Episode 23

My Revenge, My Love.

It's been a month since Joohyun and Baekhyun were officially a couple. The two still kept it as a secret but their close friends like Taeyeon, Sooyeon and of course, Joonmyun knew about it already. However, without knowing, one close person was against their relationship.

"Taengoo, don't you think that Joonmyun is better for Joohyun than Baekhyun-ssi?" Sooyeon asked the older lady. She is not really that hyped about the couple. She thought Baekhyun is not the right one for Joohyun.

"Sooyeon, we are not in the position to say who should Joohyun choose to love. If it happens that she loves Baekhyun-ssi, then let her love him. Besides, I could see that Baekhyun-ssi loves Joohyun so much." The older lady remarked. Being mature enough, she doesn't have any in particular that she would like for Joohyun. "Let's just support Joohyun and guide her in every way, after all, she's our little sister."

Sooyeon just sighed. "But what about Joonmyun?! Looked at what happened to him. The cheerful Joonmyun is now gone. I feel bad for him everytime he'll have to fake a smile to them. He's hurting. He said he's okay when obviously he's not."

Taeyeon suddenly changed her expression as she felt concern to his dongsaeng too. But is still mature enough to answer Sooyeon rampage. "Sooyeon, that's love. He's hurting because he loves Joohyun. It just so happens that Joohyun loved someone else. We cannot blame her for that. About Joonmyun, he'll be able to move on in time. Who knows, this might be a helpful experience for him."

The two ladies stopped talking upon seeing the vision of the couple. Taeyeon nudged Sooyeon lightly and gave her a 'they-are-here' look. 

"Annyeong-haseyo Unnies. Can we join you?" Joohyun cheerfully asked.

"Of course, Joohyunnie. Come here and sit." Taeyeon gladly offered. Joohyun grabbed Baekhyun's hand and motioned him to sit down beside her.

"So how are you two going?" Taeyeon initiated the conversation.

"Everything's good, Unnie. I am so happy right now." Joohyun proudly answered. Baekhyun smiled upon hearing her answer.

Sooyeon gave Joohyun a stern look. "If you only know how much Joonmyun suffers right now." She thought. She is not mad at her dongsaeng. It just so happens that she is also concerned about Joonmyun.

"Unnie, is there something wrong?" Joohyun asked in a concern tone.

Sooyeon quickly gained her senses back upon hearing the younger lady's question. "Oh no. It's just that I was thinking of something."

"What is that, unnie?" Joohyun replied, concern was obvious in her eyes.

"Just some family problems." Sooyeon shortly replied.

Joohyun knows that Sooyeon doesn't like her personal life being talked about so she never tried to ask her unnies more. Joohyun quickly changed the topic. "Oh, by the way, how's Joonmyun-oppa now? I heard he's sick."

"I heard he is resting. I don't know when he will come back." Sooyeon answered.

"I wish I could visit him. Did you visit him already?" Joohyun asked her unnies.

"Actually, not yet. We just heard it too." Taeyeon replied.

There was a moment of silence. But Taeyeon quickly thought of something to ask. "Joohyunnie, Baekhyun-ssi, does your parents know about your relationship already.

The couple looked at each other. "Actually, unnie. Not yet, I don't know how to tell it to my mom. I'm shy." Joohyun admitted.

"Oh, well. You need to tell them the truth. They might be hurt when they find it out from other people." Taeyeon seriously replied.

"We will, unnie. Thanks for the concern." Joohyun assured the older lady.

Baekhyun, who was just busy listening to their conversation, suddenly tapped Joohyun's shoulder which caused the latter to look at him. "Hyunnie, I think we need to go now. We're going to be late for class already."

Joohyun looked at her watch. "Oh yeah. Well unnies, we need to go now. We're going to be late already. I'll see you later, Unnies." Joohyun said as she bid goodbye to them. Baekhyun just bowed at them in respect.

The couple left and as soon as they were already far from the two ladies. "Sooyeon, could you please be a little bit less obvious?" Taeyeon scolded the younger lady.

"I'm sorry. I just can't help it." Sooyeon apologized.


The couple silently walked to their room. None of them were thinking of some things but both were shy to initiate the conversation. After few minutes of contemplating, Joohyun could not wait any longer so she initiated talking.

"Baekhyunnie...." Joohyun tried to call him sweet.

"Don't call me like that, Hyunnie. Call me oppa." Baekhyun acted like he ignored her.

"But you are younger than me." She complained.

"It doesn't matter, baby. Do you know how much I wish I was born older than you so that you could call me oppa?mu" Baekhyun started his childish act again.

"First, stop calling me baby. You know I hate those kind of mushy stuffs. And lastly, how can I call you oppa when you act childish all the time?" Joohyun began nagging him.

"No matter how much you try to hide it, baby. I know you like it when I'm mushy." Baekhyun whispered to her. Earning him a slap on his arms from Joohyun.

"Stop it, Byun Baekhyun!" Joohyun said as her nostril began flaring, indicating that she is getting mad.

"I'll stop, Hyunnie. I'll stop." Baekhyun immediately stopped teasing her.

"Good boy." Joohyun victoriously remarked, making Baekhyun feel dumbfounded again.

"You won again, noona." Baekhyun acted sad as he said it.

"Don't be sad, Baekhyunnie. You have won my heart, right? Isn't that great?" Joohyun mushily said.

Baekhyun grinned upon hearing her mushy words. "Since when Choi Joohyun has become mushy like this?" 

"When Byun Baekhyun won this girl's heart." Joohyun confessed, making the younger boy grinned even wider.

The two finally reached the room after their long walk and exchange of mushy lines. Joohyun suddenly remembered the real reason why she wanted to talk to Baekhyun earlier. "I think we should tell the truth to Umma now."

After class, like usual, Baekhyun approached Joohyun. "Let's go, noona."

Joohyun just smiled sheepishly. He would always call her noona whenever they are around of plenty people. He would always act like a dongsaeng excited to see her noona. In that way, no one will ever suspect them of dating. Everytime others would ask them if they're dating, they would always shrug it off and say that they are naturally close since they knew each other since childhood.

"Baekhyun, I need to say something to you." Joohyun seriously said.

"What's that, noona?" Baekhyun replied.

"Not here. This is important." Joohyun said as she walked away. Baekhyun hurriedly followed her, worried of what she'll say.

As the two walked and left, somebody saw them and intended to follow them secretly. "Something's fishy here."

They went to their usual spot. Joohyun breathe in heavily before starting to speak. "I think we need to tell Umma the truth now. I feel so bad for keeping this relationship from her. I'm sure she'll accept us."

Baekhyun frowned upon hearing her. "Is that it, noona?"

"Why are you acting like this is nothing to you?" Joohyun complained.

"Because I wonder why you are so worried. From the start, I wanted to tell to your umma about us. I was just waiting for your signal." He replied.

"I thought you wanted us to keep it as a secret from our parents?" Joohyun became puzzled.

"Hyunnie to earth? It was you who wanted to keep it as a secret." Baekhyun replied.

Joohyun took a moment to think. She laughed to herself when she remembered it. To cover herself from embarassment. "Oh yeah, I'm so sorry, honey. I'm just being forgetful again." Joohyun said as she mentally facepalmed herself.

"Wait, did you just call me honey?" Baekhyun smirked upon hearing it.

"Did I?" Joohyun said seriously, obviously playing again with him.

"Stop lying, Choi Joohyun. I just heard it." Baekhyun childishly complained.

"When did I say it, though?" Joohyun grinned as she asked him, disappointment was obvious on his face.

"Just earlier." Baekhyun complained again.

"I know, Baekhyunnie. I was jsut kidding." Joohyun said as she finally laughed at him.

"Why does noona always want to play with me?" Baekhyun sighed heavily.

"I know you like it when I mess with you, baby." Joohyun told him, saying the last word with full of sweetness.

Baekhyun felt shivers upon hearing her. "Hyunnie, stop it. I might not help myself and kiss you." He admitted.

"No, Baekhyunnie." Joohyun nervously said as she covered .

"Am I not allowed to kiss my own girlfriend?" Baekhyun complained.

"I'm not yet ready, oppa." Joohyun shyly admitted.

"It's okay. Those lips are guaranteed just for me anyways." Baekhyun proudly assumed.

"You sure, Baekhyunnie?" Joohyun smirked.

"Why, noona? Are you somehow planning to give it to someone else?" Baekhyun sounded jealous.

Joohyun felt how sad he was when he said it. She, then, gave her a quick peck on his cheek. "I'm just kidding, oppa. As long as I'm yours, it will only be for you, oppa."

Baekhyun smiled when he heard it. "You're becoming an expert in saying cheesy stuffs."

"It's all because of you, Mr. Byun." Joohyun replied.

"Oh, look like someone's gonna get trouble." A lady whispered as she watched the couple from afar.


As their classes have ended, the couple separately left their room and met outside. As they were walking, they met Taeyeon and Sooyeon again.

"Where are you going?" Taeyeon immediately asked upon seeing them.

"We are going to my dorm. We're going to tell our relationship to Umma now." Joohyun replied.

"Oh good. I wish you two luck. Fighting!" Taeyeon encouraged them.

Joohyun smiled sincerely at Taeyeon and instantly gazed up to Sooyeon. "Why is she not even reacting?" She thought.

Taeyeon lightly tap Sooyeon, which made the latter a bit shock.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Yeah, fighting!" Sooyeon told them.

"Thank you, unnie." Joohyun smiled. "She must have a deep problem."

After the short conversation, they bid goodbye to one another.

The couple continued walking on their way to her dorm. The two passed by on one of the newly-opened ice cream parlor near their school.

"Hyunnie, would you like to try their ice creams?"Baekhyun cheerfully asked as his expression lit up.

"But Baekhyun, we might be late." Joohyun hesitated at first.

"But noona, it's only taking a few minutes." Baekhyun pleaded her cutely.

Joohyun acted like she's going to puke. "Stop acting cute, Baekhyun."

"Why, noona? Can't you handle it because I'm too cute?" Baekhyun acted even more cute.

"Stop it. It doesn't suit you." Joohyun replied.

Baekhyun suddenly frowned. "I'm just kidding. You're cute." Joohyun told him.

The two went on to their mini date in the ice cream parlor.

"What do you like, noona?" Baekhyun asked her.

"Hmm. I like that strawberry flavor." Joohyun excitedly pointed.

"We'll get one of that strawberry flavor and one of that chocolate flavor." Baekhyun told the cashier.

The two sat down as they got their order.

"Noona, this feels like a date." Baekhyun said as he ate one spoon of ice cream.

Joohyun blushed at the thought of it.

"Noona, when will we have our first official date?" Baekhyun asked.

"Hmm, this is our date already." Joohyun simply said.

"But noona, we are not even dressed. I'm talking about going out the whole day, just you and me, going to different places like what normal couples do." Baekhyun replied.

"Hmm. When we're free?" Joohyun replied.

"That's a promise, noona." Baekhyun said as he offered her his pinky finger.

Joohyun smiled and put out her pinky finger too. "I promise."

After their mini date, the two headed to Joohyun's dorm.

"Umma, I'm already here." Joohyun shouted as she knocked on the door.

Mrs. Choi slowly opened the door. 

"Oh, you're here too, Baekhyun. Come in." Mrs. Choi cheerfully greeted them.

"Just a minute, I'm gonna prepare drinks for you." Mrs. Choi told them.

The two sat down and prepared theirselves for their confession. Jongin, who was laying down, on the bedroom came out.

He was shocked when he saw Baekhyun. "Oh, hi Baekhyun-hyung." He immediately greeted him.

Baekhyun was surprised too. Who would have thought that this young man who was so mad at him when they we're young would be the one initiating in greeting him? "Hi, Jongin-ssi. How are you?"

"I'm just fine. Just woke up." Jongin replied. "I was fine. Not until you came." He mentally hissed.

Now that they are complete and facing one another, Baekhyun thought it was the perfect time for them to admit the truth.

"Umma, Jongin. I would like to tell you something important." He started.

The two suddenly became serious as they anticipated for his announcement. Jongin started to drink his juice.

"Me and Joohyun are dating." Baekhyun bravely said.

The two people were shocked. Jongin, who was drinking at the moment, dropped his glass of juice on the floor.

"What did he just say?!"


Author's note: Chapter 23 is up. Hooray! ^^ We are nearing to one of the most important even of the story. I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. lol. I hope you'll like this chapter. Thank you so much. ^^