IV

J.E.R.K.

IV

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sunday passed as usual and on Monday as I got to school, I completely ignored Jiyong. When I passed him down the hall, I walked right by him as if he didn't exist. I felt his eyes on me. I am not sure what emotion they held, but for now, I don't care at all. I am still angry at him for his careless words.

 

I had Social Studies for first class. I got to class early since I had nothing to do. I certainly didn't want to wander around in the halls and increase my chances of seeing Jiyong.

 

'I hate that jerk...' I thought bitterly as I took my textbook out. It took me a second to realize that I had the wrong textbook. Instead of my Social Studies textbook, I am holding my Science textbook. I slammed my fists on the desk hard. I can’t believe that what Jiyong said is messing me up. It's affecting me emotionally AND in school. Luckily I didn't have Social Studies homework the other day so my Social Studies textbook is in my locker. Yet, that means I had to walk all the way to my locker, avoiding any eye contact with Jiyong. I got up from my seat slowly as I dragged myself to the classroom door. Just as I am about to reach for the doorknob, it twisted and the door opened. My eyes met those deep blue eyes. Those blue eyes were the last pair of eyes I want to gaze into at this moment. They were the eyes of Kwon Jiyong.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I gave him a death glare as I pushed past him. I ran to my locker and exchanged textbooks. I go back to the classroom to find that Jiyong is still there. I walk in pretending that he isn’t there. I sat at my seat and opened up my textbook, beginning to read random pages.

 

I again, felt his eyes on me. I clenched my fists as I turned to face him. Indeed his eyes were on me.

 

"WHAT DO YOU WANT, MORON?!" I yelled at him with barely controlled anger.

 

Jiyong seems to have lost his cool the second I yelled at him. "AN EXPLAINATION!" he hollered back at me.

 

I am appalled. He didn't have ANY idea as to why I am mad at him. I am shocked that he even had the nerve to ASK.

 

"YOU JERK! YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU DID?! HOW LOW CAN YOU GET?!" I shot up from my chair, facing him fully.

 

Jiyong stood up as well, facing me. "Hn, if it's about what I said yesterday, then you ARE stupid. It's a stupid legend. Get OVER IT." his tone clearly shows that he isn’t going to take any of this accusation.

 

I am about to object when the class bell rang. Class is starting.

 

I give him one last glare as I sat back down. Everyone comes in and took their seats. They were completely unaware of the intense argument that had just taken place between me and Jiyong.

 

Everyone quieted down as the teacher walked in and began to speak.

 

"Students, today you will be assigned a project. This project is worth around 100 marks, so I wish you all will take it seriously."

 

The class started to groan and sigh. Usually when such big projects were assigned, no one really did that well. The expectations were always beyond level.

 

"You are to work in partners. I will pair all of you up. As I say your names, please come up to my desk and help yourself to the criteria sheet." the teacher pointed to the sheets in the corner of her desk.

 

"First group, Chaerin and Seungri."

 

After the 4th group, I still didn't hear my name. I started getting anxious. I hadn't heard Jiyong's name either.

 

"Seventh pair, "Dara and Jiyong."

 

I gasped as my eyes widened. All of the girls in class glared at me.

 

Jiyong calmly walk up to the teacher and take the criteria sheet. I, as if having a hard time walking, slowly made my way to the teacher's desk and taking a sheet for criteria.

 

As all the pairs were called out, the teacher started talking about the project.

 

"This project is to demonstrate for me what you have learned during this chapter about Upper Canada. Show me you’re learning in ANYWAY you wish. However, please keep it appropriate. This project will be due next week and sadly, no class time will be given."

 

After talking about the project, class is over. The rest of the day seemed to zoom by. It is the end of the day. I am walking mindlessly down the hall, to my locker. I started packing up, still thinking back about how unlucky I get.

 

'WHY HIM? Out of all the possibilities, WHY HIM?!' I packed up my bag fast. I am planning to work on it myself and just leave him out of it. I would MUCH rather prefer working alone than with him. I closed my locker door and there is Jiyong. Standing there and waiting.

 

'Damn...' I cursed. "What are you doing here?" I snapped at him while narrowing my eyes.

 

"Waiting for you, idiot. We have to work on that project." he hissed.

 

"What makes you think that I want to work with YOU?"

 

"Trust me; I'm just as unwilling to work with you as you are to work with me. Perhaps even more." he rolled his eyes.

 

I glared at him as he glared back at me. I sighed. I couldn't blame him for THIS. It is all a coincidence.

 

"Let's go then." I muttered, brushing past him.

 

"My house?" he asked, catching up with me.

 

'Don't you mean MANSION?' I mentally corrected him. "Sure." I replied quietly after.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

So you think it might be start of something new?