Changing Plans

One Lock, Two Keys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

The older Song calmly sit on a metal chair that is given inside the room, waiting for her sister. She takes a sip on a warm tea that has been prepared for her as she put the cup on top of a metal table in front of her. The room is bright, with a one side seek through window, similar to any interogating room in the movies but without the chain holding the older Song's wrist. Dimmed noises that come from outside the roon started to get louder and louder as someone opens the door to reveal someone that is being carried arm to arm by two woman with a badge. Victoria's eyes widened as she saw her sister unconscious and being carried by two strangers inside the room, she hurriedly stand up and shot a glares towards the two woman.

"Oh cmon, mind helping us carrying your sister to the chair? You can throw your tantrums after this, she is quite heavy you know." One of the woman that has a fatal appearance said annoyedly, the older Song easily lift up her sister bridal style and place her gently on the other metal chair beside where she was sitting before. She heard a soft snores came from the younger song, part of her felt relieved that she knew her younger sister was just sleeping. "Okay before you kill us with your skilled martial art, I just want to say that we didn't harm your sister. In fact she almost broke my arm and snap my neck when I was just saying her full name. My partner has to sedate her to make her fall asleep so she wont kill me. The drugs will worn out in a minute. Gosh I never know fetching 1 young college girl can jeopardize my life." The stranger explained as she slumps herself on the chair opposite of them. Victoria calmed down knowing that her sister is fine, she felt a bit sorry to the agent because she knew Amber must've really almost killed her, "you said her full name, she might thought you're one of Seungwon's man because no one knew her full name except my family and him" she wraps her arm around her sister protectively, she leaned closer to Amber's ear and whisper 'wake up' in Chinese. A low grunts came from Amber's mouth as she started to massaged her head because she felt a bit dizzy. her eyes snapped open, alarmed with the unfamiliar situation, she jumps and back off in fighting position, Victoria calmly stand beside her, Amber's instinct got more alarmed as she realized that her sister is also here with her. "Jie!! how can they capture you too?? what do they want this time?? I will protect you, I promise! BACK OFF BOTH OF YOU!!" Amber shouted in Chinese as she put her arm in front of Victoria in protective manner. 

"hey hey hey.. calm down calm down. we mean no harm on you" the puppy like agent raised her hand with her palms opened, motioning that she held no weapon and also nothing that can harm her in any ways as she got confused with the sudden Chinese languange the younger song used. Victoria calmly walk to stand in front of Amber, making her puzzled yet still not letting her guard down, Victoria just hugged her calmly and whispered in Chinese "they're not Seungwon's people. we're in NIS base, they're not going to do any harm to us. So I would like you to calm down and relax now, they're not dangerous. They brought us here because they want to know about Seungwon." Victoria breaks the hug slowly as she felt Amber's body less tensed, Amber look into Victoria's eyes confusedly "Krystal and Suzy?" she asked. Victoria just gave a smile "They're safe, for now. Their best man are tailing on the girls and make sure they're safe. Just cooperate for now okay? that's the least we can do for now to protect those two as well" Amber nodded before standing straightly and her body relaxed, Victoria lead Amber to have a seat on the empty metal chair. The two agents let out a sigh of relieved as she felt the tensed atmosphere started to subside and they sit on their chair again. There are still 2 empty chairs waiting for anyone to sit on, Victoria assuming it would be for agent Yongsun and Moonbyul. Victoria gave her warm tea to Amber to help her calm down and making her head less dizzy due to the drug effect. A minute later, the metal door opened again, revealing a silver haired woman and her partner, they took a seat calmly with several documents on their hands.

"I'm agent Yongsun, this is agent Moonbyul, Wheein, and Hyejin. We're from NIS, I am sorry for sedating you in the first place Ms Amber, you almost killed agent Hyejin. Anyways, we've been hunting Cha Seungwon for a long time but haven't manage to pull a string on him. As you may already know, Jung Woosung is his right hand in this country. We found out that you Seungwon is particularly interested with both of you, especially you Ms Amber. We worked independently from the police so we can guarantee you that they can't buy our words. However, we need more evidence, a strong one to capture him and held him in custody. We hope you can help us with that and we will help you the best we can to keep you safe and the girls safe in the process." Yongsun said calmly as she showed Seungwon's picture and also Woosung, along with the evidence they have collected so far. Indeed it is not strong enough to even issued a search warrant to inspect every corner of those mafia's place and bank account that can lead into suspicious transactions.

"He is not a man that you can capture and you also don't want to get captured by him" Amber said coldly as she stare to Yongsun's eyes with her expressionless face, making the others shivers but Yongsun tried to swallow her nervousness to face this younger song. "That is why we need your help. We wont be able to do it all by ourselves, but you once were there Ms Amber for quite some times." Yongsun paused a bit to see Amber's reaction but she get nothing from her, it's started to make Yongsun frustrated because she can't tell what's on Amber's mind, she continued "you must've known something on how they work. Both of you must've known something that we haven't know because you've been running away from this person for years." Moonbyul then opened her documents as Yongsun gestured and showed them the pictures of Amber and Victoria in almost every countries. "We've been observing you for a while. We can end this circle of hell now if you are willing to cooperate" Amber let out a heavy sigh before turning her head on Victoria, to see if her sister think this is the wise thing to be done or not. Victoria then turned to speak as she held Amber's hand gently to ease her troubling heart "Seungwon is a heartless man, he destroyed many children's life including Amber's. He would do anything to achieve his goal, including killing the parents of the child in order to take the child to be given to the highest bidder at his private auction. Back then, his empire not yet as huge as it is now, he was one of the small fries. After several research, we found out that Amber's highest bidder was a e monster that own his turf in LA, he was Seungwon's loyal customer. Since the transaction were failed, we heard that man destroyed everything that Seungwon has build for several years and Seungwon nearly got killed by him but he got away. He moved to Korea for a fresh start and build his empire here, Woosung joined him not so long after that. They expand their business aside from their well established connection of human trafficking into drug dealing and selling illegal weapons. Both started to regain more territory in Korea and finally conquer them all. Seungwon go back to China to reclaim his territory also expanding it there and now they're ruling over China and Korea which making them easier to do their business in between countries. He always work neatly and clean, no trace, nothing. Only word of mouth from witness that can be spread as rumors which is baseless but if someone tried to fill a report or something, he will makes you disappear on the next day. No one dare to speak, no one dare to testify. He is basically untouchable." Victoria explained what they knew so far about Seungwon

"When you smell lavender and tobaco, run for your life" Amber added while keeping her face straight "how can we be a help? We've got nothing. If we have something to take him down, we would already did." Everyone turned into silent and in the deep thought. Moonbyul finally speak, breaking the silence "if we can caught him red handed, we can actually put him at least for a trial and we can proceed further charges upon him as we gathered more evidence using our search warrant." She paused a bit and look at Amber, Victoria got the rough idea about what Moonbyul was thinking, she sternly said "no, she aint going anywhere near him"

"But--" the silver haired agent was about to argue back before she got cutted by the older song by another stern 'no'. Moonbyul let out a defeated sigh and silent filled the atmosphere again. Amber then speak "will you be able to make sure he will ended up either in jail or dead if I do it?"

"AMBER!!" Victoria shot a deathly glare to her while shouting her name but Amber hold her hand tightly and look back into her eyes calmly. "Let me finish Jie." She said before Victoria let her continue her talking "I know I will have to face him in a way or another but I don't want to risk their lives. If I agreed to do it, I want a guarantee that they will be safe, you will protect them with all cost, even it will cost your life. Victoria, Krystal and Suzy will be your top priority people to protect, if their life is in danger because of your plan, I will make sure you'll pay for it even if I'm dead. Leave Victoria out of this, send her back to US immediately if something happened to me. You'll never bother her again. Is that clear?" Amber said in her cold expressionless face. Victoria's eyes widened, she slammed the table harshly, showing her anger, making all of the agents startled and Amber remain still "NO! I DON'T WANT TO AGREE WITH THIS STUPID PLAN! Amber, you will not risk your life to get caught by him! I can't accept this! No! If Amber goes with him, I will too! I'm not leaving her alone!"

"Jie.. I know you're worried about me, I know you care about me, I know you don't want me to get hurt, but please Jie. I'm doing this for you. I don't want anything happened to you nor the girls. I'm the only one he wants, he will stop bothering you when he manage to get me. Your life and the girls will not be at risk anymore. I don't want to lose another family m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter