Valentine Special - IV

J.E.R.K.

Jerk (Valentines Special)

IV

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Okay, fine.” He laughed quietly, probably because of his sore throat. “Anyways, what’d your mom make for me?”

 

“Let’s see…” I dug into the bag. “A pie?”

 

“Pie?”

 

“I don’t know. It’s probably fruit pie. Uh…there are also some cookies…”

 

“Is she into pastry now?”

 

“Probably. She made me cake yesterday.”

 

“I see.”

 

I looked at the ground; I didn’t know what to say. I felt really shy around Jiyong, and I didn’t even know why. It used to be so easy, as all conversations consisted of nothing but rude remarks. He’d start it and I’d continue it or I’d start it obliviously and he’d go on and on about it until I cried.

 

“So…” he cleared his throat.

 

“Uh…” my voice trailed off.

 

“I bet I can beat you on Super Smash Brothers.” He stated arrogantly out of the blues.

 

“What? Well, you probably can…” I muttered begrudgingly. “But I’m not going to try anyways. Bring it on!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~Few hours later~

 

 

 

“Aw, c’mon! That was cheap! How can you do that to Pikachu?” I looked at him disbelievingly.

 

“A challenge is a challenge. You thought I’d go easy on you because you’re Pikachu? Dream on.” He looked at me skeptically as he knocked my Pikachu off the cliff once again.

 

“HEY, I wasn’t looking, that wasn’t fair!”

 

“I never said I would play fair.” He smirked.

 

I narrowed my eyes. “Oooh, you’re lucky you’re sick.”

 

“Why is that?”

 

“Because I’m going to be nice and NOT beat you with a pillow.”

 

“Ha, I can take you on even if I’m sick.”

 

“That’s all talk.”

 

“Ya, well, take a look at the screen.”

 

I gasped as I saw Pikachu flying out of view and Jiyong being declared winner. “HEY. You distracted me!”

 

“And you fell for it.”

 

I scowled and crossed my arms.

 

“Fine.” He laughed. “We’ll try a different game…how about one with teamwork?”

 

“Hm…that sounds okay.” I nodded in agreement.

 

Suddenly, I heard my phone rings. It is my mom.

 

“Honey?”

 

“Yes mom?”

 

“You can stay over at Jiyong’s for tonight.”

 

“What?! Mom, is this another one of your schemes?”

 

“Honey, look outside the window.”

 

I did as she instructed. My jaw dropped open. It is like a blizzard out there. I saw trees shaking violently in the wind and some garbage cans rolling around in the driveways; I am surprised that I didn’t hear anything. “Wow.”

 

“Yes, it’s too dangerous out there for the drivers and I don’t want you walking home in that weather.”

 

“But I don’t have any of my things…”

 

“Borrow clothes from Jiyong, I’m sure he won’t mind.”

 

I blushed profusely, “mom!”

 

“That’s it, honey. Have a good night, remember your manners!”

 

“MOM, I-” she hung up.

 

“You’re staying here tonight, aren’t you?” Jiyong asked calmly.

 

“How did you know?”

 

“Dara, I’ve driven you insane for over a decade, I know your expressions of distress and what they mean.”

 

“Oh, well, you’re right. Apparently it’s too dangerous, so I have to stay here.”

 

He nodded and went to this wardrobe and threw me some shorts and a huge T-shirt. “Here, hopefully these will fit, seeing that you don’t exercise.”

 

“HEY.” I glared at him. “I do happen to be chubby in some areas, but I’m NOT as fat as you think.”

 

“Sure.” He smirked.

 

I ignored him and left his room to go change.

 

Afterwards, I and Jiyong played more video games, ate snacks and watched random movies. It is now 2 in the morning.

 

“I’m still not sleepy.” You said. “Let’s watch another movie!”

 

Jiyong looked at me in horror. “Oh no, another chick flick?” I had just forced him to watch his 3rd one of the day.

 

“What’s so bad about them?” I asked.

“Everything.” He shivered.

 

“C’mon.” I begged him.

 

“Fine. But if I fall asleep, don’t bother me.”

 

I sighed, this is probably the best it is going to get.

 

“Okay.”

 

“Good.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~1 hour later~

 

 

 

 

Jiyong stared at the screen in annoyance. “Gosh, this is so pointless.” He muttered. “What is wrong with that guy? If he likes the girl, then he should just tell her. Why is she dancing in the rain and crying at the same time anyways? That’s just plain lame. Why is he watching her through his car window? What the heck? It’s so obvious, how can she not see him? This is so-” he turned to me, expecting me to explain all this to him, but silenced as he saw me completely relaxed against the comfy couch, obviously knocked out. “Heh…” he murmured. “I knew she wouldn’t last.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong’s P.O.V.

 

 

I carefully got up to turn down off the movie, and then slowly made my way back to the couch. I quietly pulled some covers over myself, and then did the same for Dara. Suddenly, Dara started to lean towards me, her head made contact with my chest. I blushed slightly as I tried to move her over to the other side, but she wouldn’t budge. I gave up, and simply made myself comfortable the best way I could.

 

“Some Valentines this is turning out to be…” I whispered. Dara stirred in her sleep, mumbling some gibberish and then moved a bit closer to me. I look down at her and smiled. “But..." I paused.

 

"I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------

ANd the real update for the story will be posted tomorrow promise!