Love.

You're Mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erf9M9Mev1s

~

Your eyes slowly opened, *Where am I...? Am I...dead?*

Eyes glancing at your surroundings, your heart sank when you realized you were still alive.

There was a knock at your door.

Opening it, L came in with a glass of water.

You looked down, refusing to meet eyes with him.

He sat at the edge of your bed and asked, "Are you...alright?"

Not answering him, you continued to look away.

L sighed, "Bottling it up inside isn't healthy."

You cringed when your voice came out raspy, "Why...did...you..save me?"

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "What?"

"Why didn't you let me die?"

His eyes widened, "Mwoh?"

Tears slipped down your cheeks, "Why did you let me live? Why didn't you just the poison kill me?"

*What is wrong with her?*

"What do you mean 'why didn't I let you die'?! Why would I do that? Why would we do that?!"

"Because..you're going to kill me later anyway..."

L had a dumbfounded expression on his face.

"That's why your father brought me into this castle. Why else would you bring a human into the castle?"

*But you're not human...*

"You're going to kill me..so..why didn't you just let me die and drink my blood afterwards? Why? Do you like fresh blood-"

"YAH!"

L grabbed you by the shoulders.

You screamed, "I'M JUST FOOD TO YOU! LET ME GO! WHY ARE YOU KEEPING ME ALIV-"

"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU."

You froze.

L let out a breath and looked at you straight in the eye, "Because I love you, that's why I didn't-no couldn't let you die."

"Don't lie. What vampire would fall in love with...me."

L chuckled, "Well...there's me...and six others outside this door anxiously pacing the floor."

You shook your head, "Stop lying."

"I'm not. I love you. I really do. I've loved you since I first laid eyes on you...thirteen years ago."

You gave him a confused look.

"You met us before. Little boys playing around with powers, crying, brooding, that was us. You, the five year old you, changed us."

"B-but..."

"I'm going to repeat this over and over again until you believe me..us...I. love. you."

You looked at him with teary eyes.

His hands cupped your cheeks as he whispered, "I can prove it to you..."

Leaning down, you felt his lips press against yours.

You froze when sparks flew and you slowly closed your eyes.

*I love you..*