V

J.E.R.K.

V

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Here we were. Standing outside the tall and dark fences that surrounded Jiyong's mansion. I am partially relieved, surprisingly. The ride here is very uncomfortable. Neither of us spoke a word or looked at each other directly. Maybe secretly glancing a few times, but never eye to eye.

 

As soon as we got to his mansion, I immediately ran out of the limo; and standing currently where I am right now.

 

Jiyong walked past me and went up to some weird machine by the entrance of the fence. He typed in a fair amount of random letters and numbers. Then, the tall entrance opened, allowing access to the mansion. Before going in, I stared at the machine curiously. Never before did I encounter such weird devices. I assumed that it is some sort of defense for rich families like Jiyong's. Who is well known enough to have risks of being robbed.

 

However, mycuriosityis still stirring. Therefore, I decided to ask Jiyong about this device. It is also a way of starting some sort of conversation. The silence is killing me.

 

"Hey what isthat… weird device that you-"

 

"Just a form of defense." he answered before I even asked the whole question.

 

"But..it seems very vulnerable to-"

 

"It also scans for robbers or whatever morons that dares to intrude to my family's property."

 

"What if it gets destroyed? Won't it-"

 

"If it gets destroyed, there will be an alarm down at the technology room where the person who is controlling these devices will know. Then for sure we know that there has been an intrusion. Then we make those intruders pay, and it gets quite…bloody."

 

"Ohh.." I muttered while smiling slightly. Jiyong seems pretty much back to his normal self. Though I hated him for pranking on me so frequently, I hated awkwardness.

 

Jiyong returned my smile with a smirk again, typed in a code for the same device. Only this time, it is by the door. I guessed it probably is for extra protection.

 

As we stepped into his mansion, we were immediately greeted by servants. I got a bit nervous;my house never had any servants. Me and my mom has lived together, alone for so many years that Iam not really used to such company.

 

Jiyong simply waved them off and lead me upstairs to his 'study room.'

 

"...How many rooms do you have?" I asked as I followed him to the study room.

 

"Well...really I just have one room where I am usually found in. However, it gets a bit distracting when it comes to studying for work, therefore, I asked my parents for a study room." he shrugged as he opened the door to let me in.

 

My eyes widened. His 'study room' is larger than my room and living room combined.

 

"...Why is there a bed in here when you can sleep in your 'main' room?"

 

"Oh, well sometimes I tend to stay up late to work on stuff. So I just sleep in this room instead." he chuckled as I made a confused face.

 

We both then started to talk about the project. How we were going to show our understanding of Upper Canada. I hated to admit it, but at this moment, I didn't mind having Jiyong as my partner. He didn't seem like the arrogant jerk he is at school. He seemed like the exact opposite. I always saw him as a TOTAL SLACKER. No, make that hopeless slacker. But now, I thought I just might be wrong.

 

"Hm…well, your idea of a play doesn’t really work since there are so many things to act out, the teacher might just get bored to death. How about something simpler? Or visual? That if they see, they WILL be able to get it." Jiyong suggested thoughtfully.

 

I, being as clueless as I am, asked, "Like what?"

 

Jiyong's eyes flickered mischievously as he sat up. "Why not 'build' Upper Canada?"

 

"A model?"

 

"Now you're getting the idea."

 

"But that isn't at all unique."

 

"Oh but we're going to make it unique. We'll add in all the physical features and climates. And with the technology I have and is able to build, we aren’t got a thing to worry about." he winked.

 

I lightly blushed. I didn't believe it, right now, I am actually SLIGHTLY falling for him. He isn’t the jerk that pranked on me at school. He is this very sweet and nice person who knew how to please a girl.

 

"That' a good idea, I-"

 

I am about to finish my sentence when Jiyong kissed me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just kidding. Focus Dara! I am about to finish my sentence when someone came into the door. It is Jiyong's mother.

 

"OH, WHY, DARA, what a pleasant surprise!" Jiyong's mother immediately greeted me brightly.

 

I smiled and returned her greeting. "Hello, Mrs. Kwon." I secretly thought that Jiyong's mother doesn't seem like the powerful woman she really is. She currently, is running their company by herself. Her husband, which is also Jiyong's father, is off somewhere far away; most likely negotiating about business alliances. She seems just like the ordinary mom. Much like my mother but more energetic.

 

"Do you want something to eat? Do you guys need help? What are you working on? How is it going and-"

 

"Dara and I got partnered up for a project in which we must symbolize our learning of Upper Canada in a way for all to understand, mother." Jiyong replied in a flat tone. He sounded pretty much annoyed.

 

"OOOH, that's a GREAT PROJECT! What are you guys going to do?"

 

"A model." I said.

 

"Why, that's a wonderful idea!" Jiyong's mother complimented as she swiped the criteria sheet.

 

"Quite a strict project I see. 100 marks. You'll need to work hard on it."

 

"Duh..." Jiyong muttered while rolling his eyes.

 

Suddenly, Mrs. Kwon’s eyes lit up.

 

"Dara, why don't you sleep over here until the project is over? Since this project is going to take quite a long time, you might as well stay here. I will go call your mother right now to ensure everything^^! Enjoy, kids!" with that, she left Jiyong's study room.

 

"NO, its Okkk..." my voice drifted off as I realized she is no longer in the room.

 

"...Well we better get working then." Jiyong muttered quietly, clearly embarrassed by his mother's 'friendliness.'

 

I sighed. "Yea..." clearly, I had no choice. Tonight, and UNTIL this project is over, I’ll be staying in the Kwon’s mansion. Oh boy, this is going to get strange.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------

Mianhe for the delay :D