Long Run

One Lock, Two Keys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

It's D-day of the Student Representative's Announcement, whoever has applied to become one or asked by the teacher to be on the candidate list has been screened thoroughly from every aspect, Achievements, GPA, Influence to the other students whether it is positive or negative, appearances as also one of the factor (neat or not), their vision for their departments, their ability to communicate, also last but not least, the other students from their department vote for them. As for Amber and Victoria, they asked to not to be part of it anymore since they've been part of the organization as soon as they just entered the university, but the dean and the other teacher has other plan for them. They said it will bring a really positive image for the university to have them as part of SRO, they kind of propose that they became the president and vice president, but Victoria politely decline, again, she even already decline to be part of it since she wants to prioritize Amber's mental state over anything. The dean and the teachers kind of pushed them to be one until Victoria let out a sigh of defeated, Victoria asked if she can be the only one who become part of the SRO and leave Amber not to be involved because she's concerned with Amber's condition, but Amber reject the idea herself and said it's okay and she doesn't want to leave Victoria by herself, she just want to be there for her sister. Although this is really selfish for a university to 'forced' them to join something they don't like and only thinking about the university's image, this has become a rare special occasion because this never happened before.  However, the Song Sisters agreed to join the organization under one condition that there must be an official announcement that there will be a second person in charge for their departments because Victoria wants to focus on Amber's mental health recovery. The dean and teacher obliged to their condition, and it's settled.

The dean pinned two sheets of papers on the announcement board during class time to avoid crowds. He smiled in satisfaction as he read the list before walking back to his office. One by one the classes got dismissed and they're all heading to the same direction, the announcement board, they're all curious on whoever got chosen this time since the amount of people signing up this time is doubled the one before. Krystal and Suzy already run as if their life depends on it to the announcement board, they left their friends behind because they're too curious with the announcement whether they make it or not. The crowds are chaotic mess as they pushed each other just to read those 2 small paper being pinned down on the board, making it almost impossible for Suzy and Krystal to even get close to it.  They're almost hopeless with the situation and wanted to just wait until everything got less crowded, but Suzy got an idea as she shouted to the crowd "HEY! ANYONE AT THE FRONT! CAN YOU SEE WHETHER THERE IS OUR NAME ON THE LIST OR NOT??" Everyone turned around to the loud voice to see who is talking, some of them are about to curse on Suzy like 'who do you think you are telling us what to do?' but someone at the front just simply shout back "YES! BOTH OF YOUR NAME ARE THERE! CONGRATULATIONS!!" then the crowd started yelling names trying to figure it out whether they're in or not. Krystal was still shocked with Suzy's bold move but she gave her two thumbs up in amazement, "you're really something girl" she said, Suzy just winks at Krystal and gave her a cheeky smile. They haven't really grasps the idea that their application got accepted until some time "wait.. we got accepted? WE GOT ACCEPTED???" Suzy asked excitingly to Krystal and Krystal just finished processing the news as they both just screams in joy and jumping around like a crazy woman.

Krystal's dolphin scream can be heard all across the hall, startling Amber that is asleep inside the class "what was that" she murmured under her breath as she realized that Yuri already pack her bags and ready to wake her up to tell her that the class has ended. "I think that's krystal's scream, because it's really similar to Jessica's. Most probably it's related to the SRO announcement." Yuri said as she sling her bag on her shoulder. Amber look a bit confused if she heard it right or not "krystal and suzy?" she asked to Yuri.  "Yes, both Suzy and Krystal sign up for the SRO. Judging from that scream, I can guarantee that they got accepted." Yuri let out a small chuckle "I'll be going now" as she walks exiting the classroom. "hmm" Amber got up from her chair and bring her stuff as she followed Yuri to the cafeteria to meet Victoria. As they walk to the opposite direction of where the board is, Krystal and Suzy spotted them and run towards Amber, they both suddenly stand in front of Amber so Amber has to stopped her step abruptly, fortunately she has a really good reflect and balance for it, Yuri almost bump to Suzy but being held by Amber to avoid collision, Krystal and Suzy trying to contain their excitement to tell Amber about the news as they catches their breath "we.. got accepted.. as SRO... Amber unnie" Krystal said informing Amber. However Amber being herself, showing no expression said "congrats" then proceed to walk again to her destination, Victoria, leaving them behind. "oh wow congratulations both of you! I'm so proud of you!!" Yuri said in excitement as she pats Krystal and Suzy's head before she also walks to the cafeteria to meet her lover. Krystal and Suzy both dumbfounded with the reply from Amber as they thought Amber would at least say something else than just congrats with that cold expression, they thought they're already at least a bit closer to her with those events that happened between them. "did she just basically ignore us?" Suzy ask to Krystal in confusion, Krystal just nodded "ah.. I guess we have a lot of work to do." They turned around to see Amber walking coolly and meet Victoria. They both sighed and starts making their way to the cafeteria.

They slumps themselves on the chair at their usual place, not even bother to buy their meal. Sunny and Sooyoung first to arrive with their meal on hands both of them looking to each other as they saw the two girls just being downer on the table 'what's with them?' Sunny mentally asked Sooyoung and Sooyoung just shrugged. "hey, you guys sick?" Sooyoung ask as they take their seat. Krystal and Suzy just shook their head in unison, looking lifeless. The others arrived to their table not so long after that with the same question 'what's with them?' none of them actually know what's going on with the two girls until Yuri came "they both got accepted as SRO---" Yuri was about to explain it but got cut by the others congratulating the girls in excitement, the girls were just "thank you" with lifeless stare, earning another confusion among them "BUT Amber doesn't even show any care to the news as they both telling her in excitement. Amber was just 'congrats' then leave them" Yuri re-enacting the scene and they are all nodded as their mouth forming O shapes, to finally understand the situation.  "well at least you can get close to them sin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter