Subside

One Lock, Two Keys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

After the trial went successful, everyone can finally get enough sleep for the night. Sulli, Suzy, Jia, Krystal, and Luna decided to have a sleep over at Krystal's place so they can hang out longer. The NIS agents asked permission to still have 1-2 agents keep an eye on them for 2 more weeks just in case loyal followers of Seungwon and Woosung are still around to eliminate them. They are still keep in contact since they also can be a great friends to hang out with despite their stern and powerful appearences, they apparently also bunch of dorks. The 5 girls gathered around in Krystal's room as they are all sitting in circle either on Krystal's bed or on her unfolded sofabed prepared for them so they all can sleep with more space.

"It feel so unreal that everything is finally done. It was really an unforgetable experience isn't it? But as I heard about Amber unnie's past, I understand why she becoming like that. I feel bad for her to gone through such horrible experience but fortunately she met Victoria unnie that took care of her well." Suzy said as she lay down on Jia's lap beside Krystal and playing with her hands while talking. Krystal nod in agreement as she is in her full concentration cleaning her fingernails, sitting comfortably on her own bed, leaning her back to the headboard with her long feet stretch out. Luna and Sulli opened a bag of chips as they started to munch on it while sitting on the unfolded sofa bed. "Don't spill anything on the bed or sofabed okay, I don't want to sleep accompanied by ants and the smells of potato chips." Krystal said sternly as she still busy with her fingernails. "Relax, we will eat cleanly. Anyways, I wonder how Amber unnie's actually feels right now since based on how cold she was earlier, I think she didn't know that agent Yongsun is gonna play that clip." Luna said as she munch another chips. "I bet she wasn't informed about that, based on that facial expression." Jia added as she reached out her hands to grab the chips before the chips disappeared inside .

Meanwhile the goddess were also inside that same bedroom, observing them. "Hey Athena, what do you think about now? What do you think is going to happen next?" Aphrodite asked while leaning closer to Athena so she could whisper to her ear. "you do realized that they can't hear nor see us right? so talking in normal voice wont be a problem isn't it Aphrodite?" Athena chuckles as she pats the goddess head gently before continue her sentence to answer Aphrodite's question "well I guess, it is back to the quest they have been given by the sacred objects? Perhaps what happened to all of them are bound to happened so they'll all can get closer to each other naturally? although it is kind of harsh way to do so, but fate is always playing push and pull with humans." the goddess smiles as they all watching the happy and calm atmosphere among the girls. "Shall we heading to Amber's place? khun is already there keeping an eye on them. pfft so much of saying 'don't care about them', he cares." Aphrodite said rolling her eyes mockingly, leaving the other goddess laughing. "now now, sprinkles some of your happy dust so they can have a good sleep tonight." Athena said, Aphrodite knocked her staff and a magical dust were cast above them like a beautiful twinkling stars. Athena command one of her servant to keep an eye on them while they're all teleport to Amber's place.

One figure wearing a black loose shirt and a long pants is sitting near the balcony while staring at the clear sky with a bright moon shining, illuminating the whole room with its light. A particular white owl came to visit and just stay at the balcony with her, the figure unconsciously pet the owl, she find it soothing to do so and the white owl didn't mind letting herself being petted by her. She is drowned in her own thought, making her ear can hear nothing except her own thought.

Amber's POV

Is it really over now? why I can't feel anything, why I don't feel relieved or something that now he will be spending the rest of his life somewhere else far away from me and he wont be able to bother me ever again. Why would Yongsun have to use that clip? Why she has to invite that guy? The moment he steps into the court, I can recognize it right away that he is one of Seungwon's man, I can felt the strange feelings on my heart telling me to run but at the same time it angered me because I can finally know the truth, the man who shot my parents. I know Seungwon is not someone who is willing to dirtied his hands with blood, he would command someone else to do so. Where did Yongsun get the tape from? is it from the shooter? I don't think so. I bet the recorder was close to me, because I can hear my own voice. this whole thing just made me having a small headache, I stood up, startling the white owl, "sorry to startled you, I wanna go back to my room" I said to it as I went back inside my room and take a seat on the edge of my bed. I can sense that the owl's gaze on me, looking all confused.

knock knock

"come in" I said lowly as I see Vic entering the room with something on her hands. "Hey Am, I just want to give you this. Yongsun gave it to me said someone anonymous send it to their office with a small instruction to open up the bear, she stitch it back all together though. She said the recording was from inside this bear, she compile it on this CD with the audio already enhanced just in case you want to listen to it." Vic handed me a small teddy bear that I recognized as my birthday gift from my parents,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter