Valentine Special - II

J.E.R.K.

II

 

 

 

 

Dara’s P.O.V.

 

 

 

 

“Owww…” my head is pounding horribly. I tried opening my eyes, and the first thing I saw is the ceiling. I gasped and quickly sat up. I am back at the cabin! I don’t remember how I got back, but at the moment, I don’t care. “I’m ALIVE.” I exclaimed and is about to jump out of the bed, but a weight on my lap prevented me from doing so. “What?” I looked beside me and saw Jiyong. ‘What the heck? Why is he here?’ I frowned, remembering the argument and why I left the cabin in the first place. ‘It’s his entire fault.’ I wanted to get back at him, so I decided to shove him off the bed. It would serve him right for my near death experience. I grin mischievously and with all my might, push him in the opposite direction. He landed with a thud.

 

I heard a series of curse words and laughed maniacally. “Serves you right, you big jerk. You know, I nearly died after taking a walk out there!” I crossed my arms. “Now, tell me who saved me so I can go thank them.” I heard incoherent words and leaned over the bed. “What is that?”

 

He shook his head slightly and quietly lifted himself off the floor. I tilted my head in confusion. This is unlike him. I followed him as he entered the washroom. I saw him turn on cold water and splashing his face. “It’s cold enough, why are you using cold water?” I touch his arm and gasped, withdrawing my hand almost as soon as I made contact. He is burning hot. “Jiyong…y-you’re burning up!”

 

“Really? I couldn’t tell from all the sweat.” He spat sarcastically, he would’ve sounded more convincing if he didn’t start coughing.

 

“Hey, I’m just trying to help!” I said angrily. “How did you get sick anyways? I was the one out in the cold.”

 

“I spent the whole night taking care of you, that’s HOW.” He looked as if he regretted the words, but quickly brushed it off and stomped out of the washroom. He grabbed a towel and came back, dipping it in water. I remained frozen in the spot.

 

“You took care of me? So…you found me out there?” I finally managed to speak.

 

“Why else would I be in the same bed as you?” He looked at me dully. “And no, Santa Claus found you and delivered you back here.”

 

“I-I thought-”

 

“Don’t flatter yourself, idiot. I only did that because nothing else seemed to warm you up. You must be very thick skinned that only body heat would work.”

 

“I still don’t get it though…why would you get sick because of that?”

 

He sighed in frustration. “You’re the most stupid person ever.” He wiped his face quickly. “When you seemed to get colder, I had to go soak towels in warm water. I didn’t have my sweater on because you hogged everything, so I did all that in a T-shirt. You made me get up 7 times last night. My shirt was soaked with water from helping you change and soaking towels. I didn’t want to change because it’d just all get wet anyways. I was literally switching between cold and warm the whole time. Do you have no idea-” He stopped, his eyes widened as he felt I wrap my arms around him.

 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know. Thank you.” I felt tears slipping down my face as I held him tighter. He is always like this, I didn’t know whether to hate him or love him. ‘I just got to take the good with the bad, I guess.’ I smiled to myself. When I finally released him, I realized that his entire face is almost scarlet. “OH MY GOSH, you’re really burning up!”

 

“D-don’t worry about it.” He shook my hands off and splashed more cold water on his face. His face is so hot that it looked as if the drops were evaporating.

 

“C’mon, get back to the bed! I’ll take care of you!” I pushed him out of the washroom and straight for the bed, he landed face down on the mattress. I threw covers over him.

 

“Don’t worry about it, go skiing, I’ll be fine.” He murmured and tried to sit up, but I pushed him back down.

 

“NO.” I stood up straight. “You’re sick, I caused it, and I’m going to take care of you.”

 

“I think I’d recover faster if you DIDN’T take care of me…” he muttered under his breath.

 

“What is that?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Well then, you stay here. I’m going to go order some hot drink and food for your throat. Remember, STAY WARM. DON’T MOVE.” I pointed at him as I backed up to the door. I gave him one last ‘I mean business’ look before leaving.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong’s P.O.V.

 

 

 

 

 

I sighed as she left. Dara is one of those people that couldn’t live knowing she is indebted to someone else. I couldn’t help but feel worried about being under her care. “At least her heart is in the right place, I guess…” I forced myself to stay positive. My head ached and felt hot. My limbs were sore, and I am also finding it hard to stay awake. In addition to getting up and soaking towels, Dara kept me up all night because she kept bumping into me by moving closer or randomly twisting and turning.

 

I got up slowly, my foot is about to reach the ground when I heard the door slam open. I quickly ducked under the covers because of the sudden cold.

 

“I TOLD YOU, NO MOVING.” Dara, with her hands on her hips, said as she walked over to me.

 

“I was just going to-”

 

“Nuh uh.” She cut me off.

 

“I wanted to get towels-”

 

“Noooo.” She came over and put the bag of food on the bed carefully. “Gosh, they wouldn’t let me leave with the food because apparently, they think that it’ll attract mice. I had to sneak the food back! It’s so cold here; mice wouldn’t come even if they offered an infinite supply of cheese!”

 

I chuckled lightly and looked at the bag. “What’d you get?”

 

“Oh!” She excitedly opened the bag. “I bought you chicken soup for your throat!”

 

“Classic.” I nodded approvingly.

 

“I got cough drops in case you start coughing again after!”

 

“Nice.”

 

“I got an apple for your snack because it’s full of vitamins!”

 

“Impressive.”

 

“And a chocolate bar.”

 

“Co- wait, what?”

 

“Oh, that’s for me.” She laughed as she opened the wrapper and started chomping away.

 

“I see.” I reached for the container that held the chicken soup, but she got to it first.

 

“Let me open it for you!” She offered and wrestled with the container, finally getting it open, but accidentally spilling some on me.

 

“Oh my gosh…” she gasped. “I’m so sorry!”

 

I rolled my eyes. “It’s fine, just hand me the spoon.”

 

She suddenly looked at me apologetically.

 

“You forgot the spoon, didn’t you?” I said knowingly.

 

She nodded slowly.

 

I sighed, “Its fine. I’ll drink it without the spoon.”

 

“Okay…” she put the cough drops and the apple by the table side. She looked tense.

 

“What’s up?” I asked, trying to ease things up.

 

“Look, I’m sorry about the things I said, and well, pushing you off the bed without knowing what happened first.”

 

“It’s fine. I kind of started the whole fight anyways…so it’s even.” I gave her a smirk and resumed with eating.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------

Mianhe for the delay of the update :D