Jessica's Confession

Grenade

 

Author's note: Sorry for the late update! Here's a new chapter. I hope you will like this one! And for your info, I will focus more on Next To Cinderella's Story now because I badly need to finish it. But, I will update Grenade of course.

Thank you for the support!

Sorry for the grammatical errors and spelling errors.


C H A P T E R T W E N T Y E I G H T

"Jonghyun oppa seems so sad today," Taeyeon said as she looked over to her oppa.

"Yes," Kibum agreed, "ever since the prom ended, he's like that."

"What could be the reason, oppa?" Taeyeon asked again, "I tried to think about what happened at the prom that made him like that."

"Whatever it is," Kibum sighed, "it must be about Jessica and him."

The two continued to talk about the sudden change in the bubbly personality of Jonghyun. Neither of them knows that it is because of Lee Donghae. Lee Donghae, the unknown guy who just made Jonghyun very uncomfortable when he's around with Jessica. Lee Donghae, the guy who made Jessica laughed in front of him. Lee Donghae, the mysterious third party.

"What are you talking about?", Jonghyun asked.

"Nothing," Kibum stuttered a bit, "about stuff."

Jonghyun looked at them with confused looks. Kibum and Taeyeon just smiled at him.

"I will be off somewhere." And by that, Jonghyun left the house.

Another day had come, and still, Jonghyun is gloomy all the time.

Yuri noticed the loneliness of Jonghyun, so she went to his side and comforted him.

"Why are you so lonely?", Yuri asked, making sure that she will not make Jonghyun emotional.

"Just leave me alone now, Yul," Jonghyun simply said, not making Yuri offended. Yuri just nodded, and she left him alone.

Minho approached Yuri with a sly smile. "What's the problem, Minho?"

"Jjong hyung. He's very weird these days," Minho sighed, "it's not the same without the talkative Jonghyun."

"I agree with you," Yuri said as she patted his back, "we just need to know why."

"Do you think Sica is involve with this?"

"I don't know," Yuri shrugged, "maybe?"

After what seemed to be a long talk, Minho and Yuri went to their different classes. Together with Onew, Jonghyun attended the Math class. As always, Onew slept again while Mr. Hwang is teaching. While for Jonghyun, let's just say he's really bored.

"Hyung, I'll not go with you for now," Jonghyun said to Onew.

Onew looked at him strangely. "Why?"

"I just want to hang out with Leetuk and Heechul," Jonghyun explained, "I missed those guys."

"Okay," Onew laughed, "just text us okay? And inform Jessica also."

Jonghyun just nodded.

The college students, except for Jonghyun, went to their dongsaengs. They saw them waiting at the school garden. Onew ran to Taeyeon, who was eating an apple. Kibum then laughed when he approached a mouth-full-of-foods Sooyoung. Jessica stared at them, trying to smile.

"Oh, Jjong will not come," Yuri hesitantly said, "he wants to have a time with Leetuk-ssi and Heechul-ssi."

"Ani." Jessica sighed, "it's alright. He texted me anyways."

Yuri nodded. The group made their way to the car which fit them all in. They went to Starbucks to have a hot coffee break.

Kibum and Sooyoung, as usual, ordered their drinks. The others talked about the school and other stuff, until Yuri opened up.

"Jonghyun is so gloomy nowadays," Yuri commented, "I think something bad happened."

"Agreed!" Taeyeon started to speak, "Oppa is so silent in our house, and he doesn't pay attention to us now!"

"Hey," Sooyoung greeted as she put their drinks on their table, "what's the commotion all about?"

"It's about Jonghyun hyung," Taemin replied, as she looked at Jessica who looked like she was about to cry.

"Sica-ah, do you have something to say?", YoonA asked her cousin as she also sensed that Jessica is hiding something from them. Even though YoonA is Jessica's cousin, she doesn't know a thing about the marriage. She just knows that Donghae likes Jessica.

Jessica stared at them. Her eyes are full of tears, but she tried not to cry.

"Sica-ah, there's nothing wrong telling us your problems with Jjong," Minho assured, "maybe we can help."

Jessica breathed, "I.. think he's.. jealous."

"Jealous?," all of them chorused.

"You guys will not understand." Jessica played with her fingers, "It's something that all of you don't know."

"This is why we are brought together here," Taeyeon counseled, "and this is the perfect time to spill it. It's all about you and Jjong oppa. All about us."

"Lee Donghae."

All of them looked at her with confused eyes. Sooyoung courageously asked, "Who's Lee Donghae?"

"Sica-ah," YoonA said with trembling voice, "I don't know a thing."

"Mianh YoonA," Jessica looked at her pitifully, "no one knows this, except my dad and I."

"So, what is it?", Kibum asked, "I think we can help you."

Jessica breathed again, but this time, it's heavy. She felt her eyes teared up again, but she has to fight it.

"Lee Donghae will be my future husband."

"What?!", all of them shouted furiously. Jessica felt her tears rolling down on her cheeks.

"My dad planned it all."

They were left speechless. They don't know what to do. It's a hard task. Each one of them knows that Jessica's dad is not a typical man. If he says so, you must do it. It will be a matter of life or death if you were to contradict to his side.

"I knew it," Jessica sighed, "you guys couldn't help me! You know my dad!"

"Maybe for now," Minho opposed, "maybe for now we can't help. But we can."

"I agree with Minho. We can help you, but it's difficult." Kibum reassured the crying Jessica.

"Sica-ah, you know I can support you. But, you also know that I am afraid of your dad." YoonA explained her side, hugging Jessica.

"It's alright," Jessica thankfully said, "I am really lucky to have you as my friends. Even though I didn't pleaded for your help, you are always there to support me."

"First of all, we need to know who is Lee Donghae," Onew suggested, "we must know his weaknesses."

All of them nodded.

"But, don't tell Jonghyun," Jessica pleaded, "I don't want him to be hurt."

"But, isn't it more hurtful if he knew it after the marriage?"

"But."

"We will not tell him, for now," Kibum decided, "but you need to tell him that. It's important."

"I will. I will tell him when the perfect day comes."

All of them breathed when Jessica said that.

They talked about their 'plans', not noticing Jonghyun who was standing at their back.


Thanks for reading ! I hope you liked it.

I learned this format of writing in our English class.
Thanks to our teacher. \m/ And also the suspense ending.. Hahaha!
JongSica focus here. I will focus them next chapter. Then, TaemYoon next!

I hope you will keep on reading this! I will now focus on each pairing, because the will be published SOON.
COMMENTS ARE LOVED<3