Episode 24

My Revenge, My Love.

The room was filled with silence as everyone worringly looked at Jongin.

"Are you okay, Jongin?" Joohyun, who was shocked, swiftly asked. 

Jongin began stuttering. "I-I was just shocked. I mean, you and Baekhyun are dating. It was just unexpected."

The two just nodded before turning their attention to Mrs. Choi, who stood up to clean the broken glass.

"Umma, I'll take care of it." Jongin hurriedly told.

Jongin stood up and went to clean the mess he made. As he turned his back on them, he mouthed. "You better watch out, Baekhyun. No one ever dared to lay a hand on my sister."

Mrs. Choi sighed silently. As Jongin left, Mrs. Choi apologized to Baekhyun. "Sorry, my son can get a little bit clumsy."

Baekhyun replied and assured, "No problem, Umma."

As everyone was left with nothing to say, awkwardness started to take over. Mrs. Choi noticed it so she intentionally began shooting the couple with questions.

"So when did the two of you began dating?"

Joohyun, who was feeling embarassed, cutely complained at her mom. "Umma!"

"Umma, ever since we were young, I already have this admiration for your daughter." Baekhyun bravely confessed.

Mrs. Choi grinned upon hearing him. "Joohyun, did you hear that? Did you hear that?" She began teasing her daughter.

"Umma, stop it!" She complained cutely once again.

"Cute." Baekhyun shyly mouthed.

Mrs. Choi could not contain her excitement and began thrilling. "You two are so cute. It reminds me of how your dad courted me when we were young."

The couple somehow felt sad, especially Baekhyun. Even though Mrs. Choi and Joohyun assured him it's not his fault, he still can't help but blame his self for his death. Mrs. Choi noticed his expression.

"Baekhyun, is something wrong?" Mrs. Choi asked.

"I'm so sorry, Umma. If it wasn't because of me, Mr. Choi would still be here." He replied.

Mrs. Choi took the young boy's hand. "Baekhyun, how many times do I have to tell you it's not your fault? Don't feel sorry about it. I'm not blaming you. We're not blaming you."

Joohyun comforted him by softly slapping his shoulder. "Umma's right. It's not your fault. I know it's not easy for you. But I hope you will finally learn to let go of the guilt inside your heart."

Baekhyun felt so grateful that they came to his life. Baekhyun felt that they're his second family. And this is the kind of family he wanted, a family filled with love and concern for one another.

"I am so thankful for all the kindness and love you have given me even though I'm not a part of your family." Baekhyun expressed his gratitude.

"Ever since you came to our lives, I've always treated you as my son. So you're a part of my family." Mrs. Choi replied.

While the three people were conversing, Jongin was secretly listening to them. He was giving Baekhyun a death glare. "I will never let you to become a part of our family."

The three were still chatting until Joohyun noticed the time. "Oh no, it's already 9:30!"

Upon hearing her daughter, Mrs. Choi suddenly turned her attention to Baekhyun, "Aren't your mom going to scold you?"

Baekhyun looked worried but he managed to smile at Mrs. Choi, "I will be fine, Umma. I'll just tell her that I was doing project with my classmates."

"I think you need to go now. Well, thank you for coming over and visiting us. More importantly, thank you for loving my daughter. I can feel how sincere you are to her. Please take care of my daughter."

"Thank you, Umma, for accepting us. For supporting our relationship. I cannot promise but I'll try my best to be the best man for your daughter." Baekhyun replied.

"Baekhyun, let's go now. I'll send you out. You're gonna be late." Joohyun told him.

"I'm leaving, Umma. Please tell Jongin, thank you too." Baekhyun said as he bid farewell to Mrs. Choi.

As the couple were walking outside, Joohyun suddenly held Baekhyun's hand. "Baekhyun, I know I was never as mushy as you are. I know that between the two of us, you're the one who's more vocal about your love for me. You may think that I don't love you as much as you love me. But Baekhyun, I want you to know that I love you, and I really do."

Baekhyun is not sure of how to react to her sudden confession. All he know is that his heart is filled with joy and love. He couldn't stop his emotion anymore. He slowly leaned his head towards Joohyun and closed his eyes.

Joohyun felt shivers as she felt how near his face is to hers. She was not yet ready, but she felt this is the right time. She closed her eyes as their lips sealed.

The world stopped for a second as the couple savored the kiss they were sharing. It was the first for both so it was really a memorable one for them.

Few seconds later, the couple parted. Both were smiling and blushing.

"I'm glad it's you." Joohyun shyly told him, referring that he was her first.

"I love you, Joohyun-noona." Baekhyun said as he smiled at her.

"I love you too." Joohyun smiled back at him. "You better go home now. Your mom might get mad if you get home late."

"Goodnight. I'll see you tomorrow." Baekhyun said as he kissed her on her cheeks.


Baekhyun was still smiling like a fool as he was on his way, reminiscing the kiss they've shared just that night.

"It's really nice to see you smiling, sir." The driver suddenly stated.

Baekhyun looked at the driver. "I guess I've never been this happy in my whole life."

"It's because you have her in your life, finally." The driver said, referring to Joohyun.

Baekhyun just chuckled.

"That's what love can do to a person. It changes you a lot. I guess your mom will be happy if she sees you finally happy with your life." The driver said.

Baekhyun's expression turned into a sad one. "But my mom doesn't know about our relationship yet."

The driver uttered as he expressed his sympathy for Baekhyun. "Then that means that your relationship with her will have to overcome more obstacles. I'll pray for you, sir. I hope once your mom finds out, she'll accept her."

Baekhyun sighed. He was thankful that his driver was showing him his support but he knows her mom will never accept his relationship with Joohyun.

Few more minutes and they finally arrived at the mansion.

"Young Master, you're finally here. Your mom wants to speak with you." Their butler told as he came inside.

Baekhyun doesn't know yet what his mom wants to say to him but he felt nervous. He slowly walked into his mom's office.

She was looking outside the window, smoking her cigarette. As she saw Baekhyun's reflection, she started speaking. "Don't tell me you were with her again that's why you came home late again."

Baekhyun felt more nervous. How could his mom found out about it?

"H-how did you know?" Baekhyun stuttered.

She finally faced him. "So I was right. Baekhyun, tell me. Are you in a relationship with her?!" Her mom began to raise her voice.

Baekhyun wasn't able to answer right away. Her mom walked to her desk and grabbed some photographs. Then, she went to Baekhyun's position as she threw the pictures on his face. "What are these?!" She was yelling, referring to the photos.

Baekhyun slowly bent down as he picked up the photographs. "So someone was spying on us all along."

"You better end up your relationship with her or else, I'm left with nothing but to ruin her life. And yes, that includes her family." His mom warned.

"But mom! How could you say that?! They were the ones who saved me from that accident! If it's not for them, I wouldn't be here! I wouldn't be alive!" Baekhyun began raising his voice too.

He earned a slap on his face from his mom. "You don't have any rights to yell at me, Baekhyun!" Baekhyun began to tear up.

His mom turned his back on him. "You better do what I want you to do if you don't want me to mess her up." She warned him for the last time.

Baekhyun went to his room lifelessly. He spent the whole night crying, thinking what to do in order to save Joohyun from his mom's plans.


"So I told you, I was right all along. You didn't believe me." A girl chuckled as she was talking with someone on the phone.

"Okay girl. Now what do you want?" The person on the other line asked.

"I want you to give me the money you promised me. I want you to double it." The girl demanded.

"Oh girl, that's not included in our deal." The person on the other line refused.

"But you owe me big, Madame Byun! If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't found out your son has been hiding from you his relationship to that poor girl!" The girl raised her voice.

"Lee Soonkyu!" The person on the line, revealed to be Mrs. Byun, yelled.

The girl named Lee Soonkyu just laughed evilly at the older lady. "Take it or leave it, Madame Byun. I guess your son wouldn't like it if he finds out your dirtiest secret." She warned the lady as she hanged up her phone on her.

"I can't believe I have the Byuns on my hands now." She exclaimed evilly as she continued to laugh.


Hello! I hope everyone still remembers this fic! I'm glad I got the chance to update finally, I hope you like it! :) My life is really extremely busy right now. LOL. Anyways, I hope this chapter gives you the cue that we're nearing the most tragedic part of this fic. So watch out for it. I hope I could update this sooner. Thanks to the new subscribers! And of course, to those who still read and waits for this story. <3