amber for this date.

She barely wear something other than just pure black or anything dark, but today is different. She doesn’t really mind it because the color still mainly black and there are no parts of her skin getting exposed too much, it’s actually quite comfortable. Her short hair wrapped in a red beanie that makes her face more stood out, those define jawline really leaves an impression to anyone who see her. She wear a white long sleeve shirt with black stripes pattern along with a long grey jeans with a pair of black boots, she looks so elegant yet casual. The doorbell chimes softly as Amber opened the door walks inside the cafe calmly with cold aura surrounding her, making her look even cooler than she already is, the outfit Victoria choose for her really emphasize her great looks. The staffs’ eyes couldn’t help it but looking at her in awe just like the demigod has predicted. Athena and Aphrodite also quite impressed with the changes, it made them even more excited on how this date would go. Krystal who were sipping on her tea heard the bell and her eyes goes straight to the door where she saw Amber looking differently yet it's so captivating, just like in a slow motion, Amber look around the tables and her eyes met the bewildered Krystal. She went straight to the table and took a seat in front of Krystal. Krystal hurriedly placed down her cup of tea while keep chanting inside her head to stay calm, she greeted the younger liu, bowing a bit "Good Morning unnie" Amber just look at her and nodded, waiting for what they'll do here. "uhm.. you can order whatever you want from the cafe and I've got something for you" Krystal said while sliding a thick book to Amber. The younger liu took the book and saw the title, she looked at Krystal "where did you find this?" she asked flatly as she started to flipping through the pages. "I went to the uni's library and asked the librarian on which book or journal that you're looking for and haven't got it yet, she gave me a title and I look for it on the internet, make a few calls and this place said they have it, that's why I ask you for a date here. it's quiet and cozy here, I thought you might like it." Krystal explain with a smile plastered on her face, a winning smile as she feels like she has accomplished something. Amber indeed feel a bit impressed on how far Krystal prepared for this particular date, she nodded as she continued to read the book Krystal just got her and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter