Valentine Special - III

J.E.R.K.

III

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara’s P.O.V.

 

 

 

 

 

I watch as Jiyong eat in an impressive speed. He must have skipped eating dinner to watch out for me. I felt guiltier than ever.

 

I looked out the window, the sky is relatively clear and it is snowing. It is perfect for skiing, I could even hear the laughter coming from outside.

 

“You can go ski if you want.” Jiyong suggested, as if reading my mind. “I’ll be fine.”

 

“Nah, it wouldn’t be fun without you.” He looked at me questioningly. “I mean…just…just GET BETTER.”

 

He smirked. “Dara, if you enjoy my company, just say so, I won’t make fun of you, I promise.”

 

“Enjoy your company? Jiyong, your fever must be playing with your head.”

 

He scowled and took a bite out of the apple. I smiled in triumph. This trip might not be so bad after all, despite the fact that skiing is probably out of the question.

 

 

 

 

 

~2 days later~

 

 

 

 

 

 

“But it’s cold.” I whined as my mom threw me my coat and pushed a bag of food into my hands.

 

“Jiyong is at home all alone because his parents are on a business trip, you must go visit him.”

 

“B-but, he’s NOT alone. He has maids!”

 

“Maids don’t count as company.”

 

“Of course they do. They love him!”

 

“Young lady, he got sick because of you. I’ve taught you better than this, now go!” My mom pushed me out the door and locked it.

 

I sighed and begin heading for Jiyong’s house. Deep down, I didn’t mind. Though of course, I couldn’t let my mom know. She would’ve never let me hear the end of it.

 

A servant answered the door and allowed me in. I saw some maids give me scornful looks, but I pretended not to notice. “Where’s Jiyong?” I asked the servant who had let me in.

 

“He’s up in his usual room. I’ll take you there.”

 

“Oh, okay. Thanks.”

 

He stopped at a familiar entrance. “Here it is.”

 

I nodded. I remembered this room (his casual room, remember, the boy have a study room as well). I thanked the man and entered quietly. I looked around, the room is still pretty neat, except for a few video games and movies scattered across the floor.

 

Suddenly, I saw the covers on the bed move. ‘He must be sleeping.’ I thought, and tip-toed over to the bedside. Sure enough, Jiyong is sprawled over the mattress. He looked so innocent, unlike his usual cocky self. I stood there for who knows how long, just staring at his angelic face. Even though I’ve seen Jiyong’s vulnerable side many times, I still found it hard to believe. He is always so perfect at school, being the ‘popular bad boy’ with both smarts and looks. He is a rare combination, as most ‘bad boys’ probably couldn’t care less about school, but Jiyong did. He has already learned most of the material in school, but decided to go anyways, simply for enjoying youth, but he still did all the assignments. If it had been me, I would’ve just slacked off the entire time.

 

I gasped as Jiyong slowly sat up. “Sorry for waking you,” I blurted, hoping that he didn’t feel my eyes on him.

 

“What are you doing here?” He asked drowsily, not in the least alarmed.

 

“Oh, my mom made me visit you. Here, food.” I handed the bag to him carelessly. I am actually worried about him, but of course, he didn’t need to know that.

 

“Ha, I bet you wanted to come and see me.”

 

“As if.” I rolled my eyes. “Why would I leave the warmth of my home to come and see YOU?”

 

“Oh, I don’t know.” He shrugged. “But I’m sure you do.” He winked flirtatiously.

 

I scoffed. “Yes, I’m secretly in love with you, and I would brave through any weather just for your sake!”

 

“Oh my,” he chuckled and looked at me devilishly. “That’d make the two of us.”

 

“WHAT?” I blushed and looked away. “Shut up, Jiyong.”

 

“Oh but why? We should confess our passionate love.”

 

“Quit playing.” I knew he is toying with me, but it is enough to make my heart jump.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

I want to finish this Valentine Special so I can start the amusement park!