XI

J.E.R.K.

XI

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara POV

 

 

 

 

 

I gasped out in deep, yet short pants as I slowly sat down on a passenger's bench. I’ve really just ran all this way...for a boy I don't even remember. Though, I am not using my head right now, I am following my heart. I looked down sadly as my sweat glistened down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away as I slowly tried to get my breathing back to normal.

 

‘Heck, Seunghyun probably doesn't even remember me now. Why am I wasting my time like this?’ I brushed away a strand of my hair as I looked up at the many strangers passing me by. 'Seunghyun can even be a random person that has just walked by me without any acknowledgement. It has been so many years, who knows how he looks now?’ I recalled back to the picture I saw in Jiyong's room. 'I may not know how he looks now...' I pondered. 'But no doubt about it that Seunghyun grew up to be a hottie. I mean, LOOK AT that adorable face in the picture! There IS NO doubts that he would grow up to be attractive. If he is alive...' as much as I hated to admit it, from what I heard of the story, Seunghyun may really be gone. It's just this tiny belief in my heart that he is still out there.

 

I sighed in defeat. Now that I am starting to calm down, I remembered how mad I am back a few hours ago. I remembered how mean I was to my mother. Even though what she did, hiding me away from this very special boy is wrong. She is only trying to protect me, because I had already lost my father, whom I am very close to. I am not thinking clearly when I ran out that door. I started to wonder how my mother is reacting to this right now. I stood up, staggering a bit. I should be getting back to the Kwon mansion now. Who knows how Mrs. Kwon would be like to find that I ran out while I am 'sick.' I straightened out my clothes, and started to walk back towards the way home, when I bumped into someone.

 

 

 

Jiyong's POV

 

I ran as fast as I could, hoping to catch up to Dara in time. That stubborn idiot is just too...determined for her own good.

 

I reached where I had last seen Dara, and looked around. She is nowhere to be seen. I hoped that she didn't go any further, I had already come this far to look for her. I am not in the mood for games.

 

I started to run again, looking almost everywhere. I even went into several stores that I thought Dara would be interested in, and looked inside. No luck.

 

'Man...Where can she be?' I thought, as I leaned by a pole for support. Even though I am very fit and athletic, this type of running is still beyond my expertise.

 

I decided to start walking slowly instead. It allows me to see better and less chances of rushing by Dara. I strolled around casually as I kept an eye out for Dara. She couldn't have gotten any further than this.

 

Suddenly, I spotted someone sitting on the passenger's bench. She is wearing the same outfit as the person who ran into me today, known as Dara. I frowned as I walked, well more like, jogged towards her. She is starting to get up, and it looks like she is going to start walking again. I am not going for another chase, so I tried to rush towards her, but stopped when I saw someone else approaching her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

 

 

I looked up at the person I bumped into. It is a man in his 50's. He had grayish hair, a face that looked somewhat drunk, and small, erted looking eyes. I didn't like it one bit.

 

"What's a young lady like you doing out so late?" he asked, eyeing me up and down.

 

"Uh...it's late?" I asked, nervous, but I tried to keep my cool.

 

"Why yes, and I see that you're all alone?"

 

My breathing quickened as I came to realize, that the sky is getting a bit dark and there were basically nobody walking by anymore. "Oh but...uh, I'm waiting for someone." I lied.

 

"And who would that be?" the old man asked in an over friendly voice that sounded too 'kind' for comfort.

 

"Uh..." I tried to come up with something, and said the first person in my mind that I could be waiting for. "My boyfriend." I said. "I'm waiting for my boyfriend. He's going to be here soon." I lied, feeling very uncomfortable.

 

"Really? Well, I don't see anyone coming. Why don't you come with me?" He asked as he got closer to me.

 

"UH..." I thought quickly. "NO, my boyfriend he uh...KNOWS how to fight. HE WOULDN'T LIKE IT IF YOU TOUCHED ME!" my voice trembled as I edged away from him. I am trying to sound strong, but God knows that I am failing miserably.

 

The man, as if not hearing what I had just said, started grabbing my wrist and attempting to drag me with him.

 

"NO!" I yelled as I started to fight back. The moment he touched me is the moment I snapped. I didn't like to be touched by strangers at all.

 

"Come on, we can have a lot of fun!" the old man snickered and dragged me along. I fought back. Despite my efforts, I am powerless against him.

 

"Stop. Let her go."

 

My eyes widened at that voice. It is an attractive masculine voice. It is deep, soothing, yet at the same time, serious. I turned my head around to the voice of my savior, only to be shocked that it is Jiyong.

 

"And why would I do that?" the old man asked, demanding answers. "I suggest you just go home, little boy. That way, we will all be saved from a lot of trouble."

 

"Oh, but I like trouble." Jiyong grinned in a very...y way. "Trouble's my middle name."

 

The old man isn’t shaken by Jiyong's fearless words. "Ha! Little boy, you amuse me. I'm taking this girl with me, because I saw her first! There are tons of defenseless girls out there in the streets, you can get your share there, but this one's coming with me!"

 

"Oh but she isn't a 'defenseless little girl in the streets.' She's a girl that's going somewhere with her boyfriend." Jiyong stated, pointing to himself.

 

'WHAT?!' my mind instantly froze at what he said. 'Did he just call himself my imaginary "boyfriend?"'

 

"Ah so you are her 'boyfriend.' I had thought she's lying."

 

"Well she wasn't, so let her GO." Jiyong's voice is rising, and I could tell just by his tone, that he is getting very impatient with this stupid old man.

 

"Ha, you think I'm really that easily fooled? You aren't her boyfriend. You are just a random boy in the streets that wants to be a hero." the old man laughed out loud. It is an evil laugh. I wanted to hurt him so badly.

 

"Oh yeah? Give her to me and I'll show you that I'm her boyfriend." Jiyong challenged.

 

The old man looked at him in doubt, but then harshly pushed me towards Jiyong. "Well then? What are you waiting for, little boy? Prove that she's your 'girlfriend!'"

 

My eyes widened in fear, as I looked back at Jiyong. How is he going to pull this one off? He is just bluffing the whole way! Or is he...?

 

Jiyong smirked as he looked down at me. My heart skipped a beat. His eyes were looking at me as if I were the only thing that mattered. His gaze is soft, passionate, and well...he is looking as if we were deeply in love. What he did next is even more surprising.

 

He kissed me. It is all so sudden; I didn't have the time to react. His right hand encircled around my waist as he closed the distance between I and him. I am now fully against him. His left hand grabbed my right hand and pulled it up around his neck, and then his left hand wrapped itself around MY neck, tilting my head. He then leaned in and pressed his lips firmly against mine. I felt a burning sensation as his lips moved upon mine, adding different angles to the kiss. My eyes were still wide open, in shock of what is happening. I am still in shock when he pulled away. He gave me a quick smirk and turned back to the old man.

 

The old man is now bewildered, as he slowly backed off.

 

"That should be good enough as proof. Oh and guess what...?" Jiyong whispered in a deadly tone as he encountered the man in slow, yet heavy steps. "Did she tell you that her boyfriend could kick some major ?"

 

With this, the old man ran away like he is being chased by a group of tigers. He never dared to look back.

 

I am still in my 'shocked mode.' I stared at Jiyong. How could he have done that so easily? My well...official first kiss that I am planning to save for my real boyfriend in the future has been stolen. But why weren't I upset? I am not able to utter a word, as Jiyong turned back towards me. He locked my hands in his in a firm grasp as he started leading me home.

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------

Such a long one!