III

J.E.R.K.

III

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I took in another deep breath as I slowly opened the door.

 

I had the door halfway open when the door suddenly swung open and came in contact with my face, knocking me down to the ground.

 

"Ow..." I groaned as I fixed my skirt and tried to stand up. As I am about to stand, I saw those familiar shoes. Those expensive and high quality shoes. The shoes that only rich people could afford. I held my breath as I reluctantly looked up.

 

There stood Jiyong, smirking down at me.

 

"Why, nice outfit, Dara." he sneered at me teasingly.

 

"Thanks for your sarcastic remark." I mumbled while glaring at him partially.

 

I hated to admit it, but Jiyong looked really hot. He is wearing a sleeveless vest along with loose, black jeans. If he weren't such a jerk, I’d even consider asking him out.

 

"Why, Jiyong, YOU LOOK AS HANDSOME AS EVER!" my mom suddenly came intruding into me and Jiyong's glaring contest, which is I am doing most of the glaring. He is merely smirking with arrogance.

 

"Thank you, Mrs. Park, you do too." Jiyong said in a polite manner while smiling.

 

I silently glared at him the whole time. His fake acting just easily gets on my nerves.

 

On the ride to the mall, my mom and Jiyong's mom were having a pretty fluent conversation. They were in the front of the car, while I and Jiyong were in the back. I tried to sit as far away from him as possible. I focused mainly on the scenery outside, not wanting to see Jiyong's face and his famous yet annoying smirk.

 

A few times during the ride, I felt eyes on me. I looked around only to find Jiyong's gaze. I replied it with a glare, as he shrugged and looked away.

 

I soon got bored of the scenery so I looked at the car a bit. The car is high quality as well, like everything that Jiyong's family owned. Usually, Jiyong has a limo to drop him off at school, but when going to places with me and my mom, Jiyong's mom drove instead. It's safer and doesn't attract too much attention. For Jiyong however, his good looks often attracted attention whether he liked it or not.

 

 

 

As we all got to the mall, me, Jiyong, his and my mom started wandering around and browsing different stores.

 

I had to drag myself around the whole trip, since I am nearly bored to death. Jiyong looked pretty drained of excitement himself.

 

I am not looking at where we are going, I just walked on and on, and before I knew it, my mom and Jiyong's mom were out of my sight. Leaving only Jiyong walking behind me.

 

"DARN… they MUST have planned it out..." I muttered while finding a place to sit, since I am all tired out. At this moment, I didn't care if Jiyong is there or not. I am just too exhausted. Going to the mall is one of my most hated activities.

There is silence between me and Jiyong, until he finally spoke up.

 

"Guess we're stuck together for now." he said without any bit of feeling at all. Which is surprising, since usually, his tone always held arrogance, sarcasm and mocking features.

 

"Whatever…" I retorted.

 

Suddenly, Jiyong stood up.

 

"Come on. Get up." he said in a demanding tone.

 

"Why should I listen to YOU?" I sneered back at him.

 

"Heh, it's not my fault that I'm stuck with you. You should even be thankful for even being close to Me." he snapped.

 

"Really? I feel like a loser." I mumbled as I walked right past him.

 

"Where are you going?" he asked.

 

"Away from you." I responded carelessly while starting to walk off farther.

 

I groaned as he caught up with me.

 

"My mom would be upset if I left you alone. I have nowhere else to go anyway. So I might as well just tag along." he said and shrugged.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I rolled my eyes as he followed. I could also feel glares of jealous girls on me. I wanted to slap them for that. Jiyong is a JERK. But no one ever paid attention to his personality. Just his looks. I tried to ignore the fact that he is right behind me, and started to look through various stores. I came across a store that sold jewelry.

 

My eyes immediately made contact with a beautiful necklace. It is silver, with a thin chain that made it look elegant. The chain hooked onto a beautifully tear shaped diamond.

 

I stared at the necklace for what seemed like a decades, when Jiyong suddenly came from behind me and saw the necklace as well.

 

"What the heck are you looking at?" he asked, clueless. Or most likely just pretending to be just to annoy me.

 

"The necklace. It's so…beautiful." I muttered, enthralled. I am not annoyed by him currently at all.

 

I snapped out of the trance as the storekeeper comes to me.

 

"That is a very special necklace." she pointed out.

 

"..How?" I questioned, still staring at the necklace.

 

"The tear shaped diamond is said to have been a tear of a cupid." the storekeeper answered.

 

"Isn't it diamond?" Jiyong suddenly asked.

 

"Yes it is. But it is said that a tear of the cupid was embedded within it. It's the perfect gift to give someone you truly love." the storekeeper answered, not missing a single detail.

 

"That's so...sweet." I stuttered. It'd be a miracle if anyone would do that for me.

 

"Ha, who would believe in something as hilarious as that?" Jiyong rolled his eyes as he walked off.

 

I glared at his back as I turned back to the storekeeper.

 

"How much is it?" I asked the storekeeper.

 

"We don't know yet. It's currently only up for display. When the price is ensured, it will be for sale." she said.

 

I nodded and thanked her as I walk away. It is truly a gorgeous necklace. It is the most beautiful item I’ve ever seen in my life. The legend behind the necklace is even more romantic. I sighed. I’d never be the one to own that necklace. Haist.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I went out of the store and saw Jiyong waiting there for me.

 

"That legend is stupid." he remarked. "Don't fall for it. It's like obviously fake."

 

"Why do you care? Did you try to listen even after you got out?"

 

"No. I just think its lame and idiotic." he said simply.

 

I am enraged by his comment. I didn't know why, but I immediately snapped right back.

 

"Well, maybe it's because you'd NEVER CARE FOR SOMEONE THAT WAY IN YOUR WHOLE DAMN LIFE! YOU JERK!" I hollered as I walked off. I could've sworn that I felt Jiyong's eyes on my back as I left. I had a feeling that I've made him feel guilty. But I didn't care. He deserved it.

 

After hours of walking around the mall with Jiyong following behind and the both us not speaking a word, I finally found my mom and Jiyong's mom.

 

We all went to dinner and neither I and Jiyong spoke to each other. Jiyong didn't even try to mock or tease me. Which is pretty rare.

 

As me and my mom got home, I quickly ran upstairs before my mom could ask me anything.

 

I slumped on the bed halfway as a tear rolled down my cheek.

 

I didn't really know why I am crying. I am pretty sure it isn’t that Jiyong insulted the legend that I thought is very sweet. Maybe slightly, but not all. Maybe it is just...loneliness?

 

I wish for someone to care about me. Not just a friend… more like a boyfriend… Someone who I could tell that I love him. Someone who would hold me in his arms as I cry. Someone I could depend on.

 

Someone to be there and ensure me that everything would be alright.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------

OMO! Jiyong made Dara cry :(