Date (?)

One Lock, Two Keys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

Amber did some research on her own through the internet so she can find out the answer she is looking for, some said there will be sparks between 2 person if they like each other. Though Amber didn't really understand what kind of spark the article is talking about but she just thought that it must be something to do with her heart. She is eating breakfast with Victoria as she keeps scrolling through her phone, picking Victoria's interest on what's really going on inside Amber's mind. "What are you trying to find?" Victoria ask while munching a piece of sliced tomato. "science articles that might support a hypothesis" Amber said plainly as she eat her sliced fruits. "school assignment?" Victoria probe further to know what is it about. "not exactly an assignment, I was thinking about what you told me yesterday so I'm trying to find the logical reason behind that and how to cope with it. I found some articles about the thing you called "feelings" and it's only our brain messing up with our hormones. I want to know how to deal with it, hormone injection or something? hmm.." Amber said as she keeps reading on some studies about brain. Victoria put down her fork and took away Amber's phone so she can get her attention "not everything can be explained by science, Amber. Geez you're worst than I thought. How about you try to go on a date with them this weekend? you're free from ER schedule too" Amber gave Victoria a confused look as she hear the word "date" because it's never been her thing in her entire life, she never go on a date with anyone, she only go with Victoria and her parents, that's all, other than that, it's ER or home. "yes, you hear me right, a date. then you can decide what you want to do next with them. If you don't feel anything about them at all, then just tell them that so they can move on with life. I pity them for keep waiting for you despite they can do other things out there. It's how you make things fair for them now." Victoria said as she pick up their plates to place it in a dishwasher. "that's fair and logical indeed. I'll go with that plan then" Amber said plainly, not showing any interest or emotion as if it was just a regular plan for the weekend, just like work. Victoria let out a sigh as she knew that her sister most probably misunderstand her point but she also happy that her sister agreed to that plan.

They arrived at school coincidentally at the same time with the girls, Amber walk towards them with her straight face “Date, saturday, 11am, Athens Cafe” she said coldly before leaving the two puzzled behind. “What just happened?” Luna asked confusedly as she’s trying to process everything, Jia also looks as puzzled as everyone else, none of them moved from their spot for a good 30 seconds before Victoria came to them while massaging her forehead, “well there she goes as I was expected she would do. Anyways, she just asked you two for a date this saturday as she was mentioned before. That’s partly my fault that this happen but I guess you’ll be delighted to accept the invitation..? Well, goodluck to you two.” Victoria said as she pats the two young girls’ shoulder before walks away to catch up with Amber. “So Amber unnie just plainly ask us to have a date with her this saturday? Like both of us?! At the same time?!” Krystal said in shock trying to process the information. “Yeah but why though?! What’s with the sudden change?! First she pushed us away, and now she want us to go on a date?! More to add, all together?! I mean I don’t mind to go out with you since we’re friends anyways, but like going on a date with the woman we both like and together, like three of us?! How does that even make any sense?!” Suzy rambling about everything as she is trying to think what kind of logic Amber might have inside that genius brain that she can plan out like this. Luna, Jia, and Sulli just scratching the back of their head as they heard the crazy ideas that just being thrown to them, they just standing there, looking at their best friends arguing over something that doesn’t even need to be argued on the first place since both of them will be going anyways. The three end up just dragging the two key holders inside the building and send them to their respective classes before they start a real fight.

Amber set a schedule on her phone calendar as if it was an assignment, Victoria just let out a heavy sigh knowing this is not right. “Amber, I think you kind of miss my point. When I said you should go on a date with them doesn’t mean that you go with them at the same time. It’s just not right, how can you make bonding with any of them if it is at the same time like that? You wont know what they need, what they like, what they love, like small details. You’ll not going to get the answer you’re looking for if it is like that” Victoria desperately trying to make her sister to understand. Amber with her straight face just plainly said “I’ll just touch their hands, if there is no spark means they can move on with their life. That’s fair for everyone.” Victoria just faceplam herself as she was so dumbfounded with the fact Amber could think as simple as that. “Love doesn’t work that way. Remember it took me how many years for you to open up your heart to me? Love needs time to bloom.” Victoria said in frustration as she tried to make her sister to understand. “We don’t have that much time, we’ll graduate soon. Then I’ll just let them decide when and where the next date is. I’ll give them equal chance until our graduation. Is that fair and long enough?” Amber said coldly. Victoria let out another sigh before agreeing to Amber’s plan, she must’ve come with another set of explanation for the two girls after this.

Athena is intrigued with the new situation they got into this time, a satisfying smile can be seen from Athena's face as she sat on her throne. A glimpse of light flashes in front of her temple, a beautiful figure can be seen standing elegantly before she rushes inside the temple with anger "what was she thinking?? Athena!! how this is even possible?? this doesn't make any sense!! it's so unforgiveable for her to think that love can be that simple! it's a complicated and most beautiful form of emotion that human can express! Athenaaaa!!" the goddess came inside Athena's temple only to find Athena seems to be enjoying the whole situation happen between the lock and key holders. Athena just let out a small chuckles as she saw the angry Aphrodite "well, you can't really blame her though. She never knew the word love to begin with so her brain does it all, then this happen. I kinda enjoy this new scenario though. Why don't you try to enjoy it as well? also love can be painful, you know that more than I do, so your words about love is still arguable though you're the goddess of love" Athena told her servants to serve Aphrodite with a glass of warm drink to help the goddess calm down. Aphrodite slumps herself on the empty chair beside Athena as she drink and watching the screen in front of them "ugh this is so frustrating" she murmurs. Athena stand up and close the screen in front of them "how about we just go down there to see them up close? I know you partly enjoy pretending to be human, maybe it can help you release some anger" Athena smile and prepare to go to earth, Aphrodite just rolled her eyes as she put down the glass to join Athena.

Credit Photos To Owner

Saturday finally come for the two to have a questionable date with Amber, it almost feels like study group instead of a date. Amber already arrived first, wearing her casual black jacket and black shirt, along with black pants and black shoes, at the cafe as she sat at the corner of the cafe, avoiding crowds though she already captured some of the guests' attention due to her cool aura, she just sit there sipping her coffee while working on a new theory she has been working on for a while for a better and safer surgery procedure, murmurs can be heard from the guests' talking about her and questioning who is she. Suzy came second, wearing a simple striped pink shirt, with a pink skirt that emphasize her hip line and slender legs, she let her hair loose with a slight curl at the bottom, small sling bag that compliments her style as well as natural make up to keep it not too flashy. Her bright aura grab some attention from the guest who were busy wondering who Amber is and then come the other figure

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter