VII

J.E.R.K.

VII

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara POV

 

As I and Jiyong got ready for school the next day, neither of us talked to each other. During the ride, we both avoided eye contact, and it is the same as we two reached the school building.

 

I am not sure why. Usually, Jiyong would mock me in some way, and then I’d explode. Or I’d try and insult him, and he'd insult me back. But this morning just didn't seem this way.

 

As I walked into class, I set my books down, and continued to think about Jiyong. I didn't know why I am thinking about him so much, but I don't seem to mind that either.

 

I am still pondering when suddenly, a happy and cheery voice intruded my thoughts.

 

"DARA!"

 

I looked up slowly, still dazed, to find my best friend, looking very excited.

 

"Yes?" I asked absentmindedly, opening my textbook, pretending that I am focused in work instead. This way, she wouldn't ask me about why I seemed so...quiet.

 

"Guess what?!" she jumped slightly and leaned forward, while smiling brightly.

 

"Uh… you got a boyfriend?" I guessed, trying my luck; and hoping that it would come true. If she got a boyfriend, which could mean that she would stop nagging me about Jiyong and his life.

 

"NO!" she retorted while pouting.

 

I laughed. "Alright alright, what is it?" I asked.

 

"The dance is coming up soon!" she exclaimed, as she grabbed my pencil out of my hand to make me pay more attention.

 

"Uh..." slowly nodding my head, I forced a smile, feigning excitement. Which came out more as if I am in pain.

 

"And I am wondering..." her voice trailed off, as she looked down on the ground, towards her two feet, which were making very odd patterns. She is very nervous.

 

I rolled my eyes and decided to spare her of such confession. "You want me to ask Jiyong out for you so you don't have to ask him yourself?" I sighed in defeat as I took my pencil back from her.

 

She looked at me pleadingly, making it impossible to say no. I agreed, which earned me a BIG hug from her. Though, deep in my heart, I felt a sting of anger and jealousy. I tried to put that aside, but found it very difficult. I am glad that Jiyong isn’t in my class this period; otherwise, he probably would've noticed how my reaction is.

 

The rest of the day passed by quickly. After school, I went to Jiyong's locker, since I am supposed to go back with him until the project is done.

 

I waited for Jiyong as he called home for a driver, only to find that the drivers were all occupied. We both ended up on having to walk home.

 

On the way home, I decided to ask Jiyong about the dance thing for Yoona. As much as I hated to do this, Yoona is my best friend, and I didn't want to disappoint her.

 

"Hey Jiyong…I am wondering…are you going with anyone for the upcoming dance?"

 

Jiyong raised an eyebrow, and looked at me weirdly. "Why?"

 

"Well…Yoona wants to ask you, but she is too shy to ask, so she asked me to ask you, which is why I'm asking you, but don't get it wrong, I'm asking because she's asking, not because I want to ask you and-"

 

Jiyong held his hand up to silence me. "I get it." he smirked slightly. I blushed lightly. I thought I saw a SLIGHT look of sadness in his eyes. Maybe it is my imagination. I brushed it off as I looked at Jiyong, waiting for his answer.

 

"She really likes you, Jiyong." I added.

 

"...Is that what you really want?" Jiyong suddenly asked very seriously, stopping and looking straight at me.

 

I frowned. "What do you mean?"

 

Jiyong narrowed his eyes, and then just waved his hand in a way of dismissing this subject. "Never mind."

 

"So… Are you going with her?" I asked again.

 

"I'll think about it." he replied emotionlessly and started to walk again. Leaving me standing there, clueless of what's going on. Why did he seem so cold all of a sudden?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As I and Dara prepared for school the next day, I found it unusually hard to confront her. 'Why?' I asked myself. Hadn't it been always natural for us two to start some argument?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------

hope you will like it.