let the games begin..

One Lock, Two Keys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author POV

A thousand years later… Year 1993.. (a/n : okay.. just assume that at those times till now, 2012, peoples still believe in the gods.. although.. I don’t know if there is still much peoples believe on that.. everything is possible when it comes to fiction right? Hehehe..)

 

Somewhere in China there is a couple harvesting their crops.. a shiny metal thing caught the wife’s sight.. she gradually approach the object and pulled it out.. she’s so amazed with the beautiful object.. she thought of something.. she cleaned the object and make the object into a necklace with a small chain she got.. she tried to find the key but got nothing.. she came towards her husband and show the object..

“look at this.. isn’t it beautiful?”

“where did you find it? You didn’t stole it right?” the husband asked in worried..

“of course not! I found this on our field.. and change this into necklace.. because this lock will be a very beautiful pendant..”

“ah.. you want to sold it in the market tomorrow?”

“no I wont.. this is too beautiful to be sold in the market.. I will rather give it to our daughter..” the wife smiled while circling the object around their baby girl.. “see.. it looks more beautiful when our daughter wear it..”

“yeah.. it looks more beautiful.. everything will looks beautiful if our daughter is the one who wear it..” the husband kissed the wife’s forehead and both of them smiling widely seeing their baby girl sleeping soundly on the bed..

 

 

Three years later.. the daughter is already grown up to be a little girl.. she played happily on the fields while her parents working.. suddenly a gunshot can be heard.. the wife immediately grab her daughter and went inside the house.. the daughter cried in fear.. her body was trembling.. while her mother tried to calm her down.. the husband is outside.. facing those people..

“WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US?!” the husband yelled while holding his pitchfork..

“I want your daughter.. I heard that your daughter is the most beautiful girl in this village.. and I’m looking for a beautiful little girl that rich peoples from America will pay her high to buy as their daughter.. I’ll gave you 25% of the money..” the man said in stern voice..

“NO!! I WONT LET YOU TOUCH MY DAUGHTER!! AND MY DAUGHTER IS NOT AN OBJECT TO BE SOLD!!!” the husband yelled even more.. he swing his pitchfork towards the three man..

“Amber.. stay inside.. don’t come out unless we told you to..” the wife whispered towards her daughter and pushed her into the small hole below the floor that could be a safe shelter for the daughter.. the two of them already prepared everything to protect their daughter.. the wife kissed her daughter’s forehead before closed the hole..

“mama.. baba…” (mommy.. daddy..) the daughter cried and calling her parents in Chinese..

“sssh.. bu ying gai ku.. shi yi ge hen hao de nan hai.. mama yao qu kan baba.. dong bu dong?” (don’t cry… be a good girl.. mommy wants to look after daddy.. understood? a/n : sorry if there is any mistakes on the chinese.. I only understand that language a bit..)

“wo dong.. wo hui shi ye ge hen hao de nan hai..” (understood.. I will be a good girl..) the daughter wipe her tears and sit obediently below the surface.. she wait anxiously and afraid that something might happen to her parents..

“don’t make me ask twice Liu..” one of the man said in his stern voice..

“what’s going on in here?!” the wife make her way outside and stand behind her husband..

“what are you doing here?!! You’re supposed to protect her!!” the husband whisper in anger towards his wife..

“I can’t leave you to face them alone.. she’s safe..”

“whoa.. if your wife has a beautiful face like this.. then.. your daughter is sure is the most beautiful daughter in this village..”

“LEAVE!!!” the wife yelled in anger..

“I will leave after I get what I want..”

“NEVER!!! I WILL NEVER GIVE HER TO YOU ANIMALS!!” the wife yelled bravely and protectively towards the man..

“*loud sigh* fine then… we have to do it the hard way..” and a minute later two gunshots echoed.. two bodies lying down on the floor lifelessly.. the daughter whom got afraid and trembling cover her ears and cried in silent.. she pray with all her heart holding the necklace that her mother gave her since she was a baby..

“search her.. she must be somewhere..” the three man began to search around the house..

“boss!! I found her!!” one of the man pulled out the floor and found a little girl sobbing.. she looks at the three man in fear and confused.. “wow.. she do looks beautiful boss.. she will be a good deal for us..” one of the man said and the other just nodded with evil smirk..

 

 

The girl cannot fight back.. she got not enough strength to do against the three man.. she scream.. she yelled.. she do anything she can do..

“haish.. this girl sure noisy..” one of the man growl in anger while dragging the daughter.. the daughter stop fighting until she saw both her parents lying down lifelessly on the ground..

“MAMAAA!!! BABAAAAA!!!” (MOMMY!!! DADDY!!!) she cried as loud as she could seeing both of her parents..

“just make her unconscious so our work will be easier.. but no harsh act.. we don’t want her to get injured or something.. it will make her less valuable..” the other man said in calm.. the man who hold the daughter pulled out a cloth and pour some drugs to it.. after that, he covered the daughter’s mouth and nose with the cloth.. the daughter is gradually stopped struggling and got unconscious.. the three man brought her to America to make a deal with someone..

 

And that is the day when the sweet and cheerful little daughter turned into a silent and cold hearted person.. she would never believed in love.. in care.. in faith.. in everything.. she only believes on herself.. she never cares about anyone.. she never love anyone anymore.. she never take off the necklace from her neck because that is the last object she had from her parents.. for her, happiness is just a word.. nothing more..

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter