XVII

J.E.R.K.

17

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara’s P.O.V.

 

In my current state of mind, all I managed to do is stare. I am not sure which is more shocking, the fact that this gorgeous boy chose to sit right next to me, or the fact that everything is so coincidental.

 

"...D-Dong Won what are you doing here?” I finally said, or more so stuttered.

 

"It's not a coincidence, Dara." He answered, as if reading my mind. When I promise someone something, I give it my best abilities. I play fair."

 

"...Huh?"

 

He chuckled as he crossed his fingers loosely and placed them under his chin while his elbows supported themselves on the desk, a pose that I recall from my last meeting with him. "I'll explain later."

 

I nodded and returned my attention back to today's lesson. Although, I am still confused. What is Dong Won doing here...?

 

It turns out that for the rest of the day, I am in the exact same classes as Don Won. Thus, I am chosen to be his guide for the day. A position I didn't mind at all.

 

As classes ended and everyone went to their lockers, I am pulled aside by Don Won.

 

"Pack up your things and meet me at the school's front entrance. We're going somewhere."

 

"Uh...we are?"

 

"Tabi..." is all he said before he walked past me.

 

I stood there for a few more seconds, registering what he just said. "OOOHHHHHH..." I said after thinking for some time, "I remember now!" I quickly looked around, he is no longer there. "Shoot...I better hurry up!" I ran to my locker.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Few minutes later....

 

I hastily ran out of the school and went to where Dong Won had told me to be. The school's front entrance.

 

"Oh no...Am I too slow? Where is he?" I see that all these other students walking around, but no Dong Won.

 

"Miss Park! Over here!" I looked to the source of the voice and saw a man standing next to a car waving to me. The car window rolled down, and there is Dong Won. He gestured for me to come.

 

I am about to run towards the car when I suddenly felt a grip on my arm. I looked behind me to see a very impatient Jiyong.

 

"Where the hell were you? I've been looking all over for you-" he stopped as I yelled "SORRY! THIS WILL ONLY TAKE A MINUTE!" in the other direction.

 

"Hey Jiyong, I'm going somewhere with a friend today, you can go without me. As for the things I left at your house, I'll pick them up later, bye!" I am about to run off, but his grip only tightened around my arm.

 

"Who is it?"

 

"Oh, my friend, he's over there!" I said as I pointed at the car and waved to Dong Won, he gave a short nod in response.

 

"That boy?" Jiyong asked in disbelief.

 

"Yea, he's a new student and my new friend!" I answered brightly.

 

"...To where?"

 

"I don't know, he's leading. I have to go now!" I said trying to pry his hand away from my arm, only to fail once again.

 

"It's only been first day and you're already going somewhere with him?" Jiyong questioned abruptly.

 

"Eh...yea, because we have a lot in common and he seem nice. Now if you'll EXCUSE ME, it's very rude to leave someone waiting for so long." I pulled out of his grip and made my way to the car.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong's P.O.V.

 

 

 

I could only stare as Dara excitedly got into the car, and as it drove off.

 

"That boy..." I murmured. "He's so familiar...I know I've seen him somewhere...but...where?" I shook my head. That isn’t important at the moment. What's important is why Dara is so happy to go out with him. She is so happy, that she nearly forgot about me. Well...that isn’t surprising, she isn’t fond of me. But she wouldn't leave me behind...would she? "Gah...what am I thinking? Why should I care? She's just going out with a friend...who is a guy...who seems to have a lot of the female population's attention...and whom she just met today..." I went quiet as it hit me. What I had been trying to win all along...had just been lost. Lost to a stranger whom had just entered Dara's life for barely even a day...

 

 

 

 

 

Dara’s P.O.V.

 

 

 

During the car ride, Don Won explained to you that he was at your school to make communication easier, and that it wasn't coincidental. You asked him how he located you, he smirked and said that he had his ways.

 

My jaw dropped in awe as we reached destination. "This is your definition of somewhere 'acceptable'?!" I pointed at the place before me. The most expensive, formal, beautiful and famous cafe location in town.

 

"It's not the best, but it'll do. I apologize, I had to schedule for a place that is convenient and decent..." he said, looking at me with a raised eyebrow. I couldn't blame him. My face at the moment is so exaggerated that it is hilarious.

 

"I-I..." I wanted to say something, but I am completely tongue tied. 'DECENT? This is ABOVE decent! This is...ROYALTY compared to MY expectations...' I thought as I stumbled after him.

 

To be honest, I’ve only been to this place once, and it is against my will. It was months ago when Jiyong's mom and my mom decided to have dinner, and Jiyong's mom just happened to have chosen this extremely fancy dining spot. I and Jiyong were of course, forced to come along.

 

"Uh..." I looked around nervously. "I would've settled for a simple fast food restaurant, you know that, right..?" I asked with a goofy smile.

 

"Of course. But that would've just been impolite in my case." Dong Won remarked as he handed me a menu.

 

"Impolite? Oh NO, never! You didn't even have to take me anywhere. You're the one doing me a favor...I'm already thankful enough."

 

Dong Won chuckled quietly. "It is just common courtesy."

 

"This? Common courtesy? Ha, if this is common courtesy, I'd be considered immoral." I laughed at my own joke, although I felt pretty stupid.

 

"In that case, let me rephrase what I just said." Dong Won looked at me in amusement. "I don't do this for everybody. I only do it for those that I find interesting."

 

'OH MY GOD! HE THINKS I'm INTERESTING!' My mind went into fan girl mode, but I kept my cool. "Interesting...?"

 

"Yes...interesting or...special..." he finished off quietly, but I heard, and my face instantly heated up.

 

He looked at me, his intense blue eyes glinted mischievously for the first time, "and you, my dear, deserve that title...most certainly."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong's P.O.V.

 

 

 

 

I am restless. I finished my homework and tried to settle down and play videos or watch a movie, but my mind would not forget about Dara.

 

"Why isn't she here yet?" I asked myself over and over again out loud. "Did she forget about me?"

 

I looked at my clock. It is only around 5 in the afternoon. It had only been a couple of hours. But it felt like forever.

 

"I need a life..." I joke to myself sarcastically. 'A life not involving thinking about her all the time...'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The meeting with Dong Won is enjoyable to say the least. It is awesome!

 

I’ve gotten way closer to him from before. He isn’t as cold as I thought he is, and he is actually very charming. It felt as if we were very close friends. It surprised me, because this happened in such a short time.

 

Although there were small talks and breaks in between, we mostly stuck to the mission of finding Tabi. The process starts with him asking a question and results in me answering. I answered everything to the best of my ability. I really wanted to see Tabi again.

 

"So...tell me about this Tabi character you want to find. I know you may not remember much, but try to tell me everything you can remember."

 

"Uh...well...from what my mother told me, he is very sweet and smart..." I pondered a bit. "He is very handsome too. He had silver hair, deep blue eyes and a flawless face." I blushed as I added. "He looks just like you which were why I acted that way when I saw you. He really looks…just like you." I said just above a whisper.

 

Dong Won nodded in an understanding manner as he took out a pen and scribbled some notes on some paper. "Please, do continue."

 

"Well...I really don't recall much. I am very emotional when my mother told me about him. She said that he died at the age of 13. But I don't believe that!" My voice grew stronger. "I know he's out there. The moment I saw that picture, a very strong sensation went through me. I KNOW that they must mean something!" My voice got more persistent as I went on.

 

"But do you know for sure...if he's out there?"

 

"Well to be honest, I don't."

 

"Then why-"

 

"Because I trust my heart! My heart is the only thing I can count on now. If I listen to my mind...it just won't work. I don't believe my mom; I just know he's out there. I just know that he wants to see me too!"

 

Dong Won took a sip of tea and wrote down more notes.

 

"Me and him were the best of friends..." I said dreamily. "He is my first friend ever. There is this boy that is really mean to me back then, so I became very rude, thus, I had no friends. But Tabi wasn’t afraid to approach me and accept me back then."

 

I didn't notice Dong Won as I told my story of Tabi. It is as if I am on my own world. Little did I know, he is looking at me with those stunning cerulean eyes of his unmoving and captivated.

 

"He is just wonderful. He is everything I could ever want. I don't know how I can like someone so much even though I never really remembered them in the past few years but I know that he meant a lot to me. And he always will!"

 

"...How did you remember him again? And how did you forget him in the first place?"

 

"There was an accident. He was hit by a car at 13. He was trying to save me but I hit my head when he pushed me out of the way, so I lost my memory of the event..." I answered sadly. "But I remembered him through a picture! All these FEELINGS, they tore through me! I had these images that appeared in my head! The one that is most important is this one where he held me in his arms. I couldn't make out what he is saying..."

 

Dong Won is silent, so I took it as a cue to continue.

 

"I know this may all sound crazy but it's true. And I really appreciate your generosity. You have no idea what this is doing for me. I'm so happy to have your help!"

 

Dong Won smiled faintly, "It's no problem, Dara." he then paused for a few seconds and then asked, "Can you tell me where you found those pictures?"

 

"Oh, of course. You know the boy that I said is really mean to me and caused me to have no friends in my childhood years? His name is Kwon Jiyong, we still talk now and I found those pictures in his room."

 

"Ah...alright. I see. Well, we've gone through his basic physical features and a bit about your relationship with him. I think that will be enough information." Dong Won concluded.

 

"Thank you!" I exclaimed and nodded happily.

 

As Dong Won paid the bill, I followed him outside and waited for the ride. I told the driver the address of Jiyong's home and we were soon on our way.

 

Upon reaching Jiyong's mansion, Dong Won opened the car door for me. "Hm...Your friend Kwon Jiyong seems pretty wealthy himself."

 

"Yea he is. But I doubt he can match up to you." I declared. "He certainly does NOT match up to your manners and your charm."

 

Dong Won gave a quiet laugh. "Thank you."

 

"Oh no, I'm just being honest."

 

"I'm not talking about just the compliments. I'm also talking about today, thank you for giving me such a good time."

 

"Haha, I should be thanking YOU. Not only are you helping me find Tabi, you also paid for my dinner!"

 

"...A good memory is something that money cannot buy..." Dong Won whispered mysteriously. I stared at him, confused.

 

"I must be going now. I have some matters to attend to. As for finding Tabi, I think you'll be hearing news of him very soon. See you at school tomorrow."

 

"OH RIGHT, we got to the same school now, haha, yea, see you tomorrow!" I bowed, trying to be courteous.

 

Dong Won gave me one last smile before he got into the car.

 

I am grinning from ear to ear as I went into the Kwon mansion. Today is just perfect.

 

"Where were you?"

 

I sighed. Leave it up to Jiyong to ruin my day. "We went to a cafe and bonded as friends."

 

Jiyong snickered.

 

"What's so funny?"

 

"The fact that that kind of a guy would be seen with you. He must have been humiliated."

 

I smirked. I am not going to let him get to me. "For your information, Kwon Jiyong. He asked ME out. He is a very pleasant person to be around and I enjoyed our outing as much as he enjoyed my company. Now if you'll excuse me, there's school tomorrow and I must be packing my things."

 

"Just stay here for the night, it's getting late."

 

"Well thank you for your consideration, I will then. Good night." With that, I walked right past him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong's P.O.V.

 

 

 

I went to my room and threw myself onto the couch. I looked at the ceiling in silence.

 

"I'm losing it..." I said softly. "Before...I am at least able to be a part of life by being the practical prankster that made her life miserable..."

 

"Now...I'm...of no meaning anymore. I...I don't even affect her anymore..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------

Mianhe sorry for the late post. :D