VI

J.E.R.K.

VI

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong's POV

 

 

 

Great… just GREAT!

 

My mom has just asked Dara to sleep over. One day would be ok, but UNTIL THE PROJECT IS OVER? That's going to be one WEEK.

 

I looked up at Dara, she seemed pretty nervous. Her gaze is locked with the carpet. She's probably too embarrassed to look at me. She must feel the same way I did right now. Nervous. Even though I and her were childhood friends...well to her, maybe more enemies, sleepovers were never part of the deal. You and her had never spent a whole day together alone. Her parents were always there. With the exceptions of them ditching the both of us; I and Dara always tracked them down in the end.

 

"Uh…anyways.." I tried to break the silence. But why is it so difficult all of a sudden? I had always been the more talkative type.

 

Dara slowly lifted her head and looked back at me. "Uh…YES, let's..start the project! Eheh.."

 

I awkwardly nodded my head and grabbed my backpack, taking out lined paper, writing tools, and the textbook. I told Dara that I’d search through the textbook first, she can access the internet with my laptop. She agreed, however she seemed to be distracted by something, or in her own little world. I brushed that off and with that, we both started working.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

 

 

 

FINALL at least something to do other than sitting on the floor and having stuttering moments. I couldn't explain as to why I felt so nervous that time. Normally, I would've brushed it off with some yelling such as "WHAT ARE YOU STARING AT?!" or "TALK ALREADY, THE SILENCE IS DEAFENING!" however, this time; I actually felt nervous and shy around Jiyong? I actually thought his way of trying to start a conversation is adorable. Jiyong never before did have any of these awkward times; he is the best at stirring up dialogues.

 

'Ah he is so sweet and cute...' I mentally thought to myself. 'I wonder...HEY...WAIT A MINUTE. I HATE HIM! WHAT THE HECK AM I THINKING?! EW! He's NOT CUTE! HE'S MEAN AND ARROGANT JERK THAT ENJOYS SEEING ME SUFFER! NOOO! HOW can I betray my PRIDE THIS WAY!? PRIDE, I'm SO SORRY!'

 

Pride: "..."

 

After some mental conflicts with myself, I immediately got up and ran towards his laptop, nearly slipping on the way. Jiyong had given me a 'what the heck is wrong with you' gaze. I felt slightly embarrassed, so I decided to ignore him.

 

As I sat down, I couldn't help but examine the laptop a bit. It looks brand new and high quality. The newest type of laptop, I didn't know much about desktop or laptop, but I knew that this brand is a new released laptopand had stronger defense against viruses, ads and advertisements. However, I am sure that the real information is way beyond that. I wanted to ask Jiyong about the laptop, but I knew he is going to get frustrated with for not starting on gathering facts. So I opened up internet explorer and started myresearch.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong's POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

A few hours has passed with no noise whatsoever, except my lead pen's silent squeaking sound as Itake notes and the gentle movement of the mouse and comforting yet continuous noise of Dara typing.

 

I looked away from my notes for a second and looked back at Dara. She seemed so determined and serious. I chuckled to myself, which caused Dara to break her gaze away from the screen.

 

"What are you laughing at?" she asked, confused.

 

"Nothing." I replied coolly.

 

She shrugged and went back to looking for information.

 

"I think that's enough researching for today. Let's go get something to eat." I suggested.

 

"Ok." she replied simply as she copied down the last bit of information and wrote down the URL, after that, she closed the laptop.

 

We walked downstairs. Dara trailing slightly behind. She seems distracted once again. I am about to ask her what she is thinking about when she suddenly lost her footing. She slipped and is about to crash downstairs. Out of reflex, I extended my hands and stopped her fall.

 

"...Thanks." she quickly said, I could see her blushing lightly.

 

I smirked. "Better watch out next time."

 

She nodded quickly as we reached the kitchen, I asked her what she wants, she merely shrugged and said anything's fine.

 

We ate in silence and at some random times, made small talk. After that, my mother assigned Dara a room to sleep in. She made it right next door to my room.

 

'..I saw that coming..' I thought.

 

I lead Dara to her room and we said good night, and then parted into our own rooms.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

 

 

For some strange reason, I couldn't sleep. Today had been strangely exciting for me. I hate to admit it, but I didn't mind sleeping over at Jiyong's mansion anymore. He didn't seem like the jerk he is at school. He actually seemed close to a proper guy.

 

I felt my cheeks heat up when I remembered how he stopped me falls back at the stairs. I recalled how warm his embrace is. Even though it isn’t a real embrace, it felt like it.

 

'How could I have been so stupid to have nearly fallen off the stairs? I'm so STUPID!' I shouted at myself mentally.

 

I continued to have these debating thoughts, until I fell asleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------

:D