Episode 8

My Revenge, My Love.

2009, February 28th

"I-I'm just okay." Joohyun responded even though it's obvious that she's hurt.

"Here, let me help you." The young gentleman offered.

"Th-thanks." Joohyun shyly answered.

"By the way, my name is Kim Junmyeon. And you are?" He finally introduced himself.

"I-I am Choi Joohyun." She answered hesitantly. He is a total stranger. Why would she give her name to someone she completely doesn't know.

"Nice meeting you. And oh, don't be afraid to me. I'm a kind person. Anyways, it seems to me that you are just new to this place. Do you need help?" Junmyeon happily offered.

"This person is weird. How come he helps a stranger like me?" Joohyun thought to herself. "Thanks but I know I can handle it by myself. I better go now." She said as she slowly walked away from him.

"She's so beautiful even though she just looks simple. She's cute." Junmyeon thought to himself as he watched her fade away from his vision.

Joohyun was waking around the huge campus. It's her first time to that place so naturally, she would be lost. Good thing, a petite and good-looking girl approached her.

"Hi miss, you look like you're looking for something. Do you need help?" The girl who has a milky-white skin asked her.

"Uhm.. Yes, do you know where is the registrar's office here?" Joohyun shyly asked the lady.

"Oh, luckily, I am going there too. You should come along with me." The lady replied happily. "By the way, what is your name?" She asked as they began to walk.

"Oh, my name is Choi Joohyun. I am from Sangok-ri." Joohyun introduced herself.

"What a lovely name. By the way, I'm Kim Taeyeon. I'm already in my third year here. I'm also a part of the student council. So if you  have some problems, don't be afraid to look for me. I will be glad to help." The lady finally introduced herself.

"Thank you. And oh, you're an unnie? I thought I am older cause you look so young." Joohyun told her.

"I'll take that as a compliment." Taeyeon replied and both of them laughed.

"By the way, can I call you Unnie since we just met?" Joohyun asked her.

"Of course, you can. You're my friend now so feel free to call me unnie." Taeyeon replied.

"You're so kind, Unnie." Joohyun told her.

"Aish, you just don't know me yet." Taeyeon said which brought laughter to the two.

"What course are you taking, Unnie?" Joohyun asked.

"I am taking an acting course here. You know, I am an aspiring actress." Taeyeon humbly said.

"Wow, unnie is talented then. Do you sing and dance as well?" Joohyun asked more.

"I sing. I'm a member of the university's choir if you don't know. About dancing, well, I can but I'm not the best in it." Taeyeon replied. "By the way, what course are you planning to take?" Taeyeon asked this time.

"I am planning to take Nursing." Joohyun replied.

"Wow. That must be a brain-bleeding course. That means you're intelligent." Taeyeon replied in amazement.

"Not really, Unnie. I just wanted to help my family." Joohyun replied.

"You're such a great person. At your young age, you are already helping your family." Taeyeon praised her.

"Thank you, Unnie." Joohyun replied shyly.

They continued to walk to the registrar's office. However, none of them is talking. Probably, they already ran out of topic. They finally reached their destination.

"Joohyun-ssi, let's exchange numbers so that you can contact me when you need help." Taeyeon cheerfully offered.

Joohyun put out her phone which she got for her 15th birthday but she never used it at all cause she has no one to talk or text with. She just kept it because she knew she will need it in case of emergencies.

"Here unnie." Joohyun told Taeyeon as she shown her number to the latter. "Sorry if my phone is a bit old-fashioned compared to yours." She added.

"Why are you saying sorry? It's fine. It's just a phone." Taeyeon replied with a smile. "Okay, so, until we meet again Joohyun. I had a great time with you. I'll just give you a call so you can store my number. See you." Taeyeon said.

"Thank you again, Unnie. God bless you." Joohyun said and with that, Taeyeon left.

Joohyun fell in line to have her registration for the upcoming school year. However, a familiar man appeared in front of her once again.

"Do you remember me, Joohyun-ssi?" The man asked nicely.

"You were the one whom I've bumped with earlier, right?" Joohyun replied.

"Oh, I thought you've already forgotten."Junmyeon said and smiled at her.

Joohyun just stayed quiet. Well, because aside from her dad, Jongin and Baekhyun, she never had any interaction with males.

"Oh, by the way, instead of waiting in this long line. I can help you." Junmyeon broke the silence.

"I-I'm sorry." Joohyun stuttered as she was in her deep thoughts once again.

Out of nowhere, Junmyeon grabbed her arms which made Joohyun shocked.

"Where are you taking me?" Joohyun asked in a worried tone.

"Don't worry. I told you I'm a nice person." Junmyeon told her.

Jumnyeon just dragged her until they reached a room.

"Mr. Lee, could you please help her?" Junmyeon asked the older guy.

"Oh, what's your name, young lady?" The older man asked Joohyun.

Joohyun was already panicking in her brain. She'd never been with male strangers before so many scenarios came to her mind.

"I-I am Choi Joohyun." Her voice was shaking.

"Oh, don't be afraid. By the way, I am Mr. Lee. I'm a chancellor in this university." The old man introduced himself.

"Okay, Joohyun-ssi and Mr. Lee. I'll leave you two for awhile. Thank you Mr. Lee." Junmyeon told them.

"Thank you." Joohyun answered as relief is obvious in her voice.

"Okay, so Joohyun-ssi, do you have the requirements you will need to be enrolled in this university?" Mr. Lee asked.

"Ye-yes sir." She answered nervously as she handed out the requirements.

Mr. Lee read all her papers. His face was serious which made Joohyun nervous. "Am I qualified or not?" She thought to herself.

After few more minutes, Mr. Lee smiled. "I am impressed. Welcome to the university. I will have you assisted by someone to help you choose your subjects. And oh, I'll help you to get you a full scholarship." The old man said.

Joohyun felt so nervous and happy at the same time. "Thank you, Sir. Thank you very much." Joohyun said as she bowed again and again.

She went out happily. Outside, she saw Junmyeon waiting for her. "So how was it?" He asked eagerly.

"I-I made it." Joohyun proudly said and suddenly hugged him which made Junmyeon shocked.