The Legend.

You're Mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3OK6a4fTJQ

~

"Alright, time to sleep little one."

The young child looked back at the elderly woman and pouted, "Already?"

"Yes love, you've had your fun. Time for bed."

Huffing cutely, the child obediently climbed into bed and let the woman tuck him/her into the covers.

"Granny...?"

"Yes child?"

He/She blinked and asked, "Can you tell me that bedtime story, please? Then I'll fall asleep! I promise!"

As the woman looked into the child's pleading eyes, she chuckled to herself, "Alright."

"Yay!"

She cleared and began, "A long time ago, a vampire had fallen in love with a human. Together, they brought a child into the world.

One that was half-human and half-vampire, the balance between the two worlds. They called the child, the "hope" of the two worlds.

However,  humans being afraid of vampires and the child's fate, hid the child and brought it to their world.

Enraged, the vampires went after the human race, unknowingly killing the child in the process as it could not take the blood of any beside its parents or its future soulmate-"

"Why future?" The child asked.

The grandmother answered,"Well...they didn't know who it was."

Nodding, "Oh. Okay, continue!"

The old woman paused,"But this is your least favorite part sweetie..."

Shrugging, "Still...the story isn't complete if you don't say it!"

"From that day forward, relationships between the two were forbidden. To prevent this from happening again, vampires and humans were cursed.

Humans were to serve the vampires, no longer their equals. For vampires, their blood would be tainted forever, impure and unclean.

Yet, if the love that happened long ago were to occur again, everything would be back to normal, humans and vampires coexisting peacefully again, the balance restored."

"So the vampire and the human just has to meet again?"

She chuckled, "No dear, they have to fall in love."

Blinking,"Just any vampire and human?"

She raised an eyebrow,"Why? You want to fall in love with one?"

Pouting, "Tell me! Just any vampire and human?!"

She covered the child's mouth, "Not so loud! You'll wake up everyone with that loud voice of yours you owl! You're the only one awake right now!"

Beaming sweetly,"But, you wouldn't answer my question granny."

She smoothed the child's covers,"The burden to change the fate of the race lies in the royals' hands."

With a confused look,"Then..why isn't the problem fixed already?"

She gave the child a pinch on the cheek,"You know why."

"But it sounds cooler when you say it!"

She laughed softly before whispering,"Legend has it the child born of unlikely circumstances and the bloodline that controls time will save them all."

The child's eyes slowly drooped and became half-lidded,"When will..they come?"

She murmured,"It's just a story baby."

Yawning,"No...it's real...it has to be..."

She smiled, *You're right baby it is.*

The child mumbled,"I'm going to find the people so you won't have to work anymore granny..."

She brushed the child's bangs, *I'm sure you will child.*

After making sure the child had fallen asleep, she blew out the candle and walked to her bed, smiling bitterly, *But that's crazy talk, what vampire would fall in love with a human anyway?*