Barely Escape

One Lock, Two Keys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

Lots of disruption happening in both Korea and China due to the incident that captivated two most influential mafias, the news went frenzy to report any updates related to the two mafias. NIS' HQ has been flooded by reporters everyday that is waiting outside the building for any further information on what will happen to the two person, more to add that the day of they're being judged approaching. Seungwon and Woosung's man made chaos at some part of Korea, they also tried to invade NIS' HQ or trying to kill the witness. The military finally issued a warning for those who tried to create chaos all over Korea, they assigned their resources to patrol around Korea to keep the innocent citizens safe. The police are tightly tied up by the two mafias so they can't do anything much, the military has to issued that because it is already threatening to the whole country despite they are also being tied up by the two mafias. NIS need to work extra hard to put justice to these two mafias since they're basically don't have that much influential people behind them. Death threats has been sent to the judge that would be the one who place the punishment for both Woosung and Seungwon in the next few days. The NIS decided to propose a change for the judge but keep the information disclosed to themselves so they could lower the risk for the judge got killed before the day. The witness' life also has been in great danger, the NIS doubled the guard for those witness, also making them feels a bit uncomfortable with their presence but they had to do it until the court decide what will happen to those 2 mafias. Their university got visited by lots of reporters and medias, the principal decided to called the two person to the office and gave them a stay at home order so the university will be able to run normally. Krystal wear her backpack and walk out from the principal's office with Suzy with heavy sighs "I hope this matter can be done soon, so everything could go back to normal. I missed the time when I can just do and go wherever I want. Feels like we're a celebrity or something isn't it?" Krystal look at Suzy and both of them gave out a bitter laughter as both of them know the situation they have been dealing for the past few weeks after meeting the girl they adored so much, Amber. "but through this events, I learned lots of things, the mafia world, drugs, guns, it's interesting isn't it? I never knew my life would be this interesting." Suzy said while walking. They saw agent Kim Yongsun and Agent Moonbyul from afar, talking to the other officers and then diverted their gaze to both of them before waving. Suzy and Krystal can only smile upon the sight as they waves back, they knew the two agents must've wanted to talk to them about tomorrow's trial, yes the day is coming. They exchange hugs as they finally meet.

 

"so, you guys ready for tomorrow?" Yongsun asked with a bright smile on her face, Moonbyul remain calm and composed as usual. "well, we have to right? I really can't wait to put that man behind bars permanently. Even better to get them sentenced to death, but we're also aware of the facts that he basically taking part in control of the law for this country." Kyrstal said with annoyance in her face. "Don't worry about that Krystal, we got that part covered. I wonder what else he can do after he saw what's coming for him, both of them." Moonbyul said triumphantly as if she already won the battle before it started. "based on your body language, I assume you already have something on your sleeve that you ain't gonna tell us with the excuse of 'for our own safety' thing?" Suzy asked squinted her eyes towards Moonbyul, Moonbyul just gave her that signature greasy smile, earning a smack on the shoulder by her boss. "well, the main reason while we are here is just we are gonna give you these kevlar for you to use tomorrow." Yongsun handed a police kevlar to each one of them, earning a confused look on the student's face. "are you sure this is necessary...?" Krystal asked confusedly while receiving the kevlar from them. "Better prepared than regret in the future rite? we also distribute these kevlars to your best friends, your family, and of course Amber and her family. My hunch said not everything is going to be happening just that smooth so just be prepare and keep alert for any situation. I know these protection might irritate you two or even disturbed your daily life, but hang in there, we're almost done with it." Moonbyul patted their heads "we promise tomorrow will be the last day you're gonna see those guards tailing on you"

 

Meanwhile from Olympia the gods are watching each one of them in multiple screens as they observe them closely. Nichkhun saw Amber and let out a small smile as he saw the young woman that is currently just sitting on her bed while looking out through the window. Then a dark aura emits from the entrance, opening up a gate that reveals a dire screams of the underworld. The gods and demigod diverted their attention to the source of the dark aura with a suspicious look. "Relax, I am myself also still a god remember? I am the god of the underworld, brother of Zeus. am I not allowed to visit my own brother?" Hades said with a sinister smile "Hey there my brother Zeus!" Hades walk to Zeus' throne as he stand beside him. Zeus remain calm as he speaks "what makes you come far away from the underworld to here?" Hades let out a small laugh as it echoes all over Olympia "Oh dear brother, can't you be more nice to your guest? especially your own brother? I am here to watch all of your expression to see your humans that you love will be all defeated by tomorrow. I know my man's capabilities so I knew he is going to do something that I am highly encourage that, he is the evil one after all, I have to protect the evil one just like you protect yours. Blood will be shed, someone is going to die and I will be rejoicing over everything tomorrow. I can feel all Seungwon's thirst over their blood and I can see what's in his mind." Athena and Aphrodite look at Zeus with concerning face as if they are protesting on how Hades breaking the rules that has been set thousands years ago. "Hades, you knew the rules. I will personally thunderbolt you to the Underworld if you're breaking the rules." Zeus said as he stand, his authoritative words feared the other gods except Hades. "don't worry king Zeus, I knew the rules and I am not breaking anything. It was all Seungwon's and Woosung's plan, not mine." Hades gave a smirk as if he knew whose gonna win tomorrow. "King Zeus, kindly allow us to protect them tomorrow." Aphrodite kneels down on one feet in front of Zeus, Athena followed not long after that, surprisingly Nichkhun also followed their footsteps. "rules are rules, you can protect them only if they asked for your protection. other than that, you can only observe. you can't change the fate that has been determined for them." Zeus knocked his staff to show that he is also concerned about this matter but he choose to follow all the rules that has been set up but wont hesitate to strike his brother with thunderbolt if he cheated.

The darkness of the sky slowly turned into a dim bluish orange color as the sun rise, the birds chirping everywhere as the wind gently blow the trees. Everything seems to be peaceful except for the certain group of people who are really nervous as heck. Krystal wear her black suit with inner white shirt and a black skirt proudly as she steps up to the mirror confidently brushing her hair, Jessica helped her to tidy up on how she looks like before giving a thumbs up and hugs her. "oh my dearest sister, you really love to get into trouble eh? Good luck with today's trial, I hope everything is going to be okay. I will be there too in the audience seat, watching your back. Mom and dad already hired some of the best bodyguard for us just in case everything turned bad." Jessica said as she ruffles Krystal's hair gently. "seriously you guys, I am already using kevlar inside my shirt, mom and dad hired a bodyguard too while all the NIS agents are there to keep an eye on us and protect us? isn't it too much for everything?" Krystal groans in annoyed as she thought everything is just way too much. "you're got kidnapped by a mafia, almost being sold to erts

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter