Chapter 46: Grenade (Finale)

Grenade

 

C H A P T E R 46

Grenade (Finale)

 

* * *

 

“Oh gosh, really?!” The tone of excitement was obvious to her voice. Her dream, her since-childhood dream, is to become the country’s well-renowned singer. With him, she always believes she can do it.

Onew nodded excitedly. “Yes, it’s true! We got in!”

It has been over a month when Onew and Taeyeon auditioned to a singing idol search conducted by the famous SM Entertainment. Taeyeon kept on nudging Onew for them to audition—just for fun. And as for Onew, for once, he was determined by his talent. He never comments every time he receives good comments from the group (sometimes Jonghyun even compare himself to him). Taeyeon also persevered for this kind of chance so that everyone would know her talent.

“I never expected we could go in,” she chuckled, “I mean, your falsetto—”

“I didn’t vocalize,” Onew interrupted with a laugh. “That’s why the first note came bad. But, hey, everyone did like my performance.”

“I know. Some girls were drooling over you.” Taeyeon then acted like she was hurt. She then laughed when Onew poked her side where she’s sensitive the most. She can’t stop laughing as Onew continued to poke her.

As soon as the two stopped their sweetness, Onew asked generally, “How’s the others?”

“Oppadeul are still busy with the company,” Taeyeon replied for her Kibum and Jonghyun oppa. “I am really happy for them.”

It has been five years since Taeyeon graduated from high school, and three years for Onew to finish his degree in Management. Onew is a busy lad, but he never fails to give time for Taeyeon. He was the one to formally ask for permission for them to audition. Luckily, both dads agreed and they want them to follow their dreams. Onew is just waiting for Taemin to finish his master degree in Business Management, before he can hand him the company.

For Taeyeon, she’s also taking a master degree in Theater Arts. She has been dreaming of her career every single day, and the good news was such good music to her ears.

“For Taemin, I’m just waiting for him to finish,” he said nonchalantly. “Then we can focus on our singing.”

“But you still have position in your company?”

Onew nodded. “Yes, but lower than Taemin.”

“I never even thought that Mr. Lee will agree,” chuckled Taeyeon.

“Well, he’s a very supportive dad.”

“This is the best Valentines’ gift ever, oppa,” Taeyeon said as she placed her arms around Onew’s neck (in which he motioned his hands around her waist). He leaned forward, capturing her soft lips.

 

* * *

 

“He’s going to get it,” cursed Jessica under her breath. She has been waiting for about ten minutes now under the bus station. It’s not the best place for her to wait—for those long minutes (well, for her). She read once again Jonghyun’s message sent a while ago to her. It says: Yeobo, meet me at 3pm. Just wait outside your house—in which Jessica highly disapproves of. Her cousins are there in their house, so she decided and rapidly replied to him that she’ll wait in the bus stop—which she really blames herself for waiting there.

She plugged her earphones and played English songs in her iPod to kill some time. Still, after minutes or so, the man’s still not there. She checked her phone, and unfortunately, no text from him. Impatience raveled herself, and she can’t take it anymore. She dialed his number, and called him.

“Yoboseyo?” answered Jonghyun coolly.

“Where are you?” She rolled her eyes in annoyance. How can he be so cool with this?

Jonghyun, on the other line, kept on laughing. “On my way.”

“Aish,” she sighed in defeat. “Take care.”

Jessica didn’t even know that his car’s parked only few meters from her. He laughed as she looked at her phone with a grudge, and still, he didn’t forward. He enjoyed playing with her—especially during these times.

When Jessica looked at her left side (where Jonghyun’s car is parked), she finally spotted that familiar car. She rolled her eyes as she smiled, walking towards it. “How long have you been there?”

He shrugged. “Hmm, about thirty minutes?”

Jessica gritted her teeth in anger. She punched him hard few times, deserving them. “You’re such a jerk.”

“Why? I love looking at you when you’re waiting for me!” He laughed as he geared and started to drive.

“You’re such a jerk,” she repeated. “It’s not funny.”

“Why were you laughing?” He asked in a matter of fact. He then grabbed her hand, and entwined his fingers with hers. “I’m sorry. I missed you, that’s all.”

“You missed bullying me,” she said sadly—an act.

“No, really,” he replied. “I missed you. Work’s been pain in my for weeks now, and finally I have the time for you.”

“Okay,” she hummed as she smiled at him. “Oh, what’s that?” She pointed at the pink paper bag on Jonghyun’s lap.

He made an inside curse in his self. He should’ve placed it at the back. “Uh, nothing. I just bought it for Taeyeon that’s all.”

“Oh.”

“What’s the date today?”

Jessica looked through her Blackberry Smartphone, and began saying, “14th of February—”

Before she can even say the whole date, Jonghyun cheered, “Happy 5th Anniversary! And Happy Valentines’ Day, yeobo.”

Jessica’s eyes widened in shock. How can she forget about this special day? “I… Jonghyun,” Jessica enunciated slowly.

“It’s alright.” He smiled, looking at her. He prefers looking at her than looking at the road he’s driving on. “I mean, you’re busy with fashion stuff and all—”

“No.” She was about to tear up when Jonghyun tightened his grip on her. “I forgot—”

“Come on, Jess,” Jonghyun said happily. “It’s alright, because last time, I completely forgot about it. So, I understand you. You’re busy.”

How can this man be perfect?She blushed as she, also, tightened her grip on him. “I love you, Kim Jonghyun.”

“I love you too, yeobo.”

 

* * *

 

“It was my 22nd birthday, for god’s sake!”

Shouts with mix of cries covered the whole white mansion, as three persons were encircled around the crying, poor girl. “How can he forget about that?”

“Well, Sooyoungie.” Yuri tried to be gentle as possible. “Kibum has been very busy with work. He definitely didn’t forget about it, but he certainly has no time.”

“You’re on his side now, unnie?” Sooyoung became so unreasonable.

Minho supported Yuri, explaining every detail. “He texted you, right? He failed to call you because he’s very busy. Being one of the heirs to their company is not easy for him, you know that. He explained everything to you.”

“Jonghyun oppa is not like that!”

“Yes, he is,” Yuri said. “It just happened that Jonghyun still has time for Jessica. Kibum, for this matter, had meetings outside Seoul. You should be more considerate.”

“I…” Sooyoung stopped her words. “I’m sorry. I--”

“We know; you miss him to death.”

The girl nodded. “I miss him so much that even this simple thing bothered me.”

“He misses you too.” Yuri then motioned Minho for them to leave. “We’re going now. We have a date.”

“Right,” she chuckled, “it’s the 14th, and it’s Valentines’ day.”

“Kibum hasn’t?”

She nodded. “Whatever. I’ll just spend this wonderful night by myself.”

“I’m sorry, Soo,” Minho apologized as he closed the door. As soon as the door’s secured with its lock, he said to Yuri, “I hate lying at her.”

“You’re not the only one,” said the voice behind them. Kibum walked towards them, hiding the fresh flowers behind his back. “Where’s Sooyoung?”

“Inside,” Yuri replied. “She hates you.”

“I know,” he chuckled. “That’s why I’m here, on the 14th.”

“Good. We’ll leave now.”

He swiftly opened the door with one hand, quietly walking. Lucky for him, Sooyoung’s back is turned to him. He adjusted his grip on the flowers.

“Piggy…” He sang as he tickled her side.

Sooyoung, of course, was surprised when someone talked behind her—not only that but tickled her on her side. His face immediately processed in her mind. Automatically, she frowned. “What are you doing here?!”

He chuckled as he handed her the flowers. “Happy Birthday. Well, belated happy birthday.”

“You’re unforgivable—” Before she can even continue, his lips landed on hers. He felt her smile—it made him smile too.

“So, am I forgiven?” He smirked as Sooyoung nodded happily. “I love you Sooyoung.”

 

* * *

 

Sound of waves enveloped the whole house, as chirping of birds was also heard. Two people were sitting on the swing, as wind just pushed them softly. A beautiful girl wearing a very simple yet elegant white dress has her head on his strong shoulders, providing her support. The handsome man just held her hand tightly, as if someone’s going to get her from him.

“This place is so beautiful, Taemin-ah.” Her then-weak voice was replaced by her original, sweet voice. Her hair is shoulder-length, unlike her previous days with long hair. YoonA has been under chemotherapy for two long years, and her hair took a long time to grow back.

“Not as beautiful as you,” he replied as he brushed her hair softly. “I’m glad you survived everything.”

“I’ll not survive everything without you.”

He smiled at her sweetness. “I know.”

“Boastful,” she commented, chuckling a bit. “Hey, Taemin, do you know what date it is today?”

“It’s the 14th, why YoonA?”

“Well, it’s Valentines’ day.”

“And…” Taemin stared at her beautiful, doe-like eyes. “What do you want?”

“Since this is our first time being together in this day,” she started, “I want this day to be the sweetest day ever.”

“Hmm,” Taemin hummed as he acted like he was thinking. “I can’t think of anything. I just want this.”

YoonA frowned a bit, but returned her smile quickly. “Oh, it’s okay. As long as you’re here, it’s the best.”

Taemin then smiled at her before standing up. He kneeled down in front of her; his brown orbs still in contact with hers.

“What are you doing?” She chuckled as he held her hands, and stood her up. He placed his hands securely around her thin waist, as she rested her arms around his shoulders.

“You’re beautiful, YoonA.”

She smiled, not taking away her gaze from him. “You’re pretty handsome, Taemin.”

The two swayed with the air. No music supported their dance, but that didn’t stop them from making that possible. Eyes were in contact the whole time until YoonA rested her head on Taemin’s chest. He hugged her fully, placing his head on her head, as he continued the lead in swaying her.

Lights started to brighten; flowers began to be more visible. The soft bristles of the leaves made them relaxed, and enjoy the moment.

 

 * * *

 

“Where are we going?”

Her blindfolded eyes kept her indifferent about her surroundings. Only the cold breath of the air was felt by the girl being pulled by Minho. Yuri kept on asking him things that he only replied with a chuckle. As her finally landed on a soft, velvet chair (she felt it, yes), she became comfortable. Soon, she heard musical tones coming from a violin, making her more relaxed. His hands escaped hers, but the violin just made her calm. Then, after some moments, a melody of something she knows—something composed by Minho—came from the beautiful sounded keys of a piano. She smiled as she heard the tune—it was a sweet music, no, it is her sweet music.

The music stopped, and she felt someone’s hand untying the knot of the handkerchief. She opened her eyes, only for her to find out she’s in the garden, and few walks will do until she can see the beautiful beach. But one thing caught her eyes the most—Minho kneeling down in front of her.

 

“What are you doing…?”

 

His big and twinkling eyes are buried on hers the whole time. No words linked them, only their eyes are communicating. Love and trust filled the whole moment, as Minho pulled her hands softly, caressing them with pure love. His eyes never left hers, as he pulled out a red, velvet-skinned ring box, with Yuri’s name debussed on it. Her eyes were already filled with tears (of joy).

 

His soft words stopped the whole world in front of her. Only she and Minho are there in her world. They’re old enough; she’s 24 years old, and he’s 23. Age doesn’t matter in love—and in marriage.

 

“Will you marry me?”

His soft, convincing voice actually made her sob—of all moments, it made her sob the most. She nodded slowly, as if nothing’s a hindrance to her answer. He opened the box; his smile became wider than ever. Pulling out the ring that worth a lifetime, Yuri looked at him with smiles.

 

As if Minho bought it with Yuri, the ring matched her thin ring finger so well. Their hands finally intertwined, as Minho stood up, pulling Yuri in his chest. As the violist kept on playing the song, they danced the whole time.

 

They have nothing to fear. They thought of nothings during the moment. For after that, all they will be thinking is about their wedding.

 

~~

 

Sometimes, love knows all things. Promises are broken. Love is never meant to be set aside. It’s a basic entity to life. As you live, love. Love your family, your friends. It’s not necessary to have a partner in life, but it would be good if you have—someone who’s your fated love.

Never fear. Never fear to object because of love. Never fear to do things for love.

Because, sometimes—no, often, love resolves all things.

Love… is always the answer.

 



 

Author's notes: Hello, finale of Grenade! T^T Gosh, I feel I'm going to cry sometimes because I finished this. I have been updating, thinking and writing about Grenade for 1 year and 2 months. This is like, the most successful--

Okay, stop Mia. Next chapter will be the 'Thanks To.' So, there I will shed every thing.

Back to the story. So, the chapter is five years advanced. Let's start with OnTaeng. Yes, I know I didn't say that they love that career, but I have to finish the story with them like that because it'll be unique for the couple. I haven't done much for OnTaeng nowadays, so I decided to write that. So, they got accepted and their dreams will come true. For JongSica, it's obvious that Jonghyun still likes to bully her, but it's sweet right? He wants to stare at her. And, it just expressed that they understand each other. For SooKey, Kibum has been very busy. He planned it all, to be honest. The couple is still the same here, so nothing to explain. For TaemYoon, the way the couple are so sweet to each other is awesome, right? That's because YoonA went 2 years for Chemotherapy, and 3 years for studying. It's like their first date, but it's so special. And YoonA lives. And for MinYul, Minho proposed. Yuri didn't answer, but it assures you she'll say 'yes'.

Wait for the ONE-SHOT SEQUEL. Yes, there's a sequel. Because, basically, EACH COUPLE'S STORY IS HANGING. ESPECIALLY MINYUL'S. >) I'm such a troll. Hahaha. Is it beautiful? For me, it's okay-okay. It just described the life of the couples after every thing that happened. For the one-shot, it'll be daebak. I haven't started writing it yet, but it'll be posted within this week. Just wait for the link, or maybe here. Alright, it'll be posted HERE. Just wait for it.

I'll not mark this complete. Not yet. :)