Sorry

Grenade

 

A little note: If you have the song “Please Don’t Go” (Onew&Jonghyun) in your file, please play it while reading the OnTaeng part.

* * * *

C H A P T E R F O R T Y F O U R

 

She shouldn’t be here. But there’s a force inside her that pushes her to come here—in front of a very spacious house, white paint covering the outside physical structure of it. Her feet kept on moving forward and backward, swaying with the wind, obviously hesitating or not in what she planned to do.

Aish. She face-palmed in her head, dilemma attacked her. It may be a weird gesture for her since Choi Sulli likes Lee Taemin—the guy who confessed his love for her. But for anything and everything, she must do it for Taemin.

She walked towards the door. She was glad for the door has a doorbell; everything is at place. She gently pushed the button, apparently weakness is obvious. Her freezing hands started to make way to her jacket’s pockets.

After a few seconds, the door opened, revealing a beautiful girl with a smile on her face. That smile immediately faded away as soon as she recognized the girl outside her house. “YoonA-ssi?”

“Sulli-ssi,” she greeted back. She gave her a curt nod. “Can I talk to you?”

Sulli looked at her confusingly. “I… Come in.” She opened widely the door for YoonA.

She shook her head. “No, I will not be beating around the bush. I can stay here.”

“If you don’t mind,” Sulli said shrugging. “What’re you going to say?”

“First of all,” she started, “Taemin confessed to me last time.”

Sulli turned to pale-white. She chuckled sarcastically, “What am I going to do—”

“I ask you to take him away from me.”

The girl in front of YoonA looked widely at her. “Are… are you serious? Why—”

“Just do it… for me?” She sounded so cool, yet pain started to creep in her heart.

Sulli shook her head. “I don’t want to,” she said, “I mean… I would do that if he doesn’t like you!”

“Please?” YoonA continued, “Even if it risks me to kneel down before you I would do it.”

“I…” Sulli stopped YoonA from kneeling down. “I don’t know why, but I will do it because you asked me.”

YoonA smiled, satisfied that her plans are going to work. “Thank you so much. I owe everything to you.”

Sulli nodded, returning her smile. YoonA continued, “I will go now.”

Why does she look so pale and weak?Thought Sulli as she watched the shadows of YoonA walked away from her. And why does she want me to do that?

 

 

“Come on!” Jonghyun snapped after hearing his girlfriend’s words.

The ice princess rolled her eyes. “Okay fine. If you don’t want, fine.” She walked out angrily. Stomping her feet defined her real anger.

Jonghyun chuckled as he watched her angrily walked. He then caught her with his tight grip, saying, “I’m just kidding! I will, don’t worry.”

“You will?”

He nodded. “I love you, that’s why I will.”

The lovers were in front of Jessica’s dad’s house. They planned it for a week, and now Jonghyun’s just messing his girl. She’s quite nervous about what’s going to happen, so he helped her a bit by joking at her. “Come on, let’s go!”

They entered the house, hands entwined with each other’s. Mr. Jung sits in the lobby, settled with his champagne and a phone on his ears. Of course he’s busy with everything.

“Appa,” Jessica called out, still gripping on her boyfriend’s hands.

Mr. Jung looked at her and Jonghyun with an arrogant smile. “What’re you doing here? And you, the one who tricked my daughter?”

“I won’t beat around the bush, sir,” Jonghyun said.

“And you expect I won’t beat you down with my own fist?”

Jonghyun then walked towards Mr. Jung. He kneeled down in front of him, making him and Jessica in shock. “I know I hurt your daughter many times, in many ways and in many strikes. But now, I learned my lesson. The reason why I left her is because of the girls always threatening her. All of them say bad things about her when I’m with her—no one even protected her, except me and her friends. But I can’t take it anymore that time. I know she knows everyone hates her. That’s all because of me. That’s why I decided to leave her hanging. And I know I was wrong. I know I was thinking ahead of me. I didn’t protect her like a man should. I should be the one protecting her; she shouldn’t be the one protecting me and herself. I’m her man, but I didn’t do anything—all I did was to leave her hanging. But now, I learned my lesson. I know now how to protect her.”

“But all things are connected. In summary, you left her.”

“I know, sir,” he said. He bowed once more. “That’s why I am saying my sorry to you. I know how much you love her; you know how much I love her even before I left her. You know how much I care about her. You know how much I hurt her. That’s why I am also saying sorry to you. I’m sorry, Mr. Jung for letting your daughter in pain for the past two years. For letting her cry on you instead of telling you good stories about us. I’m sorry.”

Mr. Jung let out a sigh. Jessica can’t help but to shed her tears—happy tears—because of Jonghyun. Jonghyun’s head’s still down; he’s still kneeling down. Mr. Jung coughed. “I forgive you.”

He felt a hand on his shoulders. Mr. Jung continued, “I know I am now in the wrong place. I proved to myself how much you suffered too; I know now that you truly love my daughter.”

Jonghyun looked up. “That means…”

“I trust you.” Mr. Jung smiled. “I trust you. I hope you will not hurt my Jessica again.”

“I won’t,” he promised. He smiled at him. “Thank you, sir.”

“It’s dad.”

 

 

It’s the nth time Onew knocked on their door, waiting for her to open the door and hug him. He knocked and knocked until no more strength entered him. He waited under the rain every day, every single day just to let her know how much he is sorry—how much he regretted everything.

He only did it because he longed for that love. Onew knows Taeyeon loves him very much, but as a guy, he didn’t feel it. He tried to conquer every negative thought in his mind with all the happiness he and Taeyeon shared, but every time he thinks it, all of his depravedness comes back. He knows now what he did was wrong; that he should’ve waited for Taeyeon. That he should’ve waited for her.

“Taeyeon…” Onew called out, crying his heart out. The flowers he brought are still fresh and in a bouquet. The formality in his outfit is ruined because of the rain—but he doesn’t care.

He heard footsteps nearing the door. He smiled at himself, only to find out it was Kibum who opened the door. “Hyung!”

“Kibum…” He greeted back. “Where’s Taeyeon?”

“She’s upstairs,” Kibum replied. “Come inside! Look how wet you are!”

He chuckled. “It’s alright as long as Taeyeon will forgive me.”

“I know I should not interfere but…” He smiled. “All you did was wrong, and I can’t forgive you as Taeyeon’s brother.”

“That’s why I’m here!” Onew said proudly. “To gain everyone’s trust back.”

Kibum smiled at him. “I know you can.”

“So… can you?”

Kibum nodded. “Just wait here. I’ll call Taeyeon.” He then pointed at the piano they owned. “You know what to do.”

Onew nodded. “Thanks, Kibum.”

 

“What is it this time, oppa?” Taeyeon retorted.

“I’m hungry. Can you cook for me?”

Taeyeon raised her brows. “You can cook oppa!”

“I’m lazy to cook. Besides, I will call Sooyoung!” Kibum excused.

“Aish.” Taeyeon then stood up from her bed, walking towards her oppa who smiled happily. “Stop smiling like that!”

She reached the stairs when she heard music softly booming in her ears. She looked back, looking at her oppa who just shrugged at her. He then excused himself and went forward, leaving her clueless. The nearer she is to the kitchen, she recognizes every single bit of the voice that blends with the emotional piano keys.

She reached the spot where he’s playing and singing a song for her. He looked so serious playing it, but then their eyes met. Truly he mastered the song very well. He plays it while his eyes focus on hers.

 

Last night in my dreams, you drew close to me
Your whispered words, your hair that brushed against my face

When I woke up from my dream, it was all too clear
That your presence was nothing but a dream
The tears in my eyes told me

You can’t, you can’t, don’t leave like this
Please just one more time, one more time, hold me in your arms again

The next time I close my eyes to meet you
Hold me as I stay still in that spot

Even when I open my eyes, only your figure is clear
That your presence was nothing but a dream
The sadness reflected in my tears told me

You can’t, you can’t, don’t leave like this
Please just one more time, one more time, hold me in your arms again

The next time I close my eyes to meet you
Hold me as I stay still in that spot

I try and even though I try
I insist, I insist
Come back to me

You can’t, you can’t, don’t leave like this
Please just one more time, one more time, hold me in your arms again

The next time I close my eyes to meet you
Hold me as I stay still in that spot

 

Tears rolled down her puffy cheeks as soon as Onew finished the song. He walked towards her, kneeling in front of her. “Taengoo…” He then took her soft hands, and placed it on his chest—the one closest to his heart. “Feel my heart beating only for you,” he said softly, “I know I was wrong. I know… I love you Taeyeon… only you.”

“Oppa…”

“Please,” Onew said, looking up at her, tears welling in his eyes, “please forgive me?”

“I…” She hesitated for a bit.

“I know I wronged you. I know how much pain you were in to.” He kissed her hand gently. “Please love me again?”

“I…” She pulled him up gently, allowing him to stand up. “I never stopped loving you.”

 


 

Author’s notes: Hooray for ONTAENG! :> I just love the last part. The singing part—the song just fits everything. I am so happy! Sorry for the rush update; I know I am rushing with everything.

GOOD NEWS: I will postpone the MAY 19 thing. I think I will move the ending on May 20 or 21. Depends on my mood. And I know some of you still haven’t read Chapter 43, so… But any, I will end Grenade this May. And I will write a looooong thank you message. (:

So, how was it? I love it.

TAEMYOON. Oh TaemYoon. :”> YoonA gave Taemin to Sulli. D: But any, just comment.