VIII

J.E.R.K.

XIII

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara POV

 

 

 

 

I woke up the next day, only to discover that my eyes were swollen from the crying of last night. I groaned and tried to decrease the redness from my eyes by dabbing it gently with water.

 

It didn't work. It didn't even make the SLIGHTEST bit of difference. I looked like I am on the verge of tears...once again.

 

I stomped my foot in frustration and grabbed a towel to dry it out.

 

When I reached downstairs to the kitchen, Jiyong's mom asked me what is wrong. I merely smiled and said that I am not feeling well. Ah yes, the classical lie. Mrs. Kwon immediately began to drag me back upstairs, making me sit on the bed, pulling 2 layers of blankets over me and announcing that I will not be going to school today. I didn't react too strongly to her demand, but deep down, very relieved. This would save me from people's weird stares and questions, as well as humiliation in class for not listening.

 

"Darn it..." I muttered as I hid myself completely under the thick blankets. "I'm really losing myself..."

 

After a few minutes, I heard Mrs. Kwon yelling out the door at Jiyong to bring me my homework for the day. I didn't hear any replies from Jiyong, but my guess he is probably very reluctant to do so.

 

I sighed as I grabbed my science book and flipped through the pages. I am not going to stay in bed all day and do nothing.

 

Just then, I remembered something. MY project! Well, not just MY project. It is also Jiyong's. We were supposed to work on Social Studies. I might as well work on it today.

 

I rolled off the bed and ran towards the door. Just as I am about to open it, the door opened itself. I froze, but relaxed as soon as I saw that it is only a maid.

 

"Miss. Park, lady Kwon has insisted that I am to take care of you today. So, please get back to bed, if you need anything, I will be sure to bring it to you right away."

 

"Well...I don't really need anything. I'm just on my way to uh...the washroom, YES!" I laughed nervously as I spoke yet, another lie. The project is in Jiyong's study room and I didn't want this maid to get the wrong idea between me and Jiyong. You know that maids usually gossip in their free time.

 

"Well then, Miss. Park, then it is my duty to follow you and make sure that you don't show any signs of symptoms along the way."

 

"Well um...that won't be necessary. I'm fine really. I've recovered fast." I held both of my arms up in a superman pose to show that I am feeling great.

 

"Hm...I don't know. The lady DID tell me that you weren't feeling well." the maid pondered.

 

"It's ok. If the lady Kwon asks, just tell her that I told you to not do this. If she's angry or anything, tell her to talk to me and I will explain."

 

"Why, alright then. I will leave you be." the maid bowed and left.

 

I rolled my eyes and ran for Jiyong's study room. I got in and locked the door 3 times. Jiyong's door had around 5 locks, but I thought 3 would be good enough. I opened the laptop and searched bits of the project in Jiyong's study room as I waited for it to load.

 

I frowned as I didn't find anything, I am sure that there is something here the last time we were in here. I looked high and low but still found nothing. I scowled and crossed my arms.

 

"That idiot...where did he hide that project?"

 

I then had an idea that to I am indeed getting’ crazy. I will search for the project in Jiyong's normal room. The one that he usually plays video games in. I had an image of the room being a MESS. Clothes thrown around everywhere and leftover food lying on the ground. I shivered as I got nearer to the entrance. I shut my eyes tight as I turned the doorknob and opened it.

 

I slowly opened my eyes, and they widened. My jaw dropped. His room is...is...NEAT. I stepped in in awe as if I am on another planet. His room is organized. I see absolutely NOTHING on the floor, and the couch also had NO clothes cluttering it. It only had a few pillows that made it seem well furnished. I see a GIANT television set with shelves beside it. I curiously went to look at the shelves, only to find that they were all labeled with his video games and DVD's from A-Z. His video game sets were all beautifully tucked behind a glass case right under the television set. The glass is also very strong, and provided good protection. I turned my eyes to his huge wardrobe and opened it. His clothes were clean and in order. Some were hanged, and others were folded up. They were all perfectly placed. I turned my attention to the wall and saw posters of various stars in basketball and other sports. I smiled at this as I walked towards his...work table? I tilted my head in confusion, didn't he already have a study room and he had said that he usually only used this room for leisure?

 

I shrugged as I looked at his table. It is one of those glass tables that people were able to put pictures under. Jiyong didn't really put any photos under this table, all except for one. I bent down and examined the picture.

 

It didn't seem very old. I saw 3 little kids in the front and adults in the background. I saw my mom and dad, Mr. and Mrs. Kwon. I knew they were mine and Jiyong's parents. But what about the third child in the picture? There was a little boy with a mischievous grin on his face, and he was attempting to put bunny years behind the little girl beside him, who looked very close to crying, and was trying to push him away. The little boy had short black hair back then, and I instantly recognized him as Jiyong. It took me a few seconds after to realize that the girl was me. I hated taking pictures, and sometimes, it is hard to remember myself because my face is usually turned away. What puzzled me is the third child in the picture. It is a little boy with silver hair. He had a somewhat cold pair of blue eyes, and I could easily tell that he is the 'silent type.'

 

Suddenly, a series of flashed images came to my mind. I held my head in pain. In my images, I saw my younger self crying in the arms of that same little boy. He appears to be saying something, but I couldn't make out as to what he is saying. The image quickly changed to me hugging the boy tighter, and him giving me an innocent kiss on the cheek.

 

I now had tears running down my eyes. I shook my head and panted. "What's...going on?"

 

In an instant, I lost my balance and collapsed onto my knees. My right hand on my head, and my left hand on the edge of the table. I trembled and tried to stand up but tumbled over again as another image came to my head. In this image, me and the boy were holding hands and happily going down the sidewalk. I saw a sudden flash of cat, I am running towards the cat as a car came zooming my way. I heard screams. The last thing I saw was I at the side of the street, slightly wounded, and the boy in the middle of the street, in a large puddle of blood.

 

My breathing is now uneven, as I sat on Jiyong's chair. Even after those intense flashbacks, I still wanted to see the picture. The silver haired boy is looking at me in the picture. (I was in the middle of Jiyong and the silver haired boy...)He is very cute, and I am sure that he'd grow up to be handsome. In fact, Jiyong would have a rival if he came to our school.

 

I then squinted my eyes and saw, that the younger self of me was leaning closer to the silver haired boy in the picture. He even had his hands on my shoulders as Jiyong is trying to place bunny ears behind me in the picture.

 

Something is definitely going on here. There is something about this boy in the picture. I and he seemed to be very close. I didn't know why, but during those flashbacks, I had some...weird feelings returning to me. They were warm and I felt unusually depressed. I wanted to find out who this boy really is.

 

I left Jiyong's room and quickly went to my room to grab keys, then left the Kwon mansion.

 

I am going back home. Right now. I am sure that mom knows something about this, and I wanted answers. There goes my plan to do the project, but this is far more important.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------

Mianhe for the delay. Who is the silver boy?